PDA

View Full Version : Harrison an MVP candidate?

AZ_Steeler
12-01-2008, 04:42 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison
With two sacks against the New England Patriots, Harrison now has 14. You can call him a product of Pittsburgh’s system all you want, but the reality is he’s a handful for every team the Steelers play. He’s got a shot at 20 sacks this season, a number that only two other linebackers have ever hit: Lawrence Taylor and Derrick Thomas.
I got this off of Yahoo! Sports. (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ai7zRpk7.PybnmItLgTsp9I5nYcB?slug=cr-winnersandlosers113008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Anyone think he'll be in the front running when it comes time to select an MVP?

LarryNJ
12-01-2008, 07:53 AM
I doubt that he'll be a front runner for MVP but it would be great to see.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2008, 08:53 AM
Nah he won't get the NFL MVP although Im not saying he shouldn't get it, but he'll get the Def. POTY for sure or he better get it. Too many offensive guys in the NFL in the running for the MVP overall. Brees is the odds on guy for that now.

SteelerNC
12-01-2008, 09:19 AM
no way. thats for an offensive player.

LarryNJ
12-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Brees is the odds on guy for that now.

I agree but it doesn't look like they are going to make the playoffs, so that may kill his chance.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-01-2008, 12:06 PM
He's definetly our M.V.P:yellowthumb: Him an Troy:tt02::clap::clap:

scott0326
12-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Maybe not MVP, But he has a really good shot at defensive player of year/

AZ_Steeler
12-01-2008, 04:00 PM
I don't know... the MVP is the Most Valuable Player and yesterday against the Patriots Harrison single handedly took over in the second half. That to me is an MVP...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-01-2008, 04:41 PM
I don't know... the MVP is the Most Valuable Player and yesterday against the Patriots Harrison single handedly took over in the second half. That to me is an MVP...

I don't think you have to convince any of us about the importance of James Harrison to the Pittsburgh Steelers....He is the NFL Defensive Player of the year for sure and the legit team MVP this year.....But I don't know if the NFL MVP voters will feel the same way we do about James Harrison......I don't think he has a great chance to win the NFL MVP but it would be sweet to see a defensive player win the league MVP award......

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2008, 05:03 PM
No doubt Harrison is as deserving as any top player in the league for MVP but I just don't think the voters are going to give it to him over a guy like Brees or Eli Manning. The NFL loves it's QB's and RB's for league MVP.

DIESELMAN
12-01-2008, 05:08 PM
The last defensive to player to win the League MVP was Lawrence Taylor in 1986, he had 20.5 sacks and led the Giants to SB XXI. That was over 20 years ago, I seriously doubt any defensive player ever wins the League MVP again, unless they have like 30 sacks for the season. Silverback is definitely the team MVP.

steelerschick1220
12-01-2008, 11:58 PM
I don't think he has a legit shot at NFL MVP, but if doesn't win DPOY, something is horribly wrong. He is the Steelers MVP as well.

BlitzburghNation
12-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Would be sweet if he broke strahans sack record,,,,,,,:crossfingers:
Brees will be MVP ,,,,especially if he breaks Marinos passing record :popcorn:

Wonder if he breaks sack record & brees comes up short on marinos record,that may be enough to get him MVP :beer1:

Love the quote tomlin had on sirius awhile back,,,,,He said Harrison is the strongest player he's ever coached :towelwave: