PDA

View Full Version : Do Tomlin and Arians know how to use the talent on this roster??

Troyisabeast_43
11-16-2008, 11:51 PM
I mean these two guys when it comes to handling this offense and playcalling and making decisions continue to make horrific calls down on the goaline and in key situations. Running Mewelde Moore on 4th and goal at the 1 when Willie had been running all over the Chargers was just inexcusable. Also, kicking a FG early on in the game in those conditions when you're going to give up 10 yards of field position if you miss it was just an insane decision as well by Tomlin. I just look at both of these guys and the way they handle the offense and use certain guys and call plays it just looks as if they just have absolutely no clue on how to handle things what so ever. It these kind of things dont improve and dont get better this Steelers team is not going to last long come playoff time.

blackngold29
11-16-2008, 11:54 PM
The FG was a very stupid call, and they ruined Reed's perfect season with no fault to him.

I know a lot of people don't like Tomlin and especially Arians, but there's one thing that counts and we do have a 7 in the win column and a 3 in the losses.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2008, 11:55 PM
Overall the playcalling in this game minus those couple debacles was actually very good. Ben in a short, quick, passing game along with Willie running the ball was very effective today and the stats back that up.

Now the FG in the 1st quarter was absolutely ridiculous. You never kick a 50 yarder in the 1st quarter in the snow and wind! They should have punted or just gone for it. The 4th and goal was a total joke too, they should have let Ben run it in on a bootleg or done a Tackle eligible or something because the Chargers were ready for something up the middle and they are tough there.

Troyisabeast_43
11-16-2008, 11:58 PM
The FG was a very stupid call, and they ruined Reed's perfect season with no fault to him.

I know a lot of people don't like Tomlin and especially Arians, but there's one thing that counts and we do have a 7 in the win column and a 3 in the losses.

I agree the bottom line is wins and losses but my point is when you have your QB throw for 300 yards, you have a 100 yard receiver, and a 100 yard rusher and you cant even score 1 Touchdown the entire game there is something wrong there. These kind of things had better get corrected these last 6 games if this Steelers team hopes to advance anywhere far in the playoffs this year. Tomlin and Arians operating the offense the way they have been doing so far this year with playcalls and just everything else is just not good enough and will not get it done come playoff time in my opinion.

blackngold29
11-17-2008, 12:00 AM
I agree the bottom line is wins and losses but my point is when you have your QB throw for 300 yards, you have a 100 yard receiver, and a 100 yard rusher and you cant even score 1 Touchdown the entire game there is something wrong there. These kind of things had better get corrected these last 6 games if this Steelers team hopes to advance anywhere far in the playoffs this year. Tomlin and Arians operating the offense the way they have been doing so far this year with playcalls and just everything else is just not good enough and will not get it done come playoff time in my opinion.

Those stats look great, but there were 115 yards worth of penalties against them. That problem needs corrected like now.

K Train
11-17-2008, 12:19 AM
spaeth was doing some serious work today

DBR96A
11-17-2008, 12:31 AM
After the goal-line ****-up, I noticed that Gary Russell got all the short-yardage carries. That's a positive sign.

bonesetter58
11-17-2008, 01:03 AM
Overall the playcalling in this game minus those couple debacles was actually very good. Ben in a short, quick, passing game along with Willie running the ball was very effective today and the stats back that up.

Now the FG in the 1st quarter was absolutely ridiculous. You never kick a 50 yarder in the 1st quarter in the snow and wind! They should have punted or just gone for it. The 4th and goal was a total joke too, they should have let Ben run it in on a bootleg or done a Tackle eligible or something because the Chargers were ready for something up the middle and they are tough there.

All except for the LACK OF TOUCHDOWNS!! The Defense cant be expected to make uyp for the lack of scoring from the offense who "has great stats".

--- Added 11/16/2008 at 11:03 PM ---

spaeth was doing some serious work today

that is a good sign. Although I bet Miller is wondering why the O waited so long to turn the ball to the tight ends. HAHA. Spaeth looked good!! hope we keep in the game.:tt02:

NCSteeler
11-17-2008, 04:53 AM
All except for the LACK OF TOUCHDOWNS!! The Defense cant be expected to make uyp for the lack of scoring from the offense who "has great stats".

--- Added 11/16/2008 at 11:03 PM ---

that is a good sign. Although I bet Miller is wondering why the O waited so long to turn the ball to the tight ends. HAHA. Spaeth looked good!! hope we keep in the game.:tt02:

I think I read somewhere that the CHargers are one of the 3 worst teams in the league giving up yardage to the TE, so I suspect that is why it was in the game plan more.

MOTORKRAFT
11-17-2008, 05:14 AM
After the goal-line ****-up, I noticed that Gary Russell got all the short-yardage carries. That's a positive sign.
Hopefully Russell is out of someones dog house. I can't believe it took this long for the coaches to realize he plays for this team.

LarryNJ
11-17-2008, 07:43 AM
Do Tomlin and Arians know how to use the talent on this roster??

Tomlin? Yes. Just look at our defense. Other than Troy we don't have great D-backs but they are playing that way. Do you think that has anything to do with Tomlins back ground? These are the same corners who regularly got beat for big plays. Usually several times a game. Our LB's are very good but alot of the sacks are because everyone is covered. The slamming Tomlin is really getting old to me. He's in his second year, the D fense is playing better than any Steelers D in 30 years, yesterdays game was well called and you can always second guess a few calls evry game. Even if you win 35-0.

Now Arians...he's free game! :)

HUNT4SEVEN
11-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Hopefully Russell is out of someones dog house. I can't believe it took this long for the coaches to realize he plays for this team.

:rant2:i can't believe it took this long either, i was wondering what do they see in him, now i see but why was Russell on the side line on the 4th an goal play:thinking:?Arians doesn't know how to use our talent an i'm beginning to think Tomlin is more of an fan than an coach:eek1:we have the talent to compete, we just have to get the talent on the filed:rant2: :tt02::tt02:

SteelerNC
11-17-2008, 10:17 AM
7-3 !!!!!

SteelfordWexler
11-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Those stats look great, but there were 115 yards worth of penalties against them. That problem needs corrected like now.

:plus1: To me that is the story of this game (other than another good defensive outing)

Captcoolhand
11-17-2008, 11:08 AM
:rant2:i can't believe it took this long either, i was wondering what do they see in him, now i see but why was Russell on the side line on the 4th an goal play:thinking:?Arians doesn't know how to use our talent an i'm beginning to think Tomlin is more of an fan than an coach:eek1:we have the talent to compete, we just have to get the talent on the filed:rant2: :tt02::tt02:
:rofl: I have to agree, He look like he has just hired to have front row seats to the game.

Stlrs4Life
11-17-2008, 05:20 PM
All I know is, that we looked OK when we were in the no huddle offense.

Troyisabeast_43
11-17-2008, 05:35 PM
First Off Tomlin is on no hot seat, any true Steeler fans know the Rooneys don't fire coaches. They may not renew you but you will last your contract unless you resign.

I like Tomlin for the most part, his biggest blunder so far is keeping Arians & Zierlein on staff(Hopefully that gets corrected in the off-season), I can't help but wonder sometimes what things would be like had Whisenhunt got the job though.

$teelersRule
11-17-2008, 06:08 PM
I can't help but wonder sometimes what things would be like had Whisenhunt got the job though.

i know what you mean... it would have all depended on if he kept the whole defense intact if so i think we would be a little better off right now

Troyisabeast_43
11-17-2008, 07:29 PM
i know what you mean... it would have all depended on if he kept the whole defense intact if so i think we would be a little better off right now

I think we would be a little bit better off as well now too but we will never know for sure I guess. Another thing about yesterday that irritated me a lot was at the end of the game once Parker got the first down at about the 7 yard line and the Chargers had no timeouts and couldnt stop the clock that Tomlin continued to try to run the ball and score a TD when there was absolutely no need to do so. So much stuff could have happened on those handoffs like muffed snaps, a fumble, and whatever else. Why risk it?? Why not just run it down to 4 seconds, call timeout, kick it and get out of there with the win. Just poor decision making by Tomlin I thought there in a lot of ways...

LarryNJ
11-17-2008, 10:59 PM
I can't help but wonder sometimes what things would be like had Whisenhunt got the job though.

Our Offense would probably be better but our defense wouldn't be near as good. You have to give Tomlin credit for the huge strides the defense has made.