PDA

View Full Version : McFadden expected to return Sunday

jpele
12-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Story (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_601114.html)

Cornerback Bryant McFadden, who has not played since the middle of October because of a broken forearm, will likely play Sunday against the visiting Dallas Cowboys. "I think he's going to get over the top this week," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said today at his weekly news conference.

This could not come at a better time. We've been hit with everything but the kitchen sink this year, maybe things will start to come together for us when we need it most. :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-02-2008, 07:24 PM
We've been the number 1 defense without him all this time but we haven't faced 3 quality WR's like Dallas has yet so him coming back is going to be huge. Plus with Townsend back we have our 3 solid CB's again and with Gay coming along better and better our secondary is pretty wicked all around.

jpele
12-02-2008, 07:48 PM
with Townsend back we have our 3 solid CB's again and with Gay coming along better and better our secondary is pretty wicked all around.

I've noticed the past 2 weeks, William Gay has been stepping up his game,its JMO but I believe he may have overtaken Townsend.

With McFadden back we'll see who gets the call Gay or Townsend.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2008, 08:21 PM
We've been the number 1 defense without him all this time but we haven't faced 3 quality WR's like Dallas has yet so him coming back is going to be huge. Plus with Townsend back we have our 3 solid CB's again and with Gay coming along better and better our secondary is pretty wicked all around.

Ok the Cowboys have TO and he is a very good WR....Personally I think he is the best WR when it comes to pure talent and his combo of size/speed.....But Roy Williams is vastly over-rated and Crayton is solid......I'm not worried about this WR core....I know Austin Miles has made some plays for them as well this year....But still I think our defense can handle this WR core.....Hell we proved we can handle TO back in 2004 when the Eagles came to Pittsburgh....Now Jason Witten is a bad *** and he is Romo's security blanket.....He is a top 3 TE in this league...

I'm pumped McFadden will be back Sunday and I'm feeling a pick six out him of this Sunday....Just a feeling I have....

Troyisabeast_43
12-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Ok the Cowboys have TO and he is a very good WR....Personally I think he is the best WR when it comes to pure talent and his combo of size/speed.....But Roy Williams is vastly over-rated and Crayton is solid......I'm not worried about this WR core....I know Austin Miles has made some plays for them as well this year....But still I think our defense can handle this WR core.....Hell we proved we can handle TO back in 2004 when the Eagles came to Pittsburgh....Now Jason Witten is a bad *** and he is Romo's security blanket.....He is a top 3 TE in this league...

I'm pumped McFadden will be back Sunday and I'm feeling a pick six out him of this Sunday....Just a feeling I have....

I do too I think McFadden is going to make his presence felt in this game especially if it's a tight game late. He has had some huge pass breakups this year and tackles on 3rd down late in games before he went down with the broken arm in Cincy. Like we brought up in the other posts this Cowboys team if you jump on them early and things start falling apart you will see dissension on their sidelines starting and ending with TO bitching and complaining at somebody. This is the point and time where the Steelers if this indeed happens had better go in for the kill in this game. I just have a bad feeling in this game that if the Steelers dick around and dont put the Cowboys away in this game when they get the chance that the samething that happened to them here at home in the Giants and Colts game is going to happen this week as well. You cannot turn the ball over deep in your own end against this Cowboys defense and give this Cowboys offense a short field, and you just cannot give them opportunities much like the Steelers did with the Colts and Peyton Manning because the Cowboys and Tony Romo are good enough that if the Steelers **** up and keep the Cowboys in this game long enough that they will make them pay and pay big at some point.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Williams has all the talent in the world but hasn't lived up to it yet in Dallas and maybe never got a chance to in Detroit. Let's just make sure he doesn't have a breakout game against.

Crayton is solid as you mentioned, he reminds me alittle of Welker..not so much in how he plays but in his role in making clutch plays for Dallas.

Gay will certainly have his role increased next year especially if McFadden bolts for big dollars in the FA market. I'd like to see Bryant come back and work along side Ike for the long term. we'd have our bookend corners set like we haven't seen in a quite a long time in a Steeler defense.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
12-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Story (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_601114.html)

This could not come at a better time. We've been hit with everything but the kitchen sink this year, maybe things will start to come together for us when we need it most. :tt02:

:yellowthumb: It'd be sweet to start firing on all cylinders and start winning games like last week...This team is definately capable of it.:cope:

K Train
12-02-2008, 10:19 PM
williams and crayton are nobodies. TO is really good but Ike has handled him before. Witten is ****ing sick, but troy and timmons are both athletic enough to cover a guy like him, he scares me the most. im not sure havign a rusty mcfadden back is gonna be the best thing but we'll see i guess

PsychoWard
12-03-2008, 12:07 AM
witten is badd ***!!! t o is sick and big and fast to boot and romo is a lot better than cassel!!! so as much as i know we should be able to conatin them this by all means isn't going not be an easy game!!! so having mcfadden back is huge!!!!

rocyaice
12-03-2008, 12:55 AM
williams and crayton are nobodies. TO is really good but Ike has handled him before. Witten is ****ing sick, but troy and timmons are both athletic enough to cover a guy like him, he scares me the most. im not sure havign a rusty mcfadden back is gonna be the best thing but we'll see i guess

Roy Williams is a nobody? He's a great receiver. He's just had problems learning Garret's playbook and timing with Romo hasn't gotten there yet. But I expect a lot of Crayton and Roy Williams on Sunday. TO could have a big game but with the weather conditions I wouldn't put money on it. Witten has sort of been a after thought since Romo went down and the Cowboys traded for Roy Williams. He finally had his 100 yard game last week. Its been awhile.

K Train
12-03-2008, 01:24 AM
williams is hardly great, hes got butter fingers worse than TO or edwards, the lions let him go cause calvin johnson is a great reciever...williams makes you think hes great, he tells you hes great and thats about it...great is not a word you want to use to describe him, hes very average...lions won on that deal in a big way, think about it like this

a 4th round pick for randy moss vs 2 firsts, a third and a sixth for williams whos best season has been a 7 TD season in 06.

rocyaice
12-03-2008, 01:37 AM

williams is hardly great, hes got butter fingers worse than TO or edwards, the lions let him go cause calvin johnson is a great reciever...williams makes you think hes great, he tells you hes great and thats about it...great is not a word you want to use to describe him, hes very average...lions won on that deal in a big way, think about it like this

a 4th round pick for randy moss vs 2 firsts, a third and a sixth for williams whos best season has been a 7 TD season in 06.

Whoa what? I'm trying not to sound like a homer here but I think you either haven't watched Roy play or you have a false view of his play. He has great hands. Some of the best hands in the league. He rarely if every drops footballs. If Braylan Edwards or TO had the hands of Roy Williams.....goodness. It would be scary. Williams doesn't tell you he's great lol. Seriously are you making this stuff up?

And Moss was a cancer in Oakland was not playing very good football. He admitted to taking plays off lol. So of course a team isn't going to give a 1st rounder for a guy like that. Look at the Seahawks. They traded a 1st round pick for Deion Branch. Redskins traded a 2nd round pick for Jason Taylor. So I wouldn't use the Moss trade as a sign of what the value is for a pro bowl receiver. I do agree though. Lions ended up with a good deal. It didn't hurt the Cowboys though. We had too many draft picks and frankly we were going to draft a receiver anyway. So I look at it as if we drafted Roy Williams with our 1 next season. There's not a receiver as good as Roy in the draft so not a bad deal. Not to mention the picks will be late round picks anyway.

And the Cowboys didn't trade two 1sts for Roy. They only traded 1. A 1st , 3rd and 6th. Not bad for a team that has the Lions 3rd round pick and got a 5th for Pac-Man getting suspended.

K Train
12-03-2008, 02:08 AM
williams does not have good hands, he drops passes ALL THE TIME, i have watched him play and his "pro bowl" year was mediocre at best, 82 catches 1300 yards and 7 Tds. many lions fans arent gonna miss him just because hes got his huge ego and butterfingers, and he does make you think he is better than he really is. They got raped on the trade because hes simply not as good as he was in college

rocyaice
12-03-2008, 02:37 AM
williams does not have good hands, he drops passes ALL THE TIME, i have watched him play and his "pro bowl" year was mediocre at best, 82 catches 1300 yards and 7 Tds. many lions fans arent gonna miss him just because hes got his huge ego and butterfingers, and he does make you think he is better than he really is. They got raped on the trade because hes simply not as good as he was in college

1300 yards is mediocre now lol? Goodness. Are you a OU fan or something lol? Lions fans aren't going to miss him because Roy wanted out. He didn't want to play for the Lions. That's the only reason the Cowboys got him. If Roy wanted to be a Lion he'd still be one.

And once again you have to show me where Roy is this "butterfingers" because i'm not seeing it. Braylan Edwards has 16 Drops. Brandon Marshall has 9. TO has 7. Jason Witten has 5 drops. Roy Williams has 4 and the majority of those came in the Bears game.

Dean Denton
12-03-2008, 08:00 PM
I thought Roy Williams was a SS? When did he turn WR? And Roy sucks, and he cheats to break ankles.

rocyaice
12-03-2008, 08:13 PM
I thought Roy Williams was a SS? When did he turn WR? And Roy sucks, and he cheats to break ankles.

There's two Roy Williams. One is a safety who's out for the season and ones a receiver..............

Dean Denton
12-03-2008, 08:15 PM
There's two Roy Williams. One is a safety who's out for the season and ones a receiver.............. Are they related?

rocyaice
12-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Are they related?

Yea. This is there dad.....

http://tidedruid.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/roy-williams.jpg

BlitzburghNation
12-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Not that I want anyone to get hurt,but I think someone is gonna lay out T the Ho :popcorn: I was surprised Moss didn't get it last week,guess it went to welker instead !

Bet we'll see alot of dropped balls from hearing footsteps :haha:

Just hoping our offense has a good showing,which they've been coming along each week,,,,,,,I really hate the cowgirls & would hate to lose this game :beer1: