PDA

View Full Version : what a game!!

steelmaniac
12-07-2008, 08:30 PM
sorry dallas fans but you just got served up with some just desert!!! Maybe when they stopped us on 4th and 1 on the 1 yard line they shouldn't have celebrated so fast.
what a game just when you were on the edge of your seat sweating townsend makes the play of the game !! man :cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

Stairwayto7
12-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Yeah! I`m actually emotionally spent! Tired, but loving it!

rocyaice
12-07-2008, 08:36 PM
The game should've been over with the 4th and 1 stop. The Cowboys got to predictable. Played too conservative. Should've kept going to our tight ends and backs since the Steelers linebackers couldn't stop them.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Yeah! I`m actually emotionally spent! Tired, but loving it!

I know right, this team just drains every bit of emotions out of you. I know I sleep well after we play because Im just dog tired. LOL

scott0326
12-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Great game, I'm glad the Steelers won, THANK YOU DEFENSE!

jpele
12-07-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm hoarse and have a headache.Thankfully my TV's in one piece.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-07-2008, 11:43 PM
The last 6 minutes was very good....Up until that it was brutal to watch our team on offense but beautiful to watch on defense......I think Choice did step out of bounds on his 50 yard reception.....Anybody have a video of that play to check.......I was to pissed to notice but my brother was screaming at the top of his lungs that he stepped out.....

newsteelersfan
12-08-2008, 12:10 AM
What a game it was. 10 takeaways in the last two games. This defense just overwhelms opponents.

steellady
12-08-2008, 01:55 AM
After the fourth and one failure I screamed my head off at the t.v. I was so mad. Then after the interception I was yelling happily this time. :tt02:

HUNT4SEVEN
12-08-2008, 02:05 AM
Yea where's that Reg guy who was posting all that B.S this past week? hey it sucks to be u Reg:rofl:

Moondog
12-08-2008, 02:10 AM
My brother and I were there and I'll tell you guys something.....that last five minutes and change of that game were absolutely amazing and I think everyone in that stadium was on their feet. High fives and complete chaos broke out when Deshea dialed up that pick six. Seventeen points in the fourth quarter, what a game to be at! Championship level teams find a way to win even when they are not playing at their best and that is exactly what the Steelers did against Dallas.

LarryNJ
12-08-2008, 07:06 AM
The game should've been over with the 4th and 1 stop. The Cowboys got to predictable. Played too conservative. Should've kept going to our tight ends and backs since the Steelers linebackers couldn't stop them.

Oh please dude, on the int for a TD Romo was going to the TE. They only had 200 yards passing all day.

Prosdo
12-08-2008, 11:22 AM
I spent the game with some friends at my parents' bar. All of us Steeler fans and our one lone Dallas Cowboy fan friend. Whew when Shay shay picked that ball off man was he pissed lol.

Dean Denton
12-08-2008, 11:37 AM
I felt the same way as I did during that Ravens game on Monday night. I wanted to puke right up until the end. This team is going to age me by four or five years before the end of the season. My 13 year old daughter final showed some excitement during this game. She said it was the best game she has ever seen. Now keep in mind she has only watched 13 games, but she really liked this one.

memphissteelergirl
12-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Yeah...it was an awesome win, especially against the Cryboys. Did y'all see Me-O bitching at the end yesterday? Priceless! :lol: He wasn't crying "that's my quarterback" then! :greengrin:

But you would think judging from a lot of comments on some MB's I've been going too this morning we got blown off the field yesterday. Geez....did I miss something? We DID win, did we not??? Yeah the offense looked pitiful...Ben continues to hold the ball too long...the running game is stagnant...too many dropped balls...yada...yada...yada. :blah:
But when it's all said and done, when a play had to be made, they made it. I agree the playcalling was suspect as it has been all season, but come on! We won....try to be happy about it.

Once again, our D kept us in it long enough for the Offense to get it's shiat together. Deshea, I LOVE YOU, MAN!! I am gonna savor this one for the next couple of days...then I'm going to worry about the Ratbirds, who, I hate to admit, looked good against Washington last night.

Great win! Now let's take care of the Rats and wrap up the division!

:steelflash:

steelerschick1220
12-08-2008, 12:33 PM
It was a great game. I was so mad at our offense for the better part of this game and then they turned it around and got a win. When we got stopped on 4th and 1, I thought our goose was cooked. It was one of the best games I have ever watched and I am going to enjoy wearing my new jersey to work today!!!!!!! I screamed when Deshea made that pick. My dog thought I had lost my marbles.

NCSteeler
12-08-2008, 01:45 PM
My brother and I were there and I'll tell you guys something.....that last five minutes and change of that game were absolutely amazing and I think everyone in that stadium was on their feet. High fives and complete chaos broke out when Deshea dialed up that pick six. Seventeen points in the fourth quarter, what a game to be at! Championship level teams find a way to win even when they are not playing at their best and that is exactly what the Steelers did against Dallas.
I was there too. And you are right the emotion in that stadium was amazing. It seemed too cold for everyone to get into it early and then the 4th and 1 stop and people started leaving and then bam the best minutes of the day. When the DB twisted Nates knee I thought there were a few Cowboy fans that might get hurt. There were allot of Cowboy fans in the upper endzone where I was and several drunks were giving them big time shiat over the dirty tackle.

NCSteeler
12-08-2008, 02:14 PM
For starters I have a new found respect for those players that get it done in that weather. Cold doesn't even begin to describe what it was like out there, now take away my coat hand warmers gloves and no way am I throwing , catching or doing anything else with a football.

I had upper level EZ seats which is a first for me. I think I might actually like that view better. You get a lot better feel for formations and what is going on .

1. Our Oline is pass blocking better and run blocking worse. Willie couldn't get a block all day. MeMo does a real good job of turning his hips and sliding through very tight holes to get going. Seems to me Willie used to do that well too, but now it looks like he hits the holes straight on and gets no where, maybe the knee is not 100% yet??

2. It's obvious we were going to challenge Choice to beat us, there were some holes in the middle of the line at times that I could have drove my car thru. I say it's a damn fine strategy to put it on the rookie knowing when they do run your LBers are the best in football.. It worked out.

3. I think Romo is so good about stepping forward in the pocket that they did not have woodley and Harrison rushing as deep as usual, a few less sacks but also on obvious passing downs there was no room for romo to step up, ala the Kirschke sack.Big Snack did not look like his usual self or he could have a had a sack too.

Alright now the Offense, I know so many people get on Ben about holding the ball too long. The man wants to make a play and after watching that game, I can tell you this unless the play breaks down, our WRs don't scare anyone. They were not beating coverage all day. I swear on all the deep plays Henry was there before the WR every time. Now this is where I blame the Coord. If your Wr is getting beat deep and the guy has a step on him every play, what do most teams in the NFL do to counter that now........break it off do a come back route. I'm not sure this is even in our playbook.

Early on the DBs were running better routes that Holmes, they had the inside on him on slants a step on him in deep patterns and he looked like the one covering them.

It really look like Dallas had our O figured out all day, knew what was coming. I have not been a get rid of Arians guy, have even defended him a time or two, but I am pretty much done with him. This offense has gone from dominate and wild to wildly predictable and just plain bad.

I'm sure I missed something, but all in all it was a great game to attend. The atmosphere was slow early because of the cold and lack of scoring, but it was wild at the end. I must really know how to pick em 2 out fo three games totally crazy. last year was at the Browns game, to wild, this year the wife wanted to go and picked the warm Texans game, nice party time win, btu nto overly exciting. And then the dallas game absofreakinglutly amazing.

Our D might take us the whole way , but the O is going to have to do a little more If we are to win the big one.

LatrobePA
12-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Our D might take us the whole way , but the O is going to have to do a little more If we are to win the big one.

Nicely said!