PDA

View Full Version : STEELERS FAN LOYALTY SLIPS TO THIRD

SteelerBee43
12-03-2008, 02:36 AM
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ― Are Steelers fans not as loyal as they used to be?

After coming in No. 1 last year on the list of sports teams with the most brand-loyal fans, the Steelers slipped to third place this year.

The Green Bay Packers came in first, followed by the Boston Red Sox.

But researchers point out that the Packers likely came in first due to the hoopla surrounding Brett Favre's departure last year.

Twelve-thousand football, basketball, baseball and hockey fans were surveyed based on a host of questions to come up with the list.

By the way, the Pittsburgh Penguins came in eighth place among the teams with the most brand-loyal fans.

:willybs: :willybs: :willybs: :willybs: :willybs: :willybs: :willybs: :willybs: :willybs:

champnation
12-03-2008, 08:08 AM
I really do believe that red sox are number one but I would say Steelers fans are number two. I think Green Bay has good fans but they don't travel nearly as well as Steeler fans nor have they stayed consistent with filling their own stadium this year.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2008, 08:10 AM
This is brand loyalty here, not fan loyalty in terms of supporting your team by going out to games. I know there's no fans in the world that can come close to Steeler fans! So we bought a few less jersey's this year, everybody is with the way the economy is...big deal.

coggsnyrnyg
12-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Penguins being number 8 is a joke. Penguins fans are such bandwagon hoppers it isn'[t even funny.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Penguins being number 8 is a joke. Penguins fans are such bandwagon hoppers it isn'[t even funny.

Now I know you can't really sit there and say that with a straight face...for as long as the Pens have struggled and finally in the last couple years really begin to have some serious success it's a welcomed site for all the die hards out there who have waited through all the struggles this franchise has gone through.

Dean Denton
12-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Now I know you can't really sit there and say that with a straight face...for as long as the Pens have struggled and finally in the last couple years really begin to have some serious success it's a welcomed site for all the die hards out there who have waited through all the struggles this franchise has gone through.Yeah I have to agree with you on this one. Coming from a Giants fan I dont see how this could be spoken with a straight face. talk about fair weather banwaggon jumpers. I am pretty sure up until the playoffs last year the entire state was ready to run Eli out of the city. Now, not so much.....hhhmmmm

ejsteeler
12-03-2008, 03:31 PM
We know better. My description to the left says it all. :yesnod: