PDA

View Full Version : Troys TD was confirmed... Vegas not a happy camper though

LatrobePA
11-16-2008, 11:00 PM
But never rewarded to him..Thus 11-10 final score.

Was watching the SNF halftime show, it wasn't an illegal forward pass..And should of been a TD!!

Guys and gals, there was something very f'n fishy about this game tonight, I hope someone higher up can bust these clowns!!

scott0326
11-16-2008, 11:01 PM
I never saw an illegal forward pass from the begging, I don't have any idea why it doesn't count, not that we needed it but still.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2008, 11:04 PM
I was wondering about that, it seemed legit to me and he clearly made it into the endzone but then they reversed it and God forbid if that would have been the game winner for us and they would have overturned it :evilshake: I don't understand how you cannot count that TD, they basically took points off the board for us that could have been costly.

LatrobePA
11-16-2008, 11:07 PM
Vegas, if the TD counted the spread would of been right on....Some one paid these clowns tonight!!

scott0326
11-16-2008, 11:30 PM
The NFL admitted that Troy Polamalu's fumble return for a touchdown in the waning seconds of Sunday's game against the Chargers should have counted.
This really affected betting because the spread was 3 with the Steelers favored and San Diego would have lost by seven had the touchdown stood. Instead, Pittsburgh won 11-10 due to an officiating mistake. We're guessing that most bets were on the Steelers. The score can no longer be changed.
Source:http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=681

jpele
11-16-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm going to love hear Mike Pereira explain this one, I'd also like an explanation of the pass interference on Ike Taylor.

Forget about the hands to the face of James Harrison or having his jersey half yanked off .

The NFL is a total joke with its officiating ,but it seems they're more interested in what Hines Ward is doing than putting a quality product on the field.

blackngold29
11-16-2008, 11:39 PM
It doesn't seem to matter now, but regardless I would like to see the NFL give an official, detailed explination. The play was called a TD by the ref, but the official records show that the ball was called dead at the spot of the foul.

It would take an extreme situation, but the total net points are part of a division tie-break situation. I doubt and hope it won't come to that, but a play like that could have disastorous consequenses.

LatrobePA
11-16-2008, 11:42 PM
It's all about the $$$$$ I'm telling you, these nut-bags were paid!!

blackngold29
11-16-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm not defending them, but if the refs were paid... wouldn't the Chargers have won?

--- Added 11/16/2008 at 09:48 PM ---

It doesn't seem to matter now, but regardless I would like to see the NFL give an official, detailed explination. The play was called a TD by the ref, but the official records show that the ball was called dead at the spot of the foul.

It would take an extreme situation, but the total net points are part of a division tie-break situation. I doubt and hope it won't come to that, but a play like that could have disastorous consequenses.

After re-reading the call: It was called a TD on the field because the ref said the penalty was declined. However the records (http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/29685/PIT_Gamebook.pdf) (last page) show that the penalty was enforced. Huh?

jpele
11-16-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm not defending them, but if the refs were paid... wouldn't the Chargers have won?

-

No , it has to due with the point spread.

blackngold29
11-16-2008, 11:52 PM

Ahh. So then the people who wanted the TD to count and the extra point kicked (talk about confusion) would be real mad!

LatrobePA
11-16-2008, 11:59 PM

Yes indeed! Yes we won, but this game shouldn't of even been close. Look at the #'s Ben put up, look at the time of POS, we dominated, but with 13 penalties for over 100 yards, the game was managed by the zebras today!!

blackngold29
11-17-2008, 12:25 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-chargers-steelers-confusingcall&prov=ap&type=lgns

From the AP:
The first 11-10 game in NFL history shouldn’t have ended that way, referee Scott Green said after a last-minute touchdown was errantly taken away from the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

The officiating mistake didn’t affect the outcome since the Steelers still would have won, but the touchdown would have changed the score to 17-10—or, more likely, 18-10, since the teams were lined up for an extra-point try that was never attempted.

On first-and-10 from San Diego’s 21 with 5 seconds remaining, Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers threw a short pass to LaDainian Tomlinson over the middle for 3 yards. Tomlinson turned and made a handoff-type lateral to wide receiver Chris Chambers, who attempted to pitch the ball to a teammate only to have safety Troy Polamalu scoop it up and score from the 12.

Both teams left the field on what looked to be a game-ending play, but were called back by the officials for the extra-point attempt. At that point, the replay official called for a review.

After watching the play, Green initially announced the ruling on the field was upheld and the touchdown counted. But the officiating crew huddled again before the extra-point attempt and changed the call, deciding that an illegal forward pass should have ended the play.

Green, in a postgame interview with a pool reporter, said that call was errant—even though his explanation for the confusion was almost as confusing as the play itself.

“We should have let the play go through in the end, yes,” Green said. “It was misinterpreted that instead of killing the play, we should have let the play go through.”

Green said the confusion occurred because there was a misunderstanding about which lateral was in question.

“The first pass was the one that was illegal, but it only kills the play if it hits the ground,” Green said. “That was incorrect to have killed it at that point. The ruling should have let the play go on. That’s just the way that it played out. We believe the second pass was legal.”

Green was asked why, since the ball didn’t hit the ground during any of the tossing, the officials decided after huddling that the play should have ended.

“We didn’t kill it on the field,” Green said. “After (the) discussion we decided … there was some confusion over which pass we were talking about and it was decided that it was the second pass that was illegal that did hit the ground and therefore we killed the play there.”

However, the officials realized afterward they erred.

“I know,” Green said. “The rule was misinterpreted.”

Asked about the officiating—the Steelers drew 115 yards in penalties to the Chargers’ 5—Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin declined to comment.

“No, I have never seen a game ended with 13-to-1 in penalties, but I am not answering questions about the officiating,” Tomlin said.

The call affected betting on the game since the Steelers were 5-point favorites and would have covered if the touchdown counted.

Prosdo
11-17-2008, 05:46 AM
It was just a weird series of events. I still don't understand why the refs' heads were so far up their asses.

LarryNJ
11-17-2008, 07:32 AM
I think if that call was at the end of the first half they would of taken their time and got it correct. Even though all conspiracy theorys are certianly possible (ex. NBA) I doubt it. They review was very quick, a mistake was made and it's as simple as that. Maybe CBS was telling them to hurry up because they wanted Obama on.

Captcoolhand
11-17-2008, 07:46 AM
I't's all a bunch of Bull Chit to me. :cursin:

I think they kept it the way it was because its the first time in NFL History (12829 games) that a finished score ended with 10-11.:2cents:

Pittsburgh Steelers made History! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

lloydfan4life
11-17-2008, 09:32 AM
The officiating in this game absolutely sucked..... again! :cursin:
I told Woodsonsgirl during the game that it seemed almost as if the refs were doing all they could to make the Steelers lose.
Let this be a lesson to the crybaby Seahag's and their head coach.... great teams find ways to overcome poor officiating to win games! :yesnod:

HUNT4SEVEN
11-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Plain an Simple it was an Vegas move:cursin: the National Fine League is getting to greedy also Roger Goodell u suck an ur refs must of came from the N.B.A:cursin:

--- Added 11/17/2008 at 08:12 AM ---

I told Woodsonsgirl during the game that it seemed almost as if the refs were doing all they could to make the Steelers lose.
Let this be a lesson to the crybaby Seahag's and their head coach.... great teams find ways to overcome poor officiating to win games! :yesnod:
That's true u Seafag's hear that:thinking:u can cheat us but u can't beat us:tt02::yellowthumb:

SteelerNC
11-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Everyone of you is right. It is all about the CASH!

SteelfordWexler
11-17-2008, 11:16 AM
...,but it seems they're more interested in what Hines Ward is doing than putting a quality product on the field.

I think this may be true. He was probably technically guilty on the clip, although he did pull up - and his hands were outside on the holding call - but this stuff rarely gets called - especially when it is away from the play and he let they guy go.

Hines can't be flagged for playing rough - making legal hits, but they can watch his every move and pelt him with flags at every opportunity.

The Chargers weren't on the field much - and the o gets more penalties than the d usually - so it makes sense that they didn't get as many flags, but common - they swallowed the whistle for those guys.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-17-2008, 12:35 PM
By ALAN ROBINSON, AP

PITTSBURGH(AP) — The first 11-10 game in NFL history shouldn't have ended that way, referee Scott Green said after a last-minute touchdown was errantly taken away from the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

The officiating mistake didn't affect the outcome since the Steelers still would have won, but the touchdown would have changed the score to 17-10 - or, more likely, 18-10, since the teams were lined up for an extra-point try that was never attempted.

On first-and-10 from San Diego's 21 with 5 seconds remaining, Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers threw a short pass to LaDainian Tomlinson over the middle for 3 yards. Tomlinson turned and made a handoff-type lateral to wide receiver Chris Chambers, who attempted to pitch the ball to a teammate only to have safety Troy Polamalu scoop it up and score from the 12.

Both teams left the field on what looked to be a game-ending play, but were called back by the officials for the extra-point attempt. At that point, the replay official called for a review.

After watching the play, Green initially announced the ruling on the field was upheld and the touchdown counted. But the officiating crew huddled again before the extra-point attempt and changed the call, deciding that an illegal forward pass should have ended the play.

Green, in a postgame interview with a pool reporter, said that call was errant - even though his explanation for the confusion was almost as confusing as the play itself.

``We should have let the play go through in the end, yes,'' Green said. ``It was misinterpreted that instead of killing the play, we should have let the play go through.''

Green said the confusion occurred because there was a misunderstanding about which lateral was in question.

``The first pass was the one that was illegal, but it only kills the play if it hits the ground,'' Green said. ``That was incorrect to have killed it at that point. The ruling should have let the play go on. That's just the way that it played out. We believe the second pass was legal.''

Green was asked why, since the ball didn't hit the ground during any of the tossing, the officials decided after huddling that the play should have ended.

``We didn't kill it on the field,'' Green said. ``After (the) discussion we decided ... there was some confusion over which pass we were talking about and it was decided that it was the second pass that was illegal that did hit the ground and therefore we killed the play there.''

However, the officials realized afterward they erred.

``I know,'' Green said. ``The rule was misinterpreted.''

Asked about the officiating - the Steelers drew 115 yards in penalties to the Chargers' 5 - Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin declined to comment.

``No, I have never seen a game ended with 13-to-1 in penalties, but I am not answering questions about the officiating,'' Tomlin said.

The call affected betting on the game since the Steelers were 5-point favorites and would have covered if the touchdown counted.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-17-2008, 01:02 PM
How can there be so much confusion between the Ref's:duh:?:thinking: don't these cats read the rule book every year:thinking:This type of behavior should not be tolerated:willybs:I'm telling u the games are fixed:imho: We need all the points we can get incase it comes down to that in the playoff seeding:cursin:

LatrobePA
11-17-2008, 01:07 PM
I hope Santa leaves a big pile of sh!t in these clowns stocking for xmas!!

LatrobePA
11-17-2008, 01:19 PM
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2008/11/64-million-mistake.html

lloydfan4life
11-17-2008, 01:20 PM
FIXED!!! and you can't convince me otherwise!

That was a bullshiat call from the beginning. :cursin: Watch the replays. There was no 'illegal forward pass' in the first place.

SteelfordWexler
11-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Hmmm, very interesting. Most of the money was going Pittsburgh's way hu? Funny how none of the calls did. :scratch:

BTW, I'm not seriously thinking it was fixed, but it does look suspicious on the surface.

scott0326
11-17-2008, 01:34 PM
What a horrible officiated game..

Gumbo
11-17-2008, 01:38 PM
That was the worst officiating crew I've seen this year. I don't know what they looked at on the replay but those were both legal laterals. Glad I'm not a betting man.

ejsteeler
11-17-2008, 02:03 PM
I was yelling so loud my neighbor from across the street came over to see what was going on.....I mean, yeah, it wouldn't have changed the outcome, but the ref's screwed us all game and simply refused to throw the flag on the changers. Now, quite a few of the calls against us were no brainers and quite a few could have easily not been called the way they were not calling them for us......
Anyway, 7-3 heading down the home stretch........:cope:

Koopa
11-17-2008, 03:29 PM
i just saw the play, and there's no need to be mad, cause if the chargers were up they wouldn't have been throwing the ball around like that and troy wouldn't have made that play.......... the only reason troy was able to make that play was cause the chargers were in desperation mode..........

KSSteelerfan
11-17-2008, 04:21 PM

So true...........so very true.:yellowthumb:

Dean Denton
11-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Yeah I dont get it. fine they want to take away Troys TD, but why so many flags? They could have called holding on the dude covering Harrison all game. It looked like he held him every play. Why are they trying to make us lose? Is it because we always win? I just dont get it.

lloydfan4life
11-17-2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah I dont get it. fine they want to take away Troys TD, but why so many flags? They could have called holding on the dude covering Harrison all game. It looked like he held him every play. Why are they trying to make us lose? Is it because we always win? I just dont get it.

Probably 'cause Troy called the Commish a Pansy! :lol: :yesnod:

It's hard enough to win games with the schedule we have, twice as hard when you gotta beat the refs too!

Steelerlyn
11-17-2008, 06:32 PM
http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/bbdp/ref-steelers-td-should-have-counted/250206?icid=100214839x1213190251x1200846008

blackngold29
11-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Here's my take: I would not care about the final play except for one reason: It is a divsional tie-breaker of total points and if that fails, total touchdowns. This play could poetentially eliminate the team from the division title, or even playoff qualification. If this team is eliminated on an admitted mistake, I will flip out so much I'll need a new house. I don't gamble, so I don't care about the point spread, but I do care if this rarity plays out.

I am the last person on earth to complain about officials and calls. I am a firm believer that over the season every team gets calls and gets screwed on calls, that's the way it is, it's not fair, but it usually evens out.

Ambridge
11-17-2008, 07:09 PM
I agree it's too bad that the Steelers were denied the Touchdown but other than that the Fantasy Geeks need to get over it.

Steel Trap86
11-17-2008, 07:19 PM
I was at the game and the officiating was terrible. Steelers were getting flagged for everything, 2 touchdowns taken away and 13 penalties for over 100 yards. James Harrison was getting facemasked and held the whole day and there was no calls. Everybody was saying they should just leave the flags on the field because they were there so much!!!

What I dont understand about the Troy touchdown is that it was ruled a touchdown on the field, then reviewed, OVERTURNED when it clearly wasnt a forward pass and they say after the game that it should have counted???? does this make sense to anybody? what a bunch of ****in morons, that was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen, yet we still pulled out the win. The refs really have it out for the steelers or else they had some big cash on it....ONE OR THE OTHER!!!!

Iron City South
11-17-2008, 08:15 PM
NFL has been in the tank with organized gambling for a long time now ....

I'm surprised some of you are just now suspicious of games like this.

It's no accident ...