PDA

View Full Version : Miller to play this week; Townsend still out; No return in sight for Marvel

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2008, 08:55 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08324/928947-66.stm

So it looks like we're getting Heath back which should be great for us, but i hope they continue to use Matt Spaeth who is really coming along and just imagine having those 2 on the field in a pattern at the same time :yesnod:

McFadden should be back next week which is great news but at this point I don't know if Marvel will be back at all this year :evilshake:

memphissteelergirl
11-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Miller Time once again! Yeah!

:banana::clap::cool1:

jpele
11-19-2008, 09:26 AM
Matt Spaeth has 12 catches in the past two games, when the more talented Miller returns does that mean we stop using the TE in the passing game ?

LatrobePA
11-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Matt Spaeth has 12 catches in the past two games, when the more talented Miller returns does that mean we stop using the TE in the passing game ?

LOL, with our great OC who the hell knows!!

BR7
11-19-2008, 10:20 AM

I was thinking the exact same thing.

No Miller = Spaeth career numbers.
Miller in linup = BA erases all TE plays from gameplan and substitutes bunch formation w/12 step drops.

yinzer
11-19-2008, 11:20 AM

that's EXACTLY what it means.................unfortunately.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-19-2008, 11:48 AM
Memo to Arians, Matt Spaeth an Heath Miller are two very good Tightends, we should use them an A FULL BACK, an get us an identity before the playoffs:rant2:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2008, 12:59 PM
It's pretty clear that Arians can't multi-task at all, asking him to actually use 2 solid weapons at the same time is out of the question :evilshake:

You put Miller, Spaeth, and Hines in a goal line package and there is no way that all 3 will be covered. Just put Ben back in a quick drop and let him float it up to the back of the endzone and let one of them go get it. It's total money every time.

K Train
11-19-2008, 01:58 PM
bens getting rid of the ball faster, and TEs are getting the catches, its more up to ben then it is arians i think...i think they both make some catches this week

Ambridge
11-20-2008, 08:25 AM
It's pitiful that Arians doesn't utilize Miller's talents to his ability.:evilshake:
If I were Miller I would seriously think about going elsewhere when my contract is up so I could be more of a contributor in another teams offense.

SteelerNC
11-20-2008, 08:28 AM
Im glad Heath is back, but Spath as done well in his absence.

Dean Denton
11-20-2008, 01:28 PM
I thought Matt did a great job with Miller riding the pine. My father was blown away by the soft hands. not sure why we cant take advantage of both TE. We have weapons everywhere, and I shake my head at why we dont score more points. we should be running away with the AFC right now. Is our OC really that bad? If so, why isn't he benched? Someone help me out here....