PDA

View Full Version : History on Steelers side going into Atlanta

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 01:52 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06295/732008-66.stm

Sunday, October 22, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers play today in Atlanta or, as it should be known to them, their land of milk and honey. They have played the Falcons 13 times and lost to them once, way back in 1970 when Terry Bradshaw was a rookie.

Over the ensuing years, the teams have played 10 times, and the Falcons have managed a tie to go with nine losses.

Only two NFL teams have gone longer without a victory against an opponent: the St. Louis/Arizona Cardinals have not beaten the Denver Broncos, and the New York Jetshave not beaten the Philadelphia Eagles.

Their dominance over Atlanta is one thing, but the Steelers are on a pretty good run against the entire National Football Conference. They have won nine games in a row against NFC teams, including their Super Bowl victory against Seattle.

Let's hope we can continue this historical trend and get back to .500 this weekend ! :tt02:

SteelersWoman
10-22-2006, 03:00 AM
If our guys play even CLOSE to the way they played against the Chiefs, we should have this one in the bag.
I'm startin to get excited--it's less than 12 hours away! :banana:

Captcoolhand
10-22-2006, 08:39 AM
I remember that game when we tied That's the only tie on Cowhers' record:2cents:

House of Steel
10-22-2006, 09:49 AM
Hey Capt, did you remember AJ COLBY on FOX 8 at the time, the stupid *** cut into the game with a severe weather alert? Plaxico was going for the catch and they cut right into it. I WAS SO PISSED AT FOX 8, I got on the phone and cussed them out. I remember how warm it was that day, it was in the mid 70s, Indian Summer, and my wife and I's First Anniversary too. I will never forget that game ever. That went down as the dumbest cutin in Cleveland Television History, AJ COLBY got fired the next day for it too.

AZ_Steeler
10-22-2006, 03:10 PM
So far it's looking good to today so hopefully the Steelers success will continue this weekedn against ATL :tt02:

House of Steel
10-22-2006, 05:54 PM
**** HISTORY!!! WE GOT SCREWED!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 09:27 PM
**** HISTORY!!! WE GOT SCREWED!!!

:iagree: except we screwed ourselves. :banging: :banging: :banging:

House of Steel
10-22-2006, 09:30 PM
There is going to be some fine leveled on them Falcons responsibile for knocking Ben out with that helmet to helmet hit.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2006, 09:37 PM
There is going to be some fine leveled on them Falcons responsibile for knocking Ben out with that helmet to helmet hit.

No kidding I still can't believe there was no flag. That was helmet to helmet. I know Batch came in and played great. But the Steelers are a completely different team when Big Ben is under center and playing well. Ben makes this team go and if he would have finished. I'm sure the Steelers would have won today.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 09:56 PM
Ben was on fire, he carried a perfect 158.3 passer rating today the entire game up until he got knocked out.

House of Steel
10-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Are we cursed this season or something? I think Ben got a bigger storm cloud hanging over his head than he thinks. Everything is going wrong this season and it just doesn't make no sense. It is very confusing why this is all happening.

BBG7
10-23-2006, 12:20 AM
Are we cursed this season or something? I think Ben got a bigger storm cloud hanging over his head than he thinks. Everything is going wrong this season and it just doesn't make no sense. It is very confusing why this is all happening.

I know...this has just been a strange year.