PDA

View Full Version : ***Steelers RE sign Najeh Davenport

Steel Trap86
11-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Yes sir...I just saw it on NFL network, I dont know the details of the contract, but they cut CB Roy Lewis for the roster spot.

I guess this means Willie is out sunday and could be out until the playoffs!

Stairwayto7
11-27-2008, 04:29 PM
ND should remain anyway!

Steel Trap86
11-27-2008, 04:31 PM
ya i agree he can get those yards that moore & parker couldnt get. like those goal line stuffs from san diego and the colts

scott0326
11-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Gary Russell has done good on short yardage situations last 2 games, this probably means FWP is out till who knows when.

Zachintosh66
11-27-2008, 05:14 PM
oooh now we get to watch his explosive return skills again :rolleyes:

Steel Trap86
11-27-2008, 05:32 PM

no gary russell is the return man, he has the best returns i've seen the steelers get in years.

davenport is just more power....why not sign him

Troyisabeast_43
11-27-2008, 06:32 PM

The way Russell has performed on kickoff returns the last few games it would be insane of Tomlin to remove him off of there. He is giving the Steelers good field position more times then not and they shouldnt even think about putting Davenport back on kickoff returns at all...

Iron City South
11-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Dookie is a depth signing ..... nothing more. I have no problem with it.

yinzer
11-27-2008, 09:50 PM
ya i agree he can get those yards that moore & parker couldnt get. like those goal line stuffs from san diego and the colts

those goal line plays got stuffed because THEY RAN THE SAME FRIGGIN PLAY 3 times in a row.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-28-2008, 02:43 AM
those goal line plays got stuffed because THEY RAN THE SAME FRIGGIN PLAY 3 times in a row.
Exactly:yellowthumb:

K Train
11-28-2008, 03:43 AM
just put willie on IR

Koopa
11-28-2008, 03:59 AM
davenport is not a power back, those who say he is has obviously never seen him play, the dude is soft as ****, willie runs harder then this faggot.........

Steel Trap86
11-28-2008, 04:52 AM
davenport is not a power back, those who say he is has obviously never seen him play, the dude is soft as shiat, willie runs harder then this faggot.........

ya well willie keeps hurting himself, ****in guy has been out what 6 games this year back and forth. just inconsistant. willie is the better back there's no doubt there, but if he's hurt AGAIN then why NOT resign davenport at least until the playoffs he already knows the system. ya i've seen him play and his kick returns are beyond sh!t, but russell is doing great with that. all it is, is more depth signing him. :cope:

--- Added 11/28/2008 at 02:52 AM ---

ya that was against the colts, and whether they ran the same play or not he still got stuffed the first time, and the week after against the chargers the same sh!t happened on 4th and goal..

Captcoolhand
11-28-2008, 08:58 AM
davenport is not a power back, those who say he is has obviously never seen him play, the dude is soft as shiat, (sorta like the **** that was left behind in that dark and dreary closet....) willie runs harder then this faggot.........:lol:

just put willie on IR:ditto:
:imho: If only Mendenhall could have just lasted through the season,Parker would have been but a faded memory come next season...:2cents:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-28-2008, 12:04 PM
It's only for insurance, he's not going to see significant playing time unless something happens to the rest of our rb's. Russel is doing great on returns and short yardage so Tomlin isn't going to take him out of that role but if Willie is out for an extended period of time then it makes sense to bring Davenport right now especially since we're getting more healthy at DB finally.

Prosdo
11-28-2008, 01:41 PM
A lot of signing and cutting going on lately. Willie just can't seem to stay healthy this season.

SteelerFan87
11-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Looking for the silver lining: Since they cut a CB, maybe that means BMac will play?

Dean Denton
11-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Who is Roy Lewis, and did that guy take the field yet this season? And what the hell is the deal with Parker, Is he out or what? Does anyone think Parker will be with this team next season? We all know what happens in this league. Its show me, dont blow me, and Parker getting hurt last year I think cost us the playoff game againsts the Jags, and its starting to look more of the same. I know its never your fault when you get hurt, but RB dont last that long, and we have really used Parker more then most. Does he return next season? I know if he comes back and we win the SB its a no brainer, but come on. We still have been winning without him. Just winning ugly...