PDA

View Full Version : 6 rings?

Steel Trap86
12-07-2008, 10:02 PM
YES we all know it wasnt pretty against the cowboys, but we still got the win, and the Steelers defense proves week in and out that we are the best, I think we can beat the Ravens in Baltimore [which is not easy] can the STEELERS get the 6th ring?>?????? it is lookin like December football at its finest in Pittsburgh...feel free to correct me if im wrong, but I think we're going deep in the playoffs, we just beat the NFL's 2 poster child teams and I love it all

haha i know it early but im just excited to beat 2 quality teams in a row, the offense did play like **** most of the game and we got stuffed at the goal line yet again

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cope:

champnation
12-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Cowboys are overrated. I think it is a little early to be talking superbowl but if we can get a few things such as the O-line working at their full potential that we can make a good run. It is always hard to say because I didn't think the Giants were going to win last year and before that the Steelers I thought didn't have a chance.

igor0190
12-07-2008, 10:17 PM
If we're going to go anywhere in the playoffs we need our offence to get some confidence and be able to control the ball. When Ben does actually have time all the receivers are 20 yards down the field. Try running some slants and 5 yard outs Arians you dumbsh*t.

kgreen
12-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Please man, we are good but our offense keeps us from being great. Our defense is the best we've had in a long time and that's saying something. Our offense is about as good as it was in the late 90's. So yeah I think we canwin a super Bowl this year given the current status of the AFC. To win a 6th (should be 7th) we will need our offense to catch fire once again. We will need Ben back to his 05-06 form, BA to start calling plays like Whiz and some running back to step up and carry the load. We will need the Giants to lose in the playoffs. I think its possible but I don't think it will happen this year. I think we are a year or two from a Super Bowl. We still have some wrinkles to iron out.

BlackGold4vr
12-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Way too early to talk 6th ring. Our offense is so offensive at times I lose my voice screaming at the TV. If they don't find their groove soon it will be an early exit for this team in the playoffs. Had I been at the game I would have been booing the offense. Bruce Arians is a dolt. At the goal line we rush Willie for 2 plays with no gain, then we bring in Russell. Dumb play calling. :2cents:

jpele
12-07-2008, 10:34 PM
I think today was the first time I booed LeBeau, what the heck was he thinking rushing 3 and 4 men. Why didn't we blitz ?

Silverback
12-07-2008, 10:34 PM
When your talking about December football its defense and pounding the rock. Obviously we only have half of that right now. Never mind short yardage let Gary Russel touch the ball more.

steelerfan11
12-07-2008, 10:52 PM
I agree that Russel needs to have the ball in his hands a lot more!!

You all realize that if we win a super bowl Arians will be around for a lot longer...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-07-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm just hoping the offense will catch fire in the play-offs....Getting that bye week is important since I do think some of our players need it bad....Yes I now the bye weeks really has helped this team in the past but that was under Cowher.....I don't care about the number 1 seed just the number 2 so this team could use a week off.....

I think if Willie Parker can get healthy then that will help the offense greatly...Him and Moore would make a nice combo......

--- Added 12/7/2008 at 09:56 PM ---

I agree that Russel needs to have the ball in his hands a lot more!!

You all realize that if we win a super bowl Arians will be around for a lot longer...

Even if this team doesn't win the Super Bowl he won't be fired.......Noway Tomlin fires BA after two 10 win seasons.......I have some issues with BA also but who knows if its all him especially since Ben does call the majority of the plays....The whole offense is to blame at this point not just BA.......

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2008, 11:14 PM
It's entirely way too early to talk Super Bowl, hell we haven't even made the playoffs officially yet.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-08-2008, 01:51 AM
It comes down to our play calling plain an simple,an Bens health:imho:

Moondog
12-08-2008, 01:58 AM
The Steelers need to worry about beating Baltimore and taking the division before even thinking about a sixth ring. Their defense is there....now come on offense!!!!

DanRooney
12-08-2008, 03:53 AM
Cowboys are overrated. I think it is a little early to be talking superbowl but if we can get a few things such as the O-line working at their full potential that we can make a good run. It is always hard to say because I didn't think the Giants were going to win last year and before that the Steelers I thought didn't have a chance.

Yeah everybody we beat is dubbed "overrated." :lol: Last week it was the Patriots, a few weeks before, it was the Redskins. This week its gonna be the Ravens...watch. :yellowthumb:

Steel Trap86
12-08-2008, 04:31 AM
hahaha i know its early man im just excited to beat 2 quality teams in a row

the offense did play like **** most of the game, and we got STUFFED yet again at the goal line on 4th and goal, im just glad we won

LarryNJ
12-08-2008, 06:56 AM
The Cowboys have just as good of a chance as we do. They are the one team who has a chance to beat the Giants. It's wide open in the AFC depending on who gets hot in the playoffs.

greennick
12-08-2008, 08:01 AM
If we win every game left in the season, then I will start considering this. In the meantime, not a chance!

Steelers70
12-08-2008, 08:20 AM
I don't see 6 rings happening to be honest, but then to be even more honest, I didn't see the 5th ring as a possibility that given year. /shrug

This season is remarkable in that it showcases two coordinators efforts and abilities. Dick LeBeau is a god in his defensive schemes while Arians is lucky Dick is there to bail him out. This past game against the Cowboys proved once again that we struggle less on offense when our QB calls the plays than when our OC does. Not good. And no way to beat the Titans that way. We face them soon. Then again guaranteed in the Playoffs before we can even think about a ring.

Hopefully I'll be as wrong as I was in 2005.

-Steelers70

drucifer
12-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Our boys knocked out 4 in a row twice in 2005, and it goes without saying that that season ended rather well. Doesn't quite compare to the 14 in a row from 2004, but it's a start! Can they make it at least a 6-game streak this time? I'd like to think so! The Colts have rattled off 6 in a row starting with their win over NE, but I consider our loss to them a fluke.

RATBIRDS BEWARE!! GO STEELERS!!

:tt02::cope::tt02::cope:

------------------------------
EDIT:

I'm only talking about the regular season, I know the 2005 streak was longer than 4, just not all in the regular season.