PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Game Looms Large

BlackGold4vr
11-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Looking forward at the remaining games for the Steelers and the Ravens one would have to give the edge to the Ravens. We have 4 of 5 games with teams destined for the playoffs while the Ravens will face 3 of 5 teams headed for the playoffs. That makes the game between us in 3 weeks one of the most important. Here is a look at how the 2 teams schedules stack up:

Steelers | Ravens
@NE | @CIN
DAL | WASH
@BAL | PITT
@TEN | @DAL
CLE | JAX

JensK
11-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Looking forward at the remaining games for the Steelers and the Ravens one would have to give the edge to the Ravens. We have 4 of 5 games with teams destined for the playoffs while the Ravens will face 3 of 5 teams headed for the playoffs. That makes the game between us in 3 weeks one of the most important. Here is a look at how the 2 teams schedules stack up:

Steelers | Ravens
@NE | @CIN
DAL | WASH
@BAL | PITT
@TEN | @DAL
CLE | JAX

imo, Steelers should beat all the remaining teams. NE can be tough, be Cassel wont have a 400y game against Steelers, thats a promise! He is going to be pushed around all day!

Dallas is going to be tough aswell, although we do have the home field advantage. Its going to be a real test. If we win this one, we are def. going to get a higher Seed than Jets imo.

Baltimore.. well do or die pretty much.

Titans.. honestly, it shouldnt be THAT hard. They got destoryed by the jets, and Jets really arent that good. They've got Farve and thats it. We should be able to shut them down completely, and then thats it. gg :P

Browns.. This may turn out to be an important game in matters of seed. Not that it matters. We should be able to beat the clowns fairly easy.

Ravens is going to have a hard time against Dallas and Washinton... Looks like Portis is back on track, so that may cause some trouble for the Ravens. They have shown weakness against great runners. Jaguars is never an easy game, but they should be able to get out of there with a victory.. Mind you, that we do have a 2 game advantage right now, but it'll be all gone if we loose in Baltimore, and then it comes down to the last 4 games... Its going to be tough, so we may aswell just win in Baltimore and put us 4 games ahead.

ejsteeler
11-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Well, if nothing else, it will be an exciting end of the season. It could easily go either way with our offensive woes. Anyone have a hat with a rabbit in it? :bunny:

K Train
11-24-2008, 01:43 PM
honestly saying the steelers are gonna win out for sure is a ridiculous thing to say...if we finisg 3-2 we should be in good shape...ravens really shouldnt be an issue if we get to 11-5

LatrobePA
11-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Ravens will play us tough like they did Philly, will be a tough game, so we'll need to pick a few wins up along the way!!

Dean Denton
11-24-2008, 02:13 PM
This is going to be tough for us. We play good teams, and being at home is no advantage for us. Cassel is going to test our pass Def. I know a lot of people dont think he's all that good, but he's playing at a high level right now. The Jets and the Dolphins might not have the Def we do, but Cassel has been getting better with each week. We are going to need to keep him on the bench, and start running ther ball better. That team is well coached, and has always found ways to beat us. Yes on paper we should win 4 or 5 of our last 5 games, but we all know how this league is.

Ben talks about how this team has not played their best Off yet this year. Well this Sunday would be a great time to start.

Troyisabeast_43
11-24-2008, 03:41 PM

Steelers | Ravens
@NE | @CIN
DAL | WASH
@BAL | PITT
@TEN | @DAL
CLE | JAX

If the Steelers win the next 2 games against the Patriots and Cowboys no matter what the Ravens do against Cincy and Washington they will be in good shape to win the division even if they do end up losing to Baltimore on December 14th. The odds are Baltimore is probably going to lose to the Redskins, and they are going to lose in Dallas the week after they play the Steelers. The Ravens are still the ones that have to make up the one game deficit on the Steelers not the other way around. The Steelers still own the head to head tiebraker over them for the division until they can beat them.

The Ravens had better be careful going into Cincy this coming Sunday because the Bengals have been playing better at home here recently. They took teams such as the Giants and Cowboys right down to the wire on the road, and have won the last 3 meetings between the 2 teams in Cincy. Plus, the games are always close. This could be a trap game for the Ravens and a much tougher game then a lot of people think. I dont know if the Bengals will beat the Ravens, but I also dont think that game will be a blowout like a lot of people think it will be. The Bengals will show up and play hard and definitely want to try and win that game and screw the Ravens playoff chances.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-24-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm really not thinking about the Baltimore game yet....The Steelers travel to New England and play the Cowgirls in Pittsburgh before heading to Baltimore....The Steelers have lost five straight games in Baltimore so I'm not expecting them to win that game anyway.....They need to take care of business these next two weeks and win these two games......

Troyisabeast_43
11-24-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm really not thinking about the Baltimore game yet....The Steelers travel to New England and play the Cowgirls in Pittsburgh before heading to Baltimore....The Steelers have lost five straight games in Baltimore so I'm not expecting them to win that game anyway.....They need to take care of business these next two weeks and win these two games......

I agree we will worry about the Ravens game when it arrives here in 2 short weeks from this Sunday. The Ravens pretty much know that they cannot afford to fall 2 games back of the Steelers in the AFC North and face a 2 game deficit going into that game. So just like the Steelers pretty much MUST win in New England and here at home against Dallas, the Ravens by the same token MUST win in Cincinnati this Sunday which I can assure you will not be an easy game for them to win, and then win the following week against a pretty good Redskins team who will be desperate and will need to win that game to stay alive for a wildcard spot in the playoffs in the NFC.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-24-2008, 04:48 PM
If it comes down to that final game against the ratbirds it's going to be a slug fest like we've never seen before. We can't afford to go into that game behind them so we need to stay ahead and atleast be in the position of keeping our 1/2 game lead so if the worse happens and depending on the rest of the year plays out with points then we'll still have the edge.

We know we can beat the ratbirds, we've done it tons of times before, but divisional games with playoff implications are always tough.

AZ_Steeler
11-24-2008, 04:51 PM
The Dallas game for the Steelers will be the big one... TO won't be able to get lose in the mud and torn up field so that clearly gives the edge to the Steelers!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Dallas will be a big game because they play a lot like we do and also Tennesse. Tough D, good ST, and an offense than make big plays but generally just wants to be efficient and to their part. Our defense doesn't worry me playing anyone in the league, it's offense trying to not shoot itself in the foot that worries me.

SteelersWoman
11-24-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm really not thinking about the Baltimore game yet....The Steelers travel to New England ......

On that note--anyone else hear Bus saying that Matt Light might be suspended in the game against us on Sunday vs Pats?

Dean Denton
11-24-2008, 08:05 PM
On that note--anyone else hear Bus saying that Matt Light might be suspended in the game against us on Sunday vs Pats? No, but I said it to my dad.....lol

HUNT4SEVEN
11-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Honestly i think we will go 4-1 to finish the season:yesnod:. The only thing that bothers me is the Play Calling:banging:We can't afford to becalling B.S plays we have to play these last five games like they are playoffs games:imho:

Zachintosh66
11-26-2008, 12:37 AM
I only see the ravens getting 2 more wins at best...

Pitts NE this week is bigger than it seems...

We can get Dallas, IMO
I dont think Ten is "all that"
We still Got Clev on the schedule

Steel Trap86
11-26-2008, 02:35 AM
I think the Baltimore game is shaping up to be a big one. The Ravens play the bengals this week and if they get the win will be right behind the Steelers again...if not tied. This 3 game stretch will determine a lot. If the Steelers can beat the Pats, Cowboys & Ravens then they should take the division and number 2 seed.