PDA

View Full Version : First it was Jacksonville,then it was New England, now it's Baltimore's turn...

Troyisabeast_43
12-10-2008, 01:01 AM
It just seems like this season is the year that the Steelers finally have been able to exercise the demons against certain teams and certain places which they have never been able to win at in the past but so far this season have found ways to win at these places. Im talking about the games in Jacksonville where the Steelers have always struggled and just could not get over the hump and beat them down there. This year they finally did back in October. The same can be said for the game a few ago up in New England a place and a team the Steelers just can never beat and they finally went up there and just dominated the Patriots and got that monkey of not being able to beat the Patriots in New England off their back. And that brings us of course to this week in Baltimore a place the Steelers have not won at since 2002. That is one of the main reasons why a lot of the so-called experts are picking the Ravens to win this game because they feel the Steelers who have not won down there in 6 years and have lost 5 in a row overall down there cannot win in Baltimore.

However, much like the Steelers exercised the demons in Jacksonville early on in the year and in New England 2 weeks ago I think and I can just feel it so much that the Steelers with everything on the line such as the division title and the bye week that the Steelers are going to snap this losing streak in Baltimore this week and make it the trifecta for the season as far as winning on the road and against these teams who they havent been able to beat on the road or period for that matter the last few seasons such as the Jags,the Pats,and this week the Ravens. Just a little something to keep in mind what I just posted here for those of you who still are having second thoughts or any last minute doubts about this game Sunday in Baltimore.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2008, 09:10 AM
I've been thinking the same thing about this year, we've been able to overcome a lot versus problematic teams while still winning most of the games we're supposed to win. Make no mistake about it, regardless of what's at stake in the division and post season the Steelers want to win this game just because it's the Ravens too. They'll never admit anything like that to the media but the players aren't stupid, they know their record in recent years down there.

The ratbrids hate us, we hate them, it's ugly, it's nasty, it's physical, and you always have players leaving the game with injury for one reason or another. The Steelers have worked so hard this year during this tough schedule to come this far and falter when the next major step to their postseason hopes is right there for the taking.

LatrobePA
12-10-2008, 10:02 AM
With all the Burg sports writers & some fans already writing us off for this game, I see the exact opposite happening. Our O has been crappy all season long while our D has played lights out. This week will be the O's coming out party and will post some good #'s and we win this game easy. By the start of the 4th I say most of the purple fans have left exposing the DIE HARD BLACK AND GOLD FANS!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2008, 11:40 AM
There's nothing I love to see more than the the black n gold faithful invading ratbird stadium. Hearing as many cheers when the Steelers make a good play as you hear when the Ratbirds make one is just music to my ears. :cabbagepatch:

The Steelers have a lot of payback on this one just like the Ratbirds think they do; the Steelers though will take the high rode and not start the trash talk but you can bet your last dollar things like the bounty comments, the hit on Ben last year, and knocking Mendenhall out for the season will do nothing but add even more motivation for this game. They'll come out and want this game bad, there's no better feeling than sticking it to the ratbirds in a BIG way.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-10-2008, 09:27 PM
:clap::tt02:We will beat the Rats 38-17:yellowthumb:We are the better team:yesnod:an will prove it, :clap:the Rats are to immature an that rookie quarterback FAGGO will show his true colors sunday:cope::yellowthumb:

steel-tex
12-11-2008, 10:25 AM
LAST WEEK IT WAS HOMO - THIS WEEK ITS FAGGO - YOU GUYS ARE BRUTAL !!!!