PDA

View Full Version : Everybody getting into the act on defense

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2008, 09:47 PM
My God how can you not love watching this team play defense. They just make play after play after play no matter what situation they are put in. Every single player on that field today was huge in this win. From Casey and the front 3 occupying the double teams while still getting pressure on Cassel. Clark and Polamalu making huge hits and big tackles, Harrison and Wood getting sacks, Timmons' INT and continuing to get better and better, the list goes on and on. I don't care who you are in the NFL or who you like, we just kick *** on Defense every week and take no prisoners.

I know Faulk broke off some big runs and they a few lapses here and there but they didn't allow any TD's after that initial one in the first quarter and Cassels' offense had no answer for our guys. They were hearing footsteps and just not concentrating all day long. That'll happen to you when you continually get hit time after time after time.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-30-2008, 09:50 PM
My God how can you not love watching this team play defense. They just make play after play after play no matter what situation they are put in. Every single player on that field today was huge in this win. From Casey and the front 3 occupying the double teams while still getting pressure on Cassel. Clark and Polamalu making huge hits and big tackles, Harrison and Wood getting sacks, Timmons' INT and continuing to get better and better, the list goes on and on. I don't care who you are in the NFL or who you like, we just kick *** on Defense every week and take no prisoners.

I know Faulk broke off some big runs and they a few lapses here and there but they didn't allow any TD's after that initial one in the first quarter and Cassels' offense had no answer for our guys. They were hearing footsteps and just not concentrating all day long. That'll happen to you when you continually get hit time after time after time.

Faulk only broke those long runs since the Steelers were expecting pass and they should since the Pats have passed and passed on them in the past.....This defense is really special.....I know I was hard on them in the last Bengals game the only reason is they should have shut out that ****** team....Only thing missing for this defense is a shut out this year......I would like to see the D shut out the Ravens in Baltimore......That would be sweet and really make my footall season for the regular season.....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2008, 09:53 PM
This is true man, I'd love to see this defense get a shut out. I don't know if they can considering our schedule, atleast until we get to the Browns game at the end of the year. With Quinn out and DA probably out they might be calling up Kosar pretty soon :lol:

You just gotta love Lebeau constantly adjusting his defense to whatever situation they face but still staying to true to what they are and that's a team that swarms to the ball carrier, stops the run, and just rocks the WR every time they make a play. That's what you want in a championship caliber defense for sure.

jpele
11-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Our defense is playing with a purpose and if there was any doubt about DPOY James Harrison cleared that up tonight.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-30-2008, 09:58 PM
This is true man, I'd love to see this defense get a shut out. I don't know if they can considering our schedule, atleast until we get to the Browns game at the end of the year. With Quinn out and DA probably out they might be calling up Kosar pretty soon :lol:

You just gotta love Lebeau constantly adjusting his defense to whatever situation they face but still staying to true to what they are and that's a team that swarms to the ball carrier, stops the run, and just rocks the WR every time they make a play. That's what you want in a championship caliber defense for sure.

LeBeau always has a reason to his madness for sure...In the first half the Steelers only rushed three men for the most part....That turned out be a brilliant move since I do think it led Cassel to think he was going to be comfortable in the pocket all game....Then in the second half LeBeau did turn the dogs lose a bit more.....As a result Cassel looked dazed and confused out there in the second half .....Still I would have liked to see some more heat put on Cassel....I'm just the type that I love seeing the QB getting hit by our defense....lol But this defense under Coach LeBeau is going to be something to watch the rest of the way....They're good enough to carry this team to an Lombardi Trophey.....

jpele
11-30-2008, 10:02 PM
Speaking of our defense:

Harrison's two sacks upped his season total to 14. Coupled with fellow outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley's 10.5 sacks, the two have become the most prolific sack tandem in Steelers' history, surpassing the 24 registered by outside linebackers Kevin Greene and Greg Lloyd in 1994 and equaled by outside linebackers Jason Gildon and Joey Porter in 2000.

Harrison's 14 sacks are one shy of the franchise-record (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_600836.html) 15 set by linebacker Mike Merriweather in 1984.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Harrison's two sacks upped his season total to 14. Coupled with fellow outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley's 10.5 sacks, the two have become the most prolific sack tandem in Steelers' history, surpassing the 24 registered by outside linebackers Kevin Greene and Greg Lloyd in 1994 and equaled by outside linebackers Jason Gildon and Joey Porter in 2000.

Harrison's 14 sacks are one shy of the franchise-record (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_600836.html) 15 set by linebacker Mike Merriweather in 1984.

Thanks for looking that up jpele!

I knew as soon as Wood started finding his way at OLB in 2007 that we was going to be the lethal combination with Harrison that we've been looking for since Lloyd and Greene, Gildon and Porter, etc.

Troyisabeast_43
11-30-2008, 11:10 PM
LeBeau always has a reason to his madness for sure...In the first half the Steelers only rushed three men for the most part....That turned out be a brilliant move since I do think it led Cassel to think he was going to be comfortable in the pocket all game....Then in the second half LeBeau did turn the dogs lose a bit more.....As a result Cassel looked dazed and confused out there in the second half .....Still I would have liked to see some more heat put on Cassel....I'm just the type that I love seeing the QB getting hit by our defense....lol But this defense under Coach LeBeau is going to be something to watch the rest of the way....They're good enough to carry this team to an Lombardi Trophey.....

I agree with you completely 32 that if Ben and this offense can even show the smidge of being able to play consistent week in and week out with the way this defense has looked so far this season this Steelers chances of holding up that Lombardi Trophy 2 months from tomorrow night are going to be very very good. This Steelers team had the New York Giants the new media darlings now who they are saying nobody in the league can beat now on the ropes and pretty much beat had it not been for Ben turning the ball over 4 times with picks, and the penalty by Colon on the Nate Washington TD which would have made it 21-9 late in the 3rd quarter. And of course let's not forget the freak long snap thing by James Harrison which allowed the Giants to tie the game, get the short field, and score the go ahead TD which was the Giants only offensive touchdown of the game at that point. The point I am making here and I know I might be getting way ahead of myself in saying what I am about to say here but there is no doubt in my mind that if the Steelers should meet the New York Giants again in the Super Bowl with a much healthier team then they had the first time, that if Ben and this offense plays consistent and doesnt make mistakes, and they dont turn the ball over 4 times like they did here in Pittsburgh, with the way this Steelers defense is playing and dominating the Steelers would beat the Giants on a neutral field this time around. Am I completely out of my mind for saying that guys or does what I just said there hold some truth to it??

HUNT4SEVEN
11-30-2008, 11:39 PM
I said it before our Defense has carried us all year:tt02: Props to our D we are number one for an reason:yellowthumb:I believe if we stay healthy this is turning out to be our Year that we get Six rings baby:tt02::cope::helmet:

Prosdo
12-01-2008, 03:27 AM
Our defense is really something special right now. A lot of players stepping up with other guys injured and proving they can fight through the injuries. Then you have the best tandem of LB's in the league who are playing their asses off. Polamalu who you never can quite know where he is going to be. All led by the great Dick LeBeau. Can't ask for much more there.