PDA

View Full Version : RATBIRDS - You're Next!!! The hatred continues

SteelerNC
12-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Steelers go to Baltimore and clinch division next week against the jailbirds. :cope:

scott0326
12-07-2008, 09:58 PM
I hope Steelers kill them!:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-07-2008, 10:08 PM
The Steelers have lost five straight in Baltimore......But back in 2001 the Steelers clinched the AFC Central with a win in Baltimore......The Ravens were the defending Super Bowl champs and still had a shot at the Central but the Steelers won that game....Big play in that game was a 90 yard TD pass from Kordell to Superman Bobby Shaw......Woodson was also beat in the coverage.....I'll never forget that play......lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Let's quickly look at the last 6 weeks of the Ratbird schedule:

Raiders, Browns, Texans, Giants, Eagles, Bengals, Redskins. that is hardly a tough, or even mediocre schedule to have. The only legit team they played was the Giants. In fact since we beat them at Heinz the only legit teams they've played that have any type of offense or defense at all is the Giants, Colts, and Titans. The vast majority of teams they've played are just down right average at best. This team thinks they are a bunch of Gods right now and it's up to use to come in there and put them in their place.

steelmaniac
12-07-2008, 10:10 PM
i think it's the year for # 6 and i don't think the rat birds have a clue what's coming for them

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2008, 10:47 PM
The Redskins defense is playing solid, they only gave up 1 TD. The Ratbird offense doesn't scare anybody I don't care what they say. The offense fumbled and Reed returned one for a TD. Next week is going to be a wicked showdown and the last team standing with the most players left will win it.

Silverback
12-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Yeah the 'gadget plays' and such won't work against LeBeau and the d. I could see this being another defensive struggle, and am perfectly okay with that.

SteelCityMan786
12-07-2008, 11:20 PM
The Redskins defense is playing solid, they only gave up 1 TD. The Ratbird offense doesn't scare anybody I don't care what they say. The offense fumbled and Reed returned one for a TD. Next week is going to be a wicked showdown and the last team standing with the most players left will win it.

Pretty much like the game at Heinz Field.

Troyisabeast_43
12-07-2008, 11:29 PM

I agree the Ravens offense is completely horrific and cannot score points to save their lives. And as you said before TG they have not played anybody in this stretch as good as the Steelers. If Ben and this offense can put I would say 14-17 points on the board next week against this inept Ravens offense with the way the Steelers defense is playing it should be enough to get them the win.

kgreen
12-07-2008, 11:30 PM
I think the Ravens have gotten better since we faced them, but we are the better team. We just have not:
1. Not turn the ball over
2. Make a few big plays (on offense or defense )
3. Get to Joe Flacco
4. Run the ball and control the clock
If we do most of those things we should win. The Ravens don't really scare me.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Randle El just scored a TD to make it 17-10 Ravens....How fitting is it a former Steeler just got the Skins back in the game....lol Way to help your former team out......Come on Skins tie this game up and win the damn game.....

--- Added 12/7/2008 at 10:15 PM ---

Flacco just threw a TD pass to clinch the game....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Flacco is not looking sharp, this Raven offense doesn't scare anybody if you can stop the run. I can't wait for us to come to down and stick it to Gay Ray and his stupid ***, worthless, POS, rant and rave, dance like a ****in retard, purple shirt wearing teammates!

:bigfinger:

BlackGold4vr
12-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Ravens just took the air out of the ball by driving down and scoring a touchdown while consuming 8minutes off the clock.

Game over! :cursin:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Flacco is not looking sharp, this Raven offense doesn't scare anybody if you can stop the run. I can't wait for us to come to down and stick it to Gay Ray and his stupid ***, worthless, POS, rant and rave, dance like a ****in retard, purple shirt wearing teammates!

:bigfinger:

Our offense doesn't really scare anybody at this point either Top.....lol Final score of next weeks game could be 3-0.....lol

BlackGold4vr
12-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Our offense doesn't really scare anybody at this point either Top.....lol Final score of next weeks game could be 3-0.....lol

No ****! Our offense has a way of making even bad defenses look good. :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Ravens, I hate to say are playing Old School Stiller Football right now.....They run the ball with authority and play very good defense.....Their OL took over and dominated the game when the Skins made it a 1 TD game......Plus McClain is a poor mans version of Jerome Bettis......He is the perfect closer to seal a win for a team...Ok I should say poor mans version of Bettis when Jerome was in the twlight of his career....Jerome is in his prime was leaps and bounds better then Le'Ron McClain....I wouldn't mind McClain being a Steeler since he would compliment Moore/Parker very well and he would serve as our FB and we could ditch Davis....lol

Moondog
12-08-2008, 04:45 AM
The Steelers have lost five straight in Baltimore......But back in 2001 the Steelers clinched the AFC Central with a win in Baltimore......The Ravens were the defending Super Bowl champs and still had a shot at the Central but the Steelers won that game....Big play in that game was a 90 yard TD pass from Kordell to Superman Bobby Shaw......Woodson was also beat in the coverage.....I'll never forget that play......lol

I remember that game Black and Gold, lets hope the Steelers can do something similiar this upcoming weekend. The Ravens have had their way with the Steelers in Baltimore as of late. Pittsburgh has to bring it because the Ravens are pumped and they really believe that they are the shiznit, hopefully their arrogance blows up in their face. As some of you have mentioned, the Ravens have not really beat anybody and have lost when faced with real competition. For once I'd like to see the Steelers pounce on the Ravens early because I absolutely despise those bums, but the Steeler offense just makes me nervous. Come on offense, lets get it going right out of the gate!

Stairwayto7
12-08-2008, 06:43 AM
If our O-line can hold up, we will be fine.

If our O-line doesn`t hold up, then Ben needs to call his own plays, and not listen to arians, then we will be fine.

Captcoolhand
12-08-2008, 09:00 AM
:imho: This will not be a cake walk, no matter how you want to spread it...:nono:

Defence is going to play a big part in this game to determine if we are going to win or not.

And another thing they need to do.....Someone needs to put some type of electronic shocking device in Bens Jockstrap to shock the hell out of him everytime he decides that he don't want to get rid of the F*ck'n ball....:cursin: He pisses me off to no end when I see that he has all the time in the world to get that ball out of his hands and he doesn't.:evilshake:

How many sacks are we up to now, 4000! I hold Ben responsible for half of them.I understand that he wants to make a play but damn dude(like yesterday) Don't wait until you are down on 1 knee before you decide to throw the ball away.:2cents:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Im so excited for this game, bring on the ratbirds. It's going to be a slug fest for all the marbles. Defense will be key in this game and because of that the team with the fewest mistakes on offense is going to win. Also don't be surprised if the ST plays a HUGE part in this game.

vidaliasteelerfan
12-08-2008, 09:10 PM
The playoffs start this week!! As Phil Collins once said "I can feel coming in the air tonight!" Let's get the steeler Nation Rocking!!!! HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Steelers were never intimidated by the "Ravens". As far as i am concerned the Ravens modeled thier defense to be as close to our's as they could. But guess what? They are not quite there .Sunday at 4:15 we will see just that. Dallas was just a practice game.
Thier defense took out our hope for a big time running threat. I hope that Rashard is there on the sideline as a reminder to our defense , and perhaps why they are getting worked so hard. Ravens have got to pay for that!! Avenge , revenge ,mutilate. Go Steelers!!!!!!!!

Troyisabeast_43
12-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Im so excited for this game, bring on the ratbirds. It's going to be a slug fest for all the marbles. Defense will be key in this game and because of that the team with the fewest mistakes on offense is going to win. Also don't be surprised if the ST plays a HUGE part in this game.

I agree with you with the Special Teams making a big play in this game once again much like we have been saying the last few weeks about each of the last few weeks. Holmes did it in the Dallas game yesterday with the big punt return that changed the momentum after Dallas had just stopped the Steelers on the goaline, and the fumble recovery by the Steelers in the Pats game on the goaline when they were up 13-10 in the 3rd quarter which lead to the Steelers scoring and taking a 20-10 lead and totally controlling the rest of the game. This Special Teams unit for the Steelers this season has come up big in a lot of tight games especially on the road it seems like and in a game like this weekend where it will be a defensive struggle with both the Ravens and the Steelers a big special teams play could be the difference in who wins and who loses this game.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2008, 11:42 PM
The ratbirds will have Reed back there returning kicks and we'll have Holmes; 2 of the best in the business at returning kicks and making big plays. Our coverage units will be tested so we'll need Jeff Reed to boom his kicks as far as he can every time and for Berger to do as much directional kicking as he can to pin Reed into a corner so the pursuit can get there and shut him down. Our ST has come up big like we talked about and it's to have that weapon in our arsenal unlike last year when they were a complete train wreck.

DIESELMAN
12-09-2008, 12:50 AM
I have a feeling that next week is where our O starts coming alive and getting geared up for the playoffs. Steelers 31 Ratbirds 13

BlitzburghNation
12-09-2008, 01:08 AM
I have a feeling that next week is where our O starts coming alive and getting geared up for the playoffs. Steelers 31 Ratbirds 13

I sure hope your right deez,,,,,,,,:pray:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2008, 12:34 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08345/934033-66.stm

Wednesday, December 10, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Not once but twice yesterday coach Mike Tomlin referred to the division rivalry between the Steelers and Baltimore Ravens as one based on "mutual respect."
Where has he been the past dozen years?
Mutual hate would more aptly describe the annual two-game series between these franchises since the Ravens moved to Baltimore from Cleveland in 1996, a carryover from the old Browns-Steelers game. As Steelers receiver Hines Ward once said, "The coaches hate each other, the players hate each other."
Respect? Tell that to a wounded Joey Porter, who challenged Ray Lewis to step off the Ravens' team bus at Heinz Field after he felt the Baltimore linebacker, mocking his "boot," made fun of him being shot outside a Denver bar in 2003.
Respect? Ben Roethlisberger probably does not think that's what Bart Scott was paying him when the Ravens' linebacker slammed into him in 2006 then later described the hit thusly to Sports Illustrated: "I heard him make this 'ungh' sound, like air rushing out. I jumped up and did my bird dance, then looked back and saw Ben was still down, and I'm like, 'Yeah, I knocked him out of the game.' "
Nor could Ward feel much respect when Scott threatened to "kill" him after Ward had the audacity to block the linebacker last year.
"I threatened him," Scott said. "If I see him again, I'm going to threaten him again."
That's OK, because Ward has been threatened by the best of them, including former Steeler Rod Woodson when the receiver drew the safety's ire by -- what else? -- blocking him.
Respect? Tell that to Baltimore's Todd Heap when, as the obviously injured tight end limped to the line so his quarterback could spike the ball and kill the clock, he was knocked to the ground by Porter in 2004. Even Bill Cowher admonished Porter for that one.
Explain to Ward the respect that Terrell Suggs paid him when he said on a national radio show this year that he and some others on the Ravens' defense placed bounties on him and rookie Rashard Mendenhall. Said Suggs, "Hines Ward is definitely a dirty player, a cheap-shot artist."
Then tell Mendenhall about the respect Lewis had for him when, after he broke his shoulder with a clean hit in the third game this season, the Ravens' great linebacker exulted. Lewis later admitted that "I wasn't screaming, 'He's hurt,' I was screaming, 'He's done!' "
Ahh, if this series had no mutual respect, it would have nothing at all.
Here was how Tomlin described the rivalry yesterday:
"I know that this is a big-time football game for us. More than anything, it's because they play football the way we play football. It's a heated rivalry. I think it's born out of mutual respect, or at least I can say that it's born out of respect on our standpoint. We respect those guys.
"They're a physically tough, mentally tough football team. Those are things that we honor and desire to be and in order to do that, you've got to line up and play these guys and play that style of game. I'm sure it's going to be that style of game. I'd be shocked if it's not."
When the word "hostile" was mentioned about the environment the Steelers will face in Baltimore, Tomlin said, "A lot of colorful words could be used to describe it.
"I hope that the fans appreciate the level of mutual respect and I think that's what makes this such a heated rivalry more than anything else is the desire to play the brand of football that both teams do. It's great."
It's great and it's hate, and that's mutual.

If that article doesn't get you fired up to see the Steelers kick Bart Simpson, Gay Ray, and Terrell Sluggs *** nothing will!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2008, 10:35 AM
And how about this one...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08346/934410-66.stm?cmpid=HBEHTML

As for the Ravens, "They're all hated," Ward said. "Everybody in purple is hated.
"I'm pretty sure they're not inviting me, texting me to go out and eat with those guys. It's one of those games that [fans] want to enjoy, sit back and watch. As a player, I look forward to it."

DIESELMAN
12-11-2008, 11:32 AM
I can't wait to see Ward knock a Ratbirds dick in the dirt....again. You would think of all the punishment that Hines has dished out, players would learn to keep their head on a swivel. Whoever gets layed out, deserves it out of stupidity.

steel-tex
12-11-2008, 11:58 AM
we would have a better o if bruce would call in sick. we have watched all the games and have figured out what our strong points and weekness are. Why hasn't he??? just because a play should work on paper (like an o -line run block for a 4th and 1) doesn't mean our line can get it done !! **** - there are many other plays to call in that situation - but bruce calls the same ones over and over. he is unimaginative and very predictable - and the worst offensive coordinator i remember us havin. im all for the no huddle after we go 3 and out the first time. put the whole game in bens hands not just one or two sets of downs.

memphissteelergirl
12-11-2008, 01:17 PM
I can't wait to see Ward knock a Ratbirds dick in the dirt....again. You would think of all the punishment that Hines has dished out, players would learn to keep their head on a swivel. Whoever gets layed out, deserves it out of stupidity.

:plus1:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2008, 01:34 AM
You know Ward isn't afraid of Suggs, Scott, Gay Ray or anybody else on that team offense,defense, or ST. I'd love to see Hines lay a knock out blow on Ed Reed big time. What better place to do it than on their home turf.