PDA

View Full Version : Bengals WR Johnson deactivated for Pittsburgh game

AZ_Steeler
11-20-2008, 11:56 AM
PITTSBURGH (TICKER) —Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson has been deactivated for Thursday’s game at Pittsburgh for violation of a team rule.

The Bengals gave no specifics in announcing the decision Thursday morning, only stating that the team will have no further comment until after the game.

Johnson, who has played in every game for the 1-8-1 Bengals, has 41 catches for 383 yards and is tied for the team lead with four touchdown receptions.

It's not like he's done a whole lot this year but it's one less person to worry about!

LatrobePA
11-20-2008, 12:07 PM
You guys will kill me for this, but I'd like to have him in a Black and Gold uni!! He's a changed player!! Still a nut bag, but great player when he's happy!!

Oh and I hope like hell this isn't a trap game!! Our boys need to play hard!

lloydfan4life
11-20-2008, 12:15 PM
You guys will kill me for this, but I'd like to have him in a Black and Gold uni!! He's a changed player!! Still a nut bag, but great player when he's happy!!

No way! Ocho Stinko is an overrated showboat, media-hungry, cancer who has no concept of the words 'Team Player'. We don't need or want him!

LatrobePA
11-20-2008, 12:23 PM
No way! Ocho Stinko is an overrated showboat, media-hungry, cancer who has no concept of the words 'Team Player'. We don't need or want him!

I told ya you guys would kill me!! lol The Steel city could change him!! :stirpot:

SteelerNC
11-20-2008, 12:24 PM

We do not need OCHO CINCO. He is the AFC Plaxico.

LatrobePA
11-20-2008, 12:32 PM
We do not need OCHO CINCO. He is the AFC Plaxico.

True, but he did beat a horse in a foot race!! LOL

He's a joke I know!!

--- Added 11/20/2008 at 10:32 AM ---

Adam Schefter
Johnson deactivated for tonight’s game
Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Chad Johnson, Cincinnati Bengals

Got a call early this morning that Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson got into it last night with someone in the Cincinnati organization and left a team function.

Details were sparse and fluid and after reaching out to the Bengals, they released this statement:

“Bengals wide receiver Chad Ocho Cinco will be deactivated for tonight’s game at Pittsburgh, for violation of a team rule. The Bengals will have no further comment until after the game.”

Posted in: Adam Schefter | ShareThis

SteelerBee43
11-20-2008, 12:33 PM

Are you serious:evilshake:....I hate to do this LaTrobe..but..:spank: now go sit in the naughty corner..

LatrobePA
11-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Are you serious:evilshake:....I hate to do this LaTrobe..but..:spank: now go sit in the naughty corner..

LOL, alright I take it back, can I get out of the corner? :banging:

ejsteeler
11-20-2008, 12:42 PM

:ditto: and no, you stay in the corner until after the game.....:lol:

LatrobePA
11-20-2008, 12:49 PM
Damn, I knew I'd get yelled at....But now you all are hurting my feelings!! lol

lloydfan4life
11-20-2008, 12:53 PM

:lol: ROTFLMAO!! :hilarious:

See what'cha gone and done now, Latrobe? Got the board in an uproar! :greengrin:

LatrobePA
11-20-2008, 12:55 PM
:lol: ROTFLMAO!! :hilarious:

See what'cha gone and done now, Latrobe? Got the board in an uproar! :greengrin:

LOL, I asked for it I guess!!

Let's kick some "blank'n" *** tonight!!

lloydfan4life
11-20-2008, 01:02 PM
LOL, I asked for it I guess!!

Let's kick some "blank'n" *** tonight!!

It's all good Dude! :yesnod:

You ARE going to have to get FleaFlicker's permission to get out of the corner though! :lol:

Dean Denton
11-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Ocho would never be happy here anyways. He would never get the ball enough. I understand why anyone would say they want him, but give me Whosyourmomma any day over Ocho. I know what he did with the Terrible Towel, but maybe we could look at like he did that because he wanted to be one of us, and was sad that he isn't. Kinda like TO standing on that star in Dallas when he was a 49er....

JensK
11-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Actually, this is pretty damn good for pittsburgh.. You can hate all you want on Chad, but he is an amazing route runner, probably top 3 in NFL imho. His big problem is that his playing is too much affected on his mood. Happy Chad Johnson is a mach-up problem, period. With that being said, he is a d-bag and id never want to have him in Pittsburgh!

Dean Denton
11-20-2008, 01:36 PM
When you look at Moss, TO, Plexi glass, and Ocho...out of those guys would any of you want any one of them on this team? They are all good, but do you think they are good enough for this team?

JensK
11-20-2008, 01:40 PM
When you look at Moss, TO, Plexi glass, and Ocho...out of those guys would any of you want any one of them on this team? They are all good, but do you think they are good enough for this team?

Skillwise, yes! They are all as good as any reciewer on this team imho. Attitude, no way in hell id ever trade any of those guys for the guys we have! :)

Dean Denton
11-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Thats the point I was trying to make. Those guys may be great, but we dont need them. There are more of a cancer then they are good. how many rings do they have between them? Just Plexi, and thats because he was groomed here in the Steel city....think about that....

SteelCityPride08
11-20-2008, 02:31 PM

lol theres no way in hell that I would want him on our team

steelerschick1220
11-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Chad Johnson or whatever he wants to be known by, is a cnacer and I hope he stays FAR FAR FAR away from Pittsburgh. He is an idiot who gets in trouble practically every time he opens his mouth.

Steelers70
11-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Probably held him out so the fans can say.... "If Ocho had played, Pittsburgh would have lost." Those fans do tend to like crying.

As for having Ocho play for our team? I'm never going to side with having troublemakers play for the Steelers. Trouble with him is the same as with T.O. It's always about them. That's one reason I love the Rooney family and the Steelers. Character before talent.

-Steelers70

Dean Denton
11-20-2008, 03:59 PM
You know what though? The steelers have a lot of leaders on this team, and every team that has ever played here. I can tell you this...there is no way that any of those WR would get away with those things here. The players would take care of it them selves. Have you ever seen Full Metal Jacket? Thats right, blanket party....ouch, that would hurt.....lol

ejsteeler
11-20-2008, 04:53 PM
You know what though? The steelers have a lot of leaders on this team, and every team that has ever played here. I can tell you this...there is no way that any of those WR would get away with those things here. The players would take care of it them selves. Have you ever seen Full Metal Jacket? Thats right, blanket party....ouch, that would hurt.....lol

Well yeah, but then the dude blew his brains out......:lol:

Dean Denton
11-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Well yeah, but then the dude blew his brains out......:lol:

Yeah but he cleaned up his act until then, and there were no more issues. I would love to see TO try and pick a fight with one of our LB like he did his teammate in Philly....hahaha, that would be a joke.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2008, 05:06 PM
It's not like we haven't beaten them before with him in the lineup so now all we have to do is put Ike on Douchemanzada and let Gay work on Chris Henry and give him some help if he needs it with Ryan clark.

Im surprised it took him this long to blow up at the organization considering they are 1-8-1 and he hasn't done **** this year.

Dean Denton
11-20-2008, 05:14 PM
do we know what it was that he did? did he make fun of Mcnabb for not knowing about OT in the NFL. Which by the way is BS. Last time I checked Mcnabb played in the NFL in 2002 when we tied with the Falcons, and I'm sure being a QB in this league you grew up watching the NFL. How do we all know this, and he doesn't? Sorry, thats off the subject...had to get it out..

LarryNJ
11-20-2008, 05:58 PM

First McNabbs quote, now this! :evilshake: What a crazy week it has been.

SteelerBee43
11-20-2008, 08:51 PM
Ok Latrobe you can get out of the corner,seems you went a little http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p125/dogpoundbrenda/emoticons/crazy.giffor a minute but beware I'm http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p125/dogpoundbrenda/emoticons/watchingyou.gif :rofl:

floodcitygirl
11-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Probably held him out so the fans can say.... "If Ocho had played, Pittsburgh would have lost." Those fans do tend to like crying.

-Steelers70You sound like someone who has spent some time around Bungle fans...have them pegged pretty well!

I heard tonight on the local news that Ocho is saying that he overslept for a meeting and got there late so Marvin took him out and that's all there is to it. LOL! Does anyone actually believe that this guy just responded with an "oh, ok."??? You know he went off on him and that's why he's out.

Silverback 92
11-21-2008, 10:34 PM
cincy should trade him away before he rots in cincy like things tend to do there