PDA

View Full Version : Why did the steelers cut rossum?

scottbe
11-14-2008, 06:37 PM
I liked allen rossum!

Koopa
11-14-2008, 06:44 PM
cause he is a washed up bum.............

Iron City South
11-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Having a proven return man like Rossum playing on such as crappy Special Teams unit like ours last year, was like putting a Ferrari engine put into the body of a Zamboni. If may sound fast, but it's no longer a Ferrari ....

Trust me, our ST's unit can have Devin Hester taking the kicks, but he won't be the same Devin Hester as you've seen in the past .... ST's takes 11 men to be good.

scottbe
11-14-2008, 07:24 PM
did you see his return the other night?he didnt look washed up to me...

cause he is a washed up bum.............

Steelersfan
11-14-2008, 07:48 PM

Everybody's a washed up bum to Koopa.........:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Having a proven return man like Rossum playing on such as crappy Special Teams unit like ours last year, was like putting a Ferrari engine put into the body of a Zamboni. If may sound fast, but it's no longer a Ferrari ....

Trust me, our ST's unit can have Devin Hester taking the kicks, but he won't be the same Devin Hester as you've seen in the past .... ST's takes 11 men to be good.

See the post that ICS made...

Rossum had the one return for a TD last year but after that he did a whole lot of nothing. Our entire ST stunk last year and Rossum was a victim of that as much as he was just not producing period.

Steelers70
11-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Rossum gets the rare nice run back now and again, but all in all he's done. I don't see where he could possibly help our ST at this juncture.

-Steelers70

jpele
11-14-2008, 10:01 PM
We let Rossum go because our special teams coach is about as good as our offensive coordinator.

Before anyone jumps on me about how we've improved this year look again, there's a slight improvement on coverage,but everything else is the same and Jeff Reed was good before Ligashesky became coach.

scottbe
11-14-2008, 10:36 PM
go check his stats before he was a steeler!

Rossum gets the rare nice run back now and again, but all in all he's done. I don't see where he could possibly help our ST at this juncture.

-Steelers70

Silverback 92
11-15-2008, 09:02 AM
I remember 1 good return against S.F. and then ...Nothing much after that

HUNT4SEVEN
11-15-2008, 07:05 PM

Exactly:yellowthumb: we have to learn to block for our returners period:yellowthumb: