PDA

View Full Version : I have to be honest... I'm a little nervous about the Ravens game!

TampaSteelGirl
12-09-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm a little nervous with the fact that our offense is not scoring well in the Red Zone and the Raven defense looks quite aggressive but not like our defense, I'm not worried about their offense against our defense.

AZ_Steeler
12-09-2008, 07:57 PM
It'll probably be just like this past weeks Dallas game... the D is going to make a big play that determines that outcome.

TampaSteelGirl
12-09-2008, 07:58 PM
I agree! I see this game as a low scoring game.

steelers4life66
12-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Me too, We beat them by the skin of our teeth last time. That's why I was so glad we won that Dallis game.

Dean Denton
12-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Well, we beat them by the skin of our teeth last time because we were a little confused with everything on both sides of the ball. Now we are ready to go. Falco thinks he has seen all we can do to him, but that is so far from the truth. Yes this game will be won with Def, and we have the better one. We all have every right to be on edge over this game, we have a lot riding on it, and we have not done well there as of late. But I think you are going to find this team (The Steelers) a little more charged up then normal. Now all the crap abpout Ward and their gay team is going to come out, and the Hype machine can get in to gear. I love our chances in this game, and I think Dallas Def is right up there with the Ravens, and Dallas, Pats, Colts, and Chargers all have better Off then they do. We won on the Road in New England against a far better coach then the Ravens have. I like this game for many reason, and I think we smoke them in a huge way.

steelers4life66
12-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Hope your right. We seem to do better on the road. Think the pat's had some player out for that game. Helped us out. I get nervous about these division games.

Dean Denton
12-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Hope your right. We seem to do better on the road. Think the pat's had some player out for that game. Helped us out. I get nervous about these division games.The only thing that really gets me nervous about this game is that players seem to always get hurt in this game. Both teams. A lot of hitting going on out there. Its like a pissing contest, and players get carted off the field. Maybe Willie Parker can break Rays shoulder for what he did to Mendenhal.....lol

steelers4life66
12-09-2008, 08:32 PM
That damn Ray I think you need a tank for him. To bad we don't have our bus..LOL

Dean Denton
12-09-2008, 08:39 PM
No what we need is Billy Cole.....lol

steelers4life66
12-09-2008, 08:42 PM
I'd like to see them run that no huddle a little more.

Troyisabeast_43
12-09-2008, 08:53 PM
I'd like to see them run that no huddle a little more'

I would like to see them run that as well especially to start the game. Catch the Ravens defense off guard a little bit and throw them off their game and spread them out and try to score early and often in this game. If the Steelers get up by more then 10 points in this game at any point with the way their defense has been playing I dont see how the Ravens will be able to overcome that.

steelers4life66
12-09-2008, 08:56 PM
You make a very good point and I think maybe your right. We have to catch them off guard to run against that D

Troyisabeast_43
12-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Well, we beat them by the skin of our teeth last time because we were a little confused with everything on both sides of the ball. Now we are ready to go. Falco thinks he has seen all we can do to him, but that is so far from the truth. Yes this game will be won with Def, and we have the better one. We all have every right to be on edge over this game, we have a lot riding on it, and we have not done well there as of late. But I think you are going to find this team (The Steelers) a little more charged up then normal. Now all the crap abpout Ward and their gay team is going to come out, and the Hype machine can get in to gear. I love our chances in this game, and I think Dallas Def is right up there with the Ravens, and Dallas, Pats, Colts, and Chargers all have better Off then they do. We won on the Road in New England against a far better coach then the Ravens have. I like this game for many reason, and I think we smoke them in a huge way.

I agree with that and I hope that Flacco does go into this game confident thinking he can do good against the Steelers D like he did on the Monday night game here back in September. The Steelers I think kind of took Flacco and that Ravens offense for granted that first meeting in September. That wont happen this time around you can take that to the bank. This Steelers defense is much better now and will be much more prepared for Joe Flacco this time around you can rest assure of that. You know Dick Lebeau will throw some new wrinkles in there that Flacco didnt see in the first meeting that I am sure will confuse him and cause him to turn the ball over numerous times in this game at some point.

steelers4life66
12-09-2008, 09:04 PM
I think your going to see a lot of those dump off passes to Morre as plained plays. He's very good at it. Speaking of Morre has he stepped up or what. WOW

--- Added 12/9/2008 at 07:03 PM ---

--- Added 12/9/2008 at 07:04 PM ---

I like to see Troy get two or three more int's.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Falco..I love that :bwah: hasn't seen any defense the caliber of ours since he played us last and that's the truth, just look at their schedule. The ratbirds are all cozy and happy thinking they are something special and all that. This week boys and girls he's going to get another education courtesy of Professor's Harrison & Woodley!

Don't feed me that line of bull about him practicing against the raven defense all week either and that crap. Practices aren't full bore and they don't hit the QB either; practices are one thing..playing real time against a Lebeau defense is another.

Ruck the Fatbirds!
:ratbirdsanimated::rats::ratbirdssuck:

steelers4life66
12-09-2008, 09:48 PM
I'm more worried about our weak o against the ravens d. They don't suck.

yinzer
12-09-2008, 10:10 PM
i've stopped voicing my opinion on the play calling. everything that makes sense against a team like the gayvens will be ignored. big ben is a winner so maybe he'll pull a houdini this sunday. remember, falco is still a rookie. i don't care how good he's been playing lately.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2008, 10:25 PM
The Ravens are ripe for the picking right now, they've won some games and they think they're hot stuff. They need to be brought back down to earth and we're just the team to do it right in their own stadium too. It will be a clash of the titans on defense for sure; don't be surprised to see atleast a couple scores by either defense and some big special teams play to decide this game.

DBR96A
12-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Falco..I love that :bwah: hasn't seen any defense the caliber of ours since he played us last and that's the truth, just look at their schedule. The ratbirds are all cozy and happy thinking they are something special and all that. This week boys and girls he's going to get another education courtesy of Professor's Harrison & Woodley!

Don't feed me that line of bull about him practicing against the raven defense all week either and that crap. Practices aren't full bore and they don't hit the QB either; practices are one thing..playing real time against a Lebeau defense is another.

Ruck the Fatbirds!
:ratbirdsanimated::rats::ratbirdssuck:

Has the Ravens defense faced any good offenses in that same period of time?

Steelersfan
12-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Maybe Willie Parker can break Rays shoulder for what he did to Mendenhal.....lol

That is too funny!!! I'm by no means a Ray fan but he would run over Parker like he wasn't even there! If Parker does take on Ray I'm sure it will make Koopa happy....:lol:

Now the BUS would/could of put a hurting on Ray Ray!!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm a little nervous with the fact that our offense is not scoring well in the Red Zone and the Raven defense looks quite aggressive but not like our defense, I'm not worried about their offense against our defense.

Tampa......I don't blame you for being nervous about the Ravens.....But I have something to calm your nerves.....Back in 2001 actually Sunday will almost be 7 years that the Steelers headed into Baltimore and needed to beat the Ravens to clinch the division against the defending Super Bowl champion Ravens at the time.....The Steelers won 26-21 that night....A huge key play in that game was a 90 yard TD pass....Kordell Stewart to Superman Bobby Shaw......I think Sunday we will see similar results.........I'm usually not to over confident heading into any game but I have a good feeling about this game...Our defense has been playing lights out all year.......I'm taking the score from this past Cowboys game....20-13 Steelers and Nate Washington scores on a long TD pass from Big Ben.....

Steelersfan
12-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Has the Ravens defense faced any good offenses in that same period of time?

They sure have...... a 30-10 loss to the Giants (who rushed for over 200!).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281116019

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Steelersfan hit it right on the head; the Ratbirds schedule has been a cake walk and it only stands to reason that with their good D and running game that they have had success. You can bet your last dollar if they were playing our schedule this year they'd be lucky to be .500 ball club. You have to be versatile on offense against them, if you just do the same thing play after play they'll figure you out by halftime and it's all over. Once you soften them up passing and using the short passing game as a running game then you start bringing the ground game to life and let them go at it for awhile.

I remember that game BG32 and Shaw making that big play; it's not impossible to win in Baltimore by any means but you have to be sound and just not turn the ball over. Attack them and don't let up even for one play, beat them into submission no matter how you go about it.

TampaSteelGirl
12-10-2008, 12:07 AM
I'm more worried about our weak o against the ravens d. They don't suck.

This is my worry exactly!! I watched Campbell get knocked on his arse by 2 Ravens defenders all night Sunday night. Not just 1 defender but 2 at a time. Our Oline has to be stellar sunday, flawless otherwise Ben is going to get sacked all night. Suggs is one I worry about, I've seen him get to rough with Ben..that guy is always out to hurt him. Hoping Hines is a his best blocking..knock Reed on his arse! This will be a VERY physical game as usual but our Oline needs to play a stellar game, bottom line! I don't think Flacco has a snowballs chance in hell against our Defense. Ravens are cocky now so hopefully we can knock them back into reality. We have the toughest schedule in the NFL and we are 10-3..that's something to be very proud of..Ravens havent played "good" teams as much. We will prevail. :tt02::tt02::tt02:

:herewego::steelersblink::herewego:

:steelers1:

--- Added 12/9/2008 at 10:07 PM ---

Tampa......I don't blame you for being nervous about the Ravens.....But I have something to calm your nerves.....Back in 2001 actually Sunday will almost be 7 years that the Steelers headed into Baltimore and needed to beat the Ravens to clinch the division against the defending Super Bowl champion Ravens at the time.....The Steelers won 26-21 that night....A huge key play in that game was a 90 yard TD pass....Kordell Stewart to Superman Bobby Shaw......I think Sunday we will see similar results.........I'm usually not to over confident heading into any game but I have a good feeling about this game...Our defense has been playing lights out all year.......I'm taking the score from this past Cowboys game....20-13 Steelers and Nate Washington scores on a long TD pass from Big Ben.....

Thanks BG32! Great night! THat sounds good to me, I"m glad you have a good feeling about this game, I need to be more positive but just worried about our offense not scoring in the red zone. I definately can see a couple Nate/Ben long TD scores! We gotta send positive vibes to our offense!!! :tt02:

BlitzburghNation
12-10-2008, 12:14 AM
We take this game and the division is ours and more than likely the 2nd seed locked up !

if the texans somehow beat the titans,,,,,,,next weeks match-up could possible determine the #1 seed,,,,,,,,,We win out & titans lose out "who knows" we may have the #1 seed :popcorn:

Personally i don't care about the #1 seed,,,,,,,But i do want the #2 and I definetly want us to beat them rats :pray:

Troyisabeast_43
12-10-2008, 12:48 AM

I remember that game as well. The Ravens defense much like it is being now was being totally overhyped about how good they were, and the Steelers with Kordell Stewart came in there and just tore up that Ravens defense for something like 450 total yards. It was a very very impressive victory and it I believe it clinched us the division and the bye week much like it could do this weekend should the Steelers find a way to win this game which I believe they will do.

igor0190
12-10-2008, 01:06 AM
How will the Steeler presence be in Baltimore? Are there a lot of Steeler fans that get in there?

memphissteelergirl
12-10-2008, 11:54 AM
How will the Steeler presence be in Baltimore? Are there a lot of Steeler fans that get in there?

There is usually a great deal of B&G in the stands at the Ravens games. Hopefully there will be a good showing like there was at the Redskins game earlier this season. :tt02::tt02:

They will need all that good karma.

JensK
12-10-2008, 12:16 PM

I remember reading somewhere that the expect the Steeler fans to fill out almost 40 % of the place, but its probably quiet exaggerated.

livingthrudying
12-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Guys calm down. Our defense is superior. Dallas D was not good they have given up points all year long as well as last year. Their offense has bailed them out. Dalas's defense wasnt great our offense was bad. Our O has a problem with playing to the level of the defense they are playing against.

As far as our D goes, once we take away the pass with the pass rush and the great secondary they will have to try to run, we all know what happens when you run against us!

Im not going to say it will be pretty but we will win. We have to many (not just Ben) that always find a way to step up and win. I dont need a blow out score just another Lombardi trophy. If every team in the NFL says we were lucky or barely won then so be it. Funny thing is early in the year the Cowboys were using that same statement, a win is a win no matter if its pretty or ugly, its still a win and thats what matters. Yes our QB does some Bone head things but at the end of the day he wins games and when he cant someone else steps in and wins for him cause they believe in him and this team.

The ravens are too pre occupied with Bountys and dealing out punishment. Flacco is good for a rookie we have to respect that but he is still a rookie and facing a true defensive mastermind. Lebeau is not Arians, he doesnt screw up the game plan ever he just gets better and better and no rookie can deal with that or the pure defensive threat of Harrison. Only 2 other players have ever won the NFL MVP and Harrison is in the talks to be the 3rd player to do so. Flacco cant do anything to stop Harrison and when he gets hit and creates a few turnovers watch the life get sucked out of that offense. Thats the biggest difference between us and any other team. When the going gets tough we dont fold we keep trying, we dont ever give up!!!

Dean Denton
12-10-2008, 07:03 PM
We have shown all year that we never give up in a dog fight. we have been brawling all year with every team in every game, and these last three games are going to be the hardest. 2 of the 3 teams hate us, and the other is trying to be what we have been for decades. Its going to be tough, but this team will come together, and do what they need to. Tomlin was right when he said people get to caught up in style points. Our win against the Cowboys, and against the Ravens were things of Beauty. Its what Champions are made of. We are the deadliest team in the league right now, and I can tell you, no one wants to face us if they have their season on the line. That faggy coach in New England will be the first to say it. He has said it before. Would you want to play this team to get into the playoffs? I think not....they scare the shiat out me, and I love em....lol

ejsteeler
12-10-2008, 07:48 PM
I really want to believe that. But I have to think that we will not make it to the playoffs with our offense playing as inconsistent as it has. We may make it through this week because Flacid may not be able to handle the pressure, but the Titans seem to game plan better and will tear us apart, if we do not change. Come on Tomlin, make a management decision......
....man that hurts to say..:evilshake:

Stairwayto7
12-10-2008, 07:53 PM
I`m just a tad nervous. I say we win by 10. Every once in a while, we surprise everyone and come out and blow a team out that was suppose to be our game. I same we come out pumped on the road, and really play like we are the sole leaders of the AFCN

steelers4life66
12-10-2008, 07:53 PM
I really want to believe that. But I have to think that we will not make it to the playoffs with our offense playing as inconsistent as it has. We may make it through this week because Flacid may not be able to handle the pressure, but the Titans seem to game plan better and will tear us apart, if we do not change. Come on Tomlin, make a management decision......
....man that hurts to say..:evilshake:
Ya, God forgive me for saying this but I can't see a super bowl this year.

Dean Denton
12-10-2008, 08:00 PM
....man that hurts to say..:evilshake:I feel ya on this one. but I also think they we can stand in there with any team because we have such a nasty Def. We are not going to give up a lot of points, but we still need to run the ball. Let us hope the Off can step up just a little to get it done. We dont need to be the 1989 49ers, but we do need more points.

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Well, you always have to be a little leary going to thier house. That is not so un-natural.
A lot of us fans might feel the same way , considering the way that out offense has been playing as of late.

We have a chance to settle the score , so to speak , at thier house. If you ever hear our team talk about the Ravens as a cake game , i would like to know where you heard that.

We can win this game with our offense , instead of depending on our defense. My reasoning is simple , by showing them something that they have not seen thus far this year , on offense.

Arians came from Cleveland and was beaten up by them, like we used to do to The Clowns. Maybe Arians has some **** on how to beat them. I hope he is right.

He and his so called offense needs to show up and give our defense a well deserved rest.
5 and 6 min. scoring drives could do wonders in this game. Even if it is a field goal.

Don't worry , this will be an offensive game. Only one defense can lose this game.
I have trouble believing that it would be ours.:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2008, 11:34 PM
The closer this game gets the more I get excited! I want nothing more for us to go in there and just kick their asses 9 ways to Sunday. There's no love loss and no surprises, it's a slug fest and we're going to be the last ones standing!

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-11-2008, 12:00 AM
May just want to step asside for this game. Get used to carts going on and off the field. It has proved to be that way .
Even though they may have switched cities ,we know who they are. They are a thorn in our side, that is trying to get closer to being a pain in our @ss.
They have done a real good job of that. In thier house they have been pretty good of pulling the welome mat out from underneath us. We have done the same to them at our house.
We need to show them that , we still rule this roost! It will not be easy with all the bounties that thier team has out on us , but they need to take some good , old ,fashioned medicine ,that only we can deliver !!
Burn thier aggressive defense , with some stuff they never thought we would try!!!
Make them regroup while they cry !! Get them out of thier game , and we are moving on !!
We might see you again if you survive the wild card game.

steelers4life66
12-11-2008, 12:26 AM
May just want to step asside for this game. Get used to carts going on and off the field. It has proved to be that way .
Even though they may have switched cities ,we know who they are. They are a thorn in our side, that is trying to get closer to being a pain in our @ss.
They have done a real good job of that. In thier house they have been pretty good of pulling the welome mat out from underneath us. We have done the same to them at our house.
We need to show them that , we still rule this roost! It will not be easy with all the bounties that thier team has out on us , but they need to take some good , old ,fashioned medicine ,that only we can deliver !!
Burn thier aggressive defense , with some stuff they never thought we would try!!!
Make them regroup while they cry !! Get them out of thier game , and we are moving on !!
We might see you again if you survive the wild card game.
This would be a good speech for game time.:cope:

LatrobePA
12-11-2008, 12:41 AM
Rat-turds will be the ones getting hurt this game, Big Gums Suggs and Ray ray have something they think to prove to us, I bet one or both of them are hurt and on the bench by halftime....Keep this post and mark my words!!

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-11-2008, 01:09 AM
This would be a good speech for game time.:cope:

Thank you sir , i take that as not only a compliment , but a place that we need to go .
Shake hands with the winners . We can go to Maryland , and shove the old Cleveland Browns behind us.
Come and try us again at our house , if you make it that far. Win this game , and we might have something to talk about.
We own the Browns , and all of thier cities they have set up shop in !!!

steelers4life66
12-11-2008, 01:23 AM
Thank you sir , i take that as not only a compliment , but a place that we need to go .
Shake hands with the winners . We can go to Maryland , and shove the old Cleveland Browns behind us.
Come and try us again at our house , if you make it that far. Win this game , and we might have something to talk about.
We own the Browns , and all of their cities they have set up shop in !!!
That is kind of funny. The ravens are the old browns and the spabels are a spin off the the browns too. That city just breeds dogs**t doesn't it.:lol:

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-11-2008, 02:00 AM
No matter where they seem to set up shop , we still own them. They pushed us around for a life time. This is a new lifetime. They have had a better life in Baltimore , but that $hit can end just as quickly as it started. Where will they move next after they are tired and worn out from all the beatings? Maybe they can request a move , or a switch to the NFC. I say keep them right where they are ,so we have someone to bust up on!!
Seahawks did the same $hit. They could not handle the AFC. Just put in a request to the NFL office,and your request will be answered in the order that it was recieved. (LOL)

HUNT4SEVEN
12-11-2008, 02:52 PM
If u go back an watch the last five games against the Rats it's obvious we shot ourselves in the foot when we play them at their house:yesnod:,the only game they won was when they shut us out that year:yesnod: as long as Ben take care of the ball (NO TURN OVERS) an the Offensive line shows up, we beat these Rats with no problem,i think we are gonna do that :yellowthumb:we are on an mission this year:yellowthumb:an we won't let no Rat get in our way:nono:Go STEELERS:tt02::tt02:

Dean Denton
12-11-2008, 05:18 PM
The closer this game gets the more I get excited! I want nothing more for us to go in there and just kick their asses 9 ways to Sunday. There's no love loss and no surprises, it's a slug fest and we're going to be the last ones standing!It just hit me reading your post. Steelers win by 9. I say we are up by 7 late in the game, then score a saftey when we have those bitches pinned deep.

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-12-2008, 12:54 AM
A win in Baltimore could be really huge for this team , in my eyes anyway. If they can win this game , things could really open up.
If they can win this game with offense , then it will be all the more sweet. We don't have to win this game,but we need to kick "them" to the side while we have the ultimate chance.
Can you picture a more pleasant win than this would be? Not counting the Pats of course.
Speaking of courses ,we are on the right course as a team .I like that Parker is mad about not getting the carries, or even stands up as part of our team. He has been injured for quite a few games ,and for him to call out the offensive scheme..... who is he?
He is a player that has been a part of this team long enough to see that they have changed thier shade of color a little bit.
In the latest news ,Coach called a team meeting about his statement to somebody.
I don't blame Parker for doing , or saying what he may ,or ,may have not said.
Nor do i blame the "Tomlinater" for trying to keep a seret about our offense.
Any Tomlin , Dick , and Arians , must be able to see that there is some motive behind what you show to the teams you might face again.
I don't like it that our D-fense has to bail us out of games . Niether does Willie. We can not ignore that willie has a point. Tomlin himself must have looked at the statement ,and had to take control of the situation.
We do not need any inside battles on our team , Tomlin and his staff has got to know what is going on around them!!!
Steelers 19 ,Ravens 12.