PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Conversion

newsteelersfan
11-18-2008, 12:32 AM
Hello to everyone at Steeler Addicts. I have been a Buffalo fan for quite some time now, but the ineptitude and stagnancy of that franchise has been tearing me down. Ralph Wilson and his frugal ways have zapped the football enthusiasm out of me. I realized after this dreadful Monday Night loss that the Buffalo franchise will never be a competent franchise, and that's all I ask for out of the product I pay for.

So I am officially converting, as of tonight, into a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. At least this franchise is competent, and they have a nice stadium to go along with some very exciting talent.

I would like to read up more on the Steelers franchise history and get to know the ins and outs of this franchise since I am new to supporting this team. So if anyone has any recommendations for sources on Steelers history, please let me know. I hope no one frowns upon me for this conversion. I look forward to enjoying Steelers football on future Sundays now.

AZ_Steeler
11-18-2008, 12:40 AM
:welcome:

If you go to the homepage (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/) there is a link on the navbar called "History" Drop it down and you can get started :bigthumb:

newsteelersfan
11-18-2008, 01:17 AM
:welcome:

If you go to the homepage (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/) there is a link on the navbar called "History" Drop it down and you can get started :bigthumb:

Thanks! :yellowthumb:

vidaliasteelerfan
11-18-2008, 09:46 AM
We welcome all converts ..... glad you finally saw the light!!!:bunny::cope::tt02::yellowthumb:

newsteelersfan
11-18-2008, 11:12 AM
We welcome all converts ..... glad you finally saw the light!!!:bunny::cope::tt02::yellowthumb:

Thank you! :cope:

Steelersfan
11-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Welcome to SA and welcome to Steeler Nation!

NOVA STEELERS
11-18-2008, 06:24 PM
:welcome: enjoy the site :cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-18-2008, 08:51 PM
I don't know I have mix feelings about this....lol I'm not trying to be an ***.....But if you're ditching the Bills then you might also ditch the Steelers in a few years?.....The Stiller Nation is like a big mob and I don't know if I like bandwagon jumpers in this mob....lol

Ok I'll give you a chance and I'll say welcome to the sight but once you convert its for life....remember that....lol

newsteelersfan
11-18-2008, 10:50 PM
I don't know I have mix feelings about this....lol I'm not trying to be an ***.....But if you're ditching the Bills then you might also ditch the Steelers in a few years?.....The Stiller Nation is like a big mob and I don't know if I like bandwagon jumpers in this mob....lol

Ok I'll give you a chance and I'll say welcome to the sight but once you convert its for life....remember that....lol

Why would I ditch a competent franchise? :cope: Steeler fan for life, unless Ralph Wilson takes over lol.

BR7
11-18-2008, 11:47 PM
I never really understood how someone can jump ship... unless you were an Expos fan, I'd assume you'd have no choice. But still, I don't get it. As B@G said.. its like a big mob. All of us experienced bad years and lived with them and durring those bad years I don't know anyone who jumped ship. Through thick and thin.

Now a loss to the Browns (twice in two years) can do some irreversable damage, lol, so its somewhat understandable. You might have to go through some rookie hazing.. but enjoy the site. :D :lol:

hell.. you should have jumped ship earlier.. like after the fourth consecutive SB loss :haha: :D :lol:

PsychoWard
11-19-2008, 12:22 AM
:sup: and :welcome: there is no turning back :gs:

newsteelersfan
11-19-2008, 05:50 PM
I never really understood how someone can jump ship... unless you were an Expos fan, I'd assume you'd have no choice. But still, I don't get it. As B@G said.. its like a big mob. All of us experienced bad years and lived with them and durring those bad years I don't know anyone who jumped ship. Through thick and thin.

Now a loss to the Browns (twice in two years) can do some irreversable damage, lol, so its somewhat understandable. You might have to go through some rookie hazing.. but enjoy the site. :D :lol:

hell.. you should have jumped ship earlier.. like after the fourth consecutive SB loss :haha: :D :lol:

Well the Bills are like the Expos, a dead end franchise that's about to move to Toronto. There's no hope either that the eventual new ownership is going to spend money on the team anyways. No more of that train wreck. I am excited about fully watching my first Steelers game tomorrow night.

newsteelersfan
11-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Quick question, if the Steelers somehow win the Super Bowl this year, what do I do? It wouldn't feel right celebrating since I haven't had a full season under my belt as a Steelers fan.

SteelerNC
11-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Quick question, if the Steelers somehow win the Super Bowl this year, what do I do? It wouldn't feel right celebrating since I haven't had a full season under my belt as a Steelers fan.

You will still get a ring. LOL

Stairwayto7
11-24-2008, 07:06 AM
Welcome Go Steelers!

newsteelersfan
11-25-2008, 03:54 PM
You will still get a ring. LOL

That makes sense. :cope:

newsteelersfan
11-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Just a quick update: I'm still getting used to watching Steelers football on Sunday, but with each passing game, my love for the black and gold increases.

BlitzburghNation
11-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Guess you went through years of misery before coming to the darkside,,,,,Like BR7 said seems like you would've left fter 4th superbowl loss :scratch:
Maybe this team will move to L.A. and make your conversion easier :lol:
Well enjoy your new found love and a defense that's relentless,also the biggest fan base of any N.F.L. team !

:towelwave::welcome::towelwave:

newsteelersfan
11-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Guess you went through years of misery before coming to the darkside,,,,,Like BR7 said seems like you would've left fter 4th superbowl loss :scratch:

Not at all. I left because of their endless incompetence and deception.

Maybe this team will move to L.A. and make your conversion easier :lol:
Well enjoy your new found love and a defense that's relentless,also the biggest fan base of any N.F.L. team !

:towelwave::welcome::towelwave:

Thanks. This defense is sick.

Bombhunter
11-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Whoa, whoa...not so fast there NSF...here...fill this out and turn it back in to any of us here. Only then, after consideration, will you be an "official" Steelers fan...:cope:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c253/Bombhunter/steelersapp.png

Steelersfan
11-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Whoa, whoa...not so fast there NSF...here...fill this out and turn it back in to any of us here. Only then, after consideration, will you be an "official" Steelers fan...:cope:

That is awsome!! Love it!

newsteelersfan
12-07-2008, 10:42 AM

There should be one for me that says "If you were a Buffalo Bills fan, please list the amount of money you would like to spend on real talent and a real coaching staff____________________"

LarryNJ
12-07-2008, 02:06 PM
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/979/pridepf4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:helmet::tt02: