PDA

View Full Version : Steelers are fine!

Gettysburgh_Steel
11-25-2008, 11:27 PM
We have had our share of injuries for sure.Did you ever, one time hear anyone on the team say," We would have won that game" , if we had "so" and "so" in the line-up?
I have heard them say if he can't play... "somebody else got to step up and play".
Thats where "coach" Tomlin comes in, along with some other coaches. "Anyone" on this team has the chance to be a starter.
Cower started a lot of "you have to grab hold of that chance when you get it". Tomlin is leading this team to believe just that.
He knows himself, that he is growing also! This is his second year at the helm ,he has got to be thinking of the mistakes that he has made. He has to got to be!!!! If we can get through this stretch ,with other players stepping in.........and make it through......watch out, who ever the team is ,that we must line-up against.
The monster may be let loose big time! I would not be surprised,if we trample the N.E. team. I would just sit there and smile to myself.
Steelers....big time!!!

yinzer
11-25-2008, 11:53 PM
frankly, i wouldn't be surprised if we blew out the remaining teams on our schedule. i said a few weeks ago that our offense WILL come around in a huge way. we've seen sparks of this the last couple of weeks. i know the bolts game was decided by 1 friggin point but we beat them up pretty bad.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-25-2008, 11:56 PM
And on the flip side I wouldn't be that surprised if we totally tank against the Pats and lose again the 4th quarter if not sooner. We are a precarious 8-3 right now, when you have 3 losses against winning teams and 8 wins against tied or losing teams at the time that tells me that this team is on the brink of either success or failure again. Our Defense is just sick, one of the best units we've witnessed in recent history. Our ST is really stepping up, but our beloved black n gold will go as far as Ben can take us.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-26-2008, 12:02 AM
:imho:It all depends on our Play Calling an Bens execution plain an simple:2cents:

yinzer
11-26-2008, 12:03 AM
And on the flip side I wouldn't be that surprised if we totally tank against the Pats and lose again the 4th quarter if not sooner. We are a precarious 8-3 right now, when you have 3 losses against winning teams and 8 wins against tied or losing teams at the time that tells me that this team is on the brink of either success or failure again. Our Defense is just sick, one of the best units we've witnessed in recent history. Our ST is really stepping up, but our beloved black n gold will go as far as Ben can take us.

well said, TG. well said.

Gettysburgh_Steel
11-26-2008, 12:17 AM
I fail to see how you say we are in a precarious situation,when we have had,stand-ins filling our positions? We have a chance to demolish a team, that has been a thorn in our side. There can not be any pitty ,when it comes to this game!!! You never show your hand on the first draw!!!!! You may limit the game footage ,but you also limit the footage of what you may want to accomplish for this "one" game.

SteelerSal
11-26-2008, 12:18 AM
I know, I know, we have Arians calling the shots on offense but I have a strong feeling that Ben and the rest of the offense is gonna play the way that we have been waiting for them to play.
The team has an extended period of rest and preperation so I expect that we will see new things the rest of the way from the offense. I FEEL IT!:cope:

Gettysburgh_Steel
11-26-2008, 12:33 AM
The question is ,can they stop what we bring to the table.........answer......no,i don't think so! We are the better team, We have the chance to prove it ,and i am sure that we will! Coaches and coaching , is what this game will be about! Not personell!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-26-2008, 12:33 AM
I fail to see how you say we are in a precarious situation,when we have had,stand-ins filling our positions? We have a chance to demolish a team, that has been a thorn in our side. There can not be any pitty ,when it comes to this game!!! You never show your hand on the first draw!!!!! You may limit the game footage ,but you also limit the footage of what you may want to accomplish for this "one" game.

Well mainly because our 8 wins have come against lesser opponents and even in some of those games it was close right up until the 4th quarter or the end of the game. Sure our backups have shown up big for us, we wouldn't be 8-3 without them for sure but the offense has failed us miserably in all 3 losses. Especially the Giants game and the Colts game. Believe me nothing would make me happier than seeing us stick it to Belicheat and the Pats, I'll be the first one waving the terrible towel if we rip their hearts out. I know we can beat them just like we could have beaten the Giants and Colts but Im just leary of getting to torqued up about this team right now until we beat a good, solid, well coached, team like the Pats. If we can win this game I'll be convinced we're on the right track and finally starting to put it all together. If we don't though it's another loss and another step backward in the division where we once held a 3 game lead.

Gettysburgh_Steel
11-26-2008, 01:26 AM
well this is the perfect chance to draw that notion from any dis-believers head. Not only do i believe that we are Knockin on the door, but we are comin in! Everything that we stand for ,is at stake right now. Trust and being a team will get us there.

AZ_Steeler
11-26-2008, 03:48 AM

You are absolutely right about Big Ben... given that he has looked sharp these past two weeks I think that is a sign of what is to come down the home stretch. When he drops back and delivers the ball quickly then the offense is efficient and keeps the chains moving. Ben is definitely the "X" factor though.

yinzer
11-26-2008, 09:41 AM
Well mainly because our 8 wins have come against lesser opponents and even in some of those games it was close right up until the 4th quarter or the end of the game. Sure our backups have shown up big for us, we wouldn't be 8-3 without them for sure but the offense has failed us miserably in all 3 losses. Especially the Giants game and the Colts game. Believe me nothing would make me happier than seeing us stick it to Belicheat and the Pats, I'll be the first one waving the terrible towel if we rip their hearts out. I know we can beat them just like we could have beaten the Giants and Colts but Im just leary of getting to torqued up about this team right now until we beat a good, solid, well coached, team like the Pats. If we can win this game I'll be convinced we're on the right track and finally starting to put it all together. If we don't though it's another loss and another step backward in the division where we once held a 3 game lead.

TG, although i understand your feelings, two of our 3 losses were due to mental gaffes by our beloved big ben. we DOMINATED the colts and the giants! if, and it's not a big if, ben plays solid we should roll the cheatriots. i'm calling it right now...
MEN OF STILL 28
CHEATERS 7

drucifer
11-26-2008, 10:43 AM
I'm with top gun. Given the O's spotty performance, I'm hoping for nothing, because I don't know what I'm going to get. I know their potential - which is great - but I don't have enough evidence with which to run in either direction. I will say this, they will not beat us on the ground...and if we don't disrupt the rhythm of the dink-and-dunk, it's going to be a long day for our D.

snowman79
11-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Hey people why are we even discussing defeat we know where the mistakes have came and what did and didnt cost us a game, but hey they are gone its history lets look forward. Get behind the guys on the field no matter who we are up against we must believe we can take them i have played this game for over 20 years and never, never have i kitted up in the dressing room thinking i was walking out on to a filed to play in a game i didnt think i would win. We have the capability of beating ANYONE if we all get together and play as one unit, one team belive in each other and we will win through.

IT IS TIME TO BELIEVE PEOPLE !!! :woodson:

WE ARE THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS :steelers1:

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO !!!!!!!!! :herewego:

:tt02::helmet::tt02::helmet::tt02::helmet::tt02::h elmet::tt02::helmet::tt02::helmet::tt02:

drucifer
11-26-2008, 12:33 PM
You're right snowman, and "hoping for nothing" is not exactly what I meant. "Predicting nothing" would have been more accurate. I know our boys can win, they are more than capable, and I do hope they do.

Moondog
11-27-2008, 03:36 AM
I always stand behind the Steelers, win or lose. I'm the type of guy who thinks it is more important to wear Steeler colors the day after a loss rather than after a win. I, of course hope they win every game, but I must admit I am not sold on these 8-3 Steelers, I think they can go either way this year. I have to see a dominating performance on all three phases of the game against a quality opponent for me to be convinced. The pressure is on the offense which has taken baby steps as of late.... lets hope for a "full on sprint" this weekend. The aforementioned was the rational side, but my fanatical fan, homer side of me is getting "that feeling" that the offensive cogs are going to start rolling finally and the Patriots are about to be squashed like a rotten grape, sending Belicheck home with that look on his face and the rest of the league will shudder at the thought of facing The Pittsburgh Steelers. :tt02:

Gettysburgh_Steel
11-27-2008, 03:10 PM
I always stand behind the Steelers, win or lose. I'm the type of guy who thinks it is more important to wear Steeler colors the day after a loss rather than after a win. I, of course hope they win every game, but I must admit I am not sold on these 8-3 Steelers, I think they can go either way this year. I have to see a dominating performance on all three phases of the game against a quality opponent for me to be convinced. The pressure is on the offense which has taken baby steps as of late.... lets hope for a "full on sprint" this weekend. The aforementioned was the rational side, but my fanatical fan, homer side of me is getting "that feeling" that the offensive cogs are going to start rolling finally and the Patriots are about to be squashed like a rotten grape, sending Belicheck home with that look on his face and the rest of the league will shudder at the thought of facing The Pittsburgh Steelers. :tt02:

I kind of like the way you think,and that was kind of where i wanted to go with that post. We have not shown anything on offense this for into the season. The games we have lost, were very winable games. When is the breakout game coming for the offense?
Why show "everything" you can do on that side of the ball ?The play-offs are not even here yet.Less film............means less chance of cheating!!!!!

Stlrs4Life
11-27-2008, 06:17 PM

Fully agree. I would feel a lot better if I had confidence in our offense.

Dean Denton
11-28-2008, 02:17 PM
I am on the fence for this game. I look at last year, and I know the scores says we got smoked, but we still had every chance in that game. How many times did they turn us away in the Red Zone? We had no problem moving the ball on them just getting into the End zone, and our secondary was differnet last year then this year. Our OL doesn't seem any worse this year then last year, its just we have been playing better teams this year. We have the toughest schedule since the 1976 Giants, and we are sitting at 8-3. Thats pretty good considering our Off has been so up and down all year. We knew that we were not going 16-0, and 2 of our loses were because we blew it, not that we got out played. We have dropped 4 in a row against the Pats, and I think we are due for a big win. I like Bens chances a hell of a lot better then Cassel when it comes down to which QB can beat the other teams Def. I think its safe to say neither team will run the ball against the other. The Pats are good at stopping the run, and we really have no running game, so there ya go. Dick will give them the dink and dunk, but we can not give up the big plays again. This game will not define our season, nor will it give us any sign of things to come. Win or Lose we just need to keep grinding it out. If we make the playoffs, then the season starts over, and we are 0-0. We have had our backs to the wall before, and no one thought being a 6th seed that we could go and/or then win a SB. We have the #1 Def, and all our Off needs to do is be just a little better. We can do this. We can win it all. If we lose to the Pats, its not over, but it hurts our playoff hopes because we have already lost to the Colts too. We might have to win the North to make it into the playoffs. If we have to play the Colts or the Pats in the playoffs I know that we will beat them. However, can we get there?