PDA

View Full Version : Give me your HONEST thoughts about the game today!

LatrobePA
12-07-2008, 11:00 AM
I know what we all WANT to happen. But do you all see it playing out that way?

What worries me is: single coverage, last week the pats could of burnt us a few times but the passes were dropped! Romo is a much better QB than Cassel.

Was last weeks o-line a turning point? Can we give Ben time to drop back and make passes?

Can we keep from getting into 3rd and longs that invite an all out blitz??

Alot of questions I hope they are answered today the way I hope!!

GO STEELERS!!!!:tt02:

scott0326
12-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Hopefully the coverage is better today with McFadden set to return, with no Barber hopefully Steelers can stop the pass and take this one easy!

steelerfan11
12-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Their passing game does scare me a little. The thing that I think will help the Steelers win is that it is really cold this morning (19 degrees in Beaver Falls - feels like 5). Plus there is a 70% chance of snow today. We all know the Cowboys can't/shouldn't be able to run on the Steelers D. So that only leaves the pass. I think it will be hard to catch the ball.

Game time in Pittsburgh is about 22 degrees (feels like 8), with winds 17mph. according to the weather channel.

So we need to score TDs and not rely on FGs!!

LarryNJ
12-07-2008, 11:34 AM
The Dallas offense isn't going to win the game. Our defense is too good to let that happen. Even though they have a great O line & recievers I think we'll be fine. If we don't win the game it will come down to one thing, our O line. They have been getting better each week lets hope they can keep moving in that direction.

JensK
12-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Hopefully the coverage is better today with McFadden set to return, with no Barber hopefully Steelers can stop the pass and take this one easy!

I think Gay will start today...

Steel Trap86
12-07-2008, 11:47 AM
haha who's ready to bust some ***??!!! How many sacks today? 5.,..6? This game will be won by a Lights out performance by the defense again. We all know our offense is not very explosive at all and there's.....well there's IS, but not in Pittsburgh. I think we need to run the ball, keep away from 3rd and long and rush Romo all day, make him uncomfortable and scared of getting hit just like the Patriots last week (so scared they didnt even wanna CATCH the ball) :lol:

GO STEELERS :cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Well since Marion Barber is out already and DeMarcus Ware has been down graded from questionable to doubtful then I really like our chances even more......I thought the Steelers would beat these *** clowns anyway with these two and now with Barber and Ware both out then I think the Steelers will win in a blow out but that is why they play the games.....I think the elements will play a factor to especially with Romo and his pinkie....I expect some sack fumbles today.....

BlackGold4vr
12-07-2008, 12:17 PM
With a 20 mph wind blowing in off the rivers and a 6 degree windchill factor, its going to hurt when you get tackled.

No Ware + No Barber = Steeler Dominance

Its going to be a long day for Tony Romo!

:cowboyssuck:

Zachintosh66
12-07-2008, 12:35 PM
if we can get to Romo the HOMO, its over

oh yeah, minus Ben mistakes tho

yinzer
12-07-2008, 12:39 PM
control clock
run the ball
kill romo

STEEL BULLY
12-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Steeler fans what's up!!!!!!! Been waiting for this game all year. I wish barber was playing so the victory would be that much sweeter. Romo will be on his back all day. It should be a great game.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Stay out of 3rd and long

Don't turn the ball over

Score TD's in the red zone

Pressure Romo

We do all those things and we SHOULD win this game. Dallas gets no sympathy from us on the injury front; we've had more than our share all year. Regardless of who is or isn't playing we need to take this game and keep our streak going to stay 1 ahead of the Ratbirds. This is our time and this is the next opponent that needs to get beaten down at Heinz today.

DBR96A
12-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Ben Roethlisberger has played better in the last three weeks, but he best not **** up today. If he doesn't **** up, then I like our chances, especially if neither Marion Barber nor DeMarcus Ware play.

snowman79
12-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Defense : We shut down their aerial attack over the middle, pressure their QB with Harrison & Woodley, let them try and run the ball at us and we shut the door !!

Offense : Big Ben needs to find Ward early in the game so that they then need to be aware of him all day. Use the TE as dump offs so that their defense needs to play up.
By the time the 4th quarter arrives run the ball up the gut !!

Steelers by 10 points.

Oh and by the way hit T.O. so f*ckin hard he dont ever want to come back to Heinz Field

BELIEVE PEOPLE WE ARE THE STEELERS !!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!