PDA

View Full Version : Injury updates on #99 & #39 & #10

LatrobePA
11-21-2008, 12:33 AM
Worried about these two...Holmes will be fine, but I'm betting 99 will be on IR and 39 might not be too far behind, said he banged up his knee again...

Fingers crossed!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2008, 12:35 AM
There is no status update on Keisel right now so don't jump to conclusions on him just yet. They said Willie tweaked his knee but they didn't think it was serious at this time, they'll re-evaluate both tomorrow.

Yeah Holmes just got his bell rung so he'll be ok most likely.

LatrobePA
11-21-2008, 12:37 AM
Just hate seeing the docs working the knee like that, looked grim...The way it sounded Coach was worried about that one...

AZ_Steeler
11-21-2008, 01:44 AM
You can blame Harrison for Keisel's injury... maybe had he kept his head up when he went in for the kill he would have noticed he was about to take his own player out.

As for Willie... he showed signs of hope last week but those must have been false hope signs!

Pittsburgh|Rush|Yds|Avg|Lng
M. Moore|15|56|3.7|15
W. Parker|14|37|2.6|15

But wait... there's "Moore"

Pittsburgh|Rec|Yds|Avg|Lng
S. Holmes|5|84|16.8|27
H. Miller|4|44|11.0|19
M. Moore|4|41|10.3|22
H. Ward|1|37|37.0|37
L. Sweed|2|25|12.5|17
N. Washington|1|12|12.0|12

Steelersfan
11-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Anyone know if he was really hurt or if there is any truth to the link Steelers Woman posted here (http://steeleraddicts.com/forum/showpost.php?p=248305&postcount=10) that he wasn't put back in because he was getting no where?

The decision to remove an inefficient Parker was a good one, especially when Moore was productive in the second half.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08326/929613-66.stm

Credit to SW for that link.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Anyone know if he was really hurt or if there is any truth to the link Steelers Woman posted here (http://steeleraddicts.com/forum/showpost.php?p=248305&postcount=10) that he wasn't put back in because he was getting no where?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08326/929613-66.stm

Credit to SW for that link.

The most serious might be defensive end Brett Keisel, who left the game in the fourth quarter with a sprained right knee. The Steelers also lost receiver Santonio Holmes and halfback Willie Parker to injuries in the second half. Holmes has a concussion but should be fine, according to Tomlin. Parker "tweaked" his previously injured knee, the coach said, and left the game for good after a 15-yard run in the third quarter.

Parker just had a 15 yd run before he left, they wouldn't have pulled him if he wasn't hurt again. The whole offense was struggling in the first half, not just willie so yet again the media is trying to make it out like he was terrible all by himself when everybody else was doing nothing too.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Well it looked like Willie really wasn't trying to run hard last night:imho: i hope Kiesel is ok were gonna need him:crossfingers:

Stairwayto7
11-21-2008, 10:47 AM
The sod is tough on parker! Holmes I hope is alright, he was smiling on the sidelines, I just hope that he knows what he was smiling about. Keisel really sucks

drucifer
11-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Before Willie got yanked, I noticed he was having trouble. I thought either a)he's hurt or b)he's having a difficult time cutting on the playing surface. I gave him the benefit of the doubt until I saw how well MeMo performed. I knew then that he was hurt.

scott0326
11-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Nothing big but here is some small updates
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&line=131794

Willie Parker pulled up lame on a third quarter rushing attempt Thursday.
Fast Willie didn't appear to step in a hole, but he hasn't returned to the game since awkwardly stepping out of bounds. There's been no word on whether it's an aggravation of his sprained left knee or if he pulled something else. With little room to run, Parker had just 37 yards on 15 carries when he suffered the injury

Santonio Holmes left Thursday's game against the Bengals with a concussion in the third quarter. He did not return.
After Ben Roethlisberger hit Santonio on a hot-read slant for the third time, Cris Crocker was there waiting and blew him up. Holmes was on his way to a season-best game with five receptions for 84 yards through two and a half quarters.

Brett Keisel left Thursday's game in the fourth quarter with a sprained right knee. He did not return.
Keisel limped off after being hit by teammate James Harrison on a tackle attempt. Chris Hoke replaced him.

I'm a little worried about the Santonio Holmes injury, when he got up after that hit he looked a little woozy and almost fell before Heath Miller grabbed him and concussions can be unpredictable.

Keisel has played great this year, but a knee sprain doesn't sound good especially for a lineman, Willie Parker is hurt every other week so this doesn't come as a surprise, I just hope Moore and Russell can continue to play good.

Stlrs4Life
11-21-2008, 11:42 AM
At this point, I would trade Wille for an OL. I'm ready to move on with Moore, and Mennenhall. And Gary Russell.

steelerschick1220
11-21-2008, 11:53 AM
I hope keisel is okay. It doesn't sound too promising, though.

What is up with Willie!!!??? He gets injured like every other week.

JensK
11-21-2008, 12:48 PM
This is where my football knowlegde stops; Would Hoke be able to step in for Keisel while he is out? Hoke is a beast at hes normal spot, but would he fail completely at keisels spot?

scott0326
11-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Not sure, Hoke played pretty good last night, I think they'd play Nick Eason if Hoke doesn't work out, however none of them are Keisel.

JensK
11-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Yeah, im not a big fan of Eason though :/ Hoke is by far a better player than Eason imho. But again, its on different positions..

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2008, 01:30 PM
This is where my football knowlegde stops; Would Hoke be able to step in for Keisel while he is out? Hoke is a beast at hes normal spot, but would he fail completely at keisels spot?

Hoke is not a DE, he doesn't have the speed to that Keisel has to drop back in coverage as much or be able to be the diverse player that Keisel is. Hoke is absolutely a stand out NT and is able to occupy a double team no problem and force he way back into the backfield. In a pinch he could play it if he had too but he's not the prototypical DE for a 34. It's the same thing as asking Hampton to play DE, just wouldn't get the optimal results.

scott0326
11-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Hoke is not a DE, he doesn't have the speed to that Keisel has to drop back in coverage as much or be able to be the diverse player that Keisel is. Hoke is absolutely a stand out NT and is able to occupy a double team no problem and force he way back into the backfield. In a pinch he could play it if he had too but he's not the prototypical DE for a 34. It's the same thing as asking Hampton to play DE, just wouldn't get the optimal results.
Hampton as a DE, that'd be funny if he got an INT and had to run:hilarious:

--- Added 11/21/2008 at 01:31 PM ---

Another update on Holmes

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin says Santonio Holmes "should be fine" despite suffering a concussion in Thursday night's win.
He's probably day to day. Holmes was beating Bengals top corner Leon Hall all over the field and had 84 yards on five catches before exiting. With a long week of rest upcoming Santonio should be available to play in Week 13.

Dee Mca
11-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Watching Casey rumble down the field going for a pick 6 would be a highlight of the year for sure. Hopefully with the 10 days off the guys can heal up enough to be able to play against NE.

JensK
11-21-2008, 04:29 PM
Watching Casey rumble down the field going for a pick 6 would be a highlight of the year for sure. Hopefully with the 10 days off the guys can heal up enough to be able to play against NE.

reminds me of Colon picking that fumble up.. Man that was amazing.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Losing Keisel would suck big time....But the backup DE's have played well this year when they have been called upon....Nick Eason actually has improved from last year...He has 2 sacks this year....

lloydfan4life
11-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Watching Casey rumble down the field going for a pick 6 would be a highlight of the year for sure...

I'm wondering if maybe this is what happened in practice that caused the hole in the practice field that Willie fell in and tweaked his knee on a few weeks back? :lol:

As far as Santonio..... HOLY SHIAT..... did that boy get his bell rung or what?? I'm surprised it was ONLY a concussion. You'd have thought it was Hines who laid that hit on him!

Steelersfan
11-21-2008, 08:45 PM
I can tell you one thing, if that had been a Steeler player that had laid that hit on any other team, they would have been called for taking a shot to the head and been fined.

lloydfan4life
11-21-2008, 08:54 PM
I can tell you one thing, if that had been a Steeler player that had laid that hit on any other team, they would have been called for taking a shot to the head and been fined.

You're absolutely right. It will be interesting to see if any fines come out of that hit. :thinking:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2008, 11:47 PM
The lack of a running game in the 1st half was the not the fault of Willie, Moore most likely wouldn't have done any better. The entire offense was sluggish then and it's also clear that the last 2 weeks that Parker has been back our offense has played better and moved the ball more. We need this kid in the lineup for the stretch run, we can't afford to have him down for any longer. Our 3 backs are better together than apart.

Steelersfan
11-22-2008, 12:14 AM
The lack of a running game in the 1st half was the not the fault of Willie, Moore most likely wouldn't have done any better. The entire offense was sluggish then and it's also clear that the last 2 weeks that Parker has been back our offense has played better and moved the ball more. We need this kid in the lineup for the stretch run, we can't afford to have him down for any longer. Our 3 backs are better together than apart.

I'll agree with the bold part.......:lol:

Stairwayto7
11-23-2008, 09:45 PM
.... its the fact that our reserves have gotten alot of playing time, and have played well. We`ve had reserves in at almost every position, and we`ve had success, except the punter. Our TE have played well, CB`s, QB, WR, RB, and especially our back up defensive linemen. It will be nice to get Townsend, McFadden, Parker, but we aare solid behind our starters. Coming down the stretch, and into the playoffs, this could be key. When the healthiest teams usually have the most success.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-23-2008, 09:47 PM
.... its the fact that our reserves have gotten alot of playing time, and have played well. We`ve had reserves in at almost every position, and we`ve had success, except the punter. Our TE have played well, CB`s, QB, WR, RB, and especially our back up defensive linemen. It will be nice to get Townsend, McFadden, Parker, but we aare solid behind our starters. Coming down the stretch, and into the playoffs, this could be key. When the healthiest teams usually have the most success.

One player that has really improved is Willie Gay.....Not bad for a 5th round pick......I think he has shown that he can play in this league and really the defense hasn't missed a beat with him in there.....

Troyisabeast_43
11-23-2008, 10:04 PM
One player that has really improved is Willie Gay.....Not bad for a 5th round pick......I think he has shown that he can play in this league and really the defense hasn't missed a beat with him in there.....

I agree William Gay has done a nice job filling in the last few weeks for Deshea and taking advantage of this opportunity to start. It looks as if Brett Keisel's injury could be serious as well so he could end up being out for maybe the rest of the year so yet again guys like Eason,Kirschke,Roye and Hoke are going to get a chance to step in and hopefully not miss a beat...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2008, 11:14 PM
If we didn't have the quality of depth that we do this team would have been out of the playoff chase by the end of October. Guys like Moore, Gay, Washington, Madison, Hoke, Stapleton, Spaeth, Leftwich, Timmons, etc have really stepped up and taken advantage of their opportunities.

Stairwayto7
11-24-2008, 06:17 AM
If we didn't have the quality of depth that we do this team would have been out of the playoff chase by the end of October. Guys like Moore, Gay, Washington, Madison, Hoke, Stapleton, Spaeth, Leftwich, Timmons, etc have really stepped up and taken advantage of their opportunities.

Agreed! There is no doubt about that! We`ve gone through one hell of a stretch of injuries! Just over a year ago we questioned are depth of our linebackers, now as the Steelers usually do, we`re stacked!

Fordy
11-24-2008, 09:46 PM
tfdfggg

JensK
11-25-2008, 05:05 AM
Injury update

Defensive end Brett Keisel, who missed three games earlier this season with a calf injury, sprained his left knee against the Bengals and is expected to miss the next few games.

The injury is not to the same leg in which he had the calf injury. Keisel will likely be replaced by veteran Travis Kirschke.

The status of running back Willie Parker, who appeared to tweak his injured knee against the Bengals, will be updated today when Tomlin holds his weekly televised news conference.

The players have been off since Thursday night and report back to work today.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08330/930554-66.stm

Question: Why would Travis Kirschke step in instead of Eason? :thinking:

DanRooney
11-25-2008, 05:08 AM

The offense was sluggish at the beginning of the season because Ben couldn't beat the rush. All of our plays last year were big; Ben buying time to throw deep. His yards per completion numbers were the best in the league. Moore is so successful in our offense because HE IS the reason Ben is beating the rush. Notice the difference in sacks since hes been our starter. Lots of dump plays to him when keep defenses on their toes when they want to blitz.

Stairwayto7
11-25-2008, 06:34 AM
Just hoping he gets healed up for the long haul! He is a stud! Maybe the most under rated DL in the AFC

BlitzburghRockCity
11-25-2008, 08:00 AM
We can be glad atleast it's not the same injury as before just coming back. Man we miss Keisel when he's not in there, especially now heading into these next few games.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-25-2008, 08:01 AM
I'll agree with the bold part.......:lol:

Hey listen here troublemaker :lol:

Steelersfan
11-25-2008, 08:26 AM
Hey listen here troublemaker :lol:

What? I was agreeing with you..........:greengrin:

yinzer
11-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Question: Why would Travis Kirschke step in instead of Eason? :thinking:

i was thinking the same thing..... :thinking:

Ambridge
11-25-2008, 08:53 AM
The real question should be is why "Cleveland Retread" Nick Eason is even on the roster??

Travis Kirschke has been an adequate veteran back-up for the Steelers and a definate upgrade over Nick Eason.

greennick
11-25-2008, 09:34 AM
tfdfggg
well said, I couldn't agree more...

:plus1:

JensK
11-25-2008, 09:36 AM
The real question should be is why "Cleveland Retread" Nick Eason is even on the roster??

Travis Kirschke has been an adequate veteran back-up for the Steelers and a definate upgrade over Nick Eason.

Eason's been playing really good this year, and i believe he's got two sacks already as a back-up.. That is not to bad at all.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Holmes will be back this week, Heath is healthy, hopefully Parker is back..other than Keisel being out now for a couple weeks or so we are about as healthy as we're going to get this year and we need to stay that way. Getting McFadden back hopefully this week is going to be huge for us against Moss and Welker.

LatrobePA
11-25-2008, 10:22 AM
I will not be please if we don't lay at least one nasty hit on Moss, I pretty much hate this guy!! Welker is a stud after the catch, we need to wrap his *** up and bring him down quickly!! One mistake by Cassel will be running upright, that'll lead to a concussion!!

BlitzburghNation
11-25-2008, 11:03 AM
One thing i'm not worried about this week is our DEFENSE,,,,,,They've been solid all year!

Just hope our offense shows up & :chair: them patzeez :moon:

I'm still waiting for our offense to explode and maybe this is the week :crossfingers:

Stairwayto7
11-25-2008, 11:09 AM
I will not be please if we don't lay at least one nasty hit on Moss, I pretty much hate this guy!! Welker is a stud after the catch, we need to wrap his *** up and bring him down quickly!! One mistake by Cassel will be running upright, that'll lead to a concussion!!

welker is the one that scares me, we have to limit his run after the catch rac

scott0326
11-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Update on Keisel
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=679

Steelers DE Brett Keisel is expected to miss the next few games with a sprained knee.
It is not related to the calf injury that kept him out earlier this season. Veteran Travis Kirschke likely will be his replacement.

Dean Denton
11-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Travis can get it done. We should be fine.

Stlrs4Life
11-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Per KDKA text I just received.

http://kdka.com/steelers

K Train
11-25-2008, 01:16 PM
eason has been playing lights out this year, he'll be on the field quite a bit

scott0326
11-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Santonio Holmes is expected to play

Coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday that Santonio Holmes (concussion) is expected to play this week.
Holmes suffered a concussion Thursday night and may have a light practice load, but will suit up against the Patriots.

Troyisabeast_43
11-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Missed the Press Conference today any word on how serious Keisel's injury is and if Willie Parker will play on Sunday?? Also, did Tomlin say that McFadden and Deshea are good to go as well for the Pats game??

JensK
11-26-2008, 03:04 AM
Steelers Notebook: Parker might be out Sunday
Swollen knee makes him questionable for game against New England
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Halfback Willie Parker has swelling in his left knee and coach Mike Tomlin listed him as questionable to play Sunday for the Steelers at the New England Patriots.

Parker left in the third quarter of the game Thursday against Cincinnati after he pulled up out of bounds after a 15-yard run.

Mewelde Moore will start at halfback if Parker cannot return.

Cornerback Bryant McFadden could return to play; Tomlin also listed him as questionable. McFadden has not played since his right forearm was broken Oct. 19.

Tomlin listed cornerback Deshea Townsend as doubtful with a hamstring injury that has caused him to miss the past two games, and offensive left tackle Marvel Smith is "status quo," not a good sign since Smith has missed the past six games with a back problem.

The coach confirmed that defensive end Brett Keisel will miss the New England game with a sprained MCL in his left knee and may miss two more games after that.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08331/930838-66.stm

I really hope Parker and McFadden is back..!

edit: another good article from the pressconference: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80ccda11&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Captcoolhand
11-26-2008, 07:13 AM
PITTSBURGH (AP) - The Pittsburgh Steelers, unable to get their running game going recently without Willie Parker, may not have Parker or four other starters for Sunday's key AFC game at New England.

Defensive end Brett Keisel could miss three games with a sprained medial collateral ligament. Coach Mike Tomlin also doesn't know if cornerback Deshea TownsendBryant McFadden (broken forearm, questionable) and left tackle Marvel Smith (back, status uncertain) can play. (hamstring, doubtful), cornerback

Smith has missed six games due to persistent back pain and Tomlin said Tuesday he remains "status quo." Wide receiver Santonio Holmes sat out part of the Bengals game with a concussion, but is expected to play.

Parker is questionable due to left knee inflammation. He missed four games earlier because of a sprained knee and another with a shoulder injury, and the Steelers were 3-2 without him. Parker was held to 37 yards on 14 carries before his knee began bothering him again during a 27-10 victory over Cincinnati on Thursday.

The injury flare-up is occurring at the same time the Steelers' schedule is toughening, with the Patriots (7-4), Cowboys (7-4), Ravens (7-4) and Titans (10-1) upcoming the next four Sundays.

Man and our schedule isn't getting any easier....:duh:

Stairwayto7
11-26-2008, 07:16 AM
We`ve been playinhg through injuries the entire season, and most of these guys have missed time already and we were alright. Go Steelers!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-26-2008, 08:01 AM
Yeah big deal, it's not like we've had these players for the last 5 weeks so we are what we are, we have to suck it up and get out there. On Tomlin's press conference yesterday he said that Parker, McFadden, and Townsend were all questionable for this week and that Keisel would be out.

greennick
11-26-2008, 08:15 AM
The injury flare-up is occurring at the same time the Steelers' schedule is toughening, with the Patriots (7-4), Cowboys (7-4), Ravens (7-4) and Titans (10-1) upcoming the next four Sundays.

I'm more scared of that schedule than the injuries! We seem very adept at dealing with injuries, but 2 out of 4 of those games would almost be a good result. We could win all 4, but you would have to say that is not likely!

Really hope we get up for the Pats, I am taking the day off and getting up bloody early in the morning to watch the game, so they better put on a show for me. :yellowthumb:

Plus, I hate the Pats, they would be the number 1 team there I want to beat because they are a bunch of cheats. Then the Ravens because that would pretty much wrap up the Division. :clap:

Stairwayto7
11-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Its more important at this point, to get healthy for the playoffs.

SteelersWoman
11-29-2008, 01:46 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80ce168b&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers running back Willie Parker practiced for the second successive day Friday despite left knee inflammation and could play Sunday at New England.

Parker is listed as questionable; Steelers players who practice on the Friday before games usually play.

Parker, a three-time 1,000-yard rusher, recently missed five games in a six-game span with knee and shoulder injuries. He played in the last two games, but was pulled when the knee flared up after he gained 37 yards on 14 carries against Cincinnati on Nov. 20.

Also taking part in a full practice were cornerbacks Bryant McFadden (http://www.nfl.com/players/bryantmcfadden/profile?id=MCF082537) (broken forearm) and Deshea Townsend (http://www.nfl.com/players/desheatownsend/profile?id=TOW776442) (hamstring). McFadden missed the last five games and Townsend the last two.

The Steelers were hopeful that the two veteran cornerbacks would return against the Patriots (7-4) and Matt Cassel (http://www.nfl.com/players/mattcassel/profile?id=CAS541133), who has thrown for 400-plus yards in his last two games. Pittsburgh (8-3) leads Baltimore (7-4) by one game in the AFC North.

As expected, defensive end Brett Keisel (http://www.nfl.com/players/brettkeisel/profile?id=KEI384586) (knee) and left tackle Marvel Smith (http://www.nfl.com/players/marvelsmith/profile?id=SMI506340) (back) were ruled out. Keisel is expected to miss two more games, and Smith hasn't played in six games.

Steelersfan
11-29-2008, 11:38 AM
I would hope they would let Parker sit out and get healthy. I don't see where he would make the difference in this game really. The Pats always give up a lot of yards and the Steelers O should be able to move the ball with or without him. The key is getting TD's instead of FG's and not turning the ball over.

Good to see McFadden and Townsend back!! This is the type of team the Steelers will need all the DB's healthy.

JensK
11-30-2008, 03:33 PM
INACTIVES

STEELERS

QB Dennis Dixon (3rd), CB Bryant McFadden, DB Fernando Bryant, RB Najeh Davenport, LB Bruce Davis, T Tony Hills, T Marvel Smith, DE Brett Keisel.

PATRIOTS

QB Matt Gutierrez, WR Kelley Washington, RB LaMont Jordan, T Wesley Britt, G Billy Yates, TE Tyson DeVree, DE Ty Warren, LB Adalius Thomas.

it SUCKS that McFadden didnt get ready :/

K Train
11-30-2008, 03:41 PM
was really hoping to have mcfadden back

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Damnit, how f'n long does it take to come back from a busted arm it's not like he blew out his knee or something! :cursin:

I guess Townsend is going to play then atleast...

K Train
11-30-2008, 03:55 PM
id rather have him be good rather than rush back though, at least were still the #1 defense without him lol

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Yeah I know but man I was really hoping to have him back going up against again Welker and Moss. Gay is going to have to step again for us. Maybe he'll be back for the Cowboys game.

Stairwayto7
11-30-2008, 04:06 PM
DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn