PDA

View Full Version : BIG BEN tweaks knee

yinzer
12-03-2008, 04:40 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08338/932488-66.stm

guess we'll see.....

JensK
12-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Just what we needed.. god damn it!? like our offence havnt enough problems as it is. Like Yinzer said, we'll just have to see..

Dean Denton
12-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Of course he did...lol Did you guys really think something wasn't going to happen to him? We have been looking forward to this game all year. Ben VS Romo..... Lefty can pick up the slack and we should be fine. We didn't really expect much out of Ben anyways. Just kidding. Ben said it wasn't that bad, and i'm sure just wanted to be safe. He is going to play. He wants the record for most wins in his first 5 seasons. He could be on a short leash, but he will play. Dont worry fellas, its gonna be fine. Our OL is just going to have to be at their best if Ben cant move.

JensK
12-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Of course he did...lol Did you guys really think something wasn't going to happen to him? We have been looking forward to this game all year. Ben VS Romo..... Lefty can pick up the slack and we should be fine. We didn't really expect much out of Ben anyways. Just kidding. Ben said it wasn't that bad, and i'm sure just wanted to be safe. He is going to play. He wants the record for most wins in his first 5 seasons. He could be on a short leash, but he will play. Dont worry fellas, its gonna be fine. Our OL is just going to have to be at their best if Ben cant move.

Ben also said he wasnt hurt earlier this season, and look what happened :P

memphissteelergirl
12-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Hopefully it's nothing serious... :crossfingers:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2008, 04:59 PM
As soon as he slipped Im sure Byron put on the helmet and would have stayed out there regardless just to be safe. It's still only Wednesday so they'll give him some rest and treatment and he'll most likely be good to go at this point it seems.

I hate seeing Ben miss practice though, he doesn't play as well when he can't practice normally during the week;we all saw that earlier this year. As long as it's nothing serious he'll hopefully be back on schedule quick and shouldn't be effected too much.

yinzer
12-03-2008, 05:06 PM
As soon as he slipped Im sure Byron put on the helmet and would have stayed out there regardless just to be safe. It's still only Wednesday so they'll give him some rest and treatment and he'll most likely be good to go at this point it seems.

I hate seeing Ben miss practice though, he doesn't play as well when he can't practice normally during the week;we all saw that earlier this year. As long as it's nothing serious he'll hopefully be back on schedule quick and shouldn't be effected too much.

exactly. big ben missing practice=sub par performance. DAMN IT! :evilshake:

Dean Denton
12-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Well if he misses too much practice maybe we go with Lefty. Its the coaches call. I dont have an issue going to the best back QB in the league. I have been saying it all year. We will see the best Lefty to ever play in the pro's because he wants a home. We will win if he starts. I would bet my big screen on it. I'll throw in the X-box 360 as a bonus.

LatrobePA
12-03-2008, 05:23 PM
I agree with the above, Ben has been better the last few games, practice makes perfect (Ok close to perfect)!!

Lets hope he can get back out there ASAP....

yinzer
12-03-2008, 05:28 PM
he better suck it up. plain and simple.

Ambridge
12-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Holy Crap!!:duh:
Ben has to be the most injury/accident prone athlete in all of professional sports.

Ben should go to the nearest priest, shaman, spiritualist or witch-doctor to see if they can lift the "Injury Hex" that has been place upon him.

JensK
12-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Holy Crap!!:duh:
Ben has to be the most injury/accident prone athlete in all of professional sports.

Ben should go to the nearest priest, shaman, spiritualist or witch-doctor to see if they can lift the "Injury Hex" that has been place upon him.

He needs to use his summer with Troy and his personal trainer imo!

Dean Denton
12-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Or he could just get bigger cleats when he plays in the mud.

rocyaice
12-03-2008, 06:54 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/30tq3gj.gif

Dean Denton
12-03-2008, 06:56 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/30tq3gj.gifWhats wrong cat got your crotch?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Why are the practicing outside?......Bone head move by Tomlin if you ask me.....They have an indoor practice field....I don't want to hear this so the team can adjust to the elements.....This team should be fine with the elements since they play at ****ing Heinz Field....People wonder why I doubt Tomlin.....Great bone head moves like this...lol

rocyaice
12-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Whats wrong cat got your crotch?

Its all in fun man. No reason to be mad at me like I tweaked the guys knee. Its just going to make it sweeter when the Steelers put it on the Cowboys on Sunday. I'll be here to take the beating.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Didn't Cowher always like to practice outside whenever he could as well? :scratch: either way it is what it is and Ben has got to be tough and shake this off, this is a monster game for both teams and we can ill afford any setbacks after finally getting on this roll. I have no problem with Leftwich coming in if necessary but Ben is our man and we need to keep this boy on the field.

I can understand wanting to practice outside some now and then but man it's not like these guys never play in the cold, wind, and snow or anything. :duh: Tomlin has said before he'd rather play and practice outside in bad weather then in nice weather. Again those if these guys aren't used to playing in bad weather in Pittsburgh in December as it is, practicing outdoors during the week a few times isn't going to change that either way.

yinzer
12-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Why are the practicing outside?......Bone head move by Tomlin if you ask me.....They have an indoor practice field....I don't want to hear this so the team can adjust to the elements.....This team should be fine with the elements since they play at ****ing Heinz Field....People wonder why I doubt Tomlin.....Great bone head moves like this...lol

:plus1:

rocyaice
12-03-2008, 07:04 PM

I don't see the problem with playing to similar conditions that you'll be facing on Sunday. Yea they're use to it or should be but I think you have to take that approach if you're Tomlin. Play indoors all week and then go in Sunday in bad weather conditions? That's idiotic IMO.

Dean Denton
12-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Its all in fun man. No reason to be mad at me like I tweaked the guys knee. Its just going to make it sweeter when the Steelers put it on the Cowboys on Sunday. I'll be here to take the beating.
you didn't say anything, thats why I said that. And like hell you will be here after the Cowboys get their beat down. We see poo butts come and go on here rooting for the other team and they all say the same thing. "I'll be back even if we lose." never happens.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Didn't Cowher always like to practice outside whenever he could as well? :scratch: either way it is what it is and Ben has got to be tough and shake this off, this is a monster game for both teams and we can ill afford any setbacks after finally getting on this roll. I have no problem with Leftwich coming in if necessary but Ben is our man and we need to keep this boy on the field.

I can understand wanting to practice outside some now and then but man it's not like these guys never play in the cold, wind, and snow or anything. :duh: Tomlin has said before he'd rather play and practice outside in bad weather then in nice weather. Again those if these guys aren't used to playing in bad weather in Pittsburgh in December as it is, practicing outdoors during the week a few times isn't going to change that either way.

If this team wasn't so banged up Top then I would have no problem with it....But you have to take account of your teams health and Tomlin didn't do that.....I just think it was a stupid move to have these guys practice outside since they have battled to stay healthy all year (especially Ben).....I don't think the Cowboys are up north anywhere practicing outside...lol......So really it wouldn't be such and edge this game.....lol

Just when I think Tomlin is starting to get it as a HC then something like this happens......

rocyaice
12-03-2008, 07:08 PM
you didn't say anything, thats why I said that. And like hell you will be here after the Cowboys get their beat down. We see poo butts come and go on here rooting for the other team and they all say the same thing. "I'll be back even if we lose." never happens.

Well like I said, if you guys have a gameday thread i'll be in it on Sunday. So its going to be difficult for me to run away lol. But i'll admit. I'm saying this not expecting a loss.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-03-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't see the problem with playing to similar conditions that you'll be facing on Sunday. Yea they're use to it or should be but I think you have to take that approach if you're Tomlin. Play indoors all week and then go in Sunday in bad weather conditions? That's idiotic IMO.

Having your team practice outside in the mud especially when some of these players has battled injuries is idiotic.....Its not like the Cowboys are practicing in similar conditions this week before the game....

rocyaice
12-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Having your team practice outside in the mud especially when some of these players has battled injuries is idiotic.....Its not like the Cowboys are practicing in similar conditions this week before the game....

Actually i've been trying to hear exactly how they are practicing. I'd hope that Romo is throwing footballs that are soaked to see if he can handle the football with his pinkie. You can't prepare for Heinz Field but still I feel a team is best prepared going through practice in similar conditions they'll be facing on Sunday. What exactly does practicing indoors do? Being accustom to the playing field is a huge advantage for the Steelers. Could be a difference in the game. I really hope the Cowboys are practicing in similar conditions.

Troyisabeast_43
12-03-2008, 07:18 PM
It's only Wednesday guys so everybody needs to just take a chill and relax here. Ben is Mr Freakin Drama everytime he does something or gets the slightest little bump or bruise on the field. They probably held him out for precautionary reasons just to be safe more then anything else which is a smart move for sure. This is too big of a game for Ben to sit out and not play in because he took a little slip at practice I dont see it happening at all. He has played through pain and tougher injuries and other things aside from what occured today. Tomlin and the coaching staff and Ben know what's at stake in this game so unless Ben is completely hobbled and cannot move come Saturday night into Sunday I expect to see him out there and playing.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Actually i've been trying to hear exactly how they are practicing. I'd hope that Romo is throwing footballs that are soaked to see if he can handle the football with his pinkie. You can't prepare for Heinz Field but still I feel a team is best prepared going through practice in similar conditions they'll be facing on Sunday. What exactly does practicing indoors do? Being accustom to the playing field is a huge advantage for the Steelers. Could be a difference in the game. I really hope the Cowboys are practicing in similar conditions.

Most of the Steelers players have played their home games at Heinz Field for years now so they know what to expect and how to play outside so really practicing outside (especially on a muddy field) is retarded.....How are the Cowboys practicing in a similar conditions?.......Jerry Jones bought state of the art wind,rain,snow,mud machines to **** up their practice field....lol

Dean Denton
12-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Well like I said, if you guys have a gameday thread i'll be in it on Sunday. So its going to be difficult for me to run away lol. But i'll admit. I'm saying this not expecting a loss.
My little buddy from work is coming over to watch his Cowboys play the mighty Steelers on my big screen, and my daughter said if he cheers once, he gettin kicked in the mouth. she said his beating will be nothing like the one Romo is getting from Crack and Whack, but ruthless just the same....lol you wont be here Fun Boy..

Black@Gold Forever32
12-03-2008, 07:22 PM
It's only Wednesday guys so everybody needs to just take a chill and relax here. Ben is Mr Freakin Drama everytime he does something or gets the slightest little bump or bruise on the field. They probably held him out for precautionary reasons just to be safe more then anything else which is a smart move for sure. This is too big of a game for Ben to sit out and not play in because he took a little slip at practice I dont see it happening at all. He has played through pain and tougher injuries and other things aside from what occured today. Tomlin and the coaching staff and Ben know what's at stake in this game so unless Ben is completely hobbled and cannot move come Saturday night into Sunday I expect to see him out there and playing.

You're missing the point.......Its not just about Ben...Yea lets have Willie Parker out there on that muddy field with the way his knee has been lately......Plus all the other walking wounded......I'm just saying a coach not taking account of his teams health and letting them practice in hazardous conditions were they can injure themselves worse is really stupid......:lol:

ejsteeler
12-03-2008, 07:29 PM
I don't see the big deal. It is what it is. We are not talking about ice, we're talking about dirt and some wet spots. I applaud him sticking to his plan. It is a matter of conditioning and stamina. Indoor practices cannot provide the same experience as outdoors. They are pro's and can handle it. Besides, Ben will be fine. Arians needs to game plan better, that is what scares me.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-03-2008, 07:31 PM
I don't see the big deal. It is what it is. We are not talking about ice, we're talking about dirt and some wet spots. I applaud him sticking to his plan. It is a matter of conditioning and stamina. Indoor practices cannot provide the same experience as outdoors. They are pro's and can handle it. Besides, Ben will be fine. Arians needs to game plan better, that is what scares me.

Yep practicing Willie Parker out doors in the mud with the way he has battled injuries all year makes perfect sense to me....lol For real Tomlin is clueless at times....

ejsteeler
12-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Yep practicing Willie Parker out doors in the mud with the way he has battled injuries all year makes perfect sense to me....lol For real Tomlin is clueless at times....

Time will tell. :yesnod:

rocyaice
12-03-2008, 07:49 PM

He's gonna have to go up against the mud regardless if he's playing Sunday. Why wait to Sunday to see if Parker can go on the mud?

--- Added 12/3/2008 at 05:49 PM ---

Most of the Steelers players have played their home games at Heinz Field for years now so they know what to expect and how to play outside so really practicing outside (especially on a muddy field) is retarded.....How are the Cowboys practicing in a similar conditions?.......Jerry Jones bought state of the art wind,rain,snow,mud machines to **** up their practice field....lol

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Content/Image/04-08-2008/Jerry-Jones.jpg

Jerry Jones only wants the best.

Dean Denton
12-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Because it might not be muddy, it might be frozen. So better to sit sweet pants down and try and keep him from breaking a nail. this is probably Parkers last year and they need him down the stretch.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-03-2008, 07:50 PM
He's gonna have to go up against the mud regardless if he's playing Sunday. Why wait to Sunday to see if Parker can go on the mud?

Why wait?...Really you asked this....Well a few weeks ago when Willie was battling an injury he was all set to return to only get hurt practicing on their out door practice field to only reinjure his knee and Parker missed more games as result of it.....All I'm saying is a HC needs to take a teams health in account at times....

rocyaice
12-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Why wait?...Really you asked this....Well a few weeks ago when Willie was battling an injury he was all set to return to only get hurt practicing on their out door practice field to only reinjure his knee and Parker missed more games as result of it.....All I'm saying is a HC needs to take a teams health in account at times....

Good point. But put yourself in a head coaches shoes for a sec. Would you rather have Willie get hurt in pratice or hurt on Sunday? Who's the backup behind him? Moore? Atleast if he were to get hurt in practice the offense could build around Moore running the ball and get him in with the 1st team during practice. I'd rather my guy not get hurt at all but if he has to get hurt i'd rather it be in practice rather than the 1st quarter on Sunday.

Because it might not be muddy, it might be frozen. So better to sit sweet pants down and try and keep him from breaking a nail. this is probably Parkers last year and they need him down the stretch.

Won't it still be muddy out there after these guys run all over that grass even if its ice out there?

Troyisabeast_43
12-03-2008, 08:02 PM

I agree that is really the only thing that is holding this Steelers team back as a whole is the inconsistency of this offense lead by the play-calling of Bruce Arians and the execution by Ben especially in the redzone. It MUST continue to improve if this Steelers team hopes to make any kind of noise come playoff time I believe...

ejsteeler
12-03-2008, 08:21 PM

If you've ever coached any in your life, i can't tell by listening to you. How do you know he wasn't taking it easy on them out there? How do you know he wasn't watching the field to make a determination if they should quit? You play like you practice is what i have preached everyone I have ever coached and that applies here. Taking it easy indoors would do them no good. you practice and play hard and the chips fall where they may. Tomlin frequently sits people through the week giving them rest and reward so you can't sit there and say he is f**ing up. The HC has to take a lot more than the health in to thought. Win is the name of the game. One more time, You play like you practice. Practice hard, play hard. :yesnod: :bunny: :nahnah:

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Today was a pretty nice day here in the 'burg. wasn't freezing cold or wet outside.I thought the practice field was made of the field turf , that yins are all wanting so bad. How could he have slipped on the magical field turf? I think we will find out that it ain't no big thing...:2cents:

yinzer
12-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Today was a pretty nice day here in the 'burg. wasn't freezing cold or wet outside.I thought the practice field was made of the field turf , that yins are all wanting so bad. How could he have slipped on the magical field turf? I think we will find out that it ain't no big thing...:2cents:

i agree. i didn't even have to warm up my car this morning. nice sig and avatar by the way.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2008, 10:43 PM
We really don't know what the pace of practice was and Im sure Tomlin didn't have them out there for 8 hours in full pads hitting. He slipped and fell, it happens. It sucks for sure and I wish it wouldn't have happened but we just have to hope he's ready to go.

The outside at the practice facility is natural grass as far as I know but of course in the inside is field turf.

BlitzburghNation
12-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Heard on sirius ,,,,, that he's fine :bigthumb:

Also Pat Kirwin & Tim Ryan are picking the STEELERS to win :towelwave:

SteelersWoman
12-03-2008, 11:44 PM
I think all our guys prefer the natural grass and playin outside anyway. They seem to feel that the artificial stuff causes more (and more chance of) worse injuries.

So yeah, he fell in the mud--but maybe inside he'd have twisted the knee tryin' to make a turn anyway.

Moondog
12-04-2008, 02:11 AM
I've noticed the past couple of games that Ben has actually tucked it and ran, something I noticed was missing for the most part this season. I hope this doesn't make him gunshy from taking off when there is an opportunity.

DanRooney
12-04-2008, 04:16 AM
Well if he misses too much practice maybe we go with Lefty. Its the coaches call. I dont have an issue going to the best back QB in the league. I have been saying it all year. We will see the best Lefty to ever play in the pro's because he wants a home. We will win if he starts. I would bet my big screen on it. I'll throw in the X-box 360 as a bonus.

Wouldn't do that if I were you :stirpot:

Dean Denton
12-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Wouldn't do that if I were you :stirpot: Faith. I have lots of it. Lefty would play a big time gun slinger, and make the Cowboys Def look stupid. I have no doubt about it.

SteelerBee43
12-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Well hopefully he'll be fine..:pray:

Stairwayto7
12-04-2008, 05:03 PM
My biggest problem with leftwich starting a game, is that we have to go back to a full bruce arians offense again!

Dean Denton
12-04-2008, 05:16 PM
My biggest problem with leftwich starting a game, is that we have to go back to a full bruce arians offense again!
Yeah and that could be bad. but you never know, Lefty might shred it. He looked good against the skins, and I think over all the Skins have a better Def then the Cowboys. The Boys just have Ware, and that guy could be the scariest cross dress of all time.

Troyisabeast_43
12-04-2008, 05:53 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_601507.html

Ben is fine he practiced today and is good to go for Sunday. With McFadden back in the lineup and guys like Willie healthy and finally playing every week with the exception of Brett Keisel being out of the lineup this is the healthiest this Steelers team has been since the first month of the season...

Dean Denton
12-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Lets wrangle us some Cowboys fellas, its time to get it on.