PDA

View Full Version : It all works out good today Steelers win Ravens lose...

Troyisabeast_43
11-16-2008, 10:42 PM
It all came about just like I mentioned it probably would a week ago saying that the Ravens would lose to the Giants and that the Steelers would beat the Chargers. Thus, it gives the Steelers that game lead back in the division and essentially keeps us 2 games ahead of the Ravens with the head to head tiebraker. Big chance to pad our lead this week in the AFC North and in the conference when it comes to getting the upper edge on that number 2 seed which is where the Steelers currently are right now. The Steelers host the Bengals obviously on Thursday night in a game which they should definitely win and move to 8-3 overall and 7-1 in the conference. In the division the Ravens have a very tough game in Baltimore with the Eagles who after they tied Cincy today are going to be in a MUST win mode. The Jets who are 7-3 and have the same record as the Steelers currently the number 3 seed have to play at Tennessee next weekend in a game which they should lose, and move them to 7-4 overall and 5-4 in the conference. As I stated the other day the fact that the Steelers have a chance this week to have 3 less conference losses then the Jets when it comes to trying to get that number 2 seed I believe is a huge huge deal in my opinion coming down the stretch.

blackngold29
11-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Cleveland play tomorrow night, I could give a crap what they're record is... I hope the bastards lose.

$teelersRule
11-17-2008, 12:56 AM
who would have thought the JETS would be vying for a number two seed with us before the season started? really made a remarkable turnaround, i hope they make the playoffs just not take our bye week!

AZ_Steeler
11-17-2008, 01:10 AM
The Eagles are going to go to Baltimore pissed off and embarrassed after their tie against the Bengals... I feel bad for the Ravens! :lol:

JensK
11-17-2008, 02:32 AM
The Eagles are going to go to Baltimore pissed off and embarrassed after their tie against the Bengals... I feel bad for the Ravens! :lol:

Seriously! I hope Flacco brings his first aid kit, because the Eagles defence is going to kill him..

LarryNJ
11-17-2008, 06:46 AM
The Eagles are a team in shambles. If I was a betting man I'd pick the Ravens in that one.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-17-2008, 09:15 AM
Cleveland play tomorrow night, I could give a crap what they're record is... I hope the bastards lose.
:yellowthumb: well said i hate the Clowns an these so called fans they have:clap::clap:

SteelfordWexler
11-17-2008, 09:55 AM
The Eagles are a team in shambles. If I was a betting man I'd pick the Ravens in that one.

I think they threw the ball 60+ times against Cincinatti. :scratch: They don't exactly have the reputation of stuffing the run. Andy Reid can really out think himself sometimes. Now they go on the road to a place where running isn't ever easy - He will probably run the wishbone. :lol:

It makes our game with a resurgent Bungle team all that much more important. We can keep the pressure on them and maintain our AFCN record.

scott0326
11-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Perfect day football wise
If Steelers win on Thursday and Ravens lose to Eagles things will be looking good.

LarryNJ
11-17-2008, 12:56 PM
I think they threw the ball 60+ times against Cincinatti. :scratch: They don't exactly have the reputation of stuffing the run. Andy Reid can really out think himself sometimes. Now they go on the road to a place where running isn't ever easy - He will probably run the wishbone. :lol:

In his news conference today they ask him. Reporter: Andy the Bengals are 25th in the NFL against the run but you passed it 58 times yeaterday. Westbrook was averaging 6+ yds per carry in the second half but you only gave him the ball 3 times. Why? Andy: Well we noticed that the Bengals were weak against the pass... hehehehehe... I'd be surprised if they beat the Ravens.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Perfect day football wise
If Steelers win on Thursday and Ravens lose to Eagles things will be looking good.

I don't know if the Eagles are capable of beating anybody. Cincy's defense is nothing special and the Eagles couldn't do anything against them but turn the ball over. If they don't fix that it's going to be a long day for them. We need to keep winning and the AFCN will take care of itself, we control our own destiny and if we blow it we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Troyisabeast_43
11-17-2008, 04:30 PM
I don't know if the Eagles are capable of beating anybody. Cincy's defense is nothing special and the Eagles couldn't do anything against them but turn the ball over. If they don't fix that it's going to be a long day for them. We need to keep winning and the AFCN will take care of itself, we control our own destiny and if we blow it we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Steelers also control their own destiny to get the number 2 seed as well seeing that they only have 1 conference loss, and after this week they should be 7-1 in the conference after Thursday night, and on Sunday should the Jets lose to the Titans the Jets will be a game back of the Steelers with a 5-4 conference record. The bottom line is if the Steelers can win these next 2 games against the Bengals and Patriots and get to 9-3 overall and 8-1 in the AFC they are going to be in complete control of the AFC North and complete control of their own destiny as well in terms of getting that bye week and the number 2 overall seed...Keep in mind the first tiebraker after head to head is conference record so seeing that the Steelers dont play the Jets and Broncos the two other current division leaders and both of them already have 3 and 4 conference losses with probably a few more to come, the Steelers are in excellent shape as long as they keep on winning to get that first week of the playoffs off....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Seems like every year we control our own destiny and then we blow it by losing at the wrong time. We need to get on a streak now and win some games. Our schedule will have us well battle tested and so far we've taken care of business in our division and the AFC. keep that up and we will be in real good shape come the end of December.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-18-2008, 09:18 PM
The Steelers will beat both the Bengals and Browns......I would like to think they will win in Baltimore as well but the Steelers have lost five straight in the Rat Nest....lol

I would like to think the Steelers will handle the Cowgirls at home but that could be another game the Steelers give away...Hopefully not.....Playing New England is never easy but there is no Tom Brady this time around......But Matt Cassel is playing better then I expected him to play but you would have to think the Stelelers defense will take it to Cassel but who knows....The Pats coaching staff always prepares their players well......Playing the Titans in Tenn. will be tough and Jeff Fisher coached teams always play the Steelers tough (even when they were the Oilers)......But the Titans offense doesn't concern me at all....Our offense against their D does.....Could be a 9-6 game....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-18-2008, 09:30 PM
If this team could just play to their potential for any consistent length of time I know we can play ball with anyone. Im not real worried about the divisional games, we can take those. The Cowboys will start to get more tough with romo back so that should be a good one. The Titans match up well with us in terms of what they like to do so that should be a real defensive battle for sure.

The Pats game, I like our chances but man Belichick always game plans so well and they are tough no matter who is there. I love our defense matched up against anyone in the league no matter who it is.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-18-2008, 09:42 PM
If this team could just play to their potential for any consistent length of time I know we can play ball with anyone. Im not real worried about the divisional games, we can take those. The Cowboys will start to get more tough with romo back so that should be a good one. The Titans match up well with us in terms of what they like to do so that should be a real defensive battle for sure.

The Pats game, I like our chances but man Belichick always game plans so well and they are tough no matter who is there. I love our defense matched up against anyone in the league no matter who it is.

We will lose in Baltimore....The Steelers have lost five straight in Baltimore.....I hate to type this but the Steelers have struggled there lately.....

I see the Steelers winning 3-4 games out of the last six.....10-6 or 11-5 for the Steelers....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-18-2008, 09:44 PM
11-5 will take the AFCN for sure, not sure about 10-6 depending on the ratbirds and how well they do in these next 4 games. If they go 2-2 and we can atleast do 1 better then we'll be in good shape and that last game in their house hopefully won't matter for us as far as playoff position goes.

steelerschick1220
11-18-2008, 10:01 PM
I say that we end up 11-5 or 12-4. We will win the North and get the 2nd seed in the playoffs. I feel quite sure about it.