PDA

View Full Version : Key matchups for Cowboys game

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Our Secondary vs TO, Crayton, & Williams - if there was ever a time that we need McFadden back it's this coming weekend. We're going to need him, Ike, and Deshea to cover these three and our Safeties are going to be in a lot of tackling if the pass rush doesn't get there.

Our LB's and Safeties vs Witten - the dude is such a big target with great hands and hard to bring down. if you match a LB up on it one on one that's a matchup you are going to lose atleast 50% of the time under normal circumstances so they're going to have to watch the middle of the field like a hawk and crowd that intermediate stuff when they can to slow him down. He is Romo's safety valve.

Pass rush vs Cowboys OL - this is where we win or lose the game. If we can get to Romo and pressure him we'll be ok but if we don't and we allow him time to see the field, scramble around at will and just generally don't get pressure it's going to be tough. Our DB's are good but they can't cover everybody all day long so just like always our pass rush has got be on in a big way this weekend. We need Casey, A. Smith, and Kirschke along with the reserves to get a good push and not let Romo get comfortable.

Steeler front 7 vs Barber - Dallas 16th in the league in rushing so they aren't great but they aren't bad either. Barber is banged up but if he gets going he can be hard to stop so the run D needs to stay stoudt and not over persue. If they do that we could end up having another Kevin Faulk thing going down again. I like our chances vs the Dallas run game, they don't scare you too much and we're the best vs the run but still you have to be careful and take care of business.

Our OL vs Cowboys DL - again this is where we win or lose. Ware and his counterparts are big on pressure and they all have good motors so our guys are going to have to be on their game and give Ben time along with opening holes for FWP and Moore. I think our run blocking can open holes once they get going but it's imperative that Ben has time to see the field and I'd like to see him role out alittle more and avoid that pass rush as much as he can.

Hines and Holmes are going to have to get open and not allow themselves to get swallowed up and I think Heath could have a big game. Both he and Spaeth could be the x factors in this one.

Romo isn't afraid of a pass rush but if you get pressure on him he'll make some errants throws and bad decisions so our guys have to keep doing what their doing. If you give him time he'll pick us apart. This should be a great game all around I think and another real good test of where this team is.

Troyisabeast_43
12-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Our Secondary vs TO, Crayton, & Williams - if there was ever a time that we need McFadden back it's this coming weekend. We're going to need him, Ike, and Deshea to cover these three and our Safeties are going to be in a lot of tackling if the pass rush doesn't get there.

Our LB's and Safeties vs Witten - the dude is such a big target with great hands and hard to bring down. if you match a LB up on it one on one that's a matchup you are going to lose atleast 50% of the time under normal circumstances so they're going to have to watch the middle of the field like a hawk and crowd that intermediate stuff when they can to slow him down. He is Romo's safety valve.

Pass rush vs Cowboys OL - this is where we win or lose the game. If we can get to Romo and pressure him we'll be ok but if we don't and we allow him time to see the field, scramble around at will and just generally don't get pressure it's going to be tough. Our DB's are good but they can't cover everybody all day long so just like always our pass rush has got be on in a big way this weekend. We need Casey, A. Smith, and Kirschke along with the reserves to get a good push and not let Romo get comfortable.

Steeler front 7 vs Barber - Dallas 16th in the league in rushing so they aren't great but they aren't bad either. Barber is banged up but if he gets going he can be hard to stop so the run D needs to stay stoudt and not over persue. If they do that we could end up having another Kevin Faulk thing going down again. I like our chances vs the Dallas run game, they don't scare you too much and we're the best vs the run but still you have to be careful and take care of business.

Our OL vs Cowboys DL - again this is where we win or lose. Ware and his counterparts are big on pressure and they all have good motors so our guys are going to have to be on their game and give Ben time along with opening holes for FWP and Moore. I think our run blocking can open holes once they get going but it's imperative that Ben has time to see the field and I'd like to see him role out alittle more and avoid that pass rush as much as he can.

Hines and Holmes are going to have to get open and not allow themselves to get swallowed up and I think Heath could have a big game. Both he and Spaeth could be the x factors in this one.

Romo isn't afraid of a pass rush but if you get pressure on him he'll make some errants throws and bad decisions so our guys have to keep doing what their doing. If you give him time he'll pick us apart. This should be a great game all around I think and another real good test of where this team is.

A couple big injuries for the Cowboys here early in the week Demarcus Ware who leads the NFL in sacks with 15, and Marion Barber the Cowboys all-pro running back both didnot practice today and are listed as day to day this week after both got pretty banged up in the Cowboys Thanksgiving Day win over the Seattle Seahawks. If both of these guys dont play or do play and arent at 100 percent that is a big big deal I believe in this game because both Ware and Barber are key components for how well the Cowboys perform when they play each week.

--- Added 12/1/2008 at 04:34 PM ---

I agree with you TG McFadden had better be back in there this week if he is ready to go. No more holding him out or saving him. I heard he could have played yesterday against the Pats but luckily we didnt need him. For this game against the Cowboys the Steelers most definitely are going to need him in there. I agree with you also that the Steelers defense is going to have to be able to get to Tony Romo and force him to make mistakes and throw some picks. The Cowboys have too many weapons on offense TO,Witten, and Roy Williams that if you dont get to Romo and he has time to find these guys he will most definitely do it. If you get to Romo he has a very good tendency to fumble a lot so if Harrison and Woodley can get to him like they did Cassel this week you can take it to the bank that Romo is going to cough it up once or twice. The key in this game will be getting the lead early on and playing with it and force the Cowboys to throw the ball everytime they have it. If the Steelers defense can shut down Peyton Manning like they did for most of the game when the Colts played here, I believe they can shut down Romo and this Cowboys offense but it isnt going to be easy that's for sure.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2008, 07:19 PM
I have no doubt we have the ability to shut down Romo or atleast keep him from making enough big plays to win, it's just a matter of doing it. I like our chances on defense against anybody in the league. Romo when he is hot is as good as there is but then again so is Eli and Manning and we shut them down enough to win but couldn't pull it off. Now we need to seal the deal. Romo is mobile so that's something we're going to have to be aware of. Most QB's we face are not the most mobile guys in the league so Lebeau is going to have to prepare for that too.

The key like we said is pressure, that will take care of the DB's not having to cover so long on plays and also keep that running game in check.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Romo is over-rated......I have him on some of my fantasy teams but I still think he is over-rated.....He doesn't like pressure at all which was evident when the Cards put all kinds of heat on Romo......Like 43 mentioned Romo is a fumble machine and our LB's have caused many fumbles this year (especially Harrison).......I'm not worried about the Cowboys at all......Even if McFadden doesn't play again this week.....Now I'm some what concerned about DeMarcus Ware since he one of the best defensive players in the league and will be going against Max Starks but still I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers win this one by double digits.....Call me crazy......

Troyisabeast_43
12-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Romo is over-rated......I have him on some of my fantasy teams but I still think he is over-rated.....He doesn't like pressure at all which was evident when the Cards put all kinds of heat on Romo......Like 43 mentioned Romo is a fumble machine and our LB's have caused many fumbles this year (especially Harrison).......I'm not worried about the Cowboys at all......Even if McFadden doesn't play again this week.....Now I'm some what concerned about DeMarcus Ware since he one of the best defensive players in the league and will be going against Max Starks but still I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers win this one by double digits.....Call me crazy......

If the Steelers offense and Ben are on this game and playing at a high level and get the lead early on in this game I think the Steelers can win this game I wont say easily but comfortably. Dallas is the kind of football team if you watch them this year like I have if they get behind early in games especially on the road, they tend to start falling apart and you really start to see a lot of dissension on the sidelines especially when it comes to Terrell Owens pissing and moaning. If he is not getting the ball and Romo is getting sacked and fumbling the ball and the line is not protecting Romo I dont see anyway how they are going to recover from that playing on the road here in Pittsburgh facing a hostile crowd that is really going to be into this game. I was at the Giants game and the crowd was awesome and so loud for that game and probably the loudest Heinz Field has been all season for any game. I expect it to be just as loud as it was for the Giants game if not worse this week. And if Dallas is behind in this game there is just no way I can see them overcoming that because they are not a very high character team...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-01-2008, 08:26 PM
If the Steelers offense and Ben are on this game and playing at a high level and get the lead early on in this game I think the Steelers can win this game I wont say easily but comfortably. Dallas is the kind of football team if you watch them this year like I have if they get behind early in games especially on the road, they tend to start falling apart and you really start to see a lot of dissension on the sidelines especially when it comes to Terrell Owens pissing and moaning. If he is not getting the ball and Romo is getting sacked and fumbling the ball and the line is not protecting Romo I dont see anyway how they are going to recover from that playing on the road here in Pittsburgh facing a hostile crowd that is really going to be into this game. I was at the Giants game and the crowd was awesome and so loud for that game and probably the loudest Heinz Field has been all season for any game. I expect it to be just as loud as it was for the Giants game if not worse this week. And if Dallas is behind in this game there is just no way I can see them overcoming that because they are not a very high character team...

You summed up the Cowboys in a nut shell and I agree.......You know me I'm usually not to over confident and don't get to ahead of myself....But I love the Steelers in this football game....27-17 Steelers......Trust I'm not thinking it will be 35-3 land slide just a game the Steelers will control and win by double digits......

NCSteeler
12-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Shouldn't our Oline be better trained to face a 3-4 d then the Giants/Eagles/Colts 4-3?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Considering our offense was able to move the ball and our D was able to stick it to Belichick who also runs a 34 and runs it as good as anyone next to Lebeau we are certainly well trained enough to handle anything Dallas can throw at us in terms of scheme and what not. It's just a matter of execution in all 3 phases. If this is a close game in the 2nd half I look for the special teams to maybe make another big play; some type of turnover, pinning the dallas offense deep, etc.

Troyisabeast_43
12-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Considering our offense was able to move the ball and our D was able to stick it to Belichick who also runs a 34 and runs it as good as anyone next to Lebeau we are certainly well trained enough to handle anything Dallas can throw at us in terms of scheme and what not. It's just a matter of execution in all 3 phases. If this is a close game in the 2nd half I look for the special teams to maybe make another big play; some type of turnover, pinning the dallas offense deep, etc.

You might be right here again TG with the Special Teams stepping it up again and making a huge play in the game that makes the difference between turning the game one way or another. This game with the Cowboys this week is a lot like the Colts and Giants game that were played here in a lot of ways. The Steelers are good enough on defense to hold the Cowboys in check on offense, but much like the Giants game and especially the Colts game if the Steelers have the Cowboys on the ropes in this game much like I believe they will at some point, and they dont put the game away when they get the chance and Ben throws a couple interceptions or the offense has to keep settling for 3 instead of putting up 7 in the red zone, then this Cowboys offense is good enough if you give them some life that at some point they will come back and bite you. We have seen Tony Romo in his career many times comeback late in the 4th quarter if he is given some life and an opportunity to do so and win many games.

So the bottom line with this game is the Steelers had better put the Cowboys away in this game unlike the games with the Colts and Giants or the same exact thing is going to happen in this game I believe that happened in those games. This Cowboys team is not great but they are a good enough football team that if you let them hang around and let them off the hook they are going to make you pay at some point. The Steelers just need to make sure that they dont put themselves in that position again...

rocyaice
12-01-2008, 10:33 PM

I'm a Cowboy fan so yea I know i'm probably not welcomed around these parts but i'm not here to start any trouble just to talk football. And I may have to disagree with you a bit on this. Cowboys have lost 4 games. Once to the Giants which was a blow out simply because we due to bad field position by our quarterbacks Bollinger and Brad Johnson, another loss was to the Rams.....which I won't give sole responsbility to Brad for that but overall just a horrible game by both teams.

But the other 2 losses where to the Redskins where we came back after a dreadful 3 quarters to where we came just a catch away on a onside kick to possibly winning that game. The Cardinals game is where we also fought back to go into OT where Romo got hurt. So I disagree with you about us folding the tent. This team has a lot of fight in them. I don't expect a shootout this week though. A injured Romo was good for 3 td's and 300 yards a game. I think in Pittsburgh a healthier Romo with the splint off his pinky is going to struggle. I don't think he's faced such weather conditions to date. We're going to have to rely on the defense to win this. I expect a lot of blitzing from Ken Hamlin and Bradie James. Ware, Spencer and Ellis are going to all attack as well.

Troyisabeast_43
12-01-2008, 11:25 PM
I'm a Cowboy fan so yea I know i'm probably not welcomed around these parts but i'm not here to start any trouble just to talk football. And I may have to disagree with you a bit on this. Cowboys have lost 4 games. Once to the Giants which was a blow out simply because we due to bad field position by our quarterbacks Bollinger and Brad Johnson, another loss was to the Rams.....which I won't give sole responsbility to Brad for that but overall just a horrible game by both teams.

But the other 2 losses where to the Redskins where we came back after a dreadful 3 quarters to where we came just a catch away on a onside kick to possibly winning that game. The Cardinals game is where we also fought back to go into OT where Romo got hurt. So I disagree with you about us folding the tent. This team has a lot of fight in them. I don't expect a shootout this week though. A injured Romo was good for 3 td's and 300 yards a game. I think in Pittsburgh a healthier Romo with the splint off his pinky is going to struggle. I don't think he's faced such weather conditions to date. We're going to have to rely on the defense to win this. I expect a lot of blitzing from Ken Hamlin and Bradie James. Ware, Spencer and Ellis are going to all attack as well.

I dont expect the Cowboys to fold the tent if you see my post above after the one you replied too you will see I complimented the Cowboys and Romo for all the comebacks that he has generated in his short time there as the Cowboys starting QB. However, I dont think the Cowboys will be able to come back in this game against the Steelers in Pittsburgh if they are trailing by 10 or more points late like they did against the Redskins and Cardinals unless Ben and this Steelers offense makes mistakes and turns the ball over and gives the Cowboys a short field much like they did in the Colts and Giants games. This Steelers defense is too good, and as you mentioned in bad weather and in bad throwing the ball weather which is probably what it will be like here on Sunday, I just dont see Dallas being able to overcome too big of deficit at Heinz Field facing that Steelers defense with as well as they have been playing and the crowd at Heinz Field which will be as loud as it was for the Giants game.

rocyaice
12-02-2008, 12:31 AM
You could be right. If the Cowboys are going to win I expect a 10-6 type score or a 14-10. Its the only way IMO. I just don't see a shootout. We just lost Kyle Kosier for the season and we've had problems at left guard in his departure but Montrae Holland did a solid job last game which makes me wonder why he wasn't in there to begin with. Flozell "I get a false start penalty every game" Adams is going to have have his A game on Sunday. Anything less will be a loss.

Offensively I think Steelers have a respectable offense but aside of Holmes I don't think anyone poses a threat to our defense. Usually the fast receivers are what have given the Cowboys problems in Newman's absense. Since his return the defense has been more solid and the secondary looks respectable again.

Should be a good one.

ToothAche
12-02-2008, 01:05 AM

and there it is..............................the weather is going to cost Romo the loss.

rocyaice
12-02-2008, 01:16 AM
and there it is..............................the weather is going to cost Romo the loss.

Well i've learned by watching the NFL everything that's suppose to happen never does lol. Unless it involves the Lions lol. The only way the Cowboys are going to win is from a collective team effort. We just need Romo to not lose us this game. I think one thing that will be in the Cowboys favor is that Roethlisberger has been sacked 33 times this season and the Cowboys arguably are one of the best pass rushing teams in the league along with the Steelers.

JensK
12-02-2008, 04:13 AM
Well i've learned by watching the NFL everything that's suppose to happen never does lol. Unless it involves the Lions lol. The only way the Cowboys are going to win is from a collective team effort. We just need Romo to not lose us this game. I think one thing that will be in the Cowboys favor is that Roethlisberger has been sacked 33 times this season and the Cowboys arguably are one of the best pass rushing teams in the league along with the Steelers.

Indeed, however our o-line have been playing MUCH better the last few games, and big ben have started to get rid of the ball. Honestly im not to scared of the Dallas pass rush, but obviously it could end up being a problem for the steelers. We'll see if De'ware is back. A lot lays on his shoulders imho

steelcitysfinestXL
12-02-2008, 09:08 AM
I expect a lot of blitzing from Ken Hamlin and Bradie James.

Not to start shiat... but i think that would REALLY play right into our hands. This season we have had problems with teams who are able to get pressure when rushing 4 or five. Ben, finally, is finding a rhythym in hot routes. I also would have to disagree with Holmes being our only speed threat. Nate is bar-none our fastest WR and OFTEN gets separation on interemediate/deep routes. IF, Ware, Canty and Co. cant get consistant pressure, i love the match-up of Ward/Holems/Washington vs. Henry/Newman/Scandrick or Safetey.

Miller is ALMOST the weapon Witten is, and i say that as a HUGE J-Witten fan. Just the fact Romo uses Witten way more than we use Miller. I just dont see ANY of your backers being able to cover him in the 3 wr bunch/single set... he is DEF. our most under-rated player on offense. I just really like our passing match-up against "the Boys" ASLONG AS WE CAN CONTAIN THE PASS RUSH!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Romo is the kind of QB that pull a comeback out of an apparent loss if you let them hang around and he gets enough time to make a few plays down the field. You have to put this team away and the weather will certainly help us a lot in Pittsburgh in terms of keeping any deep threat from being implemented on a regular basis and allowing us to crowd the short to intermediate range all day long and force them to march down the field and get hit time and time again. If we can do that and keep it up it all day it will wear on the dallas WR's and Romo and that's when you get mistakes.

It's all about doing what we have been on defense plain and simple but also having this offense put the TD's on the board every chance we get.

rocyaice
12-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Indeed, however our o-line have been playing MUCH better the last few games, and big ben have started to get rid of the ball. Honestly im not to scared of the Dallas pass rush, but obviously it could end up being a problem for the steelers. We'll see if De'ware is back. A lot lays on his shoulders imho

Yea. Ware is a warrior. I expect for him to play but how well? I don't know.

Not to start shiat... but i think that would REALLY play right into our hands. This season we have had problems with teams who are able to get pressure when rushing 4 or five. Ben, finally, is finding a rhythym in hot routes. I also would have to disagree with Holmes being our only speed threat. Nate is bar-none our fastest WR and OFTEN gets separation on interemediate/deep routes. IF, Ware, Canty and Co. cant get consistant pressure, i love the match-up of Ward/Holems/Washington vs. Henry/Newman/Scandrick or Safetey.

Miller is ALMOST the weapon Witten is, and i say that as a HUGE J-Witten fan. Just the fact Romo uses Witten way more than we use Miller. I just dont see ANY of your backers being able to cover him in the 3 wr bunch/single set... he is DEF. our most under-rated player on offense. I just really like our passing match-up against "the Boys" ASLONG AS WE CAN CONTAIN THE PASS RUSH!!!

Nate Washington is a threat as well. As far as who's faster between him and Holmes i'll take your word for it lol. You get to see the Steelers play a lot more than I do. I just always thought of Holmes as one of the fastest guys in the league. I like the matchup of Anthony Henry on Hines Ward. I don't want him on anyone as fast as Washington or Holmes. Newman has a nagging groin injury. Pass rush will be key for us to contain the Steelers. Scandrick has been our best rookie this year. He may have Henry's starting spot next season if he doesn't have it already now. You see him play and you won't even think he's a rookie. Mike Jenkins our 1st round rookie is another guy who's solid in coverage but I believe he's out this game. Miller could be a problem. We haven't had problems with fullbacks and tight ends this year like in other years. We get pass rush and I think that negates anything the speed receivers of the Steelers can do to us because Scandrick and Newman can keep up. Asking them or any corner in this league to guard there man for over 6 seconds is too much.

Romo is the kind of QB that pull a comeback out of an apparent loss if you let them hang around and he gets enough time to make a few plays down the field. You have to put this team away and the weather will certainly help us a lot in Pittsburgh in terms of keeping any deep threat from being implemented on a regular basis and allowing us to crowd the short to intermediate range all day long and force them to march down the field and get hit time and time again. If we can do that and keep it up it all day it will wear on the dallas WR's and Romo and that's when you get mistakes.

It's all about doing what we have been on defense plain and simple but also having this offense put the TD's on the board every chance we get.

Good point. I'd watch out for Roy Williams this game. With the weather i'm not sure how much success TO will have this game. I think this is going to be the breakout game for Roy Williams. Finally seems like him and Romo's timing has finally arrived.

steelcitysfinestXL
12-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Good point. I'd watch out for Roy Williams this game. With the weather i'm not sure how much success TO will have this game. I think this is going to be the breakout game for Roy Williams. Finally seems like him and Romo's timing has finally arrived.

I thought that "blockbuster" trade would be an immediate impact, and really from what i have seen, they are just now starting to make a connection (just like you said) If you would have told me im August Roy and TO would be on the same roster with Witten i would of went to Vegas!!! I really think that trio will be very productive... but this may be a bad week for that to ramp up... unless Flozel and the boys can keep Romo clean.

RW318
12-02-2008, 04:41 PM
I have no doubt we have the ability to shut down Romo or atleast keep him from making enough big plays to win, it's just a matter of doing it. I like our chances on defense against anybody in the league. Romo when he is hot is as good as there is but then again so is Eli and Manning and we shut them down enough to win but couldn't pull it off. Now we need to seal the deal. Romo is mobile so that's something we're going to have to be aware of. Most QB's we face are not the most mobile guys in the league so Lebeau is going to have to prepare for that too.

The key like we said is pressure, that will take care of the DB's not having to cover so long on plays and also keep that running game in check.

The Browns also shut down Manning.....both of em.

rocyaice
12-02-2008, 05:53 PM
I thought that "blockbuster" trade would be an immediate impact, and really from what i have seen, they are just now starting to make a connection (just like you said) If you would have told me im August Roy and TO would be on the same roster with Witten i would of went to Vegas!!! I really think that trio will be very productive... but this may be a bad week for that to ramp up... unless Flozel and the boys can keep Romo clean.

Yea see i've never really witnessed a 6 games into the season trade for a receiver so I myself never really knew how much progress was going to be needed for Romo and Roy to get their timing down. And not to mention when Roy got here Romo was hurt so that set the development back further. With TO's hands and possibly wet or freezing whether I don't expect much from TO. Maybe some dump slants to see if he can do something after the catch but those deep balls he's been catching? I don't see it. That's where Roy can come up huge.

Steelersfan
12-02-2008, 06:19 PM
The Browns also shut down Manning.....both of em.

Browns are giving up less points per game than your Cowboys so what is your point?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Browns are giving up less points per game than your Cowboys so what is your point?

RW never has one so its a waste of time even bothering with him.....:lol:

Troyisabeast_43
12-02-2008, 08:20 PM
You could be right. If the Cowboys are going to win I expect a 10-6 type score or a 14-10. Its the only way IMO. I just don't see a shootout. We just lost Kyle Kosier for the season and we've had problems at left guard in his departure but Montrae Holland did a solid job last game which makes me wonder why he wasn't in there to begin with. Flozell "I get a false start penalty every game" Adams is going to have have his A game on Sunday. Anything less will be a loss.

Offensively I think Steelers have a respectable offense but aside of Holmes I don't think anyone poses a threat to our defense. Usually the fast receivers are what have given the Cowboys problems in Newman's absense. Since his return the defense has been more solid and the secondary looks respectable again.

Should be a good one.

Hines Ward is always a threat against opposing defenses because he always gets open, and makes clutch catches late in the games when he needs too. If you want to key in on Holmes that is fine because if you leave Hines Ward open space to catch the ball and make plays you can bet the house that he is going to do it and he will burn the Cowboys more times then not. So while you do make some good points Ward,Miller, and even Nate Washington catching deep balls could all end up burning the Cowboys in that game here on Sunday.

RW318
12-03-2008, 02:05 AM

the point is shutting down the Mannings is really nothing special this year......the browns did it better but romo did his thing against them. So?

JensK
12-03-2008, 12:07 PM
When Steelers have the ball:

Steelers offence: The Steelers offence needs to find a way to handle the great pass rush of Dallas. That means more quick TE slants, and more delayed hand-offs to Moore/Parker. Pacman Jones should be back against the Steeler which means that we can't affort to try as many deep plays. He have had his troubles and problems, but he is a play-maker, and he could easily end up interception Big Ben, if he tries to go deep. We have seen that Big Ben's throws havnt been as accurate down-field this year as last year. This comes due to various of things. When the weather was there, Big Ben's shoulder was not. Now, when he is getting healthy the weather makes it impossible to be accurate down-field.

Look for Moore and Miller to have a lot of touched this Sunday

Dallas defence:

Its really easy... Get to Big Ben and sack him. With a strugling O-line and the second-most sacking team in the NFL, we have our self a miss-match right here!

Look for Demarcus Ware to be all over Starks!

When Dallas have the ball:

Steelers Defence:

presure on Romo is the key here. Steelers are facing the best o-line in the league, so this will be their final test toward greatness! First of all, look for Harrison, Woodley and Timmons to be ALL over Romo. LeBeau is going to go all out on this one, use all the most confusing schemes in the play-book. He just have too, because Romo is a smart guy, and he is a champ at picking up the blitz, and getting away from it. Therefor its important to get to Romo and take him down. Do not allow him to throw the ball, because he can make plays when running for his life.

Stop the run! Barber havnt had a good season at all. Avg. only 3.9y per carry, he is far from his pro-ball year. Further more, he is injured right now, but he is the player that needs attention every damn time his got the ball, or else he'll make a play.

The biggest concern is however our match-up against the Dallas WR crew. It is scary, no matter how you put it. They may not have had all the succes that we thought they would this year, but believe me when im saying: They can still kill a defence.
Look for Ike Taylor to shadow TO all the game. Ike is probably one of the only CB's in the league who can match TO in size. If McFadden is back, id also look for him to keep an eye out for Roy Williams. Roy havnt been that big of a succes yet in Dallas, but he is still a decent WR, and he'll be making plays now and then, if you allow him to do so. Look for Troy Polamalu too keep an eye on both Roy and T.O. Tony Romo better watch a lot of video this week, because if he don't Troy will kill him down-field.

Look for Clark to destroy the world with some more big hits. Also, look for A. Smith to lay at least 2 big hits on SP :P

Dallas Offence: Well, not much to say.. Avoid all i said about the steelers defence, and you should be fine.. If that is possible might i add. No seriously, Dallas Offence needs to get their running game going, because you can't be one dimensional against the Steelers.. If you just keep throwing, you'll get hurt big time. Both with turnovers and with sacks. Add that with a few slants now and then and a couple of play-fakes down-field and you should be good to go. No matter what, its never easy to play against this defence. They'll just have to bring their absolut a-game to put enough points on the board to win this game.

rocyaice
12-03-2008, 12:45 PM
That's my biggest fear Jensk. The Cowboys becoming to one dimensional. They're notoriously known for that. Its only hurt us one game and that's the Redskins game. I'm afraid with Barbers injury we might be forced to pass all day.

JensK
12-03-2008, 01:19 PM
That's my biggest fear Jensk. The Cowboys becoming to one dimensional. They're notoriously known for that. Its only hurt us one game and that's the Redskins game. I'm afraid with Barbers injury we might be forced to pass all day.

Exactly, and with all due respect for your passing offence, you can't do that against the Steelers. But we'll have to see. Its really too close to call right now imo. Could go both ways, but obviously, since i am a steelers fan, im gonna go with a Steelers victory :P

Deb
12-07-2008, 08:18 AM
Dallas Cowboys-Steelers: How they match up

12:25 AM CST on Sunday, December 7, 2008

By BRIAN DAVIS / The Dallas Morning News
brdavis@dallasnews.com

WHEN THE COWBOYS RUN
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/sports/logos/football/circlelogo-pit.gif
With Marion Barber out, the Steelers must be licking their chops. The NFL's top-ranked run defense allows just 71.2 yards per game. Tashard Choice is no journeyman. He did win back-to-back ACC rushing titles at Georgia Tech and earn All-America honors.

WHEN THE COWBOYS PASS
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/sports/logos/football/circlelogo-pit.gif
Today is Terrell Owens' 35th birthday. He'll either go off as a birthday present to himself or just look old. He must stretch the field whether he's guarded by Ike Taylor or Deshea Townsend. Just watch out for Troy Polamalu over the middle.

WHEN THE STEELERS RUN
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/sports/logos/football/circlelogo-dal.gif
Defense, defense, defense. Has anyone noticed that the Steelers are mediocre on offense? The running game ranks 22nd in the NFL. Keep track of Mewelde Moore on third down. He has 15 catches for 125 yards out of the backfield.

WHEN THE STEELERS PASS
EVEN
The Cowboys might have some lineup tricks up their sleeve to make up for thin numbers at safety. They've talked about moving Anthony Henry to safety for some time. Hines Ward (six touchdowns) is as dangerous as ever.

SPECIAL TEAMS
Pittsburgh's Jeff Reed has a leg up on Nick Folk. The Steelers' kicker drilled four field goals against New England in awful conditions. He's also had a week of practice in cold, windy climate. Folk is 15-for-17 on field goals this season, though.

INTANGIBLES
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/sports/logos/football/circlelogo-dal.gif
These Cowboys won't try to avenge Super Bowl XIII. These Steelers don't care what happened in Super Bowl XXX. Both teams need to bolster their playoff résumés. These Cowboys, however, are tired of hearing about how great these Steelers are.

yinzer
12-07-2008, 08:36 AM
Dallas Cowboys-Steelers: How they match up

12:25 AM CST on Sunday, December 7, 2008

By BRIAN DAVIS / The Dallas Morning News
brdavis@dallasnews.com

WHEN THE COWBOYS RUN
With Marion Barber out, the Steelers must be licking their chops. The NFL's top-ranked run defense allows just 71.2 yards per game. Tashard Choice is no journeyman. He did win back-to-back ACC rushing titles at Georgia Tech and earn All-America honors.

WHEN THE COWBOYS PASS
Today is Terrell Owens' 35th birthday. He'll either go off as a birthday present to himself or just look old. He must stretch the field whether he's guarded by Ike Taylor or Deshea Townsend. Just watch out for Troy Polamalu over the middle.

WHEN THE STEELERS RUN
Defense, defense, defense. Has anyone noticed that the Steelers are mediocre on offense? The running game ranks 22nd in the NFL. Keep track of Mewelde Moore on third down. He has 15 catches for 125 yards out of the backfield.

WHEN THE STEELERS PASS
EVEN
The Cowboys might have some lineup tricks up their sleeve to make up for thin numbers at safety. They've talked about moving Anthony Henry to safety for some time. Hines Ward (six touchdowns) is as dangerous as ever.

SPECIAL TEAMS
Pittsburgh's Jeff Reed has a leg up on Nick Folk. The Steelers' kicker drilled four field goals against New England in awful conditions. He's also had a week of practice in cold, windy climate. Folk is 15-for-17 on field goals this season, though.

INTANGIBLES
These Cowboys won't try to avenge Super Bowl XIII. These Steelers don't care what happened in Super Bowl XXX. Both teams need to bolster their playoff résumés. These Cowboys, however, are tired of hearing about how great these Steelers are.

see if you can stop us then

Reg
12-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Sunday, December 07, 2008
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Game plan
When the Steelers have the ball: The Steelers rushed for 161 yards on 34 carries vs. the Patriots. And they were able to get production by rotating Willie Parker (87 yards) and Mewelde Moore (67), an approach that was specific for the Patriots but may not be employed against the Cowboys. Ben Roethlisberger has been efficient the past three games, throwing only one interception in his past 104 attempts. The Cowboys have good athletes in the secondary -- CBs Terence Newman and Adam Jones, in particular -- but opponents have completed nearly 62 percent of their passes and been intercepted only six times. The Steelers will try to attack CB Anthony Henry whenever he is in single coverage on Santonio Holmes or Nate Washington.

When the Cowboys have the ball: The return of QB Tony Romo has brought back the big play to the offense, particularly with WR Terrell Owens, who had 213 yards receiving vs. the 49ers. Tight end Jason Witten leads the team with 58 catches and should get opportunities in the middle of the field against a Steelers defense that is willing to concede some underneath routes to prevent big plays. The Cowboys have one of the biggest offensive lines in the league, averaging 6-5 1/2, 330 pounds, but 6-foot-7, 340-pound LT Flozell Adams is slow-footed and could have problems with OLB James Harrison. RB Marion Barber is a punishing runner, but is hampered by a sore toe.

Keep an eye on ...
OLB DeMarcus Ware: He leads the NFL with 15 sacks after getting three against the Seahawks last Sunday. Ware is the weakside linebacker, meaning he usually lines up away from the tight end, which, for most teams, is the left side of their offense. But the Steelers like to run a lot of two-tight end sets and will try to use TE Matt Spaeth to help on Ware. Roethlisberger has been sacked just once in the past two games -- a blitz by Patriots CB Ellis Hobbs -- and only twice in the past 10 quarters.

Intangibles
A marquee matchup for several reasons, not the least of which is that the two teams have met in three Super Bowls. The Cowboys have not played here since 1997 and have won four of the past five meetings, though the Steelers won the most recent in 2004 in Dallas. Since Romo returned as quarterback, the Cowboys have won three in a row and averaged 27.6 points. The Steelers have won three in a row and four of their past five, but are 1-2 vs. teams from the NFC East.

Keys to victory
To win, the Cowboys must ...
1. Have Romo on the go-go. May have to make plays on the run if he wants to avoid pressure from Harrison and LB LaMarr Woodley.
2. Not have Rat leave the ship. NT Jay Ratliff has six sacks, but has a team-high 24 pressures and often flushes QBs toward Ware.
3. Have Barber be sharp. Already without Felix Jones, the offense would become even more one-dimensional if Barber can't play effectively.

To win, the Steelers must ...
1. Be-Ware of DeMarcus. He is the leader of a defense that has registered 40 sacks, second only to the Steelers (42).
2. Make sure T.O. stands for take out. The secondary has done a good job limiting catches and taking away big plays.
3. Not get bitten by Witten. He could catch a lot of passes vs. the Steelers' defensive scheme, just as long as they aren't deep ones down the middle.

Gerry Dulac can be reached at gdulac@post-gazette.com.