PDA

View Full Version : Total team effort is a welcome sight to see

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Defense, Offense, ST, all 3 phases stuck it to Belicheat today and we finally beat a quality opponent.

After that Ben INT in the first drive I was already thinking here we go again with the stupid turnovers but we responded and the defense kept us in it at the half. That 3rd quarter and really the whole 2nd half was just a thing of beauty. Back to back strip sacks by Harrison, INT's by Troy and Timmons, pressure on Cassel all day and that wicked hit by Carter was just a thing of beauty and knocked the **** out of Welker and took him out of the game.

who knows what will happen there's still a long way to go but all I know is we won 3 straight and we finally beat a quality team.

BlitzburghNation
11-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Think our o-line is getting little better every week and now it's time for HOMO to feel the pain from the #1 Defense :towelwave:

Dee Mca
11-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Plus Harrison and Woodley setting new team record for sacks in a season by Duo(old record 24). Plus both on pace to set new team record for sacks in season.(record 15). Timmons should have gotten the pick 6 thou!:cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Think our o-line is getting little better every week and now it's time for HOMO to feel the pain from the #1 Defense :towelwave:

I hope Harrison rips off Homo's pinkie....lol

As for the team....My only complaint the offense needs to do a better job scoring TDs after turn overs.......Really that is it of my complaints......The defense stamped itself as legit today.....You have to beat the Pats in New England....The defense just didn't beat them they dominated the Pats.......Maybe the results would have been different with Marsha in there but I have a feeling the Steelers still would have won today even with Marsha....They were that damn good today.....

steelcitysfinestXL
11-30-2008, 08:46 PM
I hope Harrison rips off Homo's pinkie....lol

As for the team....My only complaint the offense needs to do a better job scoring TDs after turn overs.......Really that is it of my complaints......The defense stamped itself as legit today.....You have to beat the Pats in New England....The defense just didn't beat them they dominated the Pats.......Maybe the results would have been different with Marsha in there but I have a feeling the Steelers still would have won today even with Marsha....They were that damn good today.....

:plus1: I really dont see how 'ol Tommy boy would have done MUCH more against our D... my only complaint is the DROPS!!! Rain is no excuse! I know the Patsies dropped their fair share, but we dropped ALOT on Both sides of the ball. That MUST stop!

:cope::tt02: SOLID performance from a TEAM perspective... I cant wait for COWGIRLS game!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-30-2008, 08:52 PM
:plus1: I really dont see how 'ol Tommy boy would have done MUCH more against our D... my only complaint is the DROPS!!! Rain is no excuse! I know the Patsies dropped their fair share, but we dropped ALOT on Both sides of the ball. That MUST stop!

:cope::tt02: SOLID performance from a TEAM perspective... I cant wait for COWGIRLS game!!!

Marion Barber and Ware are banged up.......Trust me I like to see the Steelers beat teams at full strength but we havn't been at full strength all year so I hope both Barber and Ware don't play....Especially Ware.....He worries me going against Starks....Even though Starks has been solid in my opinion.....Really I think he is clearly better then Smith....Marvel Smith is done in my opinion......Great win today and this defense really has me excited....If the offense can just play up to the potential we know they can then the Steelers have a great shot at Lombardi number 6......

AZ_Steeler
11-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Take away that interception by Ben and this was a complete domination! The defense is by far one of the best on a long time. They really got to Cassel and forced turnovers and then the special teams looked like I haven't seen them in the past few years! They were gunning for the ball on punt coverage and wasn't letting them get anywhere... It was just awesome performance from all sides of the ball!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2008, 09:58 PM
What Im really impressed with is the OL finally starting to play alittle bit better each week. That's 3 weeks in row where Ben isn't getting killed for 6 sacks a game and running for his life. He had ample time most of the day even in the face of the blitzes. Sure they got to him alittle bit but we just have to live with that. Im just glad to see these guys finally starting to be part of the solution and not the problem. They have a ways to go but it's progress and that's all we can ask for right now.

Steelersfan
11-30-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm so happy that I can go to work tomorrow and rub it in all those Pats fans faces!!!!!.......lmao!!!! You all just don't know that crap I've had to put up with being up here......lol

Great game!!!

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
11-30-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm so happy that I can go to work tomorrow and rub it in all those Pats fans faces!!!!!.......lmao!!!! You all just don't know that crap I've had to put up with being up here......lol

Great game!!!

Yea those infamous Pat fans..were calling me after Ben threw that pick right off the bat..but then got real quiet in the second half...already using the no-brady excuse.typical.

Prosdo
12-01-2008, 04:16 AM
Definitely a team effort. Before the game I was listening to different stations talk about how they thought New England was going to shut us down offensively and how we would still have a hard time playing them without Brady. I guess they were wrong lol.

SteelersWoman
12-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Got to hand it to our O-line--they have shown the most improvement over the season, and I've been really impressed especially the last two weeks. Keeping Ben ON HIS FEET and healthy will go a LONG way toward giving us a chance to compete at a high level these important weeks coming up.

memphissteelergirl
12-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Keeping the ball out of the Pats*' hands helped too, IMO

Time of Possession

Steelers 35:05
Pats* 24:55

Great overall team effort! :tt02: