PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with the refs?

JensK
12-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Seriously, they are most certainly not giving Steelers any easy yard-age at all.. I could count at least 3 plays where TO pushed Ike Taylor right on the helm, and afterwards hit him. Personal fault, 15y please. Also, Hines got layed out a time or two where they could easily have called a pass int. or at least illegal contact. I just don't get it. I believe its alright if they miss a holding or two. That happens, but man.. Those were all so obvious... :willybs:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2008, 12:06 PM
We have to be able to overcome that stuff. The officials this year are clearly having just as many bad games as they are good ones. Harrison gets held on almost every play every week, we get called for phantom holding calls left and right, personal fouls for hits, the list goes on and on. That's TO's game, he gets in your face and tries to take you out of your game, the refs know it and they just let it go.

SteelersWoman
12-08-2008, 12:57 PM
... That's TO's game, he gets in your face and tries to take you out of your game, the refs know it and they just let it go.

Jawing is one thing, pushing, hitting, shoving is entirely different. Dallas did that to us at least three times (T.O. was one of them) and it wasn't called. Props to our guys for not responding back--cause the refs would've thrown a flag on them for sure, even though Dallas guys started it.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2008, 02:49 PM
There was a few times when Ike was up in his face jawing with him but fortunately he composed himself enough to not draw a flag. The refs clearly should called offensive holding or illegal hands to the face on several occasions. It is what it is though and we got the last laugh by keeping TO to basically being a non factor except on that one play and us getting the big win!

LarryNJ
12-08-2008, 03:40 PM
You can look at film and find missed calls on almost every play. The refs may suck but they suck for both teams and it tends to even out. I think it's a not an advantage to either team.

Dee Mca
12-08-2008, 04:17 PM
They all know how Hines plays so he's never going to get those calls. They just expect him to level someone for payback it's a shame but when you have a guy that plays wide receiver that hits like a linebacker you got to expect it.

RW318
12-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Get ****ing real.....ya'll held just as much as the Cowboys.....Threw as many jabs and pushed as much. The Cowboys just didn't act like big ****ing babies turning to the refs after every missed call and yelling along with hand gestures.

Stairwayto7
12-08-2008, 07:40 PM
My biggest issue is that we get called six times for holding one game, and two weeks later there are no holds at all??????

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Get ****ing real.....ya'll held just as much as the Cowboys.....Threw as many jabs and pushed as much. The Cowboys just didn't act like big ****ing babies turning to the refs after every missed call and yelling along with hand gestures.

Uh excuse me, did you hear any of the STeelers complain about the refs? No, we always get the can when it comes to calls that don't go our own way but we deal with it and we overcome it just like yesterday unlike you all who couldn't get it done!

We're allowed to critique the refs as fans so relax; you lost, it's over :reddevil:

vidaliasteelerfan
12-08-2008, 09:15 PM
On the last TD we scored it took the rest about 5 years to signal a TD! he had that look of OMG he freakin scored ..... I think!!!!

DIESELMAN
12-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Its going to take a long time for you to get over this loss, ain't it? I bet you didn't get any sleep last night either.....:haha:

RW318
12-09-2008, 02:35 AM
Uh excuse me, did you hear any of the STeelers complain about the refs? No, we always get the can when it comes to calls that don't go our own way but we deal with it and we overcome it just like yesterday unlike you all who couldn't get it done!

We're allowed to critique the refs as fans so relax; you lost, it's over :reddevil:

I saw them crying and yelling to the refs the whole game. Didn't see that from Ware or Owens when they were being held....crazy.

Not upset about losing to the stealers....more upset about how the bullshit happened and losing another game they should have won. Stupid *** 12 men on the field and offsides penalties single handedly ruined it for the Cowboys. They make mental errors when it counts....and that's the only time they seem to do it.

You can talk bad about the refs of course....hell I do....but come the **** on...they were bad and have been bad for the Cowboys just like they've been for every team.

--- Added 12/9/2008 at 12:35 AM ---

Its going to take a long time for you to get over this loss, ain't it? I bet you didn't get any sleep last night either.....:haha:

I got 14 hours..... ...........:plus1:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2008, 09:07 AM
I saw them crying and yelling to the refs the whole game. Didn't see that from Ware or Owens when they were being held....crazy.

Not upset about losing to the stealers....more upset about how the bullshiat happened and losing another game they should have won. Stupid *** 12 men on the field and offsides penalties single handedly ruined it for the Cowboys. They make mental errors when it counts....and that's the only time they seem to do it.

You can talk bad about the refs of course....hell I do....but come the **** on...they were bad and have been bad for the Cowboys just like they've been for every team.

--- Added 12/9/2008 at 12:35 AM ---

I got 14 hours..... ...........:plus1:

For the record I saw it from Ware a few times on Sunday; every offensive line holds on almost every play but man the times they Refs seem to want to call it normally are either phantom or so insignificant that it drives me nuts.