PDA

View Full Version : One black mark in the game

jpele
11-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Yes I'm happy we won,I'm overjoyed because it was the Pats , but will someone explain to me:

Why after they pull an ineffective Parker out of the game, they put him back in? Moore was eating up yards and for no apparent reason the put Willie back in.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Yes I'm happy we won,I'm overjoyed because it was the Pats , but will someone explain to me:

Why after they pull an ineffective Parker out of the game, they put him back in? Moore was eating up yards and for no apparent reason the put Willie back in.

Parker ended up having a solid game in his own right and even broke that long run late in the game....But that long run did show that Willie isn't 100 percent since he didn't take it to the house for six....A healthy Willie takes that to the house.....I like Moore and he a better all around RB then Willie Parker....But you have to remember he isn't the type of back that can just pound the ball week in and week out....I don't want Moore dead for the play-offs.......This offense needs more then 1 RB.....

Moore really has saved the offenses *** this season.....But the coaches have to be careful not to over work him and ask him to carry to much of the load......

AZ_Steeler
11-30-2008, 10:14 PM
I thought the same thing but Parker did get himself some yards though... at that point though I think the defense was already worn out and they were trying to conserve Moore for the rest of the season! :D

Steelersfan
11-30-2008, 10:19 PM
I like the fact they finally used both throughout the game. Amazing how they both ran well supporting each other.

I'll stick to what I have been saying, start Moore and bring Parker in when the D is tired and he is fresh. That is when he will break those long runs.

jpele
11-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Parker ended up having a solid game in his own right and even broke that long run late in the game....But that long run did show that Willie isn't 100 percent since he didn't take it to the house for six....A healthy Willie takes that to the house.....I like Moore and he a better all around RB then Willie Parker....But you have to remember he isn't the type of back that can just pound the ball week in and week out....I don't want Moore dead for the play-offs.......This offense needs more then 1 RB.....

Moore really has saved the offenses *** this season.....But the coaches have to be careful not to over work him and ask him to carry to much of the load......

I agree with you there. we do have another back and today would have been a good time to give Russell a few carries

I thought the same thing but Parker did get himself some yards though... at that point though I think the defense was already worn out and they were trying to conserve Moore for the rest of the season! :D

He did get some yards, but what got me was...he had a clear shot at a first down but ran out of bounds instead.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-30-2008, 10:30 PM
I like the fact they finally used both throughout the game. Amazing how they both ran well supporting each other.

I'll stick to what I have been saying, start Moore and bring Parker in when the D is tired and he is fresh. That is when he will break those long runs.

I don't care who starts just as long as both are effective.....Parker would have taken that long run to house if he was indeed 100 percent....You could tell he was missing some of his speed there.....

--- Added 11/30/2008 at 09:30 PM ---

I agree with you there. we do have another back and today would have been a good time to give Russell a few carries

He did get some yards, but what got me was...he had a clear shot at a first down but ran out of bounds instead.

Yes I know we have a Gary Russell....I watched him play in college were he was a badass.....So you don't have tell me about Gary Russell....He also did get three carries for a total of 1 yard....He did score a late TD.....But he isn't the savior of this running game and to think so is foolish...Parker had 16 carries for 87 yards.....What more do you want?.....Only problem with Willie this year is how many carries before he is injured again......Point is this team needs Parker, Moore, and yes even Russell.......They don't have the 1 RB anymore that can just pound it all game long......

NOVA STEELERS
11-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Nate Washington http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll431/DevilDog5150/Emoticons/Smilie%20Signs/thgtfo.gif :evilshake: Same O'l nate different day :duh:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Early on the Pats were selling out to stop the run so nobody can say if Moore would have been effective in the 1st quarter any more than Willie was. They went back to him because he's a big part of the offense and we need him to keep this thing going. You can't just bench a guy for the rest of the game because he struggled early on. Parker got going and made a lot of big runs just like Moore did. Willie is starting to come back from injury and hopefully he'll get healthy.

He was clearly not willing to plant that left leg and cut but he was ok north and south. He'll continue to get his sea legs back as the weeks go on.

jpele
11-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Yes I know we have a Gary Russell....I watched him play in college were he was a badass.....So you don't have tell me about Gary Russell....He also did get three carries for a total of 1 yard....He did score a late TD.....But he isn't the savior of this running game and to think so is foolish...Parker had 16 carries for 87 yards.....What more do you want?.....Only problem with Willie this year is how many carries before he is injured again......Point is this team needs Parker, Moore, and yes even Russell.......They don't have the 1 RB anymore that can just pound it all game long......

I don't think Russell is the savior but I do think he can be an effective Back for us. His 3 carries for 1 yard were at the goal line.

As for Parker , I'm in no way knocking Willie ,I think FWP is da man. My point is ...why not let him sit and get 100% . We have some tough games ahead and a well rested and healthy Parked will be needed. As it stands now ,we have a back that can run a few plays with no threat of going all the way and has to come out to rest his knee.

I've said the same thing about Ben, we has a few games were I think we could have won with Leftwich and Ben could have sat and rested his shoulder as iot stands we'll finish the season with a bangedup QB and RB.

Its all good as long as we win.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2008, 11:16 PM
We as Steeler fans are just used to see the usual 1 back power attack but that is long gone and this team needs all 3 components to contribute every week. Willie and Mewelde are the 2 backs that just compliment each other well and then you throw in Russel for the short yardage stuff and power runs and it makes for a good formula for success. If Russell were thrown into the mix for more carries for some reason Im sure he'd do well too, but right now what we have works and there's only so many touches for the backs to get in a game.

Steelersfan
11-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Early on the Pats were selling out to stop the run so nobody can say if Moore would have been effective in the 1st quarter any more than Willie was. They went back to him because he's a big part of the offense and we need him to keep this thing going. You can't just bench a guy for the rest of the game because he struggled early on. Parker got going and made a lot of big runs just like Moore did. Willie is starting to come back from injury and hopefully he'll get healthy.

He was clearly not willing to plant that left leg and cut but he was ok north and south. He'll continue to get his sea legs back as the weeks go on.

I will say it! Moore was effective from the first time he touched the ball. Parker on the other hand was not able to do anything until late in the game.
I will say Parker ran hard after they took Moore out.

And also it was great to see them use both!!! Instead of pounding the hell out of one or the other.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-30-2008, 11:23 PM
We as Steeler fans are just used to see the usual 1 back power attack but that is long gone and this team needs all 3 components to contribute every week. Willie and Mewelde are the 2 backs that just compliment each other well and then you throw in Russel for the short yardage stuff and power runs and it makes for a good formula for success. If Russell were thrown into the mix for more carries for some reason Im sure he'd do well too, but right now what we have works and there's only so many touches for the backs to get in a game.

I agree and said that a few posts back in this thread.....We need all of our RBs at this point......If Parker isn't healthy then yea I see the point to rest of the play-offs....But right now Tomlin doesn't want to wear down Moore either....He has been asked to carry the load the most part the past few weeks.......I don't want Moore to be gassed for the play-offs......I would like to see Russell get some more carries as well but I really don't want to expect from him.....Mendenhall being lost for the year was a blow....I think by this point in the season he would have grasped the NFL game and really started to come along as an NFL RB.....

At this point the Steelers need just need any healthy RB that can carry the ball......But not one of these RBs can carry the running game by themselves.....

champnation
11-30-2008, 11:34 PM
I think Moore is a real good back and not only proved himself in this game but the rest of the games as well where he has played. Willie Parker just doesn't have it yet and hasn't recovered. Bad thing is a lot of knee injuries like that for speed backs they never do recover. I think we would be fine at RB with just Moore and Mendenhall with some Russell mixed in here and there. I would like to see a power back somewhere in the mix though and take away one of the other RB's.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-30-2008, 11:34 PM
Nate Washington http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll431/DevilDog5150/Emoticons/Smilie%20Signs/thgtfo.gif :evilshake: Same O'l nate different day :duh:
Yep i agree:yellowthumb:

LarryNJ
12-01-2008, 12:23 AM
It was good to see them have a decent game running the ball. Being 24th in the league in rushing is a terrible stat that we need to continue to improve on f we want to go anywhere this year. 160 yards was a good day no matter who they come from.