PDA

View Full Version : Barber is OUT for Sunday!

LatrobePA
12-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Just saw it on the NFL N....

STEEL BULLY
12-06-2008, 05:57 PM
:cope:I looked forward to seeing the Steeler D beating him up for three hours.

Stairwayto7
12-06-2008, 05:58 PM
That sucks

Black@Gold Forever32
12-06-2008, 06:01 PM
The Steelers would have beaten the **** out of the Cowgirls with Barber anyway....Now the game really will be a blow out in the Steelers favor....I liked Tashard Choice coming out of college and he did an ok job on Thanksgiving....But he is no match for the Steelers defense......

Captcoolhand
12-06-2008, 06:05 PM
He could have played He just didn't want an *** whoop'n.....

BlitzburghNation
12-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Heard this on sirius and didn't want this to happen,,,,,,,Now if we win,we'll here excuses from cowgirl fans :rant2:
Must be something in the water in Tex-:moon: all these pinky's knocking cow-gals out of games :haha:
1st pinky finger,,,now pinky toe,,,,,guess someone will get hit by a pink cadillac :thinking:

JensK
12-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Meh.. It dosnt matter. He wouldnt have been able to run against us anyways, but it does set the scene for Harrison and Woodley

LarryNJ
12-06-2008, 06:31 PM
. It dosnt matter. He wouldnt have been able to run against us anyways,

You're right, not only that Phillips dad never could kick the door in and neither will he!

LatrobePA
12-06-2008, 06:45 PM
IMO this is more than ever a MUST WIN for us now. It's our chance to smash the **** out of the cowboys....Lets hope we don't over look their run game...

yinzer
12-06-2008, 10:40 PM
IMO this is more than ever a MUST WIN for us now. It's our chance to smash the shiat out of the cowboys....Lets hope we don't over look their run game...

yep.
Men of Still 35
Cowpukes 0

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Choice is going to have a tough time in blitz pickup with Wood and Harrison; he's got to carry the load now in the running game and worry about the blocking too. He's no slouch though so the Steelers still need to be aware of what he's doing and make sure they don't allow him to get going.

I look for the Cowboys to really try and spread out our defense more so now then if Barber would have been in there. They've got 4 solid weapons in the passing game; we've got to make them work for every yard they get and hit the ball carrier every time they catch it.

BlackGold4vr
12-06-2008, 11:13 PM
As stated in another post, not only is he their best running threat but he is also their best blocking back. Tashard Choice is going to have his work cut out for him. This is a huge plus for us. I still think that this game will be a blowout in our favor. Cold, snowy, a crappy field and their mudder is out - too bad for them! Barber didn't even make the trip.

I think we will control the line of scrimmage, the clock, and ultimately the game. Remember, that every win from here on out amps up the pressure on the Ratbirds. They need to win one more game than us to tie us. So if we go 3-1 in the last four, they would need to go 4-0. Wins in the next two weeks and it won't matter what they do. :yesnod:

:towelwave:

:steelerschick:

rocyaice
12-06-2008, 11:44 PM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/47/470890.jpg

Get familiar with the People's Choice. I think he's going to be a solid back in this league. Its asking a bit much for him to be a Pro Bowler tommorow but let's just say if he has a big game it wouldn't shock me. As far as running goes with our offensive linemen I have no doubt in him picking up some solid runs for us. Problem is going to be him picking up the blitz. That's the reason why he hasnt seen much action this season because he was having problems with picking up the blitz. Which any rookie will. I don't think it's Choice its just like any rookie he has problems with the blitz in the NFL.

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-07-2008, 01:18 AM
Long as we don't get surprised we will be fine. I would rather this game go to the field,with all our players on the field. We have dealt with injuries just as much as the next team , and have never used it as an excuse. As coach "Mike" would say..........the next guy must step in ,and maintain the high level of expectations that we have on this team. That is what we expect of him. That would be his job. If he is not capable ,then he will no longer be here. If he can not help us win games, then why do we have him around? Steelers can take the lead in this whole damn thing. Crush Dallas , whup up on baltimore ,and defeat the Titans !!!!! Let the Clowns win one! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2008, 01:52 AM
In the past Steeler defenses have sometimes had an issue with letting virtual unknowns have big games but this year this D is just so solid in every phase that there isn't a RB in the league that I would start on my FF team if they were going against the Steelers. He may get a few runs in early on while Lebeau and company feel out the Cowboys on offense and what they're trying to do but as the game where's on they'll get tighter and tighter and he'll have nowhere to go.

There is no guarantee of anything in this league and anything can happen on any Sunday but against Mr. Choice, I like our chances.

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-07-2008, 01:55 AM
Probably means Jessica is gonna have to massage Homo after the game. Lucky for him our defense will be probably keying on him now. Lucky bastard!!!!!:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2008, 02:18 AM
they're game plan is going to be interesting without having Barber in there; they're going to have to run atleast alittle bit or atleast try to. they'll pass a lot more like we talked about already but if we just play our game and do what we've been doing all year long with our 11 guys on defense then it should be a solid outing. Make no mistake, this Dallas team can score a lot of points so it's up to not only the pass rush to make plays but our secondary is going to have their hands full with 4 solid targets. Not having to worry about a hard runner like Barber though is a plus in terms of what we have to defense against.

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-07-2008, 02:34 AM
I can feel ya there "Top" , but if we can control this game running wise,Ole Tony Homo will be enjoying his massages the next day. He would have to be an exceptional man to get that ball off without a running game. We must shut down that run game. Once we are able to do that ,if we can , Romo is Cassel, i mean putty in our defenses hands. Trust me on that.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2008, 02:38 AM
I would imagine they're going to do a lot of rollouts and things to help avoid the pressure he's going to face. that though is a two edged sword because it essentially cuts your options in the passing game in half because you're mostly limited to half the field when you roll out. If we can keep him boxed in we'll be in good shape or if we flush him out of the pocket our team speed on defense is superb and getting to the corners.

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-07-2008, 02:45 AM
Barring any stupid penalties, Romo will be getting his massage from Jessica. I kind of wish i was him in a certain way !!!!!!!!

BlitzburghNation
12-07-2008, 02:45 AM
Harrison & Woodley are gonna welcome that rookie to the N.F.L. with open arms :haha:

Homo might get his other pinky broke :lol: Pain is coming and the cowgirls know it,,,,,, Just wonder what the old timers are saying about these players not playing with these injuries :thinking:
I know i heard Jim Brown comment on sirius the other day & i was :haha: my :moon: off !

DIESELMAN
12-07-2008, 02:47 AM
Our D needs to dictate everything in this game. The Cowboys won't have a run game at all, they might try and run a few plays but they should already know before they hit the field that trying would be a waste of time. I see the Cowboys passing quite a bit in this game.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2008, 02:51 AM
Choice isn't a power runner, he's more of a speed/cut back type of back and that's not the best style to try and use at Heinz any time of the year but especially in December with the bad weather and poor field conditions. On a field like ours (regardless if they just went and resodded it or not) you only get 1 move and then you have to hit the hole and run. If you dance around or try and make a bunch of moves all you're going to do is end up on your butt.

yinzer
12-07-2008, 09:18 AM
the girls won't be running on us. hit witten one solid time and he gets alligator arms for the rest of the game. terrell owens will throw a hissy fit on the sidelines because the weather is bad and he's not getting the ball. homo's 9 other fingers will be broken from the onslaught of harrison and woodley. by the way, this is the game when troy gets his 7th pick.

Men of Still 35
Girls 0

rocyaice
12-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Choice isn't a power runner, he's more of a speed/cut back type of back and that's not the best style to try and use at Heinz any time of the year but especially in December with the bad weather and poor field conditions. On a field like ours (regardless if they just went and resodded it or not) you only get 1 move and then you have to hit the hole and run. If you dance around or try and make a bunch of moves all you're going to do is end up on your butt.

I never saw Choice play in college but from everything i've heard and seen he's a power runner like Barber he's just faster than Barber and doesn't run as hard. I wondered why we drafted Choice after Felix Jones but it was because they're two different backs. I'm rooting for Choice this game. He's pissed he fell so low in the draft. Good luck ot the rookie. I feel for him lol.