PDA

View Full Version : The No Fun League strikes again

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 03:41 PM
Nate Washington scores just before half time and does his dance, then Hines jumps in and dances too and they flag us for a celebration penalty 15 yds !!

Gimme a damn break !! If you celebrate by yourself its not a penalty usually but if 1 more person jumps in the celebrate its a penalty !!! :banging: :banging: :cursin: :cursin:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2006, 03:48 PM
One point though Top Gun. The Steelers should know better and that the refs are cutting back on celebrations this year.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 03:51 PM
:iagree: they should know better ! But it still sucks that you can do anything but smile anymore if you score a TD.

AZ_Steeler
10-22-2006, 04:02 PM
You would think the Steelers would be a little more disciplined than they have been this year... Coach needs to get on them a little more, but I also understand that sometimes as a player you do get caught up in the moment :)

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 05:57 PM
We've been far from disciplined overall this year..its so uncharacteristic its not even funny !

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-22-2006, 06:59 PM
Like the Emporer Chaz used to say about TD celebrations " act like you been there before"

SteelerFan87
10-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Still, what is this? College football? High school? It's the NFL! Let the guys do a dance if they want to! What, is it going to hurt the other teams' feelings?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 10:22 PM
Taunting is 1 thing.. going up into another players face and shouting at him, spiking the ball in front of him, I can see that penalty everytime. For for petesake, it's a dance that lasts maybe 5-10 seconds if that !!

BBG7
10-22-2006, 10:58 PM
Taunting is 1 thing.. going up into another players face and shouting at him, spiking the ball in front of him, I can see that penalty everytime. For for petesake, it's a dance that lasts maybe 5-10 seconds if that !!

:iagree:the dance wasn't choreographed either. Hines was just excited and danced a little. If it was just Nate they wouldn't have penalized us.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 11:05 PM
Nate's dance was so bad maybe it deserved a penalty ;) but yes I agree its a spontaneous moment of excitement so why not give them a few seconds to have some fun. I mean my God, can't the rest of the team be happy too ???

BBG7
10-22-2006, 11:12 PM
well I see them call these celebrations a lot, however, I complete taunting in someones face not get called. It's out of control. Like someone said, did a tad bit of dancing while celebrating a TD hurt the other teams feelings??? Thanks Chad...this is all your stupid fault with your stupid celebrations!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2006, 11:41 PM
Just don't blame CJ but Steve Smith and T.O. No excuses though the Steelers players should no better and the NFL is cracking down on celebrations this year.

BengalBrian
10-23-2006, 01:09 AM
Welcome to our world.. Although Chad hasnt had all that much to celebrate lately

BBG7
10-23-2006, 01:12 AM
Welcome to our world.. Although Chad hasnt had all that much to celebrate lately

no he hasn't...I still blame him though......lol:banana:

BengalBrian
10-23-2006, 01:16 AM
no he hasn't...I still blame him though......lol:banana:

Blame TO or Horn.. They were even before CJ... In fact, CJ's have always been more tasteful than TO's... TO is a rub it in your face kinda guy.. CJ is just trying to entertain..

BBG7
10-23-2006, 01:17 AM
I'm just playin with you Brian...I still think it's gotten a little touchy on the calls though

BengalBrian
10-23-2006, 01:21 AM
I'm just playin with you Brian...I still think it's gotten a little touchy on the calls though

As long as it doesnt hold up the game and as long as it isnt endangering anyone or anything, then I dont see why it should be penalized... Taunting isnt cool either...

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2006, 01:21 AM
The Steelers players should know better though. The NFL made it clear that they were cracking down on the celebrations this year.

House of Steel
10-23-2006, 01:22 AM
You guys forgotten a certain little SOB before he changed, PRIMETIME Deion Sanders. OMG!!! How about Ray Lewis??? That little hasbeen.

BengalBrian
10-23-2006, 01:23 AM
The Steelers players should know better though. The NFL made it clear that they were cracking down on the celebrations this year.

Hines was excited..:dunno:

They were on a roll.. It happens.. I'm sure he will be a bit more aware now though

BBG7
10-23-2006, 01:24 AM
As long as it doesnt hold up the game and as long as it isnt endangering anyone or anything, then I dont see why it should be penalized... Taunting isnt cool either...

I agree. A little dance or some sort of celebration should be fine. I do see why they would call taunting, but even Chad's celebrations last year were kindof funny (even though we never did get any of them he had planned for us) They don't really bother me, but I can see the NFL taking away props also...but come on, a little dance...that's just stupid

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2006, 01:27 AM
Hines was excited..:dunno:

They were on a roll.. It happens.. I'm sure he will be a bit more aware now though

I know man but still the NFL made it clear that they wanted to crack down on celebrations this year and wants to make it the No Fun League. I had no problem with the celebrations. But if the NFL is cracking down on them. Then all players should be know better. Just my :2cents:.

I'm not one for making excuses. You have to be accountable for your actions.

BengalBrian
10-23-2006, 01:36 AM
I know man but still the NFL made it clear that they wanted to crack down on celebrations this year and wants to make it the No Fun League. I had no problem with the celebrations. But if the NFL is cracking down on them. Then all players should be know better. Just my :2cents:.

I'm not one for making excuses. You have to be accountable for your actions.

This is true.. Sometimes it takes one instance to get the point though... This may be the only time you see it this year

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2006, 01:40 AM
This is true.. Sometimes it takes one instance to get the point though... This may be the only time you see it this year

Hopefully. I must say its weird Steelers and Bengals fans getting along with each other. Its weird but its cool. I just like to talk football. I don't care if your Bengals fan. Just because our teams are rivals doesn't mean we have to hate each other. I never understood why fans get that crazy.