PDA

View Full Version : Steeler 2008 Def, Best of all time?

Dean Denton
12-08-2008, 12:18 PM
I have been watching football all my life, and I know that I'm biased here, but I really think that we could be looking at the best Def of all time. We have the toughest schedule since 1976 Giants, and yet we sit at 10-3. We are 1 of 3 teams to ever be number 1 in all phases of the game. I know that the 85 Bears were bad ***, but they also had an Off. This team does not. I think we could be watching history this year fellas, and I am proud to be a Steeler Fan......:imho:

AZ_Steeler
12-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Yeah... it's kind of like the Ravens team that went to the Super Bowl... all D and no O :dunno: It's not a very comfortable feeling and makes my blood pressure go up during the games :)

Dean Denton
12-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Yeah... it's kind of like the Ravens team that went to the Super Bowl... all D and no O :dunno: It's not a very comfortable feeling and makes my blood pressure go up during the games :)The Ravens had a running game though. We have nothing even close to that. Plus we have a bottom tier OL. Our Def is the only reason we are 10-3.

BlitzburghNation
12-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Love our defense,,,,,,,,,But the best Defense of all time is the 70's STEEL CURTAIN :towelwave:

ejsteeler
12-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Love our defense,,,,,,,,,But the best Defense of all time is the 70's STEEL CURTAIN :towelwave:

I agree, but only because they were allowed to play football and did not have their hands tied with all these pansy a$$ rules to "protect" the players. :yesnod:

JensK
12-08-2008, 01:44 PM
IF they want to be the best they'll have to play lights-out in january aswell, and do it a few years from now. Then they'll be concider the best imho. If we win the SB, or at least get to it we all know it'll be because of our defence. then i think its reasonable to at least put them in the category, but for now, no..

Troyisabeast_43
12-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Let's win in Baltimore and clinch the AFC North division title and a first round bye in the playoffs this Sunday before we start talking about this defense being the best of all time or anything. If the Steelers lose this week in Baltimore the Ravens will be in first place and the Steelers will drop to the number 6 seed in the AFC which is a huge huge deal in my opinion...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Right now this unit up to this point is playing the best of any Steeler defense since the dynasty years, that much is clear. However as 43 mentioned there's still much work to be done and more games to win before we can even think about crowning them one of the best of all time. IF we were to win the super bowl and this D is still playing at the level they are now then we might be able to have this conversation..LOL

Dean Denton
12-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Really I guess thats all I have is stats to go off of. and these guys are far and away ahead of any other team before them. Give us the 70's Steelers OL, and you would see the one of the greatest teams of all time....IMO