PDA

View Full Version : I'm Sick Of Our O-Line

BRICKTOWN BEAST
12-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Ok we have Ben Roethlisberger Ward, Holmes, and Washington, Heath Miller and Willie Parker and Mewelde Moore. why does our offesnsive suck?

1. Our O-line is terrible letting up 5 sacks and can do **** on the ground getting stopped constantly on 4th down like what 10 times??? c'mon we really need to draft some O-Line cause thats really the only postion we truely need

2. Bruce Arians SUCKS

ejsteeler
12-07-2008, 07:48 PM
1. Yes

2. Yes

.....what else is there.....:dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2008, 08:01 PM
The OL has played well the last month, you have just credit the Cowboys defense on this one as much as you want to cast blame on the Steelers offensive line. Dallas came in with a chip on their shoulder and they played well enough to win. They kept us from executing our offense and shut down our running game. Hats off to them for playing a good game.

As far as Arians goes, yes he is bad, terrible, and any other expletive you care to toss about. Predictability on offense all over the field is going to be this teams downfall if they don't do something about it. You can't expect your D and ST to win every game for you.

rocyaice
12-07-2008, 08:02 PM
It was a good game by the Steelers. Cowboys get pressure on everyone.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
12-07-2008, 08:06 PM
I should have knocked on wood...i was givin the O-Line some props at half-time for not letting any sacks...guess they were saving them all for the second half.They waited waaaayyy to long to go no huddle once again.Shame to waste this sick *** Defense this year with that offense...i'm hoping for the big turn around...but don't know if it will come this season. Either way 10-3 is awesome,however there getting it done.:cope:

Ambridge
12-07-2008, 08:15 PM
I should have knocked on wood...i was givin the O-Line some props at half-time for not letting any sacks...guess they were saving them all for the second half.They waited waaaayyy to long to go no huddle once again.Shame to waste this sick *** Defense this year with that offense...i'm hoping for the big turn around...but don't know if it will come this season. Either way 10-3 is awesome,however there getting it done.:cope:

My feelings exactly!!
If the Steelers had just a little more offensive power up front to go along with the great defense this could be a very scary team.

It would be a shame to see this defense go to waist for the sake of this lame offense.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Dallas made the adjustments at halftime that we didn't make, they started bringing the heat and we couldn't overcome. Moore was ok in blitz pickup but man the pressure up the middle was just insane today.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
12-07-2008, 09:11 PM
See I'm just scared when we get to the playoffs that we can't run the ball or stop the blitz which is ironic because thats what we do to other teams. it's like we get a taste of our own medicine and quite frankly I DON'T LIKE IT!

champnation
12-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Our O-line isn't that great but Ben doesn't help them out in a lot of the situations as well. I can't count how many times he stands right outside of the pocket and then steps into the defenders. So yeah I am not saying the line isn't at fault some but some of the blame has to go on Ben for thinking he can break some tackles that he doesn't end up breaking.

kgreen
12-07-2008, 10:26 PM
3. Ben Roethlisberger looks scared.

jpele
12-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Our O'line actually played good today, Dallas made half time adjustments and Arians sat on his hands. I'm a Willie Parker fan but I don't want to see him on the field again until he's healthy he does nothing but hold the offense back.

As far as Arians goes, we're 10-3 get used to to his awful play calling.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Our O'line actually played good today, Dallas made half time adjustments and Arians sat on his hands. I'm a Willie Parker fan but I don't want to see him on the field again until he's healthy he does nothing but hold the offense back.

As far as Arians goes, we're 10-3 get used to to his awful play calling.

Yea Parker was terrible today but I do credit the Cowboys defense for that....Those guys played a very good game today....But I was hoping after last week that Willie would build on his success....You're right I don't think he is 100 percent at all....Only problem there is only one proven RB left on the roster and that is Moore...I like Gary Russell to and he did convert that one 3rd and short play but him getting stuff at the goal line wasn't impressive at all....That whole series wasn't impressive by the Steelers offense....Moore should be the starter no doubt at this point....I also don't understand why he had so few carries today.....

jpele
12-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Yea Parker was terrible today but I do credit the Cowboys defense for that....

I take nothing away from the Cowboys, they came to play today. Everybody and their mother knew what was coming on the play Russell got stuffed. What angers me is the wont feed the ball to Russell during the game,only short yardage and goal line plays.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-07-2008, 11:08 PM
I take nothing away from the Cowboys, they came to play today. Everybody and their mother knew what was coming on the play Russell got stuffed. What angers me is the wont feed the ball to Russell during the game,only short yardage and goal line plays.

Well sometimes a RB has to get the job done when the defense knows a run is coming...I agree the Steelers offense was just terrible that whole series of plays and there was some questioning play calling.....But Russell has to shine on his few chances then the coaches might try him on first and second down....That is all I'm saying...Its on Russell to.....

DanRooney
12-08-2008, 03:54 AM
Ok we have Ben Roethlisberger Ward, Holmes, and Washington, Heath Miller and Willie Parker and Mewelde Moore. why does our offesnsive suck?

1. Our O-line is terrible letting up 5 sacks and can do shiat on the ground getting stopped constantly on 4th down like what 10 times??? c'mon we really need to draft some O-Line cause thats really the only postion we truely need

2. Bruce Arians SUCKS

Personally I'm sick of our offense all together. One of the worst I've seen in a while.

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Thought we were all through with the o-line thrashings.They may not be stellar ,but you have to play to what strengths they do have. I blame the choice of play calling more than the o-line play. You know there is an all out blitz coming,and yet there was no play called to combat it. That my friends is stupid ,and the blame must be placed where it belongs ,and that is not the o-lines blame. You want to blame someone ,you have to look over on the sideline ,you can find somebody over there to take your thrashing out on!!!!!!!!!What a joke!!!!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Plain and simple that we just didn't make the adjustments in protection when Dallas made changes to their pass rush at halftime. Parker wasn't picking up the blitz, Moore was ok at it, and Russel when he was in there needs to work on his pass protection.

Blame the play calling too for not rolling Ben out more to give him more time or running more no huddle. All Im saying is there's more ways to beat a good pass rush than just protection. You scheme to your strengths to beat the rush; no huddle, roll outs, draws, screens, etc. We haven't done any of that all year long.

Dean Denton
12-08-2008, 01:38 PM
I know we are winning games but it has nothing to do with our OL. They suck and are in the bottom five in the league. If we didn't have the #1 Def we would be lucky to be 6-7 right now. Sure Ben holds the ball too long sometimes, but 9 out of 10 times he gets sacked because we suck up front. We cant run the ball either, and that has nothing to do with Ben holding the ball to long. this unit blows, and if we win the SB with these guys, then I will be the first to serve myself a big slice of CROW....

memphissteelergirl
12-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Statistically, the O-line is pitiful...there's no disputing that. That said, the past couple of games have been...well, not completely awful, anyway. I do credit Dallas' D...they were pretty quick off the blocks.

I am however quite worried that they are gonna get b*tch-slapped by Baltimore. :evilshake:

steel-tex
12-08-2008, 02:20 PM
THEY CALL ME BRUCE SUCKS!!!! NOT A DAM THING GOOD EVER CAME OUT OF CLEVELAND - NOT THAT I REMEMBER. YOUR COACHES HAVE TO PUT U IN A POSITION TO SUCCEED - YEA OUR O-LINE IS THE WEAK LINK BUT ARIANS NEEDS TO HELP BEN OUT AND CALL SOME DIFFERENT PLAYS. YOU CAN'T RUN EVERYTIME YOUR SUPPOSED TO RUN - MIX IT THE HELL UP!!!! BRUCE HAS NO IMAGINATION !!! WE CANT SCORE FROM INSIDE THE 5 - SAME 4 PLAYS EVERTIME - RUN STRAIT AHEAD - ON THE ONE PASS YESTERDAY BEN SHOULD HAVE ROLLED OUT TO THAT SIDE IT NEVER HAD A CHANCE.

K Train
12-08-2008, 02:27 PM
they played against a really good defense, sometimes you just gotta rely on a defense to win the game and we did...there really isnt much to complain about for this game, a good defense had our number in a frigid, windy game....defenses are supposed to control those kind of game and ours stepped up big time and the offense played well when they had to make something happen late in the game