PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back Willie Parker

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2008, 07:21 PM
25 carries for 115 yds today. No TD's but man he was running tough and made a bunch of big runs for us that really helped out Ben and the offense. I was very happy with Russel on those 3rd and short conversions too, that's what we like to see. Tough, big hitting, no holds barred, leave it all on the field type of running game.

Moore and Parker and Russel are a real solid combination when they are all healthy and if they can stay that way I like our chances with them in the game.

Bombhunter
11-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Welcome back Ben Roethlisberger, too...that was a good game for Benny, I thought. Play calling was a little sketchy, but Ben took care of the ball very well and made some very good throws...

Steelers#1fan
11-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Glad to see Willie back to his 'ol form. As for Russell, WOW! Third and short man for sure. Their running game looked solid...

steelerfan11
11-16-2008, 07:55 PM
We can't forget about Russell returning kick offs. I thought we were screwed on the one when he fumbled the kick. I thought we would be starting inside the 10 easy. He broke some tackles and got it out for us, if it wasn't for that penalty we would have started with great field position considering the situation.

MOTORKRAFT
11-16-2008, 07:57 PM
I was happy to see that someone one the staff saw that Russell was a short yardage back and not just a K.R.:banging:

HUNT4SEVEN
11-16-2008, 08:39 PM
We needed Fast Willie Today good job Willie, he desrves thegame ball:imho::yellowthumb::tt02:

--- Added 11/16/2008 at 07:39 PM ---

Welcome back Ben Roethlisberger, too...that was a good game for Benny, I thought. Play calling was a little sketchy, but Ben took care of the ball very well and made some very good throws...

And he didn't throw an INT either the whole game:yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2008, 08:44 PM
No doubt I think we found our kick off return man now, Russel runs hard on those returns which is good! Tomlin was big on the praise of Russel today, he really came through for us.

scott0326
11-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Willie Parker had a great game, Russell had some big carries though, no long runs for Russell but some big 1st downs.

Prosdo
11-17-2008, 04:47 AM
Welcome back Willie. He played a good game today. Nice to see Russell get some nice short yardage opportunities as well.

SteelfordWexler
11-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Hopefully this silences all of the gibberish about Moore being the starter.

Moore is a good complement, a very good receiver, and a suitable replacement, but Parker is explosive. He showed great vision and toughness today. I love how he closed the game out - running 3-4 consecutive times - getting the first and killing the clock when everyone knew it was comming.

SteelersWoman
11-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Not really sure why they don't try Gary in goal line situations--I'd like to see if he could power it in--especially since they apparently have no intentions of letting Ben throw into the endzone anymore.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Hopefully this silences all of the gibberish about Moore being the starter.

Moore is a good complement, a very good receiver, and a suitable replacement, but Parker is explosive. He showed great vision and toughness today. I love how he closed the game out - running 3-4 consecutive times - getting the first and killing the clock when everyone knew it was comming.

:iagree:, the way Willie played on Sunday and 2 weeks ago when he came back he is showing so much improvement in his game is really fun watching him run. he's seeing the holes better and really able to make things happen. We're going to need him down the stretch big time and Russel too. Moore is awesome in the passing game, can pick up blockers, and can fill in when needed. All 3 of our RB's are better together than they are when 1 is hurt.

One thing that drives me nuts though is Moore and that damn jumping in goal to go situations. He's done that several times this year and got blasted by a linebacker filling the hole at the last minute. He needs to lower his shoulder and power through.

AZ_Steeler
11-17-2008, 03:52 PM
I gotta say.. I know I have been bagging pretty hard on FWP lately but yesterday he actually did look really good! He was making people miss, which we hadn't seen much of that all year so far, he was making bug runs and wasn't really getting stuffed behind the line :bigthumb: Plus his 4.6 ypc was good too! :D

Stlrs4Life
11-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Willie looked great yesterday.

Stairwayto7
11-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Willie did look great today. And finally on third and short we used a bigger back, too bad it was almost too late

Brady Quinn
11-17-2008, 06:21 PM
WHEN HEALTHY HE IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-17-2008, 07:43 PM
I never questioned Willie being the starter.....I never thought Moore was a starting RB....But this team would be screwed without Moore this year especially with all the injuries at the RB spot this year.....My only concern with Willie is his health and who knows if another 20 carries will shelf him again for any length of time....

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
11-17-2008, 08:39 PM

Was nice to see him play like that again...This is the game management we should have seen the past few weeks.After that Eagles game the offense should have made this adjustment then, with the quick hitters,TE dumps and slants.If they play this smart from here on out with a solid running game and sprinkle in a few big hitters this team is gonna roll.:tt02:

Iron City South
11-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Parker had a good game which is a direct result of Ben finally putting up some decent numbers.

Parker is a good back, but he's no Mewelde Moore ... that's for sure. :yellowthumb: