PDA

View Full Version : A MUST win for Dallas!!

LatrobePA
12-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Yep, they must win this game to even stand a chance to make the PO's. They lose they're out!!

Will this mean they play too hard and make mistakes???:thinking:

You can count on their D to be fired up, but can Romo & crew handle the COLD and our pass rush????

Can our O-line keep Ben upright? :crossfingers:

This game will be in Bens hands IMO!!!

rocyaice
12-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Not a must win IMO. The Cowboys HAVE to beat Eagles and Giants because they're in their division. If the Cowboys lose to the Steelers it will make things more difficult for them to get into the post season but not too much. I think going 2-2 in this stretch of games is respectable for the Cowboys. They'd like to go 3-1 or 4-0 but the competition is extremely tough. But must win? No not yet.

ejsteeler
12-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Its a must win if they want to rule their own destiny. they start losing and they have to hope others lose as well as they are not in the playoffs right now. That's probably what Latrobe was thinking.

rocyaice
12-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Its a must win if they want to rule their own destiny. they start losing and they have to hope others lose as well as they are not in the playoffs right now. That's probably what Latrobe was thinking.

He said the Cowboys need to win in order to have any chance of making the playoffs. That's what I disagreed with. Cowboys lose its not over by any means. Falcon's, Bucc's and Panthers are have to play each other so they're not going to win out.

steelerschick1220
12-02-2008, 12:54 PM
If the Pats and Boys both miss the playoffs, I will consider it a great source of pride that the Steelers had a part in making them both watch the playoffs from their living rooms.

ejsteeler
12-02-2008, 12:55 PM
He said the Cowboys need to win in order to have any chance of making the playoffs. That's what I disagreed with. Cowboys lose its not over by any means. Falcon's, Bucc's and Panthers are have to play each other so they're not going to win out.

All of them can lose one and the cowgirls will still be looking in from the outside. I hope they do not think it is a must win. Let them relax back on their laurels. It will make it that much easier to take them down.

rocyaice
12-02-2008, 01:16 PM
All of them can lose one and the cowgirls will still be looking in from the outside. I hope they do not think it is a must win. Let them relax back on their laurels. It will make it that much easier to take them down.

No they wouldn't lol. If the Falcons and Cowboys both lose this week than the Cowboys would take their spot in the wild card. That's why I said this game isn't a must-win. The only reason the Falcons are ahead of the Cowboys is because the Cowboys are 6-4 in their conference and the Falcons are 5-3. If the Falcons lose to the Saints and the Cowboys lose to a non division Steelers than the Cowboys would be in the wild card spot over the Cowboys.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Make no mistake the cowboys are fighting for a wildcard and they can probably stand to lose 1 out of the last 4 realistically as it stands now to be assured of a playoff spot. They'll be coming out with the idea of winning this game at all costs so we need to be on top of our game as well and not get behind or let them hang around.

Dallas is a good test for this team, they have playmakers all over the place.

One thing, I was talking to a diehard cowboys fan here at work, he was mentioning about how the Dallas line is susceptible to the pass rush and especially on the ends with speed rushers so that may work out well for Harrison and Wood especially. Romo is a very good escape artist so we can't let him get outside and start running around. The outside guys need to keep contain while the inside 3 get a push. If we can do that or at the very least flush him out of the pocket just enough to let the pursuit get there it will be a plus for us.

LatrobePA
12-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Make no mistake the cowboys are fighting for a wildcard and they can probably stand to lose 1 out of the last 4 realistically as it stands now to be assured of a playoff spot. They'll be coming out with the idea of winning this game at all costs so we need to be on top of our game as well and not get behind or let them hang around.

Dallas is a good test for this team, they have playmakers all over the place.

One thing, I was talking to a diehard cowboys fan here at work, he was mentioning about how the Dallas line is susceptible to the pass rush and especially on the ends with speed rushers so that may work out well for Harrison and Wood especially. Romo is a very good escape artist so we can't let him get outside and start running around. The outside guys need to keep contain while the inside 3 get a push. If we can do that or at the very least flush him out of the pocket just enough to let the pursuit get there it will be a plus for us.

Thank you!

champnation
12-02-2008, 02:18 PM
The way Romo plays when he gets pressure on him is terrible. I think we should be able to blitz enough and get pressure on him that he throws a few picks. The Dallas O-line is pretty slow and there strongest player in my opinion is Barber who I don't think stands too much of a chance against our run D. On the other side of the ball I think all we need to do is just stay balanced with run and pass and we should be fine. There defense isn't anything to worry about other than their D line.

steelcitysfinestXL
12-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Contain will be KEY like Top said. If you have watched Romo play like i do, there is something to be said about dudes ability to keep plays alive, then throw a 65 yard bomb with ease. We have to have Harrison and Wood get a hand on him or force him up the middle while the D line keeps their gap responsibility. Casey and Aaron are great at staying at home in the middle to take down qbs stepping up in the pocket.

--- Added 12/2/2008 at 02:30 PM ---

There defense isn't anything to worry about other than their D line.

Hate to argue with a steeler fan, but D.Ware has more sacks that Canty, Ellis and Ratliff combined!!! Not to mention more than Silverback... then again Troy has as many or more Ints than their whole team!!! You may just be right:thinking:

ejsteeler
12-02-2008, 03:32 PM
No they wouldn't lol. If the Falcons and Cowboys both lose this week than the Cowboys would take their spot in the wild card. That's why I said this game isn't a must-win. The only reason the Falcons are ahead of the Cowboys is because the Cowboys are 6-4 in their conference and the Falcons are 5-3. If the Falcons lose to the Saints and the Cowboys lose to a non division Steelers than the Cowboys would be in the wild card spot over the Cowboys.

:duh: I stand corrected. Somehow I had Atlanta's numbers different.
Still a must win for them though....:nahnah:

steelcitysfinestXL
12-02-2008, 03:35 PM
:duh: I stand corrected. Somehow I had Atlanta's numbers different.
Still a must win for them though....:nahnah:

lol, in a way you have a great point ... Im really not sure if Dallas can win out VS. PHI,NYG and BAL. if they were to lose to us... thats almost as bad as our remaining schedule with the way the Ratbirds are playing!

ejsteeler
12-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Absolutely. These are the games that will define our season. Strap in boys, it's going to get rough. :yesnod:

RW318
12-02-2008, 04:54 PM
The way Romo plays when he gets pressure on him is terrible. I think we should be able to blitz enough and get pressure on him that he throws a few picks. The Dallas O-line is pretty slow and there strongest player in my opinion is Barber who I don't think stands too much of a chance against our run D. On the other side of the ball I think all we need to do is just stay balanced with run and pass and we should be fine. There defense isn't anything to worry about other than their D line.

Are you serious? Most of Romos big plays come on plays where he gets pressure. You really need to check the Cowboys out before you keep going with this false sense lol.

I love the matchup the Cowboys defense is gonna have with the Steelers offense. Anthony Henry on Ward? I'll take a physical CB on a physical WR. Newman on Holmes.....Holmes doesn't exist as far as this game goes. Ware, Spencer and Ellis from the outsides....I'll take it. As long as the Cowboys safeties man up and play like they have been It will be a defensive struggle and I like the Cowboys chances of scoring on offense more than the Steelers.

Of course that crap they call a field (you know it's not good...not trying to start anything but there's nothing else I can use to decribe it that's as "nice") and the weather will be the biggest factors for both teams in this game.

It's far from a "must win" too. So if the Cowboys win out cept lose this game they'll be 11-5 sitting out?

Stlrs4Life
12-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Don't believe it is a must win for the Cowboys.

Dean Denton
12-02-2008, 05:20 PM
It wont help them to lose. The panthers, Bucs and falcons are ahead of them. A lose could force them to need help, and backing in to the playoffs is never a good thing. i think its a must win for them. but its not over if they lose. A lot can happen in 4 weeks.

rocyaice
12-02-2008, 06:03 PM
It wont help them to lose. The panthers, Bucs and falcons are ahead of them. A lose could force them to need help, and backing in to the playoffs is never a good thing. i think its a must win for them. but its not over if they lose. A lot can happen in 4 weeks.

Cowboys feel this is a must-win. Trust me they're going to give everything like its a playoff game. And the Falcons, Panthers and Buc's really don't factor because none of them can win out since they all play each other. Well I guess if one of them wins out. But Falcon's and Bucc's aren't going to get losses.

Steelersfan
12-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Are you serious? Most of Romos big plays come on plays where he gets pressure. You really need to check the Cowboys out before you keep going with this false sense lol.

I love the matchup the Cowboys defense is gonna have with the Steelers offense. Anthony Henry on Ward? I'll take a physical CB on a physical WR. Newman on Holmes.....Holmes doesn't exist as far as this game goes. Ware, Spencer and Ellis from the outsides....I'll take it. As long as the Cowboys safeties man up and play like they have been It will be a defensive struggle and I like the Cowboys chances of scoring on offense more than the Steelers.

Of course that crap they call a field (you know it's not good...not trying to start anything but there's nothing else I can use to decribe it that's as "nice") and the weather will be the biggest factors for both teams in this game.

It's far from a "must win" too. So if the Cowboys win out cept lose this game they'll be 11-5 sitting out?

Well, well. Look who came out of the closet!.........:lol:

rocyaice
12-02-2008, 06:09 PM

As a guy who's seen every game Romo has played to date I have to disagree here. Romo doesn't fold under pressure. I guess he gets that title because of that bobbled field goal attempt he caused but at quarterback he's always composed back there. Even if he's sacked. Actually he ends up throwing INT'S forcing balls to TO and Witten.

And you could be right about our defense. But the past 3 weeks or since Terrence Newman has returend the Cowboys have become solid. Its hard to tell how solid after facing the Redskins, 9ers and Seahawks but nonetheless they've done a solid job taking care of business defensively. Wade Phillips is calling play's on defense and ever since then the Cowboys have been sacking monsters. They went from 6th in the league 3 weeks ago to being 1 sack away from leading the league in sacks.

yinzer
12-02-2008, 09:48 PM

:troll2:

rocyaice
12-02-2008, 09:54 PM
:troll2:

That makes me a troll? Okay whatever. I guess. I would be offended by the term troll but not sure why I should be.

DIESELMAN
12-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Is Ware going to play? I heard he was day to day with a hyper extended left knee.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Ware is day to day as well as Barber but they'll play. Ware is the guy that can give Starks fits so I suspect they'll keep Miller, Spaeth, or use a RB to help out on that side to chip him if he starts to become an issue on Ben's blind side.

rocyaice
12-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Is Ware going to play? I heard he was day to day with a hyper extended left knee.

He'll play. Not sure how well though. Same goes for Barber. I expect a lot of carries from Tashard Choice. I think we sort of put ourselves in a hole by not bringing a running back in from the practice squad or free agency. We actually like Tashard Choice but after him there is no one. So I think everything points to Barber playing. I can't imagine the Cowboys just relying on Choice to go out there and get 30 carries. I expect atleast 10-15 though. Felix Jones getting hurt for the season really hurt the Cowboys. Injuries have not been kind at all. I guess its what the Cowboys deserve for always being healthy for so many years.

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-03-2008, 09:28 AM
The Cowboys will have to bring thier best game to leave our house with a win. I have no question in my mind that we will be ready for them!! Tomlin has been preaching December and January football since his inception. He Knows it , the whole squad knows it, Dallas should know it. If they look at this game as anything less than a must win,they are in some big-***-**** trouble. Make no mistake about that! I am not the least bit worried about our offense,or Ben getting sacked either. Over the past few games we have shown how to combat the pass rush that every team wants to inflict on Ben ,and our so called "suspect" o-line! The screen pass has been around longer than any of us. We have done a very nice job of making teams pay for thier philosophy that if you blitz Ben you can beat us. Dallas could very well become a victim of thier own game. I would not even be worried if they got the first score. Yes if i were a Dallas fan, i would consider this trip to Pittsburgh in December,not as a Chistmas vacation, but a game that if they get dismantled in our house, thier season may very well be futile. All you Dallas fans can take that to the bank!!! Steel Power!!!!!!!!:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

JensK
12-03-2008, 09:49 AM

You can be certain, that if there is any possibility that he can play, he will. Dallas defence can't effort not too have him around. He won't be 100 % at all though,which will help a lot. I forsee a lot of 3 TE set-ups wherever Ware will line up :P

Dean Denton
12-03-2008, 12:37 PM
If Ware is hurt I'm sure he will be in there anyways. Maybe it will be a good match up for our OL if he is slowed down a bit. It sure does help us a lot to have him slow though. Not that it would matter anyways. They might say he's hurt, but I bet he's fine. Jones didn't land on him that hard anyways.

DBR96A
12-03-2008, 01:41 PM
If the Cowboys lose this one, they'll have to win out to be assured of a playoff berth. Even a 10-6 record is cutting it close.

Dean Denton
12-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Then it looks like the Cowboys will be cutting it close because I think they get beat down in the Steel city. At first I thought that they might be better on Off then the Pats but I dont anymore. I dont think Romo is any better then Cassel, and the OL might be on the same level. The pats have good pass protection, and those guys have been playing well all year. Hence Cassel having some good games. We are starting to look beter...Knock on wood....so lets just roll baby...

rocyaice
12-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Then it looks like the Cowboys will be cutting it close because I think they get beat down in the Steel city. At first I thought that they might be better on Off then the Pats but I dont anymore. I dont think Romo is any better then Cassel, and the OL might be on the same level. The pats have good pass protection, and those guys have been playing well all year. Hence Cassel having some good games. We are starting to look beter...Knock on wood....so lets just roll baby...

I hope the Steelers don't go into the game thinking that Cassel is as good as Romo lol. Romo is as good as advertised. The only reason the offensive numbers are what they are is because of Bad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger. They put up a couple of stinkers and couldn't put up more than 9 or 14 points. So the stats are a bit skewed. But most importantly when Romo has been healthy the Cowboys are 7-1. About the o-line I don't know. Patriots o-line has been more consistent. The Cowboys o-line has gone through some injuries and as has been inconsistent. When the o-line is on and they've been the past 2 weeks they're one of not the best in the league. Its going to be a good game. I don't expect either team to get blown out. Of course I think the 'Boys will win lol. Its going to be a battle though. I hope so anyway. Out of respect to the past Steeler and Cowboy meetings.

Dean Denton
12-03-2008, 03:15 PM
It should be good, but I think our Def is just a little better then Seattle. Call me crazy, but I just think that way...lol We are starting to hit our peak, and should deliver a KO blow to the cocky Cowboys. this is one of those games that if we dont beat ourselves, we should walk all over these guys. They wont run, we know this, and if they are forced to be one dimensional with Romo pulling the trigger we should and will crush these guys....IMO

LatrobePA
12-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Didn't Homo lose to the Rams?

yinzer
12-03-2008, 03:34 PM

LOL. exactly! i just hope the newbie cowgirls fan comes back after we shalack homo.

rocyaice
12-03-2008, 03:50 PM

Hard to do that when he got hurt in the Cardinals game which was right before the Rams game.

--- Added 12/3/2008 at 02:48 PM ---

LOL. exactly! i just hope the newbie cowgirls fan comes back after we shalack homo.

Not a newbie. Been a fan for 20 years. New to the site though. I'll be here after the game. Will probably stop by during the game if you guys have Gameday threads.

--- Added 12/3/2008 at 02:50 PM ---

It should be good, but I think our Def is just a little better then Seattle. Call me crazy, but I just think that way...lol We are starting to hit our peak, and should deliver a KO blow to the cocky Cowboys. this is one of those games that if we dont beat ourselves, we should walk all over these guys. They wont run, we know this, and if they are forced to be one dimensional with Romo pulling the trigger we should and will crush these guys....IMO

Yea the Cowboys haven't faced a defense liked the Steelers this season. Going to be a little harder to put up 30 points against them but when on all cylinders I like this offense against any defense in the league including the Steelers.

JensK
12-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Hard to do that when he got hurt in the Cardinals game which was right before the Rams game.

--- Added 12/3/2008 at 02:48 PM ---

Not a newbie. Been a fan for 20 years. New to the site though. I'll be here after the game. Will probably stop by during the game if you guys have Gameday threads.

--- Added 12/3/2008 at 02:50 PM ---

Yea the Cowboys haven't faced a defense liked the Steelers this season. Going to be a little harder to put up 30 points against them but when on all cylinders I like this offense against any defense in the league including the Steelers.

No way in hell you guys are going to put up 30 points against Steelers.. I called it! If you put up more than 24 i'll be impressed..

Dean Denton
12-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Everything has changed now if we have to go with Lefty. Now the game becomes a blow out. Steelers win by 23 or 28 points if Lefty is the QB.

rocyaice
12-03-2008, 06:17 PM
No way in hell you guys are going to put up 30 points against Steelers.. I called it! If you put up more than 24 i'll be impressed..

Well I predicted a 14-10 type score on Sunday. You may disagree but I think this offense is the best the Steelers has faced thus far. Stats say otherwise I know but the stats are skewed somewhat. Don't be surprised if the Cowboys offense makes the Steelers defense look pedestrian.

Lons
12-03-2008, 06:31 PM

I agree, I am predicting 17 for us and 9 for you guys. If the weather is gonna be as crappy as they are calling for it is gonna be a low scoring game regardless and with both our defenses clicking like they are. It is gonna come down to who wants it more. I know Dallas wants to go to the play offs really bad and you guys are going already. Mentalities will play a huge role in this game. I just hope Wade doesn't pull a Tom Coghlin and get frost bite on his face.

Here is to an injury free on both sides of the ball ball game Sunday guys and may it not come down to any hookie penaltys on either side!!

Dean Denton
12-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Where did all these Poo Butt *** Clown Cowboy fans come from? I know everyone wants to play the Steelers because we are all ways the Sexy pick for the SB, but good lord. My skin is starting to crawl. Bad enough my nephew is a Cowboys fan. and my Ex-wife. You guys are like roaches or herpes. You pop up all over the place when your not wanted...lol

Lons
12-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Where did all these Poo Butt *** Clown Cowboy fans come from? I know everyone wants to play the Steelers because we are all ways the Sexy pick for the SB, but good lord. My skin is starting to crawl. Bad enough my nephew is a Cowboys fan. and my Ex-wife. You guys are like roaches or herpes. You pop up all over the place when your not wanted...lol

I was just browsing by here to see what you folks had to say about the score and wanted to agree with a Steelers fan. I think the score will be low, crappy weather and two good defenses say that. As far as Steelers always being the sexy pick for the Super Bowl, I think you are really saying a lot about how great a team you have, whether or not it is true, it is good to see good fans.

Again, here is to an injury free game!!

DBR96A
12-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Here's how I see it: if the Steelers score 14 or less, they lose. If they score 28 or more, they win. Any score in between, and it could go either way. I don't see the Cowboys scoring a whole bunch against us, considering that the most any team has scored against us this season is 24 -- and we gave them a pair of short fields thanks to two turnovers.

If the Redskins could hold them to 14, then I don't see why we can't.

DIESELMAN
12-03-2008, 09:58 PM
No matter what, it should be a great game. We do have the #1 D in the league, playing in our house with our kind of weather. Dallas can be run on, we can't. Not saying, its going to be a blowout but then again, we play our style of football, our D comes to play, its going to be a tough road for the Cowboys.

Reg
12-04-2008, 10:10 AM
by thelandryhat
blogger star

The Pittsburgh Steelers defense is really that good.

The Steelers, who lead the league with 42 sacks (two more than the Dallas Cowboys), havenít allowed anyone to rush for 100 yards all year. That even includes the game against the NFLís best running team, the New York Giants, who were held to 83 yards on the ground. The NFL average is about 114 yards per game. But keep in mind that the Giants WON THE GAME 21-14. We will get to that later.

The Steelers defense also has not allowed more than 300 yards passing. Tony Romo has thrown for more than 300 yards in every game since his return.

If you remember in the Giants-Steelers game, the Steelers dominated the Giants for most of the game, but fell apart late. Ben Roethlisberger threw four interceptions. The Steelers were1-of-14 on third and fourth downs. They converted just 1 of 10 third-down attempts and failed on all four fourth-down attempts. The game also had a bizarre safety and numerous backup players starting for injured players on the Steelers. And they still almost won, and they probably should have won. With backups.
They are that good.

So, what are the Steelers bad at? Punting and penalties. The Steelers are last in the NFL with 39 yards a punt. They also have more penalty yards than each of their opponents.

If we assume that the Steelers defense is going to come prepared and perform as usual, the Dallas Cowboys will have to rely on field position and mistakes to win this game. The Steelers are just a better overall team chiefly because of their secondary and overall defense. The Cowboys are nothing to laugh at defensively, but their secondaries do not compare.

We have to assume that the Cowboys will have a real difficult time rushing the ball no matter who is back there. Since the Steelers have never given up 300 yards in the air, we can assume Tony Romo will be held to under 300 yards, which has helped the Cowboys win three games in a row.

But the Cowboys can capitalize on good field position, an average of 19 extra yards after a punt. They can also capitalize on Steelers mistakes, including penalties on third downs that keep drives alive. In fact, the Cowboys MUST capitalize on what the Steelers do regularly. They have a lot of penalties that keep drives alive and they punt poorly.

So on those two times, hypothetically, when the Cowboys start on their 45 yard line, they have to get points on the board. And when the Steelers have a penalty when the Cowboys are driving to score, the Cowboys must put points on the board.

Oftentimes, the Steelers have made these errors, but the other teams did not capitalize on those errors. The Giants did. And they won.

Dean Denton
12-04-2008, 02:47 PM
I was just browsing by here to see what you folks had to say about the score and wanted to agree with a Steelers fan. I think the score will be low, crappy weather and two good defenses say that. As far as Steelers always being the sexy pick for the Super Bowl, I think you are really saying a lot about how great a team you have, whether or not it is true, it is good to see good fans.

Again, here is to an injury free game!!
Over the last 16 or 17 years for the most part the Steelers have put a team on the field that could compete for the AFC crown with a legitimate chance of going to the SB. No other team in either conference can make that claim more the the mighty Steelers. So they are a Sexy pick for the SB every year, not because I think so, but because they just are. When they have a bad year, and they have had them, it comes as a shock, but its been because of injuries, not lack of skill or commitment. They never just stink because what they put on the field is crap.

Captcoolhand
12-04-2008, 04:14 PM
:2cents: The only way/reason Dallas beats the Steelers this week is because we beat ourselves........

The Steelers have all the Tools to come into this game and walk away with a W. :stirpot:

Dean Denton
12-04-2008, 04:18 PM
:2cents: The only way/reason Dallas beats the Steelers this week is because we beat ourselves........

The Steelers have all the Tools to come into this game and walk away with a W. :stirpot: Thats what I saind. And not only should we win, but it should be by a few scores. but you never know if Ben is going to spot them 7 or 14, so its up in the air.

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-04-2008, 05:19 PM
How did the Cowboys fair against the Giants this year? We are used to losers coming to this site to try and get a low-down on the mentality of our awesome team. Right fellas?

Dean Denton
12-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Thats what I have seen so far. When I got here there was that Browns Troll, that never came back after week 2.

Troyisabeast_43
12-04-2008, 05:49 PM
by thelandryhat
blogger star

The Pittsburgh Steelers defense is really that good.

The Steelers, who lead the league with 42 sacks (two more than the Dallas Cowboys), havenít allowed anyone to rush for 100 yards all year. That even includes the game against the NFLís best running team, the New York Giants, who were held to 83 yards on the ground. The NFL average is about 114 yards per game. But keep in mind that the Giants WON THE GAME 21-14. We will get to that later.

The Steelers defense also has not allowed more than 300 yards passing. Tony Romo has thrown for more than 300 yards in every game since his return.

If you remember in the Giants-Steelers game, the Steelers dominated the Giants for most of the game, but fell apart late. Ben Roethlisberger threw four interceptions. The Steelers were1-of-14 on third and fourth downs. They converted just 1 of 10 third-down attempts and failed on all four fourth-down attempts. The game also had a bizarre safety and numerous backup players starting for injured players on the Steelers. And they still almost won, and they probably should have won. With backups.
They are that good.

So, what are the Steelers bad at? Punting and penalties. The Steelers are last in the NFL with 39 yards a punt. They also have more penalty yards than each of their opponents.

If we assume that the Steelers defense is going to come prepared and perform as usual, the Dallas Cowboys will have to rely on field position and mistakes to win this game. The Steelers are just a better overall team chiefly because of their secondary and overall defense. The Cowboys are nothing to laugh at defensively, but their secondaries do not compare.

We have to assume that the Cowboys will have a real difficult time rushing the ball no matter who is back there. Since the Steelers have never given up 300 yards in the air, we can assume Tony Romo will be held to under 300 yards, which has helped the Cowboys win three games in a row.

But the Cowboys can capitalize on good field position, an average of 19 extra yards after a punt. They can also capitalize on Steelers mistakes, including penalties on third downs that keep drives alive. In fact, the Cowboys MUST capitalize on what the Steelers do regularly. They have a lot of penalties that keep drives alive and they punt poorly.

So on those two times, hypothetically, when the Cowboys start on their 45 yard line, they have to get points on the board. And when the Steelers have a penalty when the Cowboys are driving to score, the Cowboys must put points on the board.

Oftentimes, the Steelers have made these errors, but the other teams did not capitalize on those errors. The Giants did. And they won.

Great article here by this blogger he hits the nail on the head with everything especially the paragraph where he talks about how the Steelers dominated the Giants with backup players in the lineup and still almost won and probably should have won. I agree completely that once again much like it will every single game the rest of the season here and that includes playoffs, that the game will ultimately come down to how Ben performs and if he does not make mistakes and give the Cowboys the game. If the Steelers offense doesnt turn the ball over and plays efficient most of the game without a lot of mistakes with the way this defense is playing, and how the Steelers dominated the Giants who are a much better team then the Cowboys like this guy pointed out, the Steelers should win this game if the D shows up which it will and Ben and the offense along with Arians calling the plays doesnt find a way to screw it up somehow...

Steelersfan
12-04-2008, 06:03 PM
How did the Cowboys fair against the Giants this year? We are used to losers coming to this site to try and get a low-down on the mentality of our awesome team. Right fellas?

Thats what I have seen so far. When I got here there was that Browns Troll, that never came back after week 2.

There are plenty of fans from other teams that have been here a long time and are good members, and to be honest there have been very few trolls that have come along to SA.
Most of the Cowboy fans that come to SA have been respectful and made good quality posts so to just call everyone that is a fan of another team or a Cowboys fan a troll is stupid.

Dean Denton
12-04-2008, 06:22 PM
There are plenty of fans from other teams that have been here a long time and are good members, and to be honest there have been very few trolls that have come along to SA.
Most of the Cowboy fans that come to SA have been respectful and made good quality posts so to just call everyone that is a fan of another team or a Cowboys fan a troll is stupid.There are 31 other teams in the NFL, then there is the Steelers. Thats all I care about. I could get a flying pile about any of the teams and their fans. To me they are Trolls. In the end they will take cheap shots, and try and bash the Steelers out of jealousy and rage. Not to say that all of them are rude, but the one I called a troll was that Browns fan. He was a retard, and sorry, but most NFC fans are too. Thats why they root for the NFC.....lol

Steelersfan
12-04-2008, 06:58 PM
One of those Browns fans was a troll I'll give ya that. Most Browns fans are for the most part......lol

Dean Denton
12-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Yeah, there not all Trolls, just the ones that come in talking trash, then never come back again when they lose.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Great article here by this blogger he hits the nail on the head with everything especially the paragraph where he talks about how the Steelers dominated the Giants with backup players in the lineup and still almost won and probably should have won. I agree completely that once again much like it will every single game the rest of the season here and that includes playoffs, that the game will ultimately come down to how Ben performs and if he does not make mistakes and give the Cowboys the game. If the Steelers offense doesnt turn the ball over and plays efficient most of the game without a lot of mistakes with the way this defense is playing, and how the Steelers dominated the Giants who are a much better team then the Cowboys like this guy pointed out, the Steelers should win this game if the D shows up which it will and Ben and the offense along with Arians calling the plays doesnt find a way to screw it up somehow...

Hopefully our punting woes are behind now that Ernster is gone; I look for that area of the team to improve. DSep being gone was a huge loss for this team but Berger has done the best he can and he's money with the directional kicking and still has enough left in that leg to get us out of tight jams for the rest of this year.

That is the key for this offense; don't turn the ball over and give them a short field. If they can just move the chains, score when they get the chance in the red zone instead of just settling for FG's they should be ok. Make no mistake though Ben is going to have be on and play efficient for us to win even with our top flight defense. As long as we stay away from putting them in bad situations due to turnovers I like our chances.

JensK
12-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Hopefully our punting woes are behind now that Ernster is gone; I look for that area of the team to improve. DSep being gone was a huge loss for this team but Berger has done the best he can and he's money with the directional kicking and still has enough left in that leg to get us out of tight jams for the rest of this year.

That is the key for this offense; don't turn the ball over and give them a short field. If they can just move the chains, score when they get the chance in the red zone instead of just settling for FG's they should be ok. Make no mistake though Ben is going to have be on and play efficient for us to win even with our top flight defense. As long as we stay away from putting them in bad situations due to turnovers I like our chances.

Berger needs all the credit he can get. He have been doing all he could, and them some. He actually punted pretty well against Patriots. He is not great, but he is doing his job, and we would have been screwed without him.. big time! Also, notice that he is always smiling. He really seems like a nice guy. He is always around cheering up ppl, and as i said. Always happy (or so it appears).

I also agree that FP is going to be important in this game. I think the most important thing is to stay ahead. Make Romo go out and throw all the time. Make them one dimensional. As long as we can control the ball and make them chase us, we should be golden. For this to succeed we'll need our secondaries to play one heck of a game. They need to be all over Romo's recievers all the time, and lay out a bunch of Clark vs Welker hits.

Dean Denton
12-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I agree. dont turn it over and give up the short field like we did agianst the Colts. too hard to over come those mistakes when they put up the points. I cant see Dallas running on us at all. I in no way think Romo will beat the Steelers just on his own, and if he does then I stand corrected.