PDA

View Full Version : Is it a fluke? (offensive line)

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Is it just a fluke that the often torched o-line has been performing better? I see the change taking place with each game,and the closer we get to our goal.(Super bowl)
This team knows how to get things done. They have seemed to learn from the on slaut they endured for a short stretch of the season. They escaped with a 9-3 record and continue to make adjustments,even with injuries. I have been a non-Arians fan,but i have to give some credit for dumping the ball off more quickly,and helping the o-line and Ben to shun useless sacks.
I believe in this team and the heart that they show each and every game. Tomlin is a bigtime motor ,and the whole team is buying into that. This is a team,that you can not afford to take any way but serious, plain and simple ,if you are into the same quest we are. If not,sorry bout your luck! Kick *** and move on ,that is our team motive right now!!!!!You can see it develope each week into something special. We are the team to be reckoned with in the AFC. Not the Titans,not the Ravens, not the Colts. Choose who you will, but my money is riding on the boys from the "Steel City"! One complete package comin at cha!!!!!!!!
GO STEELERS !!!

Dean Denton
12-04-2008, 04:31 PM
As much as I love your motivational speech, I wouldn't go blowing our OL just yet. We just faced three teams that are not all that good at the pass rush. This weekend we will find out a lot more about where this team really is. I think last week we just exposed a sub-par QB, and pretty much an over-rated team as a whole. But I will not argue that we are really making great strides in the right direction, and when the smoke clears I like our chances just as much as anyone else in this league to win it all.

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-04-2008, 04:45 PM
They show something new each week bro. They seem to be careful not to show so much too soon. Leaves me to believe,just like the believer i am! I want to be with your avitar!!LOL

Troyisabeast_43
12-04-2008, 04:49 PM
The way this team has come on the last few weeks especially in giving the Patriots a 23 point *** kicking in their own house last Sunday it's very hard not to start believing in this Steelers team more and more as we get closer to playoff time. This defense is truly amazing and can definitely carry this team all the way to Feb 1st in Tampa and give this team one helluva a good chance to raise that Lombardi Trophy on that same night. At this point I wont say the Steelers are a lock for anything especially since they havent even clinched their division yet. I want to see how things unfold this week at home against Dallas and next week at Baltimore. But I will go as far to say that I will be very surprised at this point if this Steelers team lead by this awesome defense is not at the very least playing in the AFC Championship Game with a chance to go to Tampa.

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-04-2008, 04:57 PM
That is probably just why the defense is calling on the offense to step up thier game now as we speak.I am one believer ,but oh man.......look out when we hit our stride on offense!!!! We have changed it around in the last two games.(on offense) and i don't think we saw the whole deal just yet.

Dean Denton
12-04-2008, 05:31 PM
I dont think we have played all of our cards either on the Off side. So I look forward to these guys bring the heat in the next few weeks. Just catch the ball when it in your hands Nate.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2008, 08:10 PM
As much as I love your motivational speech, I wouldn't go blowing our OL just yet. We just faced three teams that are not all that good at the pass rush. This weekend we will find out a lot more about where this team really is. I think last week we just exposed a sub-par QB, and pretty much an over-rated team as a whole. But I will not argue that we are really making great strides in the right direction, and when the smoke clears I like our chances just as much as anyone else in this league to win it all.

:iagree: Last weekend was a good test and this team passed it. Now we have a new challenge with a much more aggressive pass rush so this will be a real good test. So far our OL has faced the pass rush from teams like Philly and NY and flunked big time. Now they've had some time to gel and hopefully improve so we shall see just how they handle the good pass rush that Dallas brings. If they play well this weekend then we can start to sing their praises a bit more.

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-04-2008, 08:38 PM
I really think they have been gearing up for the pass rush since the moment they hired Max., hartwig,kemo,and spaeth. What better way to combat the pass rush than to disguise your run attack? Lets remember that our organization has had a good eye out for offensive lineman....... Along came Big Ben. Mr do everything,and do it freakin well! That is nor a joke,or a cut. What are opposing defenses looking for now? Are we going to run the ball by "attrition", or are we going to throw the ball? Or are we going to change our shade,and do the dump off pass? I for one always wanted some unpredictability on this offense. Now we shall see.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-05-2008, 12:50 AM
If we handle the Cowgilrs D-Line than I'm convinced:tt02:, Our Defense has carried us all year:yellowthumb:, it's time for the O-Line to man up an carry the load,:yesnod:the play calling has to be perfect:crossfingers:,an the blocking has to be perfect:yesnod:,an Ben has to make reads quickly:yesnod:, If we get by these Cowgirls it's over for the rest of the No Fun League:tt02::cope::yellowthumb::clap:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2008, 08:00 AM
this organization used to have a good eye for OL but our recent track record of drafting them hasn't panned out so well. I do like Stapleton and I think he should take over for Simmons next year permanently. I like Hartwig at Center and Kemo at LG.

If this group has been holding something back or gearing up then they better let it loose because now is no time to experiment or hold back. These 5 are key to the success this team will have or not have the rest of the way out. At this point in the year this is their litmus test.

ejsteeler
12-05-2008, 10:31 AM
this organization used to have a good eye for OL but our recent track record of drafting them hasn't panned out so well. I do like Stapleton and I think he should take over for Simmons next year permanently. I like Hartiwig at guard and Kemo at LG.

If this group has been holding something back or gearing up then they better let it loose because now is no time to experiment or hold back. These 5 are key to the success this team will have or not have the rest of the way out. At this point in the year this is their litmus test.

Amen. Hopes are high and fingers are crossed.
I Believe!!!! :cope:

LatrobePA
12-05-2008, 10:39 AM
We faced the Ravens, IMO have the 2nd best D in the league...We won!

ejsteeler
12-05-2008, 10:44 AM
We faced the Ravens, IMO have the 2nd best D in the league...We won!

Good point. We just need to play within ourselves and we will put the W up on the board. :yesnod:

LatrobePA
12-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Tony Romosexual has had it easy since his comeback. They'll score no doubts to that, but we need a good balance game plan on O, run run run, throw!! Wear their D down!!

If this can happen we WIN!!!

Dean Denton
12-05-2008, 12:09 PM
We faced the Ravens, IMO have the 2nd best D in the league...We won!This is true, and their Def is better IMO then Dallas. And maybe Dallas scores. One drive is about what the Steelers give up to everyone, and there is nothing about the Cowboys that make me think they can do any better then the Pats. Moss, TO, both fags. Big mouths and tiny wee wee's. TO doesn't know Shiat about Pittsburgh, and is coming to Polamalu Island for a wake up call. No way does this team walk into Pittsburgh and come away feeling good about anything other then not all of them got carted off the field. Soft to the core, all of them. Ware dresses like a woman, and still plays with Barbies....

LatrobePA
12-05-2008, 12:18 PM
This is true, and their Def is better IMO then Dallas. And maybe Dallas scores. One drive is about what the Steelers give up to everyone, and there is nothing about the Cowboys that make me think they can do any better then the Pats. Moss, TO, both fags. Big mouths and tiny wee wee's. TO doesn't know Shiat about Pittsburgh, and is coming to Polamalu Island for a wake up call. No way does this team walk into Pittsburgh and come away feeling good about anything other then not all of them got carted off the field. Soft to the core, all of them. Ware dresses like a woman, and still plays with Barbies....

Thanks man I have to go home and change! I JUST PISSED MYSELF reading your post!! Oh man that is great!! :tt02:

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Well in my opinion the o-line has the most to prove on this whole team. They have been cut to shreads by the media and the fans alike. They have had no chance to gell ,but this is the closest they have come to being a unit.I have witnessed strides in the passed few games,and i do not think that will change for this game with the "Cryboys". They have in my opinion,been just as much a victim of the play calling more anything else. This could be thier chance to make a statement to the media,the fans,and the rest of the league. We have a running oriented offensive line,not a pass blocking one. I look forward to them demonstrating just that tomorrow at 4:15 at our house. The "Mach 5" will make thier mark. The time is ripe. This is thier chance. If they do thier jobs,we will be a comeplete team. I have the faith!!!!!!!
GO STEELERS!!!!!!

JensK
12-06-2008, 05:10 PM
I really think they are getting there. Slowly, indeed and sure as hell not surely, but they are getting there. Our o-line, as it is, will never be great, but it has the potential to get to a level where its competitive, and where the play-makers on the team's got a chance. All players on that line, expect colon ( -.- ) are actually decent players, and they can hold their own against most players in the NFL, when they get their act together.