PDA

View Full Version : Holding on James Harrison and 13 other penalties, comon!

SteelCityPride08
11-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Can somebody plaese tell me why it is never called for him? They're ripping his facemask, jersey being yanked, and they never call it. I can't remember how many times I saw it today and this isn't the only game where I've James Harrison getting held several times. This **** is getting ridiculous

Bombhunter
11-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Can somebody plaese tell me why it is never called for him? They're ripping his facemask, jersey being yanked, and they never call it. I can't remember how many times I saw it today and this isn't the only game where I've James Harrison getting held several times. This shiat is getting ridiculous

Today was "Call Penalties Against the Home Team Only" Day...Simple explanation. :)

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Just heard Tomlin on his press conference just blow off all the questions and basically saying in not so many words that the officiating just completely stunk tonight. I mean when you call a team for 13 penalities and then only call 1 on the other. Something is seriously wrong. Most of the holding calls were completely bogus. I swear if it wasn't for the penalties you might have seen more points put up on the board but this team for once was able to overcome itself and the officials and get the win.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-16-2008, 08:42 PM
No Discipline these last two years that falls on Tomlin, He's starting to look to me like more of an fan than an coach:cursin:Come on Tomlin get ur shiat together:cursin::cursin: One thing u could say about Coward is that we would never have this many penalities:rant2:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Just heard Tomlin on his press conference just blow off all the questions and basically saying in not so many words that the officiating just completely stunk tonight. I mean when you call a team for 13 penalities and then only call 1 on the other. Something is seriously wrong. Most of the holding calls were completely bogus. I swear if it wasn't for the penalties you might have seen more points put up on the board but this team for once was able to overcome itself and the officials and get the win.

I'm not one to usually complain about the refs.....But I agree the refs were a joke today.....James Harrison constantly was held all game again today....He would have 20 sacks if not for all the holding.....That PI call on Ike was total BS.......

But the false start penalties have to stop....Those are not on the refs but our own players faults...No excuse for a player to be called for a false start at home.....I swear our team always leads the NFL in false starts it seems like....

But again I do agree the refs were a joke.....

Steelers#1fan
11-16-2008, 08:46 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again. We beat two teams tonight. The Chargers and the officials....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2008, 09:11 PM
How in the hell was THIS not a penalty for illegal hands to the face !!!
http://img03.picoodle.com/img/img03/3/11/16/f_09000d5d80cm_eae3ec7.jpg

PsychoWard
11-16-2008, 09:18 PM
How in the hell was THIS not a penalty for illegal hands to the face !!!http://img03.picoodle.com/img/img03/3/11/16/f_09000d5d80cm_eae3ec7.jpg

Holy $hit are you kidding me!!! the calls were pretty bad tonight!! and what about the end of the game when they call it a touchdown and then take it away i mean :wtf: was that?

LarryNJ
11-16-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm not one to usually complain about the refs.......

There are always good and bad calls, we don't want to start sounding like Seahawk fans.

jpele
11-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Just heard Tomlin on his press conference just blow off all the questions and basically saying in not so many words that the officiating just completely stunk tonight. .

When a CB goes for the int and is pushed, then get penalized for being pushed, the officiating has gone beyond stink.

I'd have to say the officials rank right up there with our coaching staff.

Ambridge
11-16-2008, 09:51 PM
That PI call on Ike was total BS.......

That penalty was unbelieveable and it looked more like a push-off on the Charger receiver.
I'm simply astounded at some of the calls these officials just flat out get wrong and then we have to listen to Mike Pereira-Head of NFL Officiating come out and defend these ***-Clown officials who shouldn't even be doing Pop Warner games given the amount of blind errors they make.

SteelersGirlTN7
11-16-2008, 09:53 PM
hhmm, on SNF .. they just talked about the ending... saying that it should have been a TD for Troy .. HOWEVER .. since point differential is the *7th* tiebreaker, the score wont be changed ... despite the outcome it had for "others" ...

i guess at least we can be happy we got the win!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-16-2008, 09:54 PM
There are always good and bad calls, we don't want to start sounding like Seahawk fans.

Yea I know that is why I usually don't complain about the refs....But I'm sorry the PI that was called on Ike that led to the only TD of the game was a terrible call...

13 penalties for the Steelers and 1 only for the Chargers is a joke....Seems like old Roger Goodell has his refs trying to send a message to the Steelers since the Steelers defense and Hines Ward plays to physical in Rogers mind.....

blackngold29
11-16-2008, 09:56 PM
I thought the worst penalty was the pass int on Ike Taylor that puts SD on the one. I mean you take away that one, and the TD, and who knows how differnt the game would've been.

scott0326
11-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Can somebody plaese tell me why it is never called for him? They're ripping his facemask, jersey being yanked, and they never call it. I can't remember how many times I saw it today and this isn't the only game where I've James Harrison getting held several times. This shiat is getting ridiculous

I saw quite a bit of holding on Harrison and a few where he got his facemask pulled.

$teelersRule
11-17-2008, 12:50 AM
I saw quite a bit of holding on Harrison and a few where he got his facemask called.

i saw the same exact thing he was held by two people on that play, one guy had his facemask and the other had his arm around harrison's waist. he gets held every single time yet NEVER gets called :cursin:

NCSteeler
11-17-2008, 03:50 AM
Even Simms called them out for calling the Tackle not on the line of scrimmage. he basically said they never call that. I am not a big conspiracy guy but 13-1 only sounds like one thing to me. Usually if the refs are calling it tight both teams have many penalties. They were definitely pay Hines some very close attention. His block in the back was a legit penalty, but the holding could go either way on just about every play.

Agree Pierra is a joke on NFLnetwork explaining away his refs screw ups and then they don't even give him the bad ones that can't be explained.

steelersgal86
11-17-2008, 06:56 AM
Today was "Call Penalties Against the Home Team Only" Day...Simple explanation. :)

:iagree: have to agree with that

NOVA STEELERS
11-17-2008, 08:35 PM
I was at the game and everyone was going :cursin: NUTS........... and from where I was sitting, the ref throwing the majority of the flags was on the Chargers side line :thinking: :OA02:

snowman79
11-18-2008, 10:19 AM
The holding penalties on Harrison were a joke, having played O tackle you know that when you are beat the only thing to do is grab some cloth and hope the ref doesnt see it, but Jesus H C**ist how OBVIOUS was the holding on #92 almost every play they were commiting a foul i dont know how Harrison never lost it big time, great discipline big man you are a credit to the jersey. These refs need to get their act together before they Do couae a riot somehwhere. A**holes all of them 13 fouls to 1 come on who are they kidding. If we have to beat both the other team and also the officials so be it !

"Pittsburgh Steelers - No one likes us - but hey we dont care"

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jpele
11-18-2008, 11:01 AM
http://www.pigskinaddiction.com/pics/nflhelmets/NFL_Chargers.gif10-11http://www.pigskinaddiction.com/pics/nflhelmets/NFL_Steelers.gif
Snake's Take: This score is perfect for this smash-mouth AFC battle. These teams were knocking the absolute snot out of each other. There was snow, there was wind, there was cold and there was bad blood. It was just a slobberknocker. If the Steelers didn't have 2.3 miles in penalties they would have walked in this one. Fast Willie Parker was back and rang up 115 yards rushing on the day, but no score. Big Ben threw for 308 yards...but no scores. Hines Ward had 11 grabs for 124 yards...but no score. How can they get all these yards and not score? PENALTIES! The Steelers moved the ball pretty easily but they shot themselves in the foot over and over. Ladainian Tomlinson finally found the endzone but other than him, the Chargers had nothing. That's to be expected against the nasty Steelers D. If the Steelers can get any kind of home field advantage in the playoffs...they'll be in the Super Bowl. IMHO, they're the best in the AFC when they have all their players.

Steelerlyn
11-18-2008, 01:08 PM
We have way too may penalities against us in most every game. Who is to blame
for that?

SteelfordWexler
11-19-2008, 12:49 PM
We have way too may penalities against us in most every game. Who is to blame
for that?

I have a theory...

We have evolved into a finess team - even in the running game. We zone block and run out of 3 WR formations with regularity. Many on this board have lamented the loss of the FB in our offense.

Next game, count how many times we go to the line in that bunch formation on 1st and ten. It worked pretty well against the Chargers, except you're asking the TEs and WRs to block DEs and LBs with more regularity. This results in a difficult matchup and more holding calls.

Steely Fan
11-20-2008, 12:00 PM
No Discipline these last two years that falls on Tomlin, He's starting to look to me like more of an fan than an coach:cursin:Come on Tomlin get ur shiat together:cursin::cursin: One thing u could say about Coward is that we would never have this many penalities:rant2:

60 MM you crystalized my thoughts perfectly. Granted there were more than a few egregiously bad calls in the S.D. game, but the stats don't lie, 3rd most penalized team in the league. I like Tomlin a lot, but he's got to tighten that sh*t up.