PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Bengals Trap

SteelfordWexler
11-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Looking at the schedule, this sets up as the mother of all trap games. I know that in the NFL - you need to prepare every week, but the Steelers will need to battle human nature over the next few days and stay focused to pick up what amounts to a must win in the division. The Bengals are motivated and have been improving. A rilvary game is never a gimmie.

GIANTS
REDSKINS
COLTS
CHARGERS

bengals

PATRIOTS
COWBOYS
RAVENS
TITANS

LatrobePA
11-17-2008, 01:34 PM
The bunguls D has been playing good, but they still suck! I don't think it'll be a blow out like last time, but I do see us having 6-8 sacks....

And to be honest I don't know if there back-up QB can handle it on a short week after being dropped 8 times to philly...

scott0326
11-17-2008, 01:35 PM
This is a game the Steelers need to have, the Bengals are horrible

BlackGold4vr
11-17-2008, 01:41 PM
With the way our offense is struggling I don't look at any game as a gimme. We could play the next 6 games against the 6 worst defenses in the league and we would probably still lose 2 of them. Our offense will prevent us from going anywhere in the playoffs this year unless someone kidnaps Bruce Arians and keeps him from planning or attending the playoff games. There are only 5 teams with defenses worse than the Chargers and we couldn't score a touchdown against them at home. Kinda puts things in perspective doesn't it?

:banging:

ejsteeler
11-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Agreed. Though Ben's was overall pretty darn good, no TD's will not get us though or even in the playoffs. something needs to change or we will be watching from the outside, period.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-17-2008, 02:10 PM
The Eagles D shut down Fitzpatrick for the most part, Douchemanzada had a good game though. Either way they are coming to our house in primetime and we need this game. Fortunately we came out of sunday's game no worse for wear health wise so I look for us to be up big time for this game and then get some much needed rest till the following week.

We can't take them lightly though, not be a long stretch. We got a lead back in the AFCN now we need to keep it!

memphissteelergirl
11-17-2008, 02:27 PM
You never take a division game for granted, :imho:

No matter how crappy their record, the Ben-gals hate our guys with a passion and would love to pull this one off in our house! They are out of the playoff picture so this is pretty much for pride on their part and that can be a powerful motivator.

Nevertheless, 24-17 Good guys. :tt02::tt02:

SteelerSal
11-17-2008, 03:24 PM
No way will this be a trap game. They are a heated rival.
I would be worried if we were playing the Lions or Rams.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Ok its The Bungles..........I understand the NFL that anything can happen on any Given Sunday.....But if the Steelers are a legit play-off team then there is no way the Steelers lose this game....I like the Steelers 30-9 in this win....I'm hoping for a shut out this week and Troy runs back an INT for a TD since the refs robbed him of his TD against the Chargers...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-17-2008, 04:48 PM
If we lose to the Bengals then the NFL can revoke our record and put us at 0-11 because we should win this game no problem. That's not to say that stranger things have not happened in this league or that they haven't beaten us before but recent history, our roster, our record, our QB, everything points to us winning this game so if we show up and do what we're supposed to we should win this game and go to 8-3. That being said though this team has had a habit of looking past opponents and Tomlin's record in big games is not the best in his young coaching career so we need to show up and put a dagger in their hearts right from the get go and not let them hang around.

The way we controlled the clock and moved the chains against the Chargers we should have won that game by atleast 2 TD's if not more. So yes anything can happen but it better not!

AZ_Steeler
11-17-2008, 04:56 PM
The game is a huge trap... The Bengals gained a lot of confidence Sunday even though they didn't win simply because they didn't lose either! They tied the Eagles though which beat the Steelers a few weeks back... so now they have to be thinking "Hey the Eagles beat the Steelers and we tied the Eagles, we can do this this Thursday night!"

It's not a game to take lightly!

KSSteelerfan
11-17-2008, 05:02 PM
From here on out at this point the Steelers should take no team lightly. If our D plays like it played in yesterdays game against da Chargers the Steelers stand a great chance of winning our division.

:herewego:

Stlrs4Life
11-17-2008, 05:16 PM
With the way our offense is struggling I don't look at any game as a gimme. We could play the next 6 games against the 6 worst defenses in the league and we would probably still lose 2 of them. Our offense will prevent us from going anywhere in the playoffs this year unless someone kidnaps Bruce Arians and keeps him from planning or attending the playoff games. There are only 5 teams with defenses worse than the Chargers and we couldn't score a touchdown against them at home. Kinda puts things in perspective doesn't it?

:banging:

Fully agree, are offense is totally offensive. I don't know what it will take for me to feel confident in them again.

Troyisabeast_43
11-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Do you guys really believe that Ryan Fitzpatrick and this Bengals offense is going to be able to come in here and do anything against this Steelers defense the way it is playing now?? The Steelers just shut down one of the better offenses in football yesterday and a pretty good QB in Phillip Rivers. So while I wont even say this is a gimmie game I do believe that the offense will get back on track and find the end zone in this game and the defense just like the last Cincy game will torture Fitzpatrick and the Steelers will win this game fairly easily....

lloydfan4life
11-17-2008, 05:30 PM
....I like the Steelers 30-9 in this win....

With the defense scoring 24 of those 30, right?? :lol:

We can't take this Bungles team lightly. They're hungry for a win against us. I said in a different post and I'll repeat it here, I really want to see TJ Doeshismamma get his bell rung for dissin' our TT a few years ago. That's one guy I can't stand!
Remember the hit CJ took that knocked out his gold teeth? This week it's TJ's turn! :yesnod:

Stairwayto7
11-17-2008, 06:18 PM
No trap, our team should know that these wins are NOT coming easy. And that they need to bring thier A GAme

memphissteelergirl
11-17-2008, 06:46 PM
I really want to see TJ Doeshismamma get his bell rung for dissin' our TT a few years ago. That's one guy I can't stand!

You and me both, brother!

blackngold29
11-17-2008, 07:01 PM
We should prepare for this game as if it was the thoughest team in the league, as we should every game. We should play to win this game 55-0. If the Bengals really suck, we should.

Ambridge
11-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Yeah!! This game does have Trap written all over it if the Steelers let Cincy hang around the game going into the third quarter like they did when they played the first time.
The Steelers need to come out and put a strangle hold on the Bengals right away and kick them in the dirt by half time.

SteelerSal
11-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Like I posted earlier, hated division rival, plus I'll add Ravens are a game back breathing down their necks...............NO Way are the Steelers looking past this game!:nono:

BlitzburghNation
11-17-2008, 08:53 PM
We will be ready for them Bung-Ho's and we'll be kicking some major :moon:

Don't see a trap at all,,,,,,,,,These guys hate each other too much and the only way we lose this game :thinking: If we play down to there level,"which we've been known to do"

STEELERS 27
Ho's---- 13

Black@Gold Forever32
11-17-2008, 09:01 PM
The Bengals starting OT's left the game with injury yesterday and probably won't play Thursday on a short week......The replacements for both starting OTs will be rookie LT Anthony Collins and some journey men OG at RT......Harrison will abuse Collins all game and Woodley should have a few sacks to...Really the Steelers defense could post double digit sacks Thursday night.....

NCSteeler
11-18-2008, 12:51 AM
Best thing the Eagles ever did fo rus was tie with Cinci. It gives the staff a little somethign to point at and say see you better be ready.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-18-2008, 09:05 AM
The Bengals starting OT's left the game with injury yesterday and probably won't play Thursday on a short week......The replacements for both starting OTs will be rookie LT Anthony Collins and some journey men OG at RT......Harrison will abuse Collins all game and Woodley should have a few sacks to...Really the Steelers defense could post double digit sacks Thursday night.....

Thanks for the update 32! If they end up starting a rookie at LT then Harrison will have a field day with that so I expect them to keep a TE over there or keep a back in there to help out. Either way though you're right Wood and Silverback could be huge this thursday night.

I want us to come out on offense and just fire it all over the place, short passes, medium passes, down the field to Holmes and Washington, let's really put them away early and let Parker run wild.

snowman79
11-18-2008, 11:00 AM
No game is a gimme they will be up for this as they know themselves that they suck !

Focus - Play Hard - Execute - Win Game = Job Done

Lets just go out against the Bungles and remind them that - WE DEY !!!!!!!!!!!!

LatrobePA
11-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Our boys will be playing with a little extra fire in their bellies this game.....

steelerschick1220
11-18-2008, 02:08 PM
With the way our D has been playing,and the fact that thye are a divison rival, I don't see us not winning this game. Our offense looked a little better last week, they just need to punch it into the endzone. I say we win 31-7. I hope we knock TJ out. He is a moron.