PDA

View Full Version : McNabb didn't know they could tie?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-17-2008, 11:26 PM
I mean seriously you have to be kidding me that you admit that on national television after you've been in the league, what 10 years? There's no way he's back in Philly next year, get rid of him and start a new era because he's sucking big time and he just made himself look like a complete jack *** in front of everyone.

"I've never been a part of a tie. I never even knew that was in the rule book, (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3709095)" McNabb said after the game. "It's part of the rules, and we have to go with it. I was looking forward to getting the opportunity to get out there and try to drive to win the game. But unfortunately, with the rules, we settled with a tie."

BlitzburghNation
11-17-2008, 11:31 PM
:haha: He should put down the :all_coholic:

$teelersRule
11-17-2008, 11:40 PM
thats so bad... i think i knew that when i was like 8

Troyisabeast_43
11-18-2008, 12:17 AM
I mean seriously you have to be kidding me that you admit that on national television after you've been in the league, what 10 years? There's no way he's back in Philly next year, get rid of him and start a new era because he's sucking big time and he just made himself look like a complete jack *** in front of everyone.

Andy Reid as well went as far as to saying that the fact that they didnt know about the tie had no impact on how the Eagles played in overtime. I agree with you though TG for McNabb to be in the league for 10 years now and be making the kind of money he is over 100 million dollars as a starting QB, and to not know that in a regular season game that if nobody scores in overtime the game will end in a tie is just completely and totally inexcusable. The owner of the Eagles should fine him for stupidity and coming out and saying that after the game it was ridiculous...

ejsteeler
11-18-2008, 10:37 AM
What freakin idiots!!!! I can't believe we lost to those bozos! :evilshake:

steelersgal86
11-18-2008, 10:39 AM
I heard this right after our game on my way home..and I about died...come on you play in the NFL and you dont know that :duh:

LarryNJ
11-18-2008, 10:50 AM
What's more of a joke is that several of his teammates said the same thing.

"Me and Greg Lewis were discussing it on the sideline, so we asked one of our trainers and he told us it ends in a tie," running back Correll Buckhalter said.

Ask the trainer they know the rules!!!!!!:lol:

"I found out while we were in OT," rookie wideout DeSean Jackson said.

"I thought we kept playing," linebacker Omar Gaither said.

And Andy Reid is the biggest joke of them all:ďIíve never been in a tie, so I donít know how this works in the standings. I know itís not good enough. We need wins, and this is not a win.Ē ó Eagles Coach Andy Reid

Well Andy maybe if you knew, you would of went for it on 4th & 1 with a minute and half to go in OT! hahaha

jpele
11-18-2008, 10:52 AM
http://www.pigskinaddiction.com/pics/nflhelmets/NFL_Eagles.gif13-13http://www.pigskinaddiction.com/pics/nflhelmets/NFL_Bengals.gif
Snake's Take: A tie? You gotta be sh$#ting me! How far are the bEagles falling? Playing to a tie with the Bengals is like taking your sister to the prom and bragging you scored (this happens all the time in Kentucky). Donovan McNabb throws for 300+ yards but 3 costly INT's. Brian Westbrook can only rack up 60 yards rushing on the sorry Bengals D...I just don't get it? His owners had to be looking at this matchup just drooling. No dice. TJ Housmazilli had a HUGE day in PPR leagues with 12 grabs for 149 yards and a score...he's really the only star of this game. I don't get how the Eagles can't pull out this win. Regular season or not, they should just let these teams play until there's a winner...this tie stuff is garbage.

scott0326
11-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Wow, honestly how can you play in the NFL and not know the overtime rules? Ive known that since I started watching football.

lloydfan4life
11-18-2008, 11:38 AM
This is astounding. Somebody here at work was telling me about it and I thought they were pulling my leg..... till I saw it in the media. If I were McNabb I never would have admitted that, ESPECIALLY to the media! :duh:

This is just too much...... :hilarious:
"I guess we're aware of it now," McNabb said. "In college, there are multiple overtimes, and in high school and Pop Warner. I never knew in the professional ranks it would end that way. I hate to see what would happen in the Super Bowl and in the playoffs."

Uh, they keep playing if it's tied in the playoffs or Super Bowl. But McNabb apparently didn't know that, either.

Steelerlyn
11-18-2008, 12:35 PM
LOL yea , I also heard that last night. Aren't the coaches suppose to see to it that
the players know the rules? Pro rules are different in many ways from college rules.......but if the coach doesn't know.......the first thing that popped into my mind was the year we tied Atlanta. Wasn't that the year that the Eagles played Atlanta in the playoffs and then went onto the Superbowl? If that is so, it seems like the eagles coaches would have been all over that tie because they and we were in the playoffs. (We lost to NE, I was at that game and it was colder than.............) I may have this wrong, please correct me if I am wrong.

steelerschick1220
11-18-2008, 01:10 PM
OMG, how idiotic can you be? I laughed and laughed when I heard this. Stupid.

LarryNJ
11-18-2008, 01:39 PM
ON WIP 610 which is a sports talk radio channel in Philly. They are giving callers different situatations and having them rule on it. While I was at lunch 6 out of 7 got the correct answer. So 86% of the fans are smarter than the Eagles players. :lol:

Ambridge
11-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Listening to Sirius NFL Radio yesterday and Eagle fans were calling in and going crazy!!
They were all saying the same thing that McNabb is a total Freakin' Moron and that they've had enough of him and Andy Reid!! :lol:

Troyisabeast_43
11-18-2008, 04:51 PM
This is astounding. Somebody here at work was telling me about it and I thought they were pulling my leg..... till I saw it in the media. If I were McNabb I never would have admitted that, ESPECIALLY to the media! :duh:

This is just too much...... :hilarious:
"I guess we're aware of it now," McNabb said. "In college, there are multiple overtimes, and in high school and Pop Warner. I never knew in the professional ranks it would end that way. I hate to see what would happen in the Super Bowl and in the playoffs."

Uh, they keep playing if it's tied in the playoffs or Super Bowl. But McNabb apparently didn't know that, either.

The fact that both McNabb and Reid came out and made statements like this just shows you that they will never win anything in Philadelphia as long as these two retards are there. I mean for McNabb and Reid to come out and say the things they did about the tie and actually be serious about it is just an absolute disgrace in my opinion. For these guys to be making this kind of money in the NFL as a QB and head coach and not know these rules is just absurd. I guess we now know why Andy Reid and his kids are messed up with drugs and stuff because the guy is just completely clueless on everything. I guess when his kids got busted for coke and called him up and told him that Reid said it's okay I am drinking it right now...

SteelersfaninPhilly
11-18-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm still laughing my *** off about this. What a freaking moron.

AZ_Steeler
11-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtCLHpjXpBG7cT0vWCSDCU0dsLYF?slug=ap-steelers-ties&prov=ap&type=lgns)

McNabb’s remarks were greeted incredulously by some fans who wondered how an NFL player couldn’t know such a basic rule. Surprisingly, Steelers offensive captains Ben Roethlisberger and Hines Ward said Tuesday they believe many players around the league didn’t know ties could occur.

Roethlisberger guessed half the league’s players didn’t know. Ward, a former Super Bowl MVP and an 11-season veteran, acknowledged he was among them—and he played in a tie only six years ago.

Until Sunday, there hadn’t been an NFL tie since the Atlanta Falcons rallied from 17 points down in the fourth quarter to tie the Steelers 34-34 in Pittsburgh on Nov. 10, 2002.

“No, I didn’t know,” Ward said. “I thought we were the last team to do it when we played the Falcons. I thought we just played it until you have a winner or something. It’s kind of weird now that you can still tie ballgames.”

Roethlisberger speculated many players didn’t know ties can happen because games are played to a conclusion in high school and college football. Also, a large percentage of current NFL players weren’t in the league when that Falcons-Steelers tie occurred.

So is Ward saying he wasn't aware of this rule either? :scratch:

Captcoolhand
11-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtCLHpjXpBG7cT0vWCSDCU0dsLYF?slug=ap-steelers-ties&prov=ap&type=lgns)

He knew...It happen back in 2002 against Falcons and Ward was on the team so I don't believe that.

Steelerlyn
11-19-2008, 03:52 PM

It sounds pretty clear to me that he was also unaware.

ejsteeler
11-19-2008, 03:53 PM
They're both just trying to downplay it and let it die for McNasty.

LarryNJ
11-19-2008, 10:06 PM
I agree, they are just sticking up for Donovan knowing one day they too may do something stupid.

BR7
11-19-2008, 11:59 PM
I don't buy it that Ward said he didn't know. As the other poster said.. he was on the team when they tied. Hell.. McNub was in the league back then.

I still can't believe they say a large percentage of NFL players are unaware of the tie. Who was it that they interviewed in the Steelers locker room after the Chargers game that said a tie was like "kissing your sister' lol. Foote? I don't recall, but I was laughing pretty good at that.

Dean Denton
11-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Ok, lets say McNabb knew about the OT rule. Would he have played any harder? No, he wouldn't. We saw his true colors in that Superbowl. Sorry, but TO was the MVP of that game, and they lost. McNabb has some skills, but has to find true grit to play QB at a level higher than what he does. I wont say he cant win a SB, but he would need to change into a mentally tougher player. The dude is soft, and would get run out of the Steel city. I think he needs a change. Maybe Chicago, or Seattle. Miami would help him too...Andy just needs to retire and deal with his sons....