PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Baker released; Lewis activated

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Just got the text from KDKA that Dallas Baker was released and Roy Lewis was activated from the PS.

This paves the way for Sweed to get more playing time now.

AZ_Steeler
11-15-2008, 12:59 PM
I don't ever recall this much action with dropping and activating players this late in the season :dunno:

yinzer
11-15-2008, 02:29 PM
I don't ever recall this much action with dropping and activating players this late in the season :dunno:

wheels on the bus go round and round......................

Captcoolhand
11-15-2008, 02:46 PM
you better bet that he won't be a FA for long.....:2cents:

HUNT4SEVEN
11-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Roy lewis isn't he an C.B? man we must be really thin at that position, but Baker wasn't producing anyway:imho::2cents:

Zachintosh66
11-15-2008, 06:47 PM

I dont recall having this many injury problems...

MOTORKRAFT
11-15-2008, 07:20 PM
:plus1:

lloydfan4life
11-15-2008, 08:26 PM
I dont recall having this many injury problems...

Exactly!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2008, 09:26 PM
As many injuries that this team has dealt with this year it's no wonder they are playing musical chairs with all these backups and PS players.

Baker was hurt for awhile so we never got a chance to really see what he had to show other than training camp.

Steelers#1fan
11-16-2008, 09:47 AM
By the sound of things, Dallas Baker will return some time next week.

scott0326
11-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Yeah I could see him returning next week after Bengals game.

Gettysburgh_Steel
11-16-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm glad Baker is gone. Only thing he has done is clog up a spot where we may have someone better come to play.Last throw of the game against the colts should not have been intercepted. if he could not catch that pass,he could have prevented it at least.I'm glad he is gone,and i hope he never comes back.We will be better off without him.I am sure of that!!!!!!!!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Steelers#1fan
11-16-2008, 03:51 PM
I agree with TOP GUN in that we haven't really seen Dallas Baker's full potential. Before the shoulder injury you have to admit the guy looked great. He had to have made some kind of impression to have made it to the #4 receiver spot, making Limas Sweed the #5 receiver.

Zachintosh66
11-16-2008, 05:55 PM
i agree that well see Baker back soon

K Train
11-16-2008, 06:34 PM
lewis=baller
baker=bum

scott0326
11-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Steelers resigned Baker to practice squad
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&line=131571&id=4285

Steelers re-signed WR Dallas Baker to their practice squad.
Baker has failed to make plays in limited opportunities.

K Train
11-19-2008, 04:48 PM
where he belongs...he didnt outlplay sweed, sweed just didnt pick up the game as fast as expected and baker knew the playbook already. sweeds time will come soon

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2008, 10:16 PM
He showed so much promise in camp but between injuries and just not getting a lot of playing time this year he didn't pan out the way we hoped yet. It's good he's back on the PS for us and hopefully he'll be able to get in the mix for next season if he doesn't get any more chances this year.

Sweed is going to get a lot more playing time now so he needs to come through.

steelcitysfinestXL
11-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Willie Reid was a camp all-star too TG, and we all know how that story ended!!! baker is a talent for sure. But Ward is playing at a very high level late in his career, Holmes is only gonna improve along with Nate. We have ALOT of stock in Sweed and both Miller and Spaeth deserve a place in 4 and 5 WR sets. Baker is expendable IMO! We need young guys who will make clutch catches in key situations... ie: Nate in 05-06 playoff run, i really think Sweed is that guy.

Im also suprised Roy didnt earn a spot on this team with the way he played all camp, dude has game!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2008, 10:30 PM
where he belongs...he didnt outlplay sweed, sweed just didnt pick up the game as fast as expected and baker knew the playbook already. sweeds time will come soon

I agree 100 percent Ktrain.......Sad thing is Sweed should have been the 4th WR from the start of the season....Since Sweed was a 2nd round pick and the best way for Sweed to learn is by getting NFL game experience....

steelcitysfinestXL
11-19-2008, 10:48 PM
I agree 100 percent Ktrain.......Sad thing is Sweed should have been the 4th WR from the start of the season....Since Sweed was a 2nd round pick and the best way for Sweed to learn is by getting NFL game experience....

:plus1: Its not as though he had to be Calvin Johnson or Dewane Bowe... Sweed didnt have that pressure to be "The Guy". He should have been dressing every game and seeing the field much earlier and more often. Look at Desean Jackson and what he has done in his rookie campaign. He was afforded oppurtunity because of injuries to Brown and Kurtis, but he was thrown into action and learned on the fly... he didnt turn out too bad.

JensK
11-20-2008, 04:06 AM

I believe that Sweed is suffering of our stupid hard schedule. If we had an easy schedule, i believe we would have seen Sweed alot more, but seeing that we pretty much only play good teams this season, the Steelers want to play the ppl they know will produce. Sweed's time will come soon enough. Expect to see him alot on the field next season!

Steelers#1fan
11-20-2008, 06:51 AM
How can you expect any player to excell if he doesn't get playing time? It's tough to get that playing time when you have Ward, Holmes and Washington ahead of you. So Baker dropped a few passes, so what. I saw Washington and Holmes drop a couple Sunday against the Chargers. Do we get rid of them too!? As for Sweed? Apparently Baker showed Tomlin that he was the better fit at #4 than what Sweed was. You have to remember that Baker had a shoulder injury too, meaning no playing time.