PDA

View Full Version : Steelers in the Pro Bowl

jpele
11-18-2008, 11:46 AM
How many do you think make it ?

Ward deserves it but because of the numbers he don't go.I don't see anyone else on offense.

On the D side we're loaded:

James Harrison...If not there's something terribly wrong.
Troy Polamalu....same as above.
Aaron Smith......best DE in the league,seems to get overlooked every year because he plays in a 3-4 D

James Farrior.....Has the numbers
Ike Taylor ........Should go for his outstanding play,will be hurt because a lack of int's
LaMarr Woodley..On the bubble, started the year great,but since his injury has tapered off,lets hope he picks it up again.

Did I miss anyone ? Who are you picks ?

LatrobePA
11-18-2008, 11:50 AM
43, 92, 98, 56, 39, 86

Somehow Hampton always makes it...Willie can make it if he stays healthy and churns out some yards in the last part of the year...

scott0326
11-18-2008, 12:31 PM
James Harrison, Woodley, Ward, Polamalu, Hampton, Aaron Smith. I agree about Taylor, he has played great this year but will be hurt due to his lack of INT's but still has played great especially without McFadden and now Townsend.

K Train
11-18-2008, 02:10 PM
no way ward or willie makes it, it will be hampton, harrison, and troy, maybe smith but he gets hurt in the voting by playing 34end. woodley might make it as an alternate

$teelersRule
11-18-2008, 02:32 PM
no way ward or willie makes it, it will be hampton, harrison, and troy, maybe smith but he gets hurt in the voting by playing 34end. woodley might make it as an alternate

i think thats a good list. i think ben is an alternate as well. i do not think he deserves it this year but did Troy deserve it last year?

K Train
11-18-2008, 04:06 PM
troy absolutely did not last year. ben MIGHT get an alternate...i guess it would be manning, rivers, favre, ben, cutler and collins all in the mix.

JensK
11-18-2008, 04:11 PM
I hate the pro-bowl.. If you've been there, its hard to get out again :P If ben plays great the rest of the regular season games, i wouldnt be supriced to see him going to the pro-bowl even though it wasnt desirved at all.. Same with Troy.. he didnt even have a good game, but went anyways.. Willie Parker didnt play all that great last year.. He had a bunch of yards, but compared to the TD scored and the carries he had, it wasnt a pro-bowl year really..

SteelerSteve
11-18-2008, 05:37 PM
All the pro bowl is, is bragging rights for fans to talk up their favorite players. As long as they win the superbowl I could care less if nobody went.

jpele
11-18-2008, 05:43 PM
All the pro bowl is, is bragging rights for fans to talk up their favorite players. As long as they win the superbowl I could care less if nobody went.

I'll bet the players don't feel the same as you.

Dean Denton
11-18-2008, 05:57 PM
I would think the entire OL should go...lol

Stairwayto7
11-18-2008, 06:07 PM

AMEN;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Black@Gold Forever32
11-18-2008, 06:24 PM
I hate the Pro Bowl as well........But Hampton,Smith,Harrison,Woodley,Farrior,Polamalu all deserve to make it......But I only see Hampton,Harrison,Troy for sure making it....I hope Woodley and Farrior both make it but I doubt 3 Steelers LBs will make it....Joey Porter deserves a spot as well......So Joey probably will prevent Woodley from making it....I think Troy deserves his spot this year after not deserving it last year.....Hampton is still one of the best NTs in the game and the best 3-4 NT in the game....As Ktrain pointed Aaron Smith will get screwed since he is a 3-4 DE.....But he really deserves a spot as well....

I vote for Jeff "Skippy" Reed as well....He has been clutch all year and he kicks in Heinz Field which is the toughest stadium for a kicker in the NFL....

Nobody on offense deserves it not even Ward......

BlitzburghRockCity
11-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Farrior really deserves it big time, that guy is the unsung hero, solid rock of the defense ever since he got here. No matter who has an up and down season on the team he is the constant that just continues to make play after play. Harrison is a given, A. Smith should be too. Hampton will probably make it too and of course Troy will be there. We should have a good showing at the PB this year.

OC Steel Curtain
11-18-2008, 09:55 PM
they should make the pro bowl meaningful like the NBA all star game.. so they will actually try lol.. for you who didnt know who ever wins the allstar game gets to be the home team in the championship

BlitzburghRockCity
11-18-2008, 11:00 PM
I'd like to see Ike make it as atleast an alternate, he's really having a solid year. This could potentially be one of the best years for the Steelers in the pro bowl, hell you could make a case for 3 of our linebackers alone like we have been talking about. I don't know if Parker will have the stats for it this year, if Ward keeps producing for the rest of the year he's got a shot too.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-18-2008, 11:09 PM
Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne are locks for the Pro Bowl.....TJ Humpshismama has a shot, Brandon Marshall....Plus Randy Moss will make the Pro Bowl since he is Randy ****ing Moss...Only 4 WRs make it....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-18-2008, 11:15 PM
This is true, he has a shot as an alternate though. If we would just use Heath to his potential he might actually have a shot at a pro bowl..well atleast once tony gonzalez retires, lol.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-18-2008, 11:25 PM
This is true, he has a shot as an alternate though. If we would just use Heath to his potential he might actually have a shot at a pro bowl..well atleast once tony gonzalez retires, lol.

But then there is Gates, Soldier Boy Winslow and Dallas Clark.....To many good TEs in the AFC....

K Train
11-19-2008, 12:07 AM
you put heath in garretts system in dallas he finishes every yearr with 80 catches and becomes a probowl lock