PDA

View Full Version : McNabb pulled after poor first half

Captcoolhand
11-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Could this be the Start to an End for McNabb?

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was benched after the first half of Sunday's game against the Baltimore Ravens following a miserable performance in which he committed three turnovers and failing to produce any points.

McNabb was 8-for-18 for 59 yards and two interceptions and a fumble a miserable 13.2 quarterback rating.

One week earlier, he threw three interceptions and lost a fumble in an overtime tie with Cincinnati.

After that game, the 10-year veteran said he didn't realize an NFL game could end in a tie.

With the Eagles down 10-7 at halftime Sunday, Philadelphia coach Andy Reid turned to Kevin Kolb, a second-round pick who didn't throw a pass as a rookie last year and had attempted nine throws this season.

In fairness to McNabb, he didn't get much support from the running game: the Eagles had 35 yards rushing in the first half, and McNabb had 7 of them.

Troyisabeast_43
11-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Could this be the Start to an End for McNabb?

The Eagles were a complete and total embarrassment today in that game in Baltimore. There wasnt even no need for Andy Reid to pull McNabb to start the second half. It was only 10-7 at halftime and the Eagles had some momentum going into the half since they ran back a kickoff for a TD that made it 10-7 after the Ravens had just scored to make it 10-0. The point is McNabb should have probably been left in this game because the guy they put in Kolb was terrible and really gave them no chance to win that game on the road against a pretty good defense. The Ravens despite scoring 36 points today still do not look that impressive to me. Their offense cannot move the ball and they rely too much on turnovers to score points. When they play the better teams like they have already this year that dont do those kind of things all the time they usually end up losing and sometimes getting blown out.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2008, 09:12 PM
The eagles are a complete disaster right now, McNabb is terrible and Reid just can't get this team moving any more. I wouldn't be surprised if they are both gone after this year.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-23-2008, 11:37 PM
McNabb wants out of Philly plain an simple:yellowthumb::imho:

$teelersRule
11-24-2008, 12:23 AM
this team is horrible how did we lose to them?:evilshake:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-24-2008, 12:25 AM
this team is horrible how did we lose to them?:evilshake:

Ben was sacked 9 times and our offense didn't do ****....That is how....lol

LarryNJ
11-24-2008, 06:45 AM
I think it's the start of the end of McNabb in Philly but he's far from done. I think that he will go to another team and have several good years. Reid is the joke and the real problem. McNabb would probably have a couple of rings if Reid was a better coach. He insist on passing 75% of the time and thinks that any reciever can do the job because his system is so good. Other than a year an a half with TO, when they went to the SB McNabb has never had a good reciever to throw to.