PDA

View Full Version : Any other punters available???

Troyisabeast_43
11-16-2008, 11:54 PM
Paul Ernster today was just awful and has not been good at all in the 2 games he has punted since replacing Mitch Berger. The Steelers really miss Sepulveda now it appears. I mean is there anybody out there the Steelers can acquire to replace Ernster because he is just a complete dud. Is Todd Sauerburn available at all or somebody else I mean they cannot be any worse then what Ernster has been like...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2008, 11:56 PM
Ernster will be fine, the conditions today were not good for Punters. Kicking in the wind and snow is never easy. Im ok with him back there, as he gets more experience he'll get better.

blackngold29
11-16-2008, 11:57 PM
Average of 31 yards today, not too great.

What about the safety punt?! Holy crap did that guy get a hold of one.

jpele
11-17-2008, 12:03 AM

31 yd avg. is good for Ernster I believe his career avg is 26 yds. Does anyone remember the one game he played for the Browns ?

LatrobePA
11-17-2008, 12:09 AM
We're at the bottom of the barrel!!

I was thinking tonight, we are 7-3 with a patched together o-line, back-up punters, long snapper, rb's, man we could be dangerous with healthy players!!

blackngold29
11-17-2008, 12:11 AM
We're at the bottom of the barrel!!

I was thinking tonight, we are 7-3 with a patched together o-line, back-up punters, long snapper, rb's, man we could be dangerous with healthy players!!

What's a "healthy player"?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-17-2008, 12:17 AM
It is what it is at this point people, pickins are slim for quality punters at this point in the year so unless there is an injury I wouldn't expect to see any changes made. I can't fault Ernster for the punts today in that weather, and last week was his first action with the team. He'll hopefully be able to adjust and start playing better in the coming weeks. He's not the best I'll give you that but we're kinda stuck right now.

LatrobePA
11-17-2008, 01:10 AM
What's a "healthy player"?

Are you being a smart ***?? Or asking an honest question?

Healthy, most of our guys are beat to hell and back, and we're on a short week, healthy, meaning at their best!

F'n people on here have a way of being pure old DI-CKS!!

$teelersRule
11-17-2008, 01:59 AM

that was insane! he punted it like 75 yards!!! :eek1:

Dee Mca
11-17-2008, 04:50 AM
What about Christopher Gardocki?????
NEVER been blocked!!!!
42.76 yard per punt avg

Troyisabeast_43
11-17-2008, 07:21 PM
I know Todd Sauerbrun is retired and has had some off the field issues, but at this point Id consider giving him a look over Ernster who I just do not have any confidence in at all. Sauerbrun has a strong leg, has kicked in bad weather before and is a more proven kicker and is still only 35 years old. I dont want to hear any weather excuses about yesterday either for Ernster . The weather is going to be bad and windy and cold pretty much the rest of the year so Ernster better be ready to handle this type of weather each and every week. If Ernster cant punt in these conditions and is punting the way he did yesterday for the rest of the season the Steelers are going to be in huge trouble with this guy.

scott0326
11-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Ernster sucks, not sure if he's better then Mitch Berger...