PDA

View Full Version : Tomlins Emotions!

Stairwayto7
12-07-2008, 08:16 PM
You have to love the way Tomlin gets into the game! I`m really starting to like this guy! On the other side of the field, Phillips is just so not there, like romeo crennel. Give me a coach with the FIRE of a Cowher, like Tomlin. He makes guys want to play for him. He is a players coach! Props to Tomlin, especially for the chest but with Ben!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2008, 08:18 PM
I'd rather than Lebeau for the defenders wanting to play well for him. That defense just rallies around each other and Lebeau knows just what to do when the chips are down. Tomlin is coming along and he's learning, he allowed some bone head play calls today by Arians but in the end they did get the win.

Stairwayto7
12-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Did you notice Tomlin saying something to Townsend before that int. I`m wondering if he said "Get me the football back" And Townsend did much more than that!

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
12-07-2008, 08:22 PM
I love Tomlin with this team...he's definately a player's coach and get his troops rallied every game. He needs to cut ties with Jackass Arians and find a decent Coordinator this off-season..hell i'd take one right now late in the season.Or better yet just let Ben run the offense from here on out and address the problem later.Either way Bruce step into my office...your F'kin Fired!!!!

kgreen
12-07-2008, 08:24 PM
You have to love the way Tomlin gets into the game! I`m really starting to like this guy! On the other side of the field, Phillips is just so not there, like romeo crennel. Give me a coach with the FIRE of a Cowher, like Tomlin. He makes guys want to play for him. He is a players coach! Props to Tomlin, especially for the chest but with Ben!

Yeah Tomlin is awesome! I think he's got a different fire than Cowher, but it works! Cowher was more old school with his fire. I mean you did something wrong under Cowher and he got in your face with the chin and the spit and everything. Under Tomlin, he just pulls you aside, let's you know what you're doing wrong and corrects you. I mean the guy is 20-10 in two years so he's doing a good job. The players all respond to him and like you said want to play for him. So in that sense, he is very much like Cowher. He gets fired up about the game and man is he learning on the fly!

Stairwayto7
12-07-2008, 08:31 PM
I love Tomlin with this team...he's definately a player's coach and get his troops rallied every game. He needs to cut ties with Jackass Arians and find a decent Coordinator this off-season..hell i'd take one right now late in the season.Or better yet just let Ben run the offense from here on out and address the problem later.Either way Bruce step into my office...your F'kin Fired!!!!

Amen Brother! Amen!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2008, 08:32 PM
I don't doubt his motivational tactics have won over this team. He's quiet enough to get his point across but he's always emotional enough to let his team know that he's proud of them. I credit him all the world for that.

Whatever you want to call it this team sticks together big time and doesn't ever give up. That's the sign of a quality team that knows no matter how bad the situation looks they will play their hearts out right to the final whistle. Tomlin has one helluva group at his fingertips, the sky is the limit and they showed it today in a tough, tough win.

newsteelersfan
12-08-2008, 12:14 AM
I love how Tomlin pumped his fist after that game winning INT. You can tell he's a very passionate man.

Koopa
12-08-2008, 12:18 AM
i compare tomlin to obama, can inspire you with words, but doesn't bring **** to the table............ yeah we have a nice record, but that fact that willie is still the starting running back just shows he can't coach for ****, that's why drafting mendenhall was a waste, even if he didn't get hurt, tomlin doesn't know how to split the load, moore should be starting and getting every carry cause willie is a bum............ and not firing arians after last year just shows how **** of a coach he is............. but we beat the cowboys so i can go to school happy and laugh at all the cowboy fans

HUNT4SEVEN
12-08-2008, 02:00 AM
Tomlin is coming into his own as a Coach, but he does need to get rid of Arians:cursin:that guy sucks bad:rant2:

BRICKTOWN BEAST
12-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Whoever saw the game on FOX whenwe scored making it 12-13 with an extra point still to go the camera shot up to the box with Dan Rooney saying "Go for 2". How awesome was that!

JensK
12-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Even though i love the attitude i would have HATED if we went for two. With our success rate at the goalline this year i think it would have turned out as a complete disaster :P

BRICKTOWN BEAST
12-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Yeah hahha Rooney was probally making a joke

Dean Denton
12-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Its a good thing MR. Rooney dowsn't have phone down on the field like Al Davis....lol

steelerschick1220
12-08-2008, 12:43 PM
I think that Tonlin is a great coach. I have really come to like the guy. I loved the chest but with Ben!!!!!!!! I think Tomlin still has learning and growing to do, but it is only his second year. I think he is going to be a great head coach in this league and for the Steelers.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2008, 01:09 PM
going for it on 4th down when we were down 13-3 near the beginning of the 4th quarter was bad enough. going for 2 would have been a disaster..lol

steel-tex
12-08-2008, 02:31 PM
BIG 10-4 ON THE COWBUM BEATIN !!!! I SENT 8-9 COWBUM FANS PACKIN FROM MY SHACK SUNDAY AFTERNOON - HEADS DOWN ALL CRYIN AND STUFF !!! LOVE IT !!!! JUST HAPPY WE WON - I HOLD MY HEAD UP HIGH !!! DAM THIS GAME GOT ME MORE FIRED UP THAN ANY THIS SEASON GO STEELERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dean Denton
12-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I think Tomlin shows good spirit. Last year he showed nothing at all, and I was not use to that as a Steeler fan. He looked lost, and confused. This year is a differnet guy all together. Two years in a row we had no emotion on the side line and it hurt. Cowher his last year never yeld one time. Never spit, or even got excited. So to see Tomlin getting into the game and his players is exciting. Now I know we are winning but I have feeling if we were losing he would be getting just as fired up. He excepted the bad call he made on the 4th and goal and moved on with faith, and it showed. The players responded to it, and overcame it. I like that.