PDA

View Full Version : A Word From the Chairman

Iron City South
11-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Mark my words: If the Steelers don't have an answer for Wes Welker on Sunday, we're going down hard.

Welker is the proverbial Steeler killer and is the very reason the Pats sustain drives offensively. He's in the business of moving chain ....

As soon as teams get tired of getting chiseled for 7-10 yd a pop and decide to close the short passing lanes, the Randy Moss show begins.

DIESELMAN
11-27-2008, 07:59 PM
If we get Townsend and McFadden back, Welker will be a non factor. Last year we had a LB covering him and he ate us up. Plus we have Polamalu and Clark playing instead of Smith and Carter.....Big Difference in our secondary. :cope:

Ambridge
11-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Welker is a royal pain in the *** and it's amazing that he's on pace for matching his stats from last year!!
It would be great if the Steelers could knock him out of the game.

The Steelers better be aware when Kevin Faulk is in the game as well. He's another one that makes 2 or 3 big plays in a game that keeps key drives going.

yinzer
11-27-2008, 09:35 PM
Mark my words: If the Steelers don't have an answer for Wes Welker on Sunday, we're going down hard.

Welker is the proverbial Steeler killer and is the very reason the Pats sustain drives offensively. He's in the business of moving chain ....

As soon as teams get tired of getting chiseled for 7-10 yd a pop and decide to close the short passing lanes, the Randy Moss show begins.

hopefully, lebeau is planning for that as we speak.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-28-2008, 02:47 AM
here's the answer, JAM him at the line just like the RatsBirds did last year, they made him an non factor, we better do the same:yellowthumb::tt02:

DIESELMAN
11-28-2008, 03:19 AM
here's the answer, JAM him at the line just like the RatsBirds did last year, they made him an non factor, we better do the same:yellowthumb::tt02:
Yeah, we were all screaming that last year. Guess what happened? :banging:

JensK
11-28-2008, 03:27 AM
put A. Smith in, and make him hit him just once :P No really, just make Ryan shadow him. He's been playing like a mad man this year, and been laying some big *** hits all around on the field. Just make him know the bejeebus out of Welker! :)

BlitzburghRockCity
11-28-2008, 12:07 PM
We're alot more healthy at DB this year and on defense in general then we were last year so I look for them to do a much better job than what we saw last year. I agree though if we don't stop Welker we're not going to win the game, he's the guy that gets all the big 3rd down completions, all the must have conversions, anytime they are in trouble they run that slant route and it works everytime.

If we don't jam him at the line you might as well just pack it in now because he'll get 5-6 yds easy before he's even touched.

Dean Denton
11-28-2008, 12:25 PM
We are so due for a win over these guys. I dont care who we have in there, we cant lose everytime to these guys. Our last win was Bens first game against them. We should win this just based on.......Hell, I dont even know why we should win, other then we just should. 2004 seems like a long time ago. Maybe its just our time to do it. This team should just be sick of losing to New England. I know I am sick of watching us lose to these Bastards.

Steelers70
11-28-2008, 01:31 PM
I think our second year guys could help in that regard this year. Other than that, we just need to play as we have been playing and we should keep his impact to a minimum. Though that being said, minimum could be bad enough. This is one game I don't expect we win. But it's been my experience that if we beat the cheatriots in the regular season, they tend to beat us in the post season. This would be a great year to beat them both times around and maybe even cheat them out of post season appearence. Maybe we'll bring on those exotic blitz packages we've sat on all year long? You know... Not even let the QB get a pass off to Welker?

-Steelers70

BlitzburghRockCity
11-29-2008, 10:32 AM
We are so due for a win over these guys. I dont care who we have in there, we cant lose everytime to these guys. Our last win was Bens first game against them. We should win this just based on.......Hell, I dont even know why we should win, other then we just should. 2004 seems like a long time ago. Maybe its just our time to do it. This team should just be sick of losing to New England. I know I am sick of watching us lose to these Bastards.

Man I couldn't agree more, everytime we play this team it always ends up in a disaster. That win in 2004 was bitter sweet because we saw them again in the playoffs and got our butts kicked :evilshake:

Honestly this one is just one of those games that I just dread watching because the outcome never changes regardless of good we are or aren't heading into it. Belichick always has some game plan that we can overcome or we just give the game away with stupid turnovers. I just want to win this one for the sake of winning it and excercising that demon.

DanRooney
11-29-2008, 10:38 AM
That win in 2004 was bitter sweet because we saw them again in the playoffs and got our butts kicked :evilshake:

Hard to win when a team knows all of your offensive plays. I loved that interception where they double covered Jerame Tuman while we still had Plaxico and Ward opposite of eachother. Somehow it was almost like they knew where the ball was going :lol:

Steelersfan
11-29-2008, 12:40 PM

I agree and wish they would do that a little more often throughout the year!

:plus1:

champnation
11-29-2008, 02:54 PM
I think we have to worry more about randy moss because we all saw last week what happens when you try to single cover him.