PDA

View Full Version : Ernster is pathetic!!!**Update 11/24, Ernster cut & Berger re-signed

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2008, 10:51 PM
a 28 yd average tonight!!!!, I mean for **** sake he is so bad I'd rather have DSep out there on a bum leg then this joker. If our coverage units weren't kicking *** in a big way we'd be in serious trouble!

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
11-20-2008, 11:42 PM
They need to fix this problem quick,fast and in a hurry..get rid of him tomorrow and bring in someone who will have a week and a half to get some practice...we got away with that ****** *** punting against the bungles...but it will kill us against a real team.

BlackGold4vr
11-20-2008, 11:49 PM
a 28 yd average tonight!!!!, I mean for shiat sake he is so bad I'd rather have DSep out there on a bum leg then this joker. If our coverage units weren't kicking *** in a big way we'd be in serious trouble!

:plus1:

No doubt he sucks. Hard to believe with over 300 million people out there and hundreds of division 1A college teams that this is the best we can do. Doesn't someone have a grandmother out there somewhere who can punt better than that?

:hilarious:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
11-20-2008, 11:51 PM
:plus1:

No doubt he sucks. Hard to believe with over 300 million people out there and hundreds of division 1A college teams that this is the best we can do. Doesn't someone have a grandmother out there somewhere who can punt better than that?

:hilarious:

dude a 28 yd average?..lmao...my high school punter averaged 39 yds a punt.That's just crazy and dude had to be making atleast the league minimum at what 500K?..damn.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Ernster should be shot....

$teelersRule
11-21-2008, 12:13 AM
he had one positive play tonight. he made a nice recovery on the extra point :2cents: he is a terrible punter though haha

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2008, 12:21 AM
This is going to bite us in the *** sooner or later if Tomlin doesn't do something. It makes you wonder though, when we signed Ernster if he was the best out there then we may be stuck with him this year. Honestly we do have the one guy on the PS who can punt so maybe he gets a tryout this week. All I know is we dodged a bullet for a 2nd week in a row with poor punting but we can't dodge them forever.

LatrobePA
11-21-2008, 12:21 AM
I puked in my mouth everytime this sh-it bag punted!!

JB 67
11-21-2008, 12:32 AM
Dude is stealing money pathetic

MOTORKRAFT
11-21-2008, 12:38 AM
This is going to bite us in the *** sooner or later if Tomlin doesn't do something. It makes you wonder though, when we signed Ernster if he was the best out there then we may be stuck with him this year. Honestly we do have the one guy on the PS who can punt so maybe he gets a tryout this week. All I know is we dodged a bullet for a 2nd week in a row with poor punting but we can't dodge them forever.
I didn't see a punter on the p.s. squad.

SteelersWoman
11-21-2008, 07:09 AM
...Doesn't someone have a grandmother out there somewhere who can punt better than that?

:hilarious: :plus1:

He was awful TG...about the only good thing that could be said, was that some of them were non-returnable lol

Axeman
11-21-2008, 07:11 AM
dude a 28 yd average?..lmao...my high school punter averaged 39 yds a punt.That's just crazy and dude had to be making atleast the league minimum at what 500K?..damn.

I was the punter for my high school back in the day, I avg. 40 yards a punt. now that I'm 40+ years old I still could out punt that putz. I hope they dump his *** and spend their money on a real punter and not someone that calls himself a punter.

lloydfan4life
11-21-2008, 07:13 AM
Well what's it tell you that Cleveland didn't even want the guy??
His punts are pathetic!

ejsteeler
11-21-2008, 10:24 AM
get a walk on to come practice....isn't that how we got Reed?

steel-tex
11-21-2008, 10:30 AM
AGREED - Is this guy a punter ??? He did not get one good punt off last night. There has to be a a guy somewhere who can kick at least 40 yards ???? He sucked last week to. I betcha they hold tryouts for one day and pick up a guy from the street that can punt better.

Stairwayto7
11-21-2008, 10:49 AM
How can there not be a former good college punter, without a job???

scott0326
11-21-2008, 11:13 AM
This guy is horrible, luckily it was the Bengals so they obviously wont do anything with great field position.

jpele
11-21-2008, 11:17 AM
I swear, if Ernster is still our punter by Sat. afternoon, I'll never watch another Steelers game again.

Ok so I lie, after last week I don't know why they kept him. As everyone else stated there has to be a punter looking for work somewhere out there.

Stlrs4Life
11-21-2008, 11:43 AM
They need to fix this problem quick,fast and in a hurry..get rid of him tomorrow and bring in someone who will have a week and a half to get some practice...we got away with that shiatty *** punting against the bungles...but it will kill us against a real team.

Exactly, and the next 4 games might show it. Wonder what Josh Miller is doing?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2008, 01:23 PM
He had to be the best possible option out there, even as bad as he is right now. You have to think that Tomlin and his coaches checked out as many options as they could when Berger went down and probably made a ton of calls. This is a situation that we may very well be stuck with for the rest of the year unless they can pull a rabbit out of their hats.

Gettysburgh_Steel
11-21-2008, 02:40 PM
I say just place a "help wanted " sign at the entrance to the stadium ,and put an add in the paper too!!!!! :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Dean Denton
11-21-2008, 03:23 PM
It was snowing, and that ball is slick. I didn't think he was so bad other than a couple shanks last night. But the Bungals helped us out with that holding penalty. but i know what your saying..playoffs or a good team that will kill us. its like throwing a pick in our own red zone. If thats all we had to worry about then I would say we are in good shape. i am more worried about our lack of running game. sure we pulled out a great 4 minute drill against the Bungals, but I doubt we do it against The Pats, Ravens, Titans, or the Cowboys. We need to run the ball a lot better, then worry about the crappy punting...

Gettysburgh_Steel
11-21-2008, 04:38 PM
I know this thread has little to do with the running game,but i would not worry about the running as much as you might think. I would stick to the thread as close as possible, because our punter does suck. No matter how you slice it, he is not even a good fill in.(to be fair...not from what i have seen).

Dee Mca
11-21-2008, 04:47 PM
I say leave Ben out their on 4th downs if he can't get the first let him punt it can't be worse than the last 2 weeks.

Dean Denton
11-21-2008, 05:05 PM
I say leave Ben out their on 4th downs if he can't get the first let him punt it can't be worse than the last 2 weeks.
We let Kordell punt. dont you find it odd that there aren't more players out there that can punt and kick? you would think that a DB or WR would have thoughs kinds of skills based on the athletic ability alone. I was a LB, and I could punt and kick. also if you could be a multi kick/punter you could save a roster spot.

Troyisabeast_43
11-21-2008, 06:09 PM
I mentioned this after the Chargers game and people on here kept trying to defend Ernster and say he will be fine. Well guess what?? He wont be fine and this is going to keep on happening if he remains on this team. Like I said as well before I know Todd Sauerburn has had some off the field problems and is retired now but what the hell have you got to lose?? He is 35 years old and can still punt give him a call and let's see if he can still punt the ball which I believe he can.

Dean Denton
11-21-2008, 06:11 PM
I mentioned this after the Chargers game and people on here kept trying to defend Ernster and say he will be fine. Well guess what?? He wont be fine and this is going to keep on happening if he remains on this team. Like I said as well before I know Todd Sauerburn has had some off the field problems and is retired now but what the hell have you got to lose?? He is 35 years old and can still punt give him a call and let's see if he can still punt the ball which I believe he can. What are his off the field issues?

Steelersfan
11-21-2008, 06:29 PM
He had some steroid issues or something didn't he?

Dean Denton
11-21-2008, 06:40 PM
He had some steroid issues or something didn't he?
Well if he's using roids I can live with that. I like kickers that try and buff up....lol

Troyisabeast_43
11-21-2008, 06:51 PM
What are his off the field issues?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Sauerbrun

Here is a link on wikipedia of the problems he has had. It's not too much but I dont care the way Ernster is punting the ball they either need to bring Mitch Berger back or go sign Sauerbrun. The way Ernster has punted in the 2-3 games he has been on the roster has been just completely unacceptable and it had better be addressed by Tomlin and this coaching staff...

Dean Denton
11-21-2008, 07:02 PM
I take back what I said. No I dont think we want him. He is starting to have fall out from the roids, and its getting the best of him. He's starting fights with cab drivers, and I think he was only good because he was using roids. This idiot would try kicking to Cribbs everytime because he would think its our job to try and stop them. so yeah, I dont know about a 36 year old head case that has ego problems on top of roid rages.

Troyisabeast_43
11-21-2008, 08:01 PM
I take back what I said. No I dont think we want him. He is starting to have fall out from the roids, and its getting the best of him. He's starting fights with cab drivers, and I think he was only good because he was using roids. This idiot would try kicking to Cribbs everytime because he would think its our job to try and stop them. so yeah, I dont know about a 36 year old head case that has ego problems on top of roid rages.

You're probably right when it comes to Sauerbrun I guess you wont know unless you sign him. But at this point if they stick with Ernster for the rest of this season it will be completely and utterly insane. They brought that Ricky Schmidt guy in a few weeks ago when Berger was hurt can he be any worse then Ernster?? Can Sepulveda kicking with his right leg with a torn ACL be any worse then Paul Ernster?? Tomlin looked pretty pissed off last night in his postgame press conference when asked about it so I am pretty sure that it will be addressed.

lloydfan4life
11-21-2008, 08:30 PM
It was snowing, and that ball is slick. I didn't think he was so bad other than a couple shanks last night....

HUH??? :duh:
Did you watch the game??
He sucked out loud.
I don't think he even had ONE punt that was acceptable.
He's a joke! Never thought I'd say this about a punter, but I miss Danny Boy! :yesnod:

Zachintosh66
11-22-2008, 01:57 PM
they better bring in some guys for workouts...

SteelerNC
11-22-2008, 09:40 PM
Can anyone out there punt the ball for decent yards. If so, I bet you can get a tryout with the Steelers. What was up with that Thursday night?

yinzer
11-23-2008, 12:22 AM
Can anyone out there punt the ball for decent yards. If so, I bet you can get a tryout with the Steelers. What was up with that Thursday night?

"It will be addressed."

DanRooney
11-23-2008, 07:14 AM
How can there not be a former good college punter, without a job???

Durant Brooks was the best punter in college last year and he uh...lets just say he wasn't playing for the Redskins very long :lol:

TampaSteelGirl
11-23-2008, 08:02 AM
OH that punter was horrible! The fans booing him and everything! I"m sure Tomlin will defintely be getting another one before the next game, I can't see him punting for one more game!! Horrible!

Captcoolhand
11-23-2008, 08:24 AM
What ever happened to Barr? :scratch: I don't remember the fist name, Matt/Mike.
I know we sent him to Eurupe for a year and he wasn't to bad....:2cents:

Axeman
11-23-2008, 09:34 AM
What ever happened to Barr? :scratch: I don't remember the fist name, Matt/Mike.
I know we sent him to Eurupe for a year and he wasn't to bad....:2cents:

well Matt was a field goal Kicker, so it would be Mike you would be talking about and he is not signed anywhere, he is a free agent.

Captcoolhand
11-23-2008, 09:50 AM
well Matt was a field goal Kicker, so it would be Mike you would be talking about and he is not signed anywhere, he is a free agent.I know he wasn't doing to bad at kicking back when Gardocki was nearing his end.:stirpot:

TampaSteelGirl
11-23-2008, 10:12 AM
I puked in my mouth everytime this sh-it bag punted!!

:grin1: I hear ya! I'm sure he won't be making another Steeler debut! I was cracking up the fans were booing him. Can you imagine hearing that being the punter? :eek1:

steelcurtain09
11-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Sauerbrun was benched in Denver in favor of Ernster if that says anything to you...

how serious was Berger's injury? couldnt we bring him back?

Zachintosh66
11-24-2008, 08:14 AM
any word on punter status?

Troyisabeast_43
11-24-2008, 11:22 AM
How about Josh Miller he is out there he got cut by Tennessee in training camp this year...Im sure he wouldnt mind coming back to the Steelers especially since Cowher is no longer here...The guy can definitely still punt...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Just got the text from KDKA..

Ernster has been cut and they re-signed Mitch Berger.

Im guessing his hamstring is now healed up?

jpele
11-24-2008, 11:35 AM

Thats good news. Even with the bad hammy, he still outkicked Ernster.

scott0326
11-24-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm just glad Ernster is gone.

BlackGold4vr
11-24-2008, 11:37 AM

Great news! Ernster was beyond bad. :tt02:

LatrobePA
11-24-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm just glad Ernster is gone.

This guys has NO future in the NFL!! What a joke he was!!

JensK
11-24-2008, 11:44 AM
what a relief.. Berger may not be great, but he can at least manage to average 40y per punt which, i suppose, is acceptable untill the season is over -.-

Captcoolhand
11-24-2008, 12:00 PM
well, you had to know it was coming....

I'm sure Berger was happy. :yesnod:

ejsteeler
11-24-2008, 12:37 PM
until he tweaks his hamstring again....then what? There are out of work punters out there better than Berger, has to be....

SteelersWoman
11-24-2008, 01:52 PM
until he tweaks his hamstring again....then what?
There are out of work punters out there better than Berger, has to be....

Then it will be "addressed" again I guess...but one would think there was a decent punter without injury right now.

Troyisabeast_43
11-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Then it will be "addressed" again I guess...but one would think there was a decent punter without injury right now.

Yes there is one and his name is Josh Miller and Tomlin and Colbert for whatever reason didnot bring this guy in. I dont get it at all.

Stairwayto7
11-26-2008, 08:34 AM
Steelers bring back Berger to punt
Monday, November 24, 2008
Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers have decided to bring back punter Mitch Berger as a replacement for Paul Ernster -- the second time this season Ernster has been waived in favor of Berger.

Coach Mike Tomlin said he needed to address the position after Ernster punted five times for a 28.5-yard average in the team's last game against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Berger appeared in eight games for the Steelers this season, averaging 41.9 yards per punt, but he was released Nov. 5 because of hamstring problems in both legs. Ernster, who was with the team in training camp, was re-signed as his replacement.

Curiously, Berger was brought to training camp to compete with Ernster to be the replacement for injured Daniel Sepulveda. Berger won the job and Ernster was released in the final cut.

Prosdo
11-26-2008, 08:42 AM
I never thought I'd miss a punter so much. Heal up D-Sep were gonna need you next year!

Captcoolhand
11-26-2008, 08:46 AM
This thread needs to be moved......

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16862

Prosdo
11-26-2008, 08:52 AM
This thread needs to be moved......

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16862

Threads merged. Thanks Capt.

Captcoolhand
11-26-2008, 08:54 AM
Threads merged. Thanks Capt.Thanks. Not everyone is as special as you......http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9894/lolcp4.gif (http://imageshack.us)