PDA

View Full Version : Boston Herald on Steelers Defense

yinzer
11-26-2008, 08:51 AM
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/

:tt02::cope:

LatrobePA
11-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Good read thanks man! I get the impression Cassel is getting too big of a head and is thinking he'll throw all over us....I hope like hell we don't stop smacking his *** around!!

He's had great games back to back and is soon to find out what a TRUE SACK feels like!

AZ_Steeler
11-26-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm getting sick of Cassel! I read an article about how the Patriots are contemplating if they slap the franchise tag on him next year and give him the $14 mil they are giving Brady as well :smh:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Cassell is gone next year, there's no way they'll be able to franchise him and keep Brady too plus try and get that defense younger. Somebody will throw a lot of money at the Pats to give him a chance to start. Detroit, Houston, are 2 possibilities.

Steelerlyn
11-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Cassell is gone next year, there's no way they'll be able to franchise him and keep Brady too plus try and get that defense younger. Somebody will throw a lot of money at the Pats to give him a chance to start. Detroit, Houston, are 2 possibilities.

LOL do you seriously think the Lions would be smart enough to get Cassel? It would
be nice if that happened.

Dean Denton
11-26-2008, 05:52 PM
There are a few teams he could go to. also if Brady cant go, then he stays. What do they do out there to make these back up college QB play so well? they must be cheating again.

yinzer
11-26-2008, 08:36 PM
There are a few teams he could go to. also if Brady cant go, then he stays. What do they do out there to make these back up college QB play so well? they must be cheating again.

watch what happens to matt casserole this sunday. 2 picks and a fumble. mark it down.

K Train
11-27-2008, 12:24 AM
cassel will be a seahawk if he leaves...calling it

theres talks of them trading brady and going with cassel though

JensK
11-27-2008, 01:11 AM

theres talks of them trading brady and going with cassel though

That would be insane. Cassel is going alright, no doub about it, but he is not Tom Brady. Brady is just in a whole other league than Cassel (And pretty much every QB in the league >.>). On the other site, i guees they would get quite a few ppl or money for him :P

Black@Gold Forever32
11-27-2008, 08:25 AM
Even if the Pats somehow go on and win the Super Bowl this year they will not ditch Tom Brady for Matt Cassel......Cassel will get a huge contract and you know his agent is dancing the jig...........Another point to make here to about Cassel....I'm sure the Pats OC Josh McDaniels will be a hot target for NFL owners seeking a new HC......You know McDaaniels would want Cassel as his QB......

How nice would it be to have a great offensive mind like McDaniels in Pittsburgh instead of Bruce Arians...lolNote here so people don't flip out....I'm not expecting or seeing McDaniels ending up in Pittsburgh next year....But just saying the Pats system is a proven system that works and McDaniels has done a very nice job this year with the Pats offense...Sure it helps to have Moss and Welker......But you have to credit the coaching as well....

SteelerNC
11-27-2008, 08:27 AM
cassell and brady should marrie each other and move to cleveland :)

Stlrs4Life
11-27-2008, 10:26 AM
Pretty good read, love the words from Shanahan from the Texans.

Steelers70
11-27-2008, 12:37 PM
We do in fact have the best Defense in the league. All that means is that New England likely won't get a 400 yard game on us. Unfortunately we have the 26th overall offense. The ones worse than us are consistantly the worst other than seattle. Lions, Oakland, Seattle, Rams, Cleveland, and Cincy... So we're bringing the 26th overall offense to face the 11th overall defense and the 7th overall offense. We didn't get the job done with the Giants nor the Colts. I don't see how we get it done against the Cheatriots who fall in between the former two unless we figure out something with our offensive packages.

Come Sunday, I'll believe as always, that the Steelers will win. But for now I have my doubts.

-Steelers70

SteelerFan87
11-27-2008, 01:06 PM
1. Cassel is going to go somewhere for big money and suck. And then people are going to wonder why he was able to play so well in New England, but outside of that system he sucks.

2. I do NOT want Josh McDaniels. How many NE assistant coaches have gone on to be successful in their next job? Eric Mangini, a little bit? Anybody can look like an offensive genius when he has Randy Moss on his team.

Dean Denton
11-28-2008, 07:29 PM

theres talks of them trading brady and going with cassel though I will laugh if they stick him out here. The team sucks, and Mora will be taking over next year,and they will suck harder. I look for Mora to try and get Tim Tebow in the draft, or snag Vick once he gets out of prison. Seattle is doomed. They were doomed once they got booted out of the AFC. They can only be as good as their division,and the NFC West sucks fat ***....lol

K Train
11-28-2008, 07:40 PM
We do in fact have the best Defense in the league. All that means is that New England likely won't get a 400 yard game on us. Unfortunately we have the 26th overall offense. The ones worse than us are consistantly the worst other than seattle. Lions, Oakland, Seattle, Rams, Cleveland, and Cincy... So we're bringing the 26th overall offense to face the 11th overall defense and the 7th overall offense. We didn't get the job done with the Giants nor the Colts. I don't see how we get it done against the Cheatriots who fall in between the former two unless we figure out something with our offensive packages.

Come Sunday, I'll believe as always, that the Steelers will win. But for now I have my doubts.

-Steelers70
the offense isnt ranked high but its much better than those 6 you mentioned, its not a great offense but at the very least its efficient

Gettysburgh_Steel
11-29-2008, 04:41 PM
all we have to do to win this game is break out the play book ,and execute. our offense is better than what ever ranking is tagged on them.now is the right time to break out all of our guns ,and make the defenses lay off thier "pressure Big Ben " attitudes. We have to make the defenses we face pay. This is the game we must show what kind of team we can be. I have no doubt we win this one big. 29-13

Iron City South
11-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Detriot is going to do what the Falcons did ...... gut the team and start anew.

My money says the Lions make a play for Cassell as their QB of the future.