PDA

View Full Version : Warren Sapps comments on our OL...

Zachintosh66
11-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Did anyone here what he said before gametime...

called our Guards the worst in the NFL and shunned Max Starks for being at LT too...

Kinda funny, but yet sad at the same time

Black@Gold Forever32
11-20-2008, 09:50 PM

called our Guards the worst in the NFL and shunned Max Starks for being at LT too...

I havn't been impressed much with Kemoeatu to much this season.....Starks was terrible as a RT no shock he sucks at LT....Willie Colon is an abortion at RT........I actually think Stapleton is an upgrade over Simmons....In my opinion Simmons is washed up due injuries and his health issues the last few years.....Stapleton is far from great himself....But for an undrafted second year player I think he has been solid....Hartwig at center has been an upgrade over Mahan this year...But that is not saying much....Hartwig isn't even close to the center Jeff Hartings was.....Our OL is a joke....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Kemo has been playing better, he's not pro bowl or anything but he's done pretty decent as the year has gone on. It's not like we have other options here, our coaching staff didn't get us any help so he's had to step up and I think he's done pretty good especially the last couple weeks

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2008, 11:26 PM
Offense did a fairly decent job tonight, surprising again their pass blocking has been solid the last 2 weeks and Ben is staying up right a lot more. Now the running game did struggle alittle bit tonight but credit the Bengals for selling out to stop the run and they did it for the most part. It wasn't until the late in the 4th when we got more yards but still as far as the OL goes, keeping Ben standing up for 2 straight games mainly is a good, positive sign.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-20-2008, 11:32 PM
The Bengals DL are far from the Fearsome Foursome, Steel Curtain, Purple People Eaters, Doomsday Defense,Orange Crush......The OL shouldn't give up any sacks to that terrible DL of the Bengals....

Steelersfan
11-21-2008, 08:11 AM
Some of that has to do with Ben getting the ball out quicker too. The OL did give him a lot of time on some plays last night though which was good to see. They just need to keep it up (Ben and OL).

LarryNJ
11-21-2008, 08:21 AM
Sapp is right. We are only 5 guys away from being a great team and all 5 of them are on the OL.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-21-2008, 09:56 AM
The truth hurts sometimes:yellowthumb: the truth is our Tackles SUCKS, our Lt guard is weak at best, i dunno if it's because this is his first extened action or what, Our center hikes the ball to high at times, with this line were not going far this year, oh an isn't Mitch Berger healed yet? Paul Ernster SUCKS:imho:

snowman79
11-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Give crdit where its due the O line did a decent job ok the Bungles defense are Shiat but still they allowed Ben the time to do his stuff - it will be a different matter against the Pats D lets hope they can pull together and have another sack free game. Well done to the backs we managed to get a running game going which allowed us the play action.
Bring on the Pats !!!1

Dean Denton
11-21-2008, 12:00 PM
I know we dont have the best OL, but you know what? Neither did the Giants 4 or 5 years ago. But they kept with the same guys, and now there the best in the league. We can go ahead and get 5 all pros, but if they cant play together as 1, then its a bust. We weren't any better last year with Faneca, and he's one of the best. These guys are just going to have to figure it out. Maybe we just need a better line coach.

Troyisabeast_43
11-21-2008, 06:29 PM
The bottom line is they are 8-3 with this offensive line through 11 games and in first place in the AFC North, and currently the number 2 seed in the AFC. So even though the line is not great or for that matter not very good at all they must be doing something right.

Dean Denton
11-21-2008, 06:34 PM
The bottom line is they are 8-3 with this offensive line through 11 games and in first place in the AFC North, and currently the number 2 seed in the AFC. So even though the line is not great or for that matter not very good at all they must be doing something right.
Yeah, its called having the best Def in the league. However that will not take us to the SB. We need to better scoring points. we need to be able to protect Ben a lot better against those good teams.

Steel Trap86
11-21-2008, 07:32 PM

well he's right, we have without a doubt the worst offensive line in the NFL right now. our guards are a joke. The Bengals are the only team that didnt sack ben this year, and they are in the top 3 worst teams as of right now, and you know they got pretty damn close to taking ben down.

I really want to go deep in the playoffs and win the superbowl, but at the same time I also want to get rid of Arians and beef up the o-line during the offseason and you know if the steelers win the superbowl there wont be as many adjustments made as if they were to lose.

:cope:

BLEIER20
11-22-2008, 01:13 PM
ALL GREAT points, but when it all comes down to giving your QB the time to throw the ball, whether it be short middle or long, you have to have that time to survey the routes of your recievers, if not, then your QB is rushed, hurried, ran outof the pocket, and ether sacked, throw the ball away, fumble, run for a loss, or INT or INC. What makes great quarterbacks? THE O-LINE doing their JOBS! Simple. But....also a quarterback doing his job as well, and also the back field and recievers! There are 11 guys on Offense, A UNIT, it's not all on ONE guy that takes a hit, or is rushed out of the pocket.

I hate when people disect the game and give their personal evaluations and it's not even close. Like what the Hell game are you watching there? Aren't we watching the same game here?

Let's turn the table around.............let's say the Defense really sucks.....are we going to point a finger at one guy, let's just use Troy, are we going to blame Troy for allowing a QB to pass for over 300yds, allowing a reciever reach 100 yds, and a rusher to gain over 100 yds?

So why do morons blame BEN or should I say, why do they always want to put blame on the QB, what's so hard about handing the ball off to the running back? if he can't get the ball to the running back and is stuck for a loss, then something is wrong up front!

That is my opinion and my point! I wish others saw the same damn games as I have watched at home!

--- Added 11/22/2008 at 12:13 PM ---

one more detail.............we haven't won 5 superbowls, because we had a crappy Offensive Line! We should have 6!