PDA

View Full Version : 6 Degrees are you kidding me!!!!

NCSteeler
12-05-2008, 04:53 PM
I am heading in from NC for the game this week. I was just checking Accu Weather and they report a Sunday high o f26 and a RealFeel of 6 degrees:eek1:. What in the heck is up with that and how exactly does one sit outside for 4 hours in 6 degree weather. Holy cow. I Hope romo feels as bad about it as I do. The only thing that will make it better is watching him get his cold *** sacked a few times.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Anybody who's anybody and has been to a game at Heinz in December has been there in the freezing cold and snow and rain and God knows what else :lol: yeah it's cold but once you get into the game it's not quite as bad, atleast IMO ;)

Dress in layers but don't dress in too many that you can't fit into the seats..LOL. One year way back in the day, when TRS was still around and I was a kid we went and saw the Patriots play and I had on a snowmobile suit and like 5 layers on underneath and could barely fit into the seat much less get up by myself! My parents froze nearly froze to death but me being a kid I insisted on staying through the whole thing snow, sleet and all.

Koopa
12-05-2008, 05:32 PM
i'm graduating in may, and planning on saving money and going to a game within the next two years, and even though i hate the cold, i'm hoping the game i go to is like that, hopefully it's snowing too lol

JensK
12-05-2008, 05:34 PM
i'm graduating in may, and planning on saving money and going to a game within the next two years, and even though i hate the cold, i'm hoping the game i go to is like that, hopefully it's snowing too lol

Same here pretty much.. Id love to attend to a Steelers game in Heinz at one point, but it have to be where its freaking cold and snowy.. Its got to be Steelers weather!!! :D

Dean Denton
12-05-2008, 05:42 PM
One day I will make it across the country to Pittsburgh to see a game live. I have to wait until my baby is a few years older. She needs to be at least 5. so thats 3 1/2 years to go. She sees the Steeler logo and says football. She knows the family crest, its beautiful. I cant go without my wife and girls. We are all looking forward to it.

BR7
12-05-2008, 05:53 PM
The last game I attended in Pittsburgh was the Dec 20th meeting against the Bungholes, 1998. Was in Three Rivers and we froze our asses off. Snowed for a little bit, maybe an inch or two. I think the high was 10 degrees or so, lol.

****.. that was so long ago, the Oilers were in Tennessee and Cleveland didn't have a team. Funny.. my brother still wore his Browns jacket (claimed it was the warmest one he had, lol).. he got razzed from where we parked all the way through the gate and up until we sat down, lol. Yinzers behind us were pretty cool, once he started waving the towel. Actually said they respected his dumb *** for even wearing that crap in Three Rivers, lol.

Dress warm Jens.. dress warm. That and it might help a tad bit if you were liquored up.. enjoy the game.

ejsteeler
12-05-2008, 05:56 PM
That's cold!!! Like you have heard, dress in layers and also, go to your nearest Wal-Mart, or equivilent, and buy some hot-hands. They're cheap and they work. I use them hunting in the cold and that's sitting very still, not jumping around screaming. Still, I hope it's not that bad on the 21st in TN. :yellowthumb:

igor0190
12-05-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm from Canada.... 6 degrees fahrenheit is BALMY to me! lol.
Suck it up, get to the game and you'll be fine.

Dean Denton
12-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Canadian? What part of Canada eh?

yinzer
12-05-2008, 08:08 PM
I am heading in from NC for the game this week. I was just checking Accu Weather and they report a Sunday high o f26 and a RealFeel of 6 degrees:eek1:. What in the heck is up with that and how exactly does one sit outside for 4 hours in 6 degree weather. Holy cow. I Hope romo feels as bad about it as I do. The only thing that will make it better is watching him get his cold *** sacked a few times.

i'm gonna tell you EXACTLY how you sit outside for 4 hours in 6 degree weather:

1) drink lots of beer
2) drink lots of beer
3) drink lots of beer

besides, this is DECEMBER STEELER WEATHER!!! you need to be out there stark *** naked waving the shiat out of that terrible towel!!

LarryNJ
12-05-2008, 08:41 PM
i'm gonna tell you EXACTLY how you sit outside for 4 hours in 6 degree weather:

1) drink lots of beer
2) drink lots of beer
3) drink lots of beer

I would suggest a little stronger. Stop in West Va. on your way up and pick yourself up a quart of moonshine! :)

As long as it's not raining it's really not too bad, even for a soft southerner! :yellowthumb:

Keep your hands and feet warm. The hand warmer suggestion is a very good one. And remember no matter how cold it gets. It's better to be in a stadium full of Steeler fans in Dec. than in Charolette speedway with 150,000 sweaty Nascar fans.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2008, 11:06 PM
I would suggest a little stronger. Stop in West Va. on your way up and pick yourself up a quart of moonshine! :)

As long as it's not raining it's really not too bad, even for a soft southerner! :yellowthumb:

Keep your hands and feet warm. The hand warmer suggestion is a very good one. And remember no matter how cold it gets. It's better to be in a stadium full of Steeler fans in Dec. than in Charolette speedway with 150,000 sweaty Nascar fans.

I think he probably wants to actually remember the game he's going to see :lol:

steelerschick1220
12-05-2008, 11:27 PM
One day I will make it across the country to Pittsburgh to see a game live. I have to wait until my baby is a few years older. She needs to be at least 5. so thats 3 1/2 years to go. She sees the Steeler logo and says football. She knows the family crest, its beautiful. I cant go without my wife and girls. We are all looking forward to it.
Awwwww, that is so cute that she knows that already. When I have kids, they ARE going to be Steeler fans or I will forbid them from watching the NFL.

igor0190
12-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Canadian? What part of Canada eh?

WINNIPEG MANITOBA

Moondog
12-06-2008, 01:04 AM
My Brother and I will be down at Heinz field on Sunday too. We got broke in at the Charger game which was a little cold. I tell you what....WE ARE GOING TO BRING THE NOISE. Romo and the other girls are about to have a real unpleasant visit to Pittsburgh. THE IRON DUECE(Harrison & Woodley) WILL BE ON THE LOOSE!!!! GO STEELERS!!!!!!
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::helmet::tt02::tt02::tt02:

steelersgal86
12-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Good advice already....but I agree drink alot of beer....and the steelers are going to give you alot to yell and scream and get excited over...you will be sweating :lol:

SteelersGirlTN7
12-06-2008, 11:24 AM
lol god i miss these kind of games. back in the day at TRS, when i used to go to all the home games and I lived up there, i remember winter games, where it was so cold (way below 0 with the wind chills) at some points, you could see your feet but not feel them LOL. that didnt stop us from being out in the lot at 5am to tailgate!! Ahh, good times!!

NCSteeler
12-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the advice, getting in the car now. Can't wait . Got lots of hand warmers and plenty of layers. I'm sure the adrenaline will over come the cold.

Clevelandsux
12-06-2008, 12:09 PM
The way I look at it, the colder the better. It will be to our advantage.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2008, 12:17 PM
You'll be so hoarse and drunk you won't even notice the frostbite :lol:

SteelFanInIL
12-06-2008, 01:54 PM
What's wrong with cold weather? The only thing that would make it better is if it snowed like hell.:tt02::yellowthumb::cope:

acero
12-06-2008, 02:45 PM
its worth the trip, the snow and the cold!!!

my first steeler game ever was this november Vs chargers we had a blast the cold was not that big of an issue once the game started, i would do it again, no doubt

here we go steelers here we go!!!

:tt02:

Dee Mca
12-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Haven't been to a game since all the new pat downs and security checks and stuff, but growing up going to Three Rivers with my dad and uncles they always had a flask of something with them. Booze is the key not to much where you become a drunken fool but enough to take the chill off.

LarryNJ
12-06-2008, 04:03 PM
, but growing up going to Three Rivers with my dad and uncles they always had a flask of something with them.

As a 13 and 14 year old 73 & 74 my brother in law would take me to the games with his buddies. Booze wasn't allowed into the stadium but food was. They would have me carry a bag with 2 loafs of italian bread that were hollowed out and filled with a fifth of whiskey in each, Than they would throw a pound of chesse and Islay's chipped ham for good looks! By the time 78 & 79 rolled around I was doing the same for me and my buddies as 18 & 19 year olds. Great times! Especially the Browns games and playing Houston or Oakland in the playoffs.

Stlrs4Life
12-06-2008, 09:52 PM
I'll be dressed for it, not worried on how cold it will be.