PDA

View Full Version : Ravens helpless against...

DIESELMAN
12-11-2008, 11:50 PM
SILVERBACK!!!!!

Harrison has harassed the Ravens more than any other team, compiling 28 tackles, six sacks and four forced fumbles in just the past three meetings.

Harrison earned AFC Defensive Player of the Week honors for recording 10 tackles, 3 1/2 sacks, three forced fumbles, a recovered fumble and an interception in Pittsburgh's 38-7 victory Nov.5, 2007.

He could have earned similar accolades in Week4 this season when he collected 11 tackles, 2 1/2 sacks and a forced fumble. His strip of rookie quarterback Joe Flacco late in the third quarter and the subsequent 7-yard fumble return for a touchdown by teammate LaMarr Woodley contributed to the Steelers' 23-20 victory in overtime Sept.29.

Harrison said he doesn't get amped up for the Ravens more than any other team, but comments by Pryce after last season's game in November ("That will never happen again in his life," Pryce said of Harrison's effort, "he knows that") did serve a purpose.

"Stuff like that motivates me," Harrison said. "It makes me want to prove somebody wrong."

Harrison will likely match up against Ravens left offensive tackle Jared Gaither, who was limited in practice yesterday by an injured left shoulder.

steelers4life66
12-12-2008, 01:05 AM
SILVERBACK!!!!!

Harrison has harassed the Ravens more than any other team, compiling 28 tackles, six sacks and four forced fumbles in just the past three meetings.

Harrison earned AFC Defensive Player of the Week honors for recording 10 tackles, 3 1/2 sacks, three forced fumbles, a recovered fumble and an interception in Pittsburgh's 38-7 victory Nov.5, 2007.

He could have earned similar accolades in Week4 this season when he collected 11 tackles, 2 1/2 sacks and a forced fumble. His strip of rookie quarterback Joe Flacco late in the third quarter and the subsequent 7-yard fumble return for a touchdown by teammate LaMarr Woodley contributed to the Steelers' 23-20 victory in overtime Sept.29.

Harrison said he doesn't get amped up for the Ravens more than any other team, but comments by Pryce after last season's game in November ("That will never happen again in his life," Pryce said of Harrison's effort, "he knows that") did serve a purpose.

"Stuff like that motivates me," Harrison said. "It makes me want to prove somebody wrong."

Harrison will likely match up against Ravens left offensive tackle Jared Gaither, who was limited in practice yesterday by an injured left shoulder.
Harrison coming in on the left side of the o-line. Gaither with a injury to hes left shoulder.:thinking: You've seen the way Harrison likes to sweep that left arm under the left shoulder of he's blocker. Flacco you just might have a bad day. And Harrison might take the lead in sacks.:2cents:

K Train
12-12-2008, 01:46 AM
well the ravens did cut him

HUNT4SEVEN
12-12-2008, 08:41 AM
Harrison will be doubled all day:yesnod:, I'm looking for Woodley to go off this game:tt02 Woodley has been idle to long, he's due for an break out game:yellowthumb: an it comes this sunday against the Rats:clap::, Harrison will have atleast two sacks though:imho:GO STEELERS:clap::tt02::cope::banana:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2008, 08:46 AM
As if Harrison needed any additional motivation already, when you play against a team that cut you that always serves as alittle added incentive to do well. You can bet they'll use backs or Heap to try and chip on James so yeah I look for Wood to make an impact on Sunday as well and have a good game. No matter how you cut it you can't double team or chip both guys coming off the edges so once they get rolling they're going to start to getting to the QB you can bet on that.

LatrobePA
12-12-2008, 09:20 AM
They can't dbl 92 all day.....I hope they tee off on Lick my sacco Flacco!!

snowman79
12-12-2008, 09:51 AM
They can double team Silverback all they want he will still "Sacko Flacco" and with Woodley bustin through as well our D could have a great day against the Rats. I predicted a 10 point win against the Cowgirls and i reckon we can take the vermin by at least 10 if not more, but hey i dont care if we beat them by 1 point as long as we rack up the W in the win column that will do me.

BELIEVE PEOPLE WE ARE THE STEELERS

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2008, 01:13 AM
The Silverback attack is invading Baltimore! Wood and Harrison will need to be on their games this week; a couple sacks by these 2 atleast would come in real handy. Showing Flacco the turf is the best medicine to shut up a yapping offense.

Harrison has the uncanny ability to get up under the Tackles and just drive them backwards as easily as he can just run right around them. His size, even being on the short side for a typical OLB is a huge advantage because he plays with so much power and explosiveness.

K Train
12-13-2008, 01:14 AM
gaithers and anderson have their work cut out for them

Black@Gold Forever32
12-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Only missing from this defense this year is a shut out.....I hope Harrison and Woodley have huge days and lead this defense to a shut out tomorrow.......Trust me I'll take a Steelers win period....But it would be sweet for the defense to shut out the Ravens in Baltimore.....

NCSteeler
12-14-2008, 07:51 PM
As it turns out all you have to do is hold him on every passing play and get the refs to agree not to call it even when the film shows them staring straight at it. The Refs sucked real bad in this one. I really think they entered the game thinking they would call nothing but offsides and false starts , oh and a minor push by the kicker. WTF!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Yeah he was held today I think more than ever before, it was just sickening watching him get arm wrapped and tackled time and time again and it never got called.