PDA

View Full Version : Is my ticket legit?

digdug
12-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Please help me out.

I got a ticket for the game on 12/7 off of ebay. Is there any way of telling if it is a legit ticket? I don't want to go to the game only to be stonewalled at the gate 'cause I got scammed. If there is anyone who can describe the look of the ticket so I know what I have is real, or maybe a phone number to verify the ticket? Thanks for the help everyone!!

AZ_Steeler
12-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Send it to me and I'll find out! :D

How was the users rating you bought the tickets off of?

digdug
12-01-2008, 03:22 PM
He had a 100% positive but had only sold about 3 things.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-01-2008, 03:55 PM
I have purchased tickets twice from ebay and never didn't have a problem both times I went to games......

digdug
12-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Never didn't - does that mean you always did?

BR7
12-01-2008, 05:42 PM
I think he means he never had a problem.

I myself wouldn't buy tix from eBay from a seller who only sold three things, regardless if they have 100% feedback. He could have three buddies that gave him good feedback. Thats me though, Im not saying your tix aren't legit, but its always buyer beware.

If you used PayPal to pay, I think they have protection against fraud. Even better, if you paid with a credit card/debit card, you're protected against fraud. That doesn't help you at the gate though if they are fake.

I don't live in the Pitt area so I dunno if there is a number you can call to see if they are legit. You would think there would be.

Ambridge
12-01-2008, 05:45 PM
You probably have a much greater chance of purchasing a bogus ticket off the street from a scalper then you do from someone from Ebay.
Does your ticket have a bar code so it can be electronically scanned when you enter the stadium??.....if so...I wouldn't worry about it and I'd go and enjoy the game.

digdug
12-01-2008, 05:48 PM
It does have a barcode on it, so that does make me feel a bit more at ease. If I get in contact with Heinz field directly, do you think they could verify it?

LarryNJ
12-01-2008, 06:49 PM
I'd guess the Steeler ticket office can let you know. I doubt that you'd have a problem. But I know that being a hard ticket alone doesn't make it good. I'm not familar with the Steelers but I know of other pro sport teams where the season ticket holder for a few bucks can get the ticket office to email a new ticket, than the original hard ticket would be void. I've bought many tickets more from craigslist than ebay and have never got scammed. Enjoy the game!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2008, 10:46 PM
You're more than likely safe buying tickets off ebay for games, they are generally legit. I've bought tickets before and never had a problem. If you call the ticket office and describe the ticket to them they can probably give you info on how it looks based on what you described but they won't be able to verify it's validity 100% unless they saw it in person and were able to scan it.

If you got it off ebay you probably used paypal or a credit card like BR7 mentioned so you'll have some safety in that manner just in case.

digdug
12-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks everyone - I'm going to try and check with the ticket office and see what they can tell me.

Steelers70
12-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Good luck digdug.... Here's hoping you get to watch a great game.

-Steelers70

Steelerlyn
12-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Send it to me and I'll find out! :D

Yeah what he said only send it to me. I will take my chances :) lol

Enjoy the game!~!~!~!~!~!

champnation
12-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Yeah you can call the steeler ticket office and verify the numbers on the barcode and the other numbers to verify if it is legit. If the seller had good feedback then you should be safe.

Bucsfan4ever
12-02-2008, 06:57 PM
We've bought Bucs tickets off of Ebay the last four years and they've all been OK...in fact, great seats...one year we got club seats!!

digdug
12-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks for all your help. Hope to see you all there on Sunday!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!

digdug
12-08-2008, 04:30 PM
The ticket was OK, everyone was great, and the experience couldn't have been better. The club seats were incredible and I would recommend it to anyone to travel to see a game at Heinz at least once you will never forget it!!

BR7
12-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Glad it worked out for you.. I was waiting for your response to see if all was legit. Atleast you got to see a great game as well...

edit.. thats still one of my fav sigs.. lol. You need to post more :lol:

digdug
12-08-2008, 04:55 PM
I'll get right on that - starting with THIS!! :lol: