PDA

View Full Version : What is it with us and turning the ball over !!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Ive never seen a Steeler team with some many turnovers on offense. Last week we had several but fortunately we recovered. This week it came back to bite us. Santonio needs to hold onto the damn ball on returns, and Ben fumbled the snap 3 times today and lost 1 of them.

We had our chances in this game, we blew it with turnovers and poor ST play in the first half. There was no reason we should have lost this game ! Even with Ben going out, Charlie came in and played well but not well enough unfortunately !!! I just can't figure this team out this year.

We had no business losing this game !! None !!!!!

Koopa
10-22-2006, 05:50 PM
it didn't kill us, cause we still had chances to win, remember great teams find ways to win no matter what happens.....nate washington lost us this game with his false start, not the turnovers, those happened early and we were still in it

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Turnovers let Atlanta in the game in the 1st half.. We had a 17-7 lead and blew it because we couldnt hold onto the ball ! Nate didn't cost us the game because we should have never been in that position in the first place !

Koopa
10-22-2006, 05:52 PM
but great teams find a way to win right??? we had every oppurtinity to win even with the turnovers, we had the game in teh bag at the end, but nate ****ed up, that one **** up lost us the game, if the turnovers happened late then ok, but we still had chances to win

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 05:55 PM
We aren't playing like a great team this year, we can't afford to give the ball away ! The turnovers in the beginning caused us to be in a position we had no business being in at the end of the game. We aren't playing good enough to overcome that stuff this year. We hardly had the game in the bag at the end. It would have been a 53 yd FG for Jeff when Nate had the false start.

SteelerDan43
10-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Nate didnt screw up anything, on the outside fringe of FG territory and Hines was on the line of scrimmage anyway so it would of been illegal formation and 5 yards

Koopa
10-22-2006, 05:57 PM
but at least the clock doesn't run off with a illegal formation and we would've still at least had the chance to attempt to win the game....nate didn't allow us to win the game by the false start

again even with the turnovers with had a lot of chances to win, we blew it by having a ****** defense and nate washington ****ing up

SteelerDan43
10-22-2006, 06:01 PM
The whole damn team wasnt set! If they didnt pick him they just would of picked someone else! Nate helped keep us in the game with 76 yards recieving and a touchdown. To blame this on nate is just plain being an idiot

AZ_Steeler
Turnovers are definitely back breakers, especially on your own 20! It's not normal for a Cowher team to be turning the ball over like this. It's time for the players to step up and take responsibility for their actions and correct the problem. They get paid to much to be putting the ball on the ground!

BlitzburghRockCity
Defense was party to blame yes...but you cant have Nate shoulder that loss. We didn't run well, we had 3 turnovers, The OL had some lapses and allowed pressure to get through, we had stupid penalities , there's alot more to it than just Nate but turnovers have killed us all year and this week was no different.

Koopa
10-22-2006, 06:04 PM
The whole damn team wasnt set! If they didnt pick him they just would of picked someone else! Nate helped keep us in the game with 76 yards recieving and a touchdown. To blame this on nate is just plain being an idiot

but they didn't, nate did, so therefore it is his fault for not being set up right, if it was called on hines, i'd be blaming him for the loss, or if it was on willie, same thing etc etc etc.....nate got the call so he's the **** up and he ran off the clock.....that one call made everything he did in the game pointless

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 06:09 PM
They just called Nate on it. Hines would have been called too, so either way it was illegal procedure. You're blaming the whole loss on player koopa, and thats a bunch of **** my friend.

The whole team lost this game because the whole team let opportunities to put this game away, slip by them again !

Koopa
10-22-2006, 06:12 PM
well like i said, if it was called on someone else i would've blamed them, but it wasn't......we had the game.....well maybe not cause with reed kicking it's not a guarantee, but if we had a good kicker, we had the game.......it was called on nate so therefore i blame him, if it was called on someone else i'd blame them....i know the whole team...well not the whole team, ben, batch, and ward played their asses off it seems from the stats...but the defense sucked *** and nate ****ed up at the end so they get the blame

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 06:16 PM
The falcons have great FG kickers and they choked too before overtime. Maybe Reed would have made it, maybe not, we'll never know. But you just can't put the blame for a loss like that on 1 player. We never should have let them back in the game when we got up by 17-7. But it doesnt matter anyways, a loss is a loss.

The team didn't come through when we had too and now we're 2-4.

Koopa
10-22-2006, 06:18 PM
isn't their kicker 800 years old??? and hasn't made a 50 yarder since 02?? and according to a member on my site, he made the 56 yarder but they didn't count it cause they came in late saying we called a timeout

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 06:20 PM
Yeah he made that 56 yd but we called timeout. Morton anderson didn't kick that, it was Koenin,and he had another chance and choked, then Morten had a chance with a 51 yd kick and choked so making FG's today was no guarantee.

Once again, we're not good enough right now to put ourselves in a position to overcome mistake after mistake ! :(

Koopa
10-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Yeah he made that 56 yd but we called timeout. Morton anderson didn't kick that, it was Koenin,and he had another chance and choked, then Morten had a chance with a 51 yd kick and choked so making FG's today was no guarantee.

Once again, we're not good enough right now to put ourselves in a position to overcome mistake after mistake ! :(

oh, well then nfl.com are lying bastards lol.....but still morten ain't good, he's 800 years old and hasn't made a 50+ yarder kick since 02

yeah we are, we did, we covered ourselves for just about every mistake except for the last mistake......so we are good enough, just that, the 10 second run off killed us.....ah well it's over, onto the raiders, which is a must win game, and when we blow them out, everyone will act like we are good again and stuff

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Sorry Koop but turn overs were the main reasons the Steelers lost today. The Falcons scored 21 points off turn overs. No excuse about the defense in my mind though. They still have to step up and make plays like a true great defense does. Like the Bears defense against the Cards.

I say turn overs, poor defense and special teams. Plus poor play by the Oline and no running game. The Steelers can not play shoot outs thats for sure.